Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:24 am
You play a dangerous game, Icy. emotion_dowant
Though for some reason this reminds me of that one Futurama episode where everybody got their genders removed. Nuchachos. lulz cat_rofl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:40 am
What? ninja I'm just sleeping.......while ogling a fine naked specimen............ ninja

I used to watch Futurama, but I can't for the life of me remember that episode. Bender for the effing win! emotion_dealwithit  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:43 pm
Only reason I remember any of it is because my roommate decided to watch the entire series over again.

User Image

Speaking of Bender though... I was watching a Kevin Smith special and he was talking about this one group of religious people that traveled around and protested things. They stood out in front of places with their picket signs, the "God hates -insert something random-" ones, doing their thing and for one reason or another one time they decided to protest Comic Con in San Diego. So the convention goers, being the smart asses they are, decided to get together and protest back and the one thing that stood out was this one guy cosplaying as Bender standing next to the church people waving around a sign that said "Down with humans," on it.
dramallama  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:00 pm
"Bite my shiny metal a**", eh? That would have been one hell of a worthy pic to see of the Bender holding that sign. emotion_dealwithit  

Flame Knightmaer

Dangerous Businessman

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:35 pm
It's things like that that make it impossible for me to give up being an otaku. The fans sometimes just baffle me. A group of people that seem to arouse my curiosity and wonder. And a few I just can't seem to leave alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:13 am
I'm thinking about quitting as an artist. I just feel so inept. Struggling so hard, hoping to someday get to a place where I'm happy about my art... it's just to much. I don't want to care about it anymore. It's more trouble than it's worth.  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 am
dramallama
If you don't want to care, then just don't care. You don't have to quit being an artist to stop caring how "good" you are. And truth be told, all good artists always find flaws in their own work no matter how skilled they are. It's not that they stress out about it and decide to give up because they're flawed. Rather, they have to continue to find flaws so that they know where they can improve, and it also helps keep them more realistic about their abilities instead of getting to the point where they feel everything they do is sheer perfection, causing their ego to inflate in an annoying manner that pushes people away.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 am
DON'T QUIT!!!! Each artist struggles. You won't ever get away from that. Just as great writers have creative blocks…artists struggle. ALL artists struggle and there is no getting around it.

I sometimes have to work on things I cannot stand or try and solve a visual problem that seems impossible to tackle for a client, but you just plow through and overcome. Sometimes you just need to walk away for a while. Or start on a different project to come back to the one giving you the problem later on.

And (I hate to even say this out loud) TES is…… right.
*whispers that last word.* There is no artists that is perfect. NONE. And the wonderful thing about art…it simply doesn't matter.

Is there something specific you aren't happy with?

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 am
I think the main problem is one of interest. I think I might just be growing out of the fields that got me into wanting to do art in the first place. I haven't even watched any anime for almost a month now. I feel like I've slowly been losing the compelling feeling that makes me want to draw more and more, but over the past week or so I've just gotten nothing. Skill aside, I just don't feel like doing something I no longer personally value. Drawing has just become something that helps kill some time during the day and if that's all its all it is then I'd rather just clear it up and spend my time doing things I do enjoy. I've always felt like the "clothes" of an artist never really fit me quite right. It's time I hang 'em up and put that effort into some areas of my life that could use more attention.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 am
We've all been there when it comes to our talents in one way shape or form. Like Psy said, don't totally quite it but just take a break from it and play with something else. I've found at one point that I'm pretty decent with minor sculpting, and pretty good at photography. And yet I still come back to my drawing bc something might happen that inspires me to draw something.

Heck even I don't watch a lot of anime either but I still love it. Its one of the reasons I volunteer at conventions and what not because I found how full filling it was to move my energies and put it into something that inspires someone else into their passions on something.

Just don't quit cold turkey on us Kai. Just have a little break. 3nodding

Liada Trovaras

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm
Sorry. I'm retarded. emotion_0A0
I got bored, okay! It's not like I'm getting back into art or anything. emotion_facepalm
Though I am getting more accurate at self portraits.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:28 pm
Sometimes, it helps to try something new and challenge yourself. Like Liada said she does with sculpting and photography. I do a little bit of painting sometimes, and this spring I took printmaking and drawing classes. Because I was learning new techniques, it made me want to apply that to the drawings I was doing for fun. Sometimes, a change of pace is all you need. cat_3nodding  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:55 pm
Don't quit, Kai. You do have some skill and some real talent. I can see it and I've been doing this professionally for over 25 years. Everything you do and experience in art helps you. Just don't abandon it for some fleeting emotion. Just take a deep breath. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:58 pm
I've taken year breaks with sewing before.
It's in my blood though stressed
I usually come back to it with a new vision when that happens.
I was going strong for a bit there myself, but I've been ignoring things again
even though I just constructed a full corset pattern for myself. pirate
I just can't bring myself to take the next step with it yet.
Too many outside stresses at the moment distracting me from the pretty.
Which is sad because I also have a crochet stole I'm half way through stressed
And it's GORGEOUS. yes, yes it is.

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:13 pm
User Image

Quitting is the easy part. It's the starting back up that gets me every time.
This inferiority complex is going to be the death of me some day. emotion_bigvein
Sorry to make you guys worry.

The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games