Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:46 pm
@ Naohiko:

As you begin to turn, you see that it's the girl from before. Not in the tea shop, as you had commanded her.

She's holding a tanto knife with both hands, the blade pointed at you. She looks like she's about to stick you.

You have enough iaijutsu to draw as a free action, and you purposely left your sword within reach; I'm giving you the chance to pre-empt her if you so choose (rolling attack and damage as normal).

This is a split second decision. Do you? Or do you hesitate?  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 6, 7, 6, 9, 4 Total: 34 (6-60)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:45 pm
Naohiko will initiate a grapple! "What is going on here?"

OOC: Agility/Jiujutsu 4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Dice: 2,6,7,6
Results: 19  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 6, 5, 7 Total: 24 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:26 pm
Well, no luck yet, but better to keep searching. "Say something if you find anything."

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 11
Target: Crane Wedding Fan  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:19 pm
"Aaaahnn, that sounds really interesting!" she lamented, giving a glance over her shoulder at Shoichi and a pouting face of regret knowing her own words would simply be thrown back at her. When she turned back around, however, her normal bright smile had returned. "Junichi~ We must meet again. I should like you to lead me to where you saw her. The Himura and Ikoma have a bit in common, you see. We are both artists, keepers of lore, and above all~ storytellers. And this sounds like it would be a fantastic addition to my story collection, even if it does not prove to be wholly true. In the meantime I'm afraid chasing after a spirit won't help me win this scavenger hunt. Guess I'll have to keep looking elsewhere. Again, please forgive the intrusion."

She gave a profound sigh, a bow, and turned to leave, before suddenly seeming to remember. "Oh. Right. Where can I find you again?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:44 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -5 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 5 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 2 items collected, 4 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 5 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 5 items collected
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 5 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 4 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 3 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 3 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 3 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 2 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You go to grapple the girl, but having to turn 180 then initiate such a technique sadly takes slightly more time than simply thrusting a pointy object into soft soft guts.

However, she was trembling too hard, she apparently wasn't going to stab you, and you initiate the grapple anyways without difficulty. You could easily peel her fingers from the hilt and take it away too, no roll needed.

"Ch-ch-chiyo," stammered, seeing past you to her sister, who returned the gaze. At that moment, the little girl would begin to cry. If you don't manually take the tanto away, she simply drops it and runs to her sister's side in the alleyway as soon as you release her, if you choose to do at all. She's far too malnourished to ever compete with actual trained jiujutsu rolls anyways. Though she does blatantly ignore your question!

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You are unable to find naught, but yet another free raise for your ever-growing collection!

"Well... I don't have any foundation on this, but marriages are a big thing here, so if you think a wedding fan is the way to go, I imagine we should look for places that have good views. I think most women would want their ceremony somewhere with a nice view," she would say, blushing ever-so-slightly at her own suggestion.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

When you do look over your shoulder, you do catch that half-second where a person suddenly switches to an 'acting natural' pose, hands crossed at his chest, his face turned as he whistles innocently.

"Scavenger hunt?" fat one would say, as each of them exchanged confused looks with one another.

"Well, I'm not sure why you would need a snow maiden spirit for a scavenger hunt, but, here. Kato! Draw the pretty girl the Yuki no Onna I saw! Maybe that will count." Junichi would turn his gaze across the table.

The quiet one, apparently 'Kato', would reach into his kimono and pull out a charcoal stick, long and slender and designed for detail art, twirling it skillfiully between his fingers blindingly fast. Though he would then pat himself with his free hand, and shrug up at Junichi. "..." he would explain.

"Miss, would you happen to have any paper on you? Or your... boyfriend, perhaps?" Junichi would ask, seemingly grasping at whatever connection Shoichi has with you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:04 pm
The Kraken would take the tanto from the woman's hands and then let her go as soon as he felt that he was not the focus of the woman's attentions. He would then place his daisho and the tanto in his obi.

"Follow me , please. I don't want to be in this alleyway any longer." With that, Naohiko would start out heading back towards the tea shop.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:55 pm
"My what now...?" she responded in abject confusion as she walked back to the window with keen interest in this sudden development. She quirked an eyebrow and pointed her thumb over her shoulder. "Him? Tengoku no! Hahaha, could you imagine? Nono, teams were assigned randomly. I've never seen him before arriving at court late yesterday. The colonies are a bit far away. Takes about a month of travel just to get here. But nevermind that! Of course I have paper!"

She pulled her pack off her back and sifted through it, coming up shortly with a simple piece of parchment. Not the quality such a clearly expert artist was likely used to, but it would do. She handed it over eagerly. "Thank you for your help. This goes a long way to my victory in today's event."  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 10, 3, 2 Total: 20 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:04 pm
"Good idea." And so, following the Sparrow's advice, he'd look for a good place with a view and room for a wedding.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 17
Target: Good location for a wedding.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:51 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -5 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 5 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 2 items collected, 5 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 5 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 3 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Apparently not respecting your au-tho-ri-taay, the two girls would be gone next time you turned around, down the same alternate exit of the alleyway the others had gone. Apparently knowing the magnitude of her crimes, the elder sister left the three zeni you gave her on the ground.

