Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:46 am
User Image
                                                  Take all of your wasted honor
                                                  Every little past frustration
                                                  Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                  Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ℱ𝒾𝒻𝓉𝒽 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || ℋ𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 || ℬ𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Zeph blinked as he realized that she hadn't meant it the way he had thought. Which there was a lot of room for interpretation on what she said, to be honest. However, her clarifying what she had meant had him blushing furiously about the whole subject. It wasn't that people hadn't wondered about why he couldn't read. His mum had gotten confused when she heard what he said happened with the letters, and couldn't understand why they jumped around on him like they did. He ran a hand through his hair and smiled a bit sheepishly. "No, you're right. It was a good question. My mum was confused when I tried to explain it to her. She'd never heard of it."

Well, at least there sounded to be an actual term for what he experienced. That was good. Maybe. It didn't help with him figuring out to make the letters stop what they were doing, but it was a start, right? When she commented on his writing, his eyes were drawn back to the parchment that he had originally written on and he shrugged at her suggestions. "That doesn't help with test time, though. Self-writing quills are great and all, but they're not allowed during tests. Same with self-spelling quills either. At least then I'd be spelling things right instead of screwing words up all the time. I'll see about hopping down to Hogsmeade sometime and picking one up. Or maybe two. I go through a lot of quills, to be honest." And that was just with him being frustrated every time he wrote something. He had a tendency to snap quills while he was writing sometimes, and that wasn't a symptom of dysleaksia, or whatever Lori had called it. That was just his frustration.

At the topic of him retaining information, he paused, and then shook his head.
                                                  "No, I'm pretty good at remembering things I'm told. That and hands-on. I'm great with both those things. It'd certainly make it easier if I didn't have to write the notes myself and just had to listen to the professor." At the mention of partners, he bit his lip, thinking. However, he blinked at her when she corrected herself. Had she been about to suggest she could help him study? He thought that was one of the things she was going to do. Figure out what his issue was, and then get into actually helping him with studying. He didn't think he'd mind, really, if she did help. "That makes a lot of sense. The having someone help me study, I mean. I actually thought that's what you had wanted to do, and not just the figuring out the problem either." As he said that, he couldn't help but blush. He hadn't said it like that, did he? That made it sound like she hadn't wanted to help at all. He fidgeted a bit more, thinking the chair he was sitting in could swallow him up and he wouldn't care.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Studying... My mortal enemy....
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Snow

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                  And your faith is broken
                                                  Even as the eyes are closing
                                                  Do it with a heart wide open

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:25 am
User Image
                                                    I know I took the path that you would never want for me
                                                    I know I let you down, didn't I?
                                                    So many sleepless nights where you were waiting up on me
                                                    Well I'm just a slave unto the night.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Vɪᴄᴇ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys smiled a bit as Gid mentioned he could help. He didn't think he'd ever seen his best friend this enthusiastic for studying, ever. Then again, Gid usually looked at his book load and blanched. He nodded though, thinking it could be a good thing to do if Gid was wanting to be a lawyer. "It's mostly family law, and the regulations behind inheritance. I ran into something that I wanted to research it for, and I wanted to know what they were and how they applied to wills and such." He bi9t his lip, not wanting to get into the whys of why he wanted to research them. He was pretty sure it'd come up eventually, but he hadn't ever considered that he'd ever be in this situation. Sure, he was in a family where he could inherit something, but he figured it'd be years away, and Kenny was the oldest so anything regarding positions would probably defer to him first and Rhys only if something happened to Kenny.

He blinked when Gid apologized for asking about the picture and for his loss. Shaking his head, he hadn't thought about it for a long time, well before he had gone silent with the whole situation with his da-Aedan.
                                                    "No, it's fine. I don't mind saying who it is. I... I don't remember much about her, to be honest, and a relative from her side of the family found me and decided to give it to me." He glanced back to the picture, where Sybella was looking curiously between the two of them. He almost wanted to ask his grandfather if there were any paintings of his mum around the Linwood house, but he didn't know if he wanted to see it or not. A picture was one thing. Paintings tended to talk and get involved with people. He wasn't sure if he'd prefer for his memory to remain just a picture or actually a real concrete memory.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I'm getting my head too twisted around, aren't I?
                                                    OOC:

Don't tell me that I'm wrong
                                                    I've walked that road before
                                                    And left you on your own
                                                    And please believe them when they say
                                                    That it's left for yesterday
                                                    And the records that I've played
                                                    Please forgive me for all I've done.

