Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:29 pm
"Homeroom?" Penny repeated, now looking up from her phone to actually give Tristen her attention. "Basically it's a free period to do work from other classes in, get help from the teacher in general, a chance for the homeroom teacher to check in on all of us, get us to sign papers, stuff like that." The girl explained to Tristen. When the topic shifted to Scatterbug she shook her head. "Thanks but I'm good. I did actually get in touch with my partner and in fact they are part of our homeroom class." She answered Tristen then almost as if summoned... "Speak of the Paldean king..."

Walking into the room was a short young boy with pale blue eyes and shaggy green hair, he wore the standard academy uniform. Hanging off his back was some sort of bug net and in his arms a stack of books. He'd hastily make his way over to an empty desk in front of Penny but behind Nemona and dropped the books down on the desk with a thud, Nemona turning around to see what was the source of the noise, noticed the boy, and simply went back to her magazine. Guess he wasn't much of a trainer if Nemona didn't flip her lid.

"Hey, Camp." Penny said to the boy, giving him a little wave before he sat down.

"Oh, hey Penny. Sorry I didn't respond to your message yet, I've just been super busy with catching up on my work. Miss two days and it just piles up." Camp said with a sigh as he rested his bug net against his chair and then sat down. Upon sitting down he noticed Tristen and cocked his head to the side. "New kid?" He asked as he pointed and stared at Tristen.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:41 pm
SubonicXP
"Oh, hey Penny. Sorry I didn't respond to your message yet, I've just been super busy with catching up on my work. Miss two days and it just piles up." Camp said with a sigh as he rested his bug net against his chair and then sat down. Upon sitting down he noticed Tristen and cocked his head to the side. "New kid?" He asked as he pointed and stared at Tristen.

Wait, this was...Camp? Didn't Penny say yesterday evening that it was some sort of Giacomo guy that Fela said was never here? "Yea, new kid. Only been here about a couple of days now. Hi, I'm Tristen." he said. Did Mr. Jacq assign her a new partner between yesterday and today? Was this him? "And...you're...Camp?" he said, looking back at Penny for a split second before back at Camp.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 6:46 pm
Blizzard120

Wait, this was...Camp? Didn't Penny say yesterday evening that it was some sort of Giacomo guy that Fela said was never here? "Yea, new kid. Only been here about a couple of days now. Hi, I'm Tristen." he said. Did Mr. Jacq assign her a new partner between yesterday and today? Was this him? "And...you're...Camp?" he said, looking back at Penny for a split second before back at Camp.

"Yep, Camp's the name! Bug catchin' is my game! Please to meet you, Tristen!" He said, reaching out and snatching up the boy's hand, giving him a firm handshake. Penny would give Tristen a confused look as if to say 'what's wrong?'. "So where are you from, Tristen? How is the bug catchin' like back home?" He asked, stars in his eyes when discussing anything concerning bugs.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 7:06 pm
SubonicXP
"Yep, Camp's the name! Bug catchin' is my game! Please to meet you, Tristen!" He said, reaching out and snatching up the boy's hand, giving him a firm handshake. Penny would give Tristen a confused look as if to say 'what's wrong?'. "So where are you from, Tristen? How is the bug catchin' like back home?" He asked, stars in his eyes when discussing anything concerning bugs.

"Um...I guess that its going good. I'm not much of a bug catcher myself. I mean, I got a couple of them, one of them with me now, but eheheh..." he said. "I am from Jhoto, though, and Jhoto does have some bugs. Caterpie, Weedle, their evolutions, Ladyba, Heracross...and suddenly I realize we have a lot of bugs...huh." he said as he was counting them as he was starting to name them off only a realization to dawn on him. He started to realize it went beyond those as well. Pinsirs, Scythers, Scizors...it just kept going. He almost wondered why he didn't realize that sooner. Unfortunately, the question was begging to be asked, and he couldn't help but to. "Anyways, not trying to be rude, did Mr. Jacq get you Camp to partner with, Penny? I thought you had that Giacomo guy you mentioned yesterday."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 4:42 pm
Blizzard120

"Um...I guess that its going good. I'm not much of a bug catcher myself. I mean, I got a couple of them, one of them with me now, but eheheh..." he said. "I am from Jhoto, though, and Jhoto does have some bugs. Caterpie, Weedle, their evolutions, Ladyba, Heracross...and suddenly I realize we have a lot of bugs...huh." he said as he was counting them as he was starting to name them off only a realization to dawn on him. He started to realize it went beyond those as well. Pinsirs, Scythers, Scizors...it just kept going. He almost wondered why he didn't realize that sooner. Unfortunately, the question was begging to be asked, and he couldn't help but to. "Anyways, not trying to be rude, did Mr. Jacq get you Camp to partner with, Penny? I thought you had that Giacomo guy you mentioned yesterday."