What do you do regarding this?

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Oh! My sincerest apologies, miss!" Junichi would quickly apologize, bowing as deeply as he could, sitting at a table and you leaning in from the window.

"..." Kato would respond in return for your thanks, before getting to work. Despite the fact that fat one and bald one were disbelievers, they would still watch Kato work intently. Junichi would begin to instruct him on the details.

"Hey, Himura Kaichiyo-san, I'm going to go for a walk while you do your thing, maybe make some headway on some other items on the list," Shoichi would say, jutting a thumb over his shoulder. "I'll be back in a few minutes, I promise."

Kaichiyo, do you let him? Or do you put your foot down and make him wait?

Regardless of your answer, you'll be getting a picture of a (supposedly) witnessed Yuki no Onna, in surprisingly good quality, in about 10-15 minutes' time.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Gendo, you and Kiyo make a pretty good attempt, and your roll almost made it to the TN 20; so you find a place either with a good view, or enough room, but not both qualities (your choice). As such, whichever place you do find is a bust, you do leave with a complementary coupon for 1 Free Raise!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:56 pm
The bushi sighed, picked up his three zeni and shook his head to clear it. Hopefully Ruri had gotten the damn tea by now. Atleast he didn't die on her. Naohiko didn't know if he could live that down. The kraken smirked to himself for a second. If Ruri was still inside the shop, he'd resume his previous position and wait for her. If not, he'd wave to her and ask if she had any luck with the teas.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:15 am
She shook her head and smiled, giving a dismissive "Mmn." to the apology and settled in to watch the process unfold, ever the art connoisseur no matter what form it took. At least until she was given reason to turn around and hold out a hand to stop the Spider.

"Wh- Daigotsu-san wait a moment, please. I don't know if it's such a good idea for us to separate right now. There are no more items. This is number seven. Once this is done we rush on to the castle and, kami willing, win! Walk if you wish, but may I please ask that you stay in sight so we can bound off as soon as Kato-san is finished? We don't know how far along any of the other teams are. This could very well turn out to be a dramatic race to the finish for all we know! Which admittedly would be pretty cool."  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 4, 10, 6 Total: 28 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:39 am
Gendo would just keep searching, not voicing the fact that they just can't seem to find a good place yet. He'd also look to get an idea on what time it is.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 10
Free Raise called for lower TN - 1
Target: Good wedding location.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:11 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 4 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 6 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni, -1 paper
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 2 items collected, 5 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 6 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 4 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri opens the door from the tea merchant's shop, smiling and waving before saying to him, "Thank you very much again for the samples! The snow geisha white tea was to die for!" She would look at Naohiko standing there (having returned mere seconds before), and smile to him.

"Here, see? I'm not a betting woman, but if I were, I'd be out a couple bu right now, since you managed to stay out of trouble. Here, I got the tea blends for the scavenger hunt right here," she would say, presenting them to Naohiko. "And a few things for myself."

Item get!

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would give you an enlightened look, responding with, "Ahh, I see. That's completely reasonable. This way, we-

He pauses, and looks thoughtful, then begins counting on his fingers, and replaying earlier events in his mind.

But the picture sketch is completed before he can figure it out. "Himura-sama, it's done," Junichi would announce to get your attention. When you return to the window, he would hold up the parchment you lent them, revealing a picture of a very fair and beautiful woman adorned in several warm layers of kimono, looking casually over her shoulder towards the viewer. Even though it was just a drawing, she did seem to have a 'chilled' wintery look about her. Despite the little amount of time elapsed, it looks incredibly high quality, like something done by a Colonial samurai artisan.

"..." Kato boasted as you examined his handiwork.

"Well, miss Himura-sama, I hope we were able to help you in your quest," fat one would say.

"It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Himura-sama," bald one would tell you politely.

Item get!

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You search high and low for a good wedding location, but such a location escapes you. Kiyo seems flustered by the fact that she cannot find one either. You are still awarded a free raise for your efforts, though it cancels out the one used, of course.

It is getting on towards the middle of the afternoon, you gauge. You aren't 100% certain, but you think there's less daylight here at this time of year than back in the colonies? Your gaijitsurizumu is a bit upset at this.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 pm
"Nothing worth getting into trouble over, I guess. Do you have any preferences over which thing we hunt over next or do you want to call it here?" Naohiko examined the shadows on the snow covered street. "We're only half way done and I'm gonna guess that several parties are heading back to the castle. How aggressively do you want to go after this?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:31 am
@ Naohiko:

Ruri would tilt her head. "That's rather pessimistic of you, Naohiko-san. You must be lots of fun at parties. We could be in the lead for all we know."

Sticking her tongue out briefly, she would then answer his other questions. "Well, after this mostly uneventful stop, I think I can safely say, whatever gets me more free samples. Did you have something in mind? And yes, I want to win. What kind of samurai doesn't value victory?"  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games