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:32 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxUnder a Mountain of Books
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxZeph, soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFocused
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

α f я α ι ∂ тσ ℓσѕє ¢ σ и т я σ ℓ αи∂ ¢ α υ g н т υρ ιи тнιѕ ω σ я ℓ ∂ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'νє ωαѕтє∂ т ι м є, ι'νє ωαѕтє∂ в я є α т н, ι тнιик ι'νє т н σ υ g н т муѕєℓf тσ ∂ є α т н xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι ωαѕ в σ я и ωιтнσυт тнιѕ f є α я, иσω σ и ℓ у тнιѕ ѕєємѕ ¢ ℓ є α я xxxxxx
                                                          ι иєє∂ тσ м σ ν є, ι иєє∂ тσ f ι g н т, ι иєє∂ тσ ℓ σ ѕ є муѕєℓf т σ и ι g н т xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLori fought to keep her expression neutral when he blushed. Offended, and embarrassed. Wonderful. She was honestly probably lucky she was dealing with Zeph right now, since she was fairly certain anyone else would be ripping into her for being so callous. He was far too good-natured for that, which she was thankful for, even if she felt like perhaps she deserved for him to say whatever it was that he was thinking. When he seemed to be placating her, she felt even worse; why was he the one trying to soothe her ruffled feathers, when she was the one being insensitive? She wanted to apologize, but honestly, she didn't really know how. It would feel disingenuous to do so, since she did believe she was right. She just hadn't meant for it to be offensive... when she said something that was absolutely offensive. Brilliant. At a loss for words, she simply attempted to return his obviously-forced smile, and failed miserably at doing so.

spaceShe was immensely grateful for the distraction when he pointed out that her suggestion wouldn't help with tests. To that, she merely shrugged, a small frown on her lips. "I'm trying to manage this one step, and problem, at a time. Exams aren't until the end of the year, and your ability to perform in them in spite of your difficulties won't help if we haven't managed to find an effective way for you to study in the meantime." She couldn't quite tell if he was actually considering the benefits of the quill for studying, or just attempting to placate her again. It rather seemed like he didn't see the benefit. She sighed, glancing down at the table, her forehead held up by her hand, elbow resting on the table's surface. "In the muggle world, when people suffer from disabilities like this, accommodations are made in their school environments, particularly during test time. Extra time allotted, assistance with the things they can't manage, and so on. I would think that, should someone be informed of your predicament, Hogwarts would attempt the same... But, obviously I can't say for certain. At the very least... We could, perhaps, go to the headmaster and inform him. He might be willing to help. And now that I have a more definitive diagnosis to work with, I can read up on things that might help you with the exams, just in case there's nothing to be done on his end." She chewed her lip nervously. She honestly couldn't tell at this point, how helpful she was actually being, or if she was just getting on his nerves. It wasn't the least bit helpful that, of everyone she knew, the Hufflepuff was the one least likely to show any sign of ire, regardless of his mood. The worst she'd seen from him was frustration when he'd been writing his note to show her his handwriting. And that had been directed at himself, not her. Of course, it was entirely possible some of the frustration had in fact been her fault.