Camp's eyes just got wider and seemed to sparkle even more as Tristen listed off a few Bug types he was familiar with, the bug catcher enamored with the thought of the bug species of other regions. He'd say nothing as he began to daydream about bugs.

Penny on the other hand continued to look at Tristen confused. "No? Camp was always my partner. Besides, that jerk Giacomo hasn't tended class for months." Penny huffed, almost offended at the idea of being paired with Giacomo. "Yep! I'm so excited to evolve a Scatterbug too!" Camp chimed in to confirm Penny's words. She did tell him yesterday she was paired with Giacomo, right? Tristen wasn't just imagining that...right?

Tristen wouldn't be able to dig further into this as Mr. Jacq entered the room and shut the door behind him, taking his place at the front of the class and behind his desk. "Good afternoon, class!" Jacq happily declared. "I bet we're all excited for the end of the day, huh? And you got the easiest class to wrap up your day! Homeroom with Mr. Jacq!" The man chuckled. "Well let's start off by taking attendance...Anna?" The man would begin to list off the names of the students who would then raise their hands and announce their presence. Once all that was done Mr. Jacq would move onto the next part.

"Well, I don't have anything important to convey to you guys so I guess you can all use this time to work on whatever you want! You can talk among yourselves if you need to work on a group project but I just ask you be quiet about it and respectful to everyone around you. If you need help with any personal work or have questions for me feel free to come up and ask. If you have nothing to do I suggest you read a book. I have plenty to pick from!" The man said, sitting down and relaxing as he gave permission for the class to spend homeroom time however they pleased. Guess it was up to Tristen what he did now.  
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 5:40 pm
Tristen couldn’t help but to stare in confusion; he knows for a fact that this Giacomo guy was supposed to be Penny’s partner. She made it a point to get in touch with him at some point last night…both he and Fela even talked about how Penny apparently needed to get better friends, which he assumed this Giacomo guy apparently was. “Uh…huh…” Tristen said. He wouldn’t get any further information on the matter; rather, he wouldn’t get the chance to. He perked up, seeing Mr. Jacq find his way into the class room.

It was typical for the most part; a roll call but with nothing to really pass on from Mr. Jacq, he just left the students to their own devices for the remaining hour. He wanted to start asking Penny about what the deal with her, but given that he’s the new student here and she is one of the people that he actually taking a liking to, he didn’t want to jeopardize what few friends he actually did get. Perhaps if nothing else, he could maybe give himself some time later this evening. He did have homework assignments to do today, after all. He would sit his pack up on his desk and start going through his materials, thinking as to what to do. The essay from Ms. Raifort was probably going to have to be done when he had time to himself. He still needed to do some research about the town in question. There was the math assignment by Ms. Tyme, though he was fairly confident he could do that pretty quick. If he still had time left in the homeroom period, perhaps he could work on that. That only left Mr. Salvatore’s assignment: explain how a Paldean and Kalosian whom only spoke their own native languages to communicate with each other without having to go out of the way to learn the language.

He'd take out his notes from Mr. Salvatore’s class, some blank paper and a pen and started to get to work. Tristen had to think. What did one have to do to communicate with someone with a different language. Tristen would start get to writing. First were the basic tools – speak simple and clear language. A few words do seem to be shared by other languages in some capacity. One would have to avoid some sort of jokes or jargon that might be only region relevant, and might in turn maybe insult someone from another region. Failing that, there were gestures, pictures, anything to supplement what little communication one had between each other. Respect and, more so, patience was needed. Interrupting or raising ones voice could make communication breakdown. Finally, the Pokémon. While it was true that one couldn’t understand a Pokémon outright unless they were hybrids, the constant thing is the bond between Pokémon and their partners. Pokémon do tend to understand their human or hybrid companions, let alone most other Pokémon. Having Pokémon to “translate” their trainer’s words also can aid in communications between others.

Tristen would be a bit involved in his essay, trying to make sure that his language for Mr. Salvatore was clear and concise in what he was trying to explain, making sure that he didn’t succumb to irony. In the middle of this essay, he started to realize that in Snagem he already was already learning those skills in some fashion or another. Some first hand, the hard way. Others because he followed the lead of others like Sub or Sol. He couldn’t help but to laugh at himself at that. He could continue on. By the time he finally felt he was done with his Language assignment, he then had a bit of a double take. He had two notebook pages filled out. Front and back. “…huh…is this too much?” Tristen could only ask himself. How much time did he take?  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 3:26 pm
Roughly thirty minutes had passed since Tristen started writing, a testament to how easy it was for the boy to just knock out assignments that would take hours for other students to make any progress on. That meant the period was almost half over so he still had time. What was everyone else doing?

Glancing around the room he'd find Nemona at the front of the class talking to the teacher, something about Egg Moves. Fela was dutifully working on assignments from other classes, even extra credit ones. Gloria had to recall her Lechonk and decided she was going to do nothing else but doodle in her notebook little Lechonk themed pieces of artwork, the girl obsessed with the species clearly. E and B were working together on an art project, some sort of drawing that looked...like they did it alright. Penny was pretending to read a textbook like Nemona before but was actually on her phone. And that new kid Camp? He did nothing, just stared out the window blankly.

As for Matteo he was a little more activate than prior, having actually picked out some of Mr. Jacq's books and seemed to be thumbing through them. The various titles involved things like Pokemon moves, Pokemon abilities, Pokemon Evolution, stuff like that. All of it in the context of Pokemon biology of course, not Pokemon battling per se. What was the sudden interest for Matteo?  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:14 pm
As Tristen finally found the clock to the room, he couldn’t help but to be a little astonished as to how fast he got done, despite the effort he had put into his assignment for Mr. Salvatore. He could have practically swore that as much as he put down on paper, he would have needed maybe the majority of the period just to do. But, apparently that wasn’t the case. As he moved his pack on his desk to stash his assignment and other Language materials up, he started to take notice to the room about it; how much it has changed over this past half hour. Nothing too crazy has been going on. Nemona was carrying a conversation with Mr. Jacq, but nothing too noteworthy with the other students. Penny minding her business, as did Gloria, B, and E. Matteo was probably the most standout now that he thought about it…he had all manner of books about him that he was seeming like he was thumbing through, which he found a little odd. Either he was that crazy bored or he was hellbent on beating at bare minimum the likes of Tristen in a Pokémon battle. Could honestly be both, Tristen thought. He still wasn’t going to bother Matteo; just going to leave him to simmer in his own right.

After stashing his Language book and his assignment from that class, he then went to take out the math book next, to take care of Ms. Tyme’s assignment: complete the assignment on pages 24 and 25, and if Tristen was feeling adventurous, take care of the extra credit on page 26. Tristen was going to make it a point to at least get that extra credit done. Just as he mentioned to Fela, with him being the new student in class, there is no telling how much ground he needed to catch up and no telling how much leeway was going to be given to him in the process. He was going to try to take care of all of it.

As he opened up his math book, he found the pages, and with new, fresh paper, started to get to work. It was fortunate for Tristen that he did know the material, generally, even before taking Ms. Tyme’s class. Freth didn’t neglect too much in other subjects as she was trying to homeschool Tristen in her own way back at the headquarters; in fact, math was one of his better subjects, second only to sciences. Though he had to admit it was good to get not just a refresher course, but a new look at the material. He felt Ms. Tyme did rather well explaining everything in this particular section.