spaceThe Slytherin found herself thanking the universe for small favors when he confirmed at least one assumption on her part. His memory was good enough that, without the distraction of having to struggle through note-taking, he might remember what was said in lessons on his own. If he'd said that he couldn't remember what he'd heard, she would've been stuck, and had to research more. Though, now she was wondering just how far into this she should be sticking her nose, since they'd only been sitting here ten or so minutes and she'd already managed to muck it up. When he noted that he'd thought she'd intended to be his study partner initially, she blushed, unable to look at him. "I... That had been my intention, yes. But... I just meant... Obviously I'm only here because I was the one who'd initially noticed there could be more to this. Once we've... established what would work best for you, I'm no longer necessary. Me, specifically, in any case. So... I assume you'd prefer another partner. Given..." Her eyes slid closed, brow crinkling. "I know I'm not... easy to... to cope with. That I'm insensitive. And say things that I perhaps shouldn't. Frequently. I had... I thought I'd figured it out well enough to be of help, but, obviously not." She ground her teeth. First Tristan, now Zeph; she assumed her friendship with Gia had only avoided this sort of thing because her housemate was sure enough of herself not to require input from an outside source. It wasn't as though the Italian had ever needed her help for anything sensitive. Just with technical things. Which was the only thing Lori was good for, obviously.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ¢σиfυѕє∂ ωнαт ι т н σ υ g н т ωιтн ѕσмєтнιиg ι f є ℓ т
                                                          xxxxxx ¢σиfυѕє ωнαт ι f є є ℓ ωιтн ѕσмєтнιиg тнαт'ѕ я є α ℓ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι тяιє∂ тσ ѕ є ℓ ℓ му ѕ σ υ ℓ ℓαѕт и ι g н т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx f υ и и у, нє ωσυℓ∂и'т єνєи т α к є α в ι т є

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:04 am
User ImageUser Image

Fσυятн Yεαя Gячғғıпɔσя

Gid grinned when Rhys did, then the brunette dug through his bag for both his law textbook and a book of court proceedings his dad had sent him. At the mention of family law, Gid looked a bit confused. He wanted to research wills and such? That was odd, even for him. "So inheritance law? Are you helping someone else out, or are you curious about how it all works?" He looked at his friend, knowing curiosity was a major influence to his studies. Admittedly, Gid was glad they were discussing law today. Another day of Transfiguration studies and he'd probably go loony. Gid flipped through his textbook, hoping to find something he could use. Though Rhys had said they'd have to go above and beyond the book, so he'd have to call in his backup. "I'll head up to the owlery next and send out a letter to dad. He has a ton of law study books, so he'll have some we can use, surely."

After apologizing to Rhys about his mother, the boy looked conflicted. Rhys said it was fine, but that he didn't remember much about her, then casually added that a relative found him and gave the picture over. "A relative of hers? So... part of your birth family? Why didn't you tell me sooner, I'd have been there for you earlier." He looked at his friend, eyes sad. He would've dropped everything to meet one of Rhys' relatives, if only to be emotional support. Rhys usually needed emotional support, but Gid had always been there to provide it. Except maybe he didn't want it anymore? The very thought made Gid shudder, knowing Rhys was forever his best friend.

I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏғ ᴀ ғᴀʀ ᴏғғ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ's ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄʜᴇᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴄᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs sᴀʏɪɴɢ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴅᴀʏ, I ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ
I ᴡɪʟʟ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ɪғ I ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍɪʟᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ

Wнεп I ɢσ тнε ɔıƨтαпcε, I'ʟʟ вε яıɢнт шнεяε I вεʟσпɢ
Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:14 pm
User Image
                                                                Hope that you spend your days,
                                                                But they all add up
                                                                And when that sun goes down,
                                                                Hope you raise your cup
                                                                Oh, I wish that I could witness
                                                                All your joy and all your pain
                                                                But until my moment comes, I'll say...

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Himself
                                                                What am I doing? Studying
                                                                What am I thinking? Why does this seem so hard?
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Kazu entered the library, looking for a table to settle down in. He was doing horribly in Transfiguration. With the incinerated match incident, he really hadn't done all that well, and he wanted to do better with it than he was. Which was probably going to be an uphill battle, to be honest. Sighing, he looked back at Saio, who he decided to study with since she too was having issues as well. Just not nearly the destructive issues that he was having. Setting down his bag, he brushed his hair out of his face and sat down, already pulling out his books and wondering just how hard this was going to be. "Please tell me you have some idea about how this works, because otherwise I think we're both going to be scrambling through books this whole time." He really didn't want to, but if he got better at the subject as a result, he would.

OOC:

I did it all
                                                                I owned every second
                                                                That this world could give
                                                                I saw so many places,
                                                                The things that I did
                                                                With every broken bone,
                                                                I swear I lived

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
First Year Hufflepuff
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Library - Study Area

Saio had walked into the library with Kazu. They were both struggling with transfigurations. Sure she didn’t cause the match to go up in flames but she still couldn’t make a needle out of a match. Putting her bag down, she took a seat next to her housemate. They were going to figure this out. She just didn’t know how long it would take… Taking her books out and flipping to where the spell was in them, she looked over at Kazu. “Well I know you need to say the spell right and be focused.” She told him honestly.

“All I’ve managed to do is make a metallic match so… I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.” Saio admitted before looking over her stuff. “I say we just start from the beginning.” She said looking over at Kazu. “The incantation is aku-sig-nis…” She said making sure to slowly pronounce it. “I think we got that part right, right?”

Status: It can't be this difficult...
                                                  With: Kazu

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: Sorry for the wait.

[quote="Red Hot Missy]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:51 pm
User Image
                                                                Hope that you spend your days,
                                                                But they all add up
                                                                And when that sun goes down,
                                                                Hope you raise your cup
                                                                Oh, I wish that I could witness
                                                                All your joy and all your pain
                                                                But until my moment comes, I'll say...

Where am I? Library
                                                                Who am I with? Himself, Saio
                                                                What am I doing? Studying
                                                                What am I thinking? Why does this seem so hard?
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Kazu frowned, flipping through his book and grabbing out the notes. He could read them easily enough, and the boy was just certain that he was not putting enough of something into the spell. "Yeah, it was something like... Concentration, will, and pronunciation, right? Professor Drage keeps harping on that a lot. All I've managed to do is bungle the pronunciation and set things on fire so..." Kazu shrugged, grabbing out a quill and writing out the pronunciation as Saio said it.

"Yeah, that sounds right. I wasn't getting it right though. You might need more work on the other areas I think." He frowned, his mouth twisting downward as he considered the spell itself. "The only problem is we can't cast it in the library. I think there's a rule against it." He didn't want to get into trouble with the librarian, after all. That would have been bad, especially if she decided to ban them from it. What if they needed a book or needed a place to study?

OOC:

I did it all
                                                                I owned every second
                                                                That this world could give
                                                                I saw so many places,
                                                                The things that I did
                                                                With every broken bone,
                                                                I swear I lived

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saio Mio Ukida
First Year Hufflepuff
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Location : Library - Study Area

Saio nodded as Kazu mentioned the formula and how bad he did in class. He’d get there she was sure, they both would. “Yeah, sounds right.” She agreed before saying. “Don’t worry Kazu, you’ll get it. Just say it slowly a few time to make sure you got it and then work on saying it normal. Once you get it to normal speed the pronunciation should be a piece of cake.” She told him knowing once he got that down the spell would probably come a lot easier to him. At least there won’t be any fire she was sure.

Suddenly it occurred to Saio that he was right. They couldn’t exactly practice the spell in the actual library. “I think you’re right, besides we don’t have any matches to turn into needles anyways.” She said with a sigh. They were definitely not having much luck. “Do you think someone can try too hard to make a spell work?” She asked curiously. Honestly she didn’t know what he problem was with the spell. That’s when the thought hit her.

“Hey, maybe I’m not visualizing it well enough... You remember in standard book of spells chapter one. It said that imagining the process and the end result makes it easier.” Saio thought on it more. “Come to think of it I’m pretty sure that whole chapter could relate to any class not just charms.” If only she could remember what the rest of the chapter. “Hey, you won’t happen to have yours with you would you?”

Status: It can't be this difficult...
                                                  With: Kazu

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: - - -

[quote="Red Hot Missy]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:06 pm
A mind as clear as a cloudless sky...
No room for rust, no room for settled dust.
A waning wild thrown to bygone days...
I’m growing black mud up around my veins;
And I’m going backwards, shutting out the name.