One by one, Tristen started to knock the problems and various equations down, showing his work as he assumed Ms. Tyme would want. Freth was sort of the same way with him, so it was probably better safe than sorry. After all, he remembered the first days of him trying to learn math, just the mere mention of using the SNAG as a calculator got a deadpan look out of Freth. Tristen would have to admit also that because of which, showing the work was perhaps the most time-consuming part of it. In fact, as he continued on, going through problem after problem, he started to not be sure that he was going to get done with all of it by the time the final bell rings. Especially as he continued to go through the problems, they were getting gradually harder and longer to solve. He was going to do what he could all the same.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 5:27 pm
Before Tristen could finish up his work the bell would ring, the last thirty minutes passing by. The students would begin to immediately pack their bags as Mr. Jacq began to excuse them. "Okay class, that's it for the day! I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day! If you need any after class assistance my door will be open for another hour!" The man declared.

E and B were out the door quick, before anyone else as they bolted out. Nemona was out pretty quick too, a Pokeball in hand as she left the room. Gloria was quick to release her Lechonk now that class was over and almost skipped out the room to go spend time with her pig. Penny stumbled out the room with her nose in her phone, making up for lost phone time. Matteo he gave Tristen a look and a scoff before walking out casually.

"Hey Tristen, ready to get more training in?" Fela asked Tristen, approaching him immediately.  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 5:41 pm
Tristen would jump in his seat, a little startled from the last bell. Looking up at the nearby clock, apparently the last half-hour escaped him to the numbers and formulas that were in his math textbook. He looked down at his work. He got the majority of the main parts of it done, but there was still a bit more to finish. Then there was the extra credit as well that needed to be worked on. It was going to have to be done after training today. As he went to stash everything back in his pack, he took notice to everyone starting to leave. Matteo’s demeanor didn’t escape him either. It was enough to make him stop putting everything away if only for a few seconds. At this point, Tristen was committed. He had to do something to get Matteo off his case. It was probably going to affect a lot of things here, everything that he sought out to do, but it was bound to happen with the rumors going on full swing. He then looked up, seeing Fela walk on over. “Oh yea…” Tristen would quickly resume finishing to get all his materials back stashed in his pack then got up.

As he goes to follow Fela out of the room, he snapped his fingers, remembering something. “Hey, Fela? Can we stop by the front reception desk on the way out? I want to go ahead, find out the rules, and get signed up for the tournament before it gets too late. Not to mention, signing up now will maybe give me some time to figure out what Pokémon to bring into the tournament.”  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:17 pm
"Hm? Oh, sure." Fela said, having started to turn to walk out the room before Tristen spoke up about the tournament. "You know how to get back to the main lobby? Dumb question because we're going together anyways! Come on, let's go." Fela said as she exited Mr. Jacq's room, went out into the wall, and headed for the nearest elevator.

-----

Before long the pair would find themselves in the main lobby of the academy which also seemed to double as the school's library. Fela paid no mind to the plethora of books nor any of the main students coming to and fro and instead walked right up to the front desk. The receptionist greeted Fela and she responded in kind. "No I don't need anything but my new friend Tristen does, right Tristen?" She said to the man behind the desk.

"Oh? What can I do for our new student? I've heard so much about you young man!" The receptionist smiled.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:57 pm
Tristen would go along with Fela, all the way through to the reception desk at the front of the academy. Following Fela to the desk, he watched as Fela gave her greetings to the reception clerk then when the attention was on him, he rubbed the back of his head. “A lot of people apparently has…” he said, still trying to maintain some sense of levity. “Hi there…um, I ended up hearing that there is apparently a Pokémon tournament that is supposed to take place soon and I was wanting to see if it was possible if I could join in as well. If so, I also wanted to know the rules of the tournament too before I actually do sign up so I know what I am in for.” Tristen said to the clerk.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:06 pm
"Ah yes, the quarterly Student Tournament. The rules are simple. Only currently enrolled students of the academy, that are currently in good standing, may enter. The tournament is single elimination and the battles are in single battle format with each trainer allowed three Pokemon each. You may use any Pokemon you wish but legendary Pokemon are frowned upon, not that any students here have one of those." The receptionist laughed, finding the idea funny. If only he knew of Snagem's.

"Besides all that students of each house, Naranja and Uva, battle against each other until two students from each house remain then those two battle to determine who goes onto the final match. House students are encouraged to assist each other up until the semi-finals as the tournament victor earns points for their house. Thanks to Nemona however Naranja is well ahead of Uva." The receptionist shook his head. "The victor receives a Tera Orb, one of the few ways to obtain one here at the academy outside of graduation