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw chaser │ sixth year prefect│ halfblood

Maybe she didn't have any exams to worry about this year, but Di still took her studying very seriously, and she was not doing poorly on her Charms NEWT. She wasn't. With that in mind, she set up camp in the library for the afternoon, since she didn't have quidditch practice today, and her prefect rounds weren't until much later tonight. Besides, now that she was a sixth year she felt some sort of duty to set a positive example for the younger students, even when she'd really rather have been sculpting or sewing a new patch for her book-bag or something. But on the plus side there was no way Treva would dare set foot in the library to harass her. So that was always a positive. Di busied herself with spreading out her textbook and notes across the table in front of her, and tried her best to focus. She really did. But it was a very nice afternoon and she kept getting distracted by the sound of papers being shuffled nearby and dust motes twinkling in the air by a window. The brunette sighed, blowing a wisp of hair away from her face, and started highlighting, just to give her twitchy hands something to do.

OOC:
Yukina101

Diamond Wales

But it’s spiraling, spiraling into something bigger-
Is there something bigger?
Wide awake, but I am sleeping...
I’m lying naked, drunk and dreaming-
Would it all work at all?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:06 pm
Cause you don't know me, I don't know you
So don't approach me, I won't approach you
And don't insult me, I won't insult you
Cause you don't know what I will or I won't do
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
15. | Muggleborn | Slytherin Fifth Year| Prefect

Wren was in his usual spot in the study section, a somewhat secluded corner that had people sometimes tripping over him or even shrieking when they finally noticed someone else was there (that part was actually somewhat amusing) when he heard a new arrival and immediately tensed. He knew Murdoch could sniff him out like a hell hound but he had hoped for at least a little more headway with his Transfiguration homework. Three different formulas for the same goddamn product, it was madness. He shuffled some of his papers looking for the one that had all three written perpendicular to one another so he could compare and contract when he heard the thumping of books being set on the table and looked up in curiosity. The Hufflepuff never actually went so far as to bring books in her charade of "studying" when she came after him so it had to be someone else. Which it was, though he wasn't entire sure if the second option was better. It wasn't to say that he disliked Warlow, he barely knew enough about her to call her by her last name let alone dislike her, but he was...confused to say the least. Puberty hadn't bypassed him like he had prayed it had but he didn't stay up at night lusting for imaginary girls and short skirts, or honestly, he really didn't think about girls all that much to begin with. That didn't mean he was suddenly thinking about her all the time either but, he saw her sometimes either in the corridors or when doing his patrol and he sometimes had the oddest sensation to say something. It was odd because he finally reached the point where people didn't expect any type of recognition or greeting from him so for him to want to offer it confused him. Wren heard another shuffle of feet and whispers before realizing that he had been staring into space and not actually studying and scowled in self reprimand. He didn't have time for this madness, he had stupid OWL's this year and he had been volunteered to patrol around the Great Hall of all places in a few hours and he needed to have some sort of headway in his homework. He busied himself for another few minutes before one of the students from before literally bumped into him and his small table scattering some of his papers causing him to curse aloud scaring the already spooked teen who ran seeing the look on his face. He spotted some of his papers having floated over to where the Ravenclaw was, because the Fates hated him, and gave an internal sigh as he fixed his table before walking over to awkwardly gather the ones not underneath her table and chair. "Uh, hey, excuse me but um, my papers are sort of underneath your chair." he informed her raising an eyebrow when he noticed she had a highlighter. He wondered if it was some sort of seemingly normal magical item that screamed the words at people or maybe made them disappear and reappear at will. "You have a highlighter?" he asked slightly skeptical that it wasn't as normal as it appeared.
The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Make no mistake, I'm the Golden State heavyweight
Bein underrated gave me time to create it
Can you relate? I renovate, straight out the gate
Carried my weight, but seem to receive nothin but hate

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:04 am

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di noticed a familiar figure sitting nearby, but did not go out of her way to greet said figure, partly because it was Wren and she didn't think he was the type to really be up for a friendly chat whilst he was in the midst of studying, and partly because it was Wren and she was half-convinced he didn't like her very much. She had no substantial proof to back this up, but she ran into him far more often than she usually would, as he was a prefect, and he always had this look on his face upon seeing her as though he sort of wanted to say something. She had no idea what, but since he didn't have a reputation for extroversion, assumed she'd in some way gotten on his nerves at one point or another, and that the sight of her annoyed him. Di didn't particularly care whether a fifth year Slytherin liked her or couldn't stand her, but she'd rather he just come out and say it if he did have a problem, rather than making her glance back at him awkwardly every time they made eye contact. She also considered the fact that she did think he was attractive, physically speaking, and maybe that just made her uncomfortable. She'd had shallow crushes before, and assumed this one would pass in a month or so like the rest of them. Besides, she barely knew him, and even if Argall did have a type, she very much doubted she, Miss Nosy Strait-Laced Upper Year, was it. Someone must have tripped or bumped into the table, because his papers suddenly scattered, causing Di to actually look up, as the perpetrator ran off and he cursed, before reluctantly getting up and walking over to her. She stood up silently and moved her chair, bending down to pick up his papers and hand them back to him, before frowning slightly at the look on his face and his question about her highlighter, of all things. "I've only got one muggle grandmother, but my family isn't completely ignorant of the muggle world," the brunette said dryly. "Isol- my stepmother's muggleborn, so we have a phone, and TV, and internet... not that it works well or at all, half of the time. Too much magic in the air. And we do have highlighters, and pens, and pencils," she added, with a small smile. "Magic doesn't really interfere with those." It occurred to her that she'd said far too much for such a simple question, and that if she hadn't annoyed him before, she certainly was now with her rambling, and thrust his papers at him, glancing down as she did so. "Transfiguration? That's my- I do pretty well in it," she amended sheepishly. "If you um... need any help." Great. Right. Way not to offend the prickly Slytherin. 10/10. Excellent job, Diantha. Just wonderful.

OOC:
Yukina101

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:08 am
Cause you don't know me, I don't know you
So don't approach me, I won't approach you
And don't insult me, I won't insult you
Cause you don't know what I will or I won't do
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
15. | Muggleborn | Slytherin Fifth Year| Prefect

Wren felt a little bad when he saw that the Ravenclaw had already gotten out of her seat to help get his stuff, especially since he had seen how into her studying she had been just moments before. Though that feeling evaporated when she began to explain about the highlighter and it was like he could practically feel the "is he kidding?" vibes rolling off of her. Yeah, he was the weird one for using a writing utensil that could correct mistakes without having to rewrite an entire paper. Though he did raise a mental eyebrow at her corrected use of the term "stepmother" and briefly wondered what the story was behind it. Then he remembered it was none of his business and the thought went away. "You're the only one I've seen so far with an actual highlighter. I've seen the handful of pencils and pens, some of the Slytherin's horde pens like they're ******** Smaug I swear, but never a highlighter so, forgive my suspicion. This one kid in my dorm has toothbrush that yells at him if he doesn't floss." He threw out as an explanation to his, seemingly, warranted confusion. Wren gave her short nod and soft "thanks" at the handed papers and was about to go back to his own table when she mentioned her specialty in Transfiguration. She probably took Arithmancy too, she looked the type that numbers and formulas would be her thing. Lucky witch. At her offer of help the overwhelming urge to say no and just cut out of the library all together was just so friggen tempting that really, after a few seconds of standing and staring Wren couldn't understand why he hadn't done so yet. Then he realized that he had been staring, probably oddly, at her for longer than five seconds and realized that window had closed unless he wanted to seem like a complete d**k. Well he was, but he a complete one. "If uh, if you don't mind I guess. You looked pretty busy with whatever you were studying and I don't want a fanboy flock of Ravenclaws coming after me if I let their queen get a lesser grade on an exam." Wren offered with a wry smirk. She probably didn't realize how much she had some of those Ravenclaw males eating out of her claws. It was sort of funny really. From far far away.
The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Make no mistake, I'm the Golden State heavyweight
Bein underrated gave me time to create it
Can you relate? I renovate, straight out the gate
Carried my weight, but seem to receive nothin but hate

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:37 pm

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di was a bit taken aback when he responded considerably more light-heartedly than she would have expected. Granted, he had been very mellow when she'd seen him over the summer, but they'd only talked for a few minutes, and he'd been accompanied by his little sister. She knew well-enough that you behaved differently around your younger siblings, and whatever else you could say about Wren, he seemed like a good older brother. Still, she hadn't been expected an almost... friendly... retort. More like she'd figured he would either glare or snap something back, take his papers, and retreat to his corner of the table.

"Really?" she asked in disbelief, before cracking into an amused smile at the Smaug comment. "You're lucky you just have to deal with talking toothbrushes. Someone in my dorm has a singing comb." Di wasn't opposed to magical quirks, but she did sometimes need a break from all of it. And if she could use the internet or game for just one day without it crashing over the summer, she'd die happy.

He then proceeded to stare at her. And stare. And stare. Di had half a mind to back away slowly, because he appeared to either be having some flashbacks or fighting an internal battle, until he finally spoke again. To her shock, he actually accepted her offer. Argall was just full of surprises today, wasn't he? He even joked. "I wouldn't have offered if I minded," she said matter of factly, before her eyes widened slightly at the mention of a 'fanboy flock'. Her face reddened slightly, to her horror, before she regained her ability to speak. "I don't know about that," she said archly, although her expression was very odd, before walking over to where his work was. "For starters, one of these formulas was copied down wrong," Di commented, peering over it and tucking a lock of brown hair behind her ear. "The second one."

OOC:
Yukina101

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:49 pm
User Image
                                                  In the end
                                                  As you fade into the night
                                                  Who will tell the story of your life
                                                  And who will remember your last goodbye
                                                  'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
                                                  I'm not afraid to die.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Mordred hunted through the shelves, trying to find some study material for his classes. He'd been doing pretty well considering he'd finally taken the leap and moved out on his own since the summer. Which was kind of liberating, to be honest. He didn't have to deal with his father or his mother and their general demeanour. As it was, he'd still had to use the money from his modelling to actually afford a place, which wasn't so bad as long as he reminded himself he wanted to graduate and do something else after school. What, he didn't know, but he could always get into writing or something if he so chose. Glancing through one of the books he picked up, he overheard talking in the library and blinked when he heard Di's voice.

Now, he knew that he had a problem with jealousy. That had been blatantly pointed out to him by the younger Ravenclaw when she last spoke to him on the train years ago. However, when he glanced to see who she was talking to, he realized she was talking to one of the Slytherins, one of the ones that apparently had a reputation for having a bad attitude. He edged into view, glancing between the two and trying to determine if they were just talking or... No, from the way it sounded, they could have been flirting. A sudden shot of annoyance coursed through him at the realization and he walked forward, deciding the book was fine and not quite thinking his actions through. He stopped beside Di and shifted the bag over his shoulder, completely ignoring the Slytherin in the process.
                                                  "Hey, Di, do you mind if I sit here and study? I mean, I'm not going to bother you while I'm here."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Who is that and why are they talking to Di?
                                                  OOC:

Born a saint
                                                  But with every sin I still wanna be holy
                                                  I will live again
                                                  Who we are
                                                  Isn't how we live we are more than our bodies
                                                  If I fall I will rise back up and relive my glory

Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:19 pm

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di sometimes wondered how in the world Mordred had ever been sorted into Ravenclaw, as he was the most ridiculously obtuse person she had ever met. Since the Train Incident, which she admitted to herself she might have been a bit harsh with, she had kept the older boy strictly on amiable terms, mostly because she sensed he had very little regret over the whole matter, aside from her not going out with him, and also because while he no longer ignored her friends, that was only because she never talked to him whilst in the company of said friends, and limited their conversations to neutral areas such as the quidditch pitch or common room. It figured that he only spoke to her this year when he sensed (he must have some sort of sixth sense about when she was in the presence of another male) a 'threat'.

She considered giving him another dressing-down right here and now over his obvious delusion, as he clearly hadn't learned anything, and Di didn't appreciate being shadowed by a sullen child acting as if someone else were playing with this things, but they were in a library, a hallowed hall of knowledge. Also Wren was right there, and the brunette knew for a fact that if she got into it with Mordred right now, he'd likely just pack up and leave, and probably never speak to her again. Which she shouldn't have cared either way- she offered to help with homework, not to be bosom buds forevermore- but the principle of the whole thing remained. "Mordred," Di said very calmly, even serenely, perhaps too tranquilly, "Go. I'm busy. Helping Wren. With his transfiguration homework. As you can see." She spoke very slowly, as it talking to a dim-witted child. If he was going to act like a fool, she'd treat him like one.

OOC:
Yukina101

Diamond Wales

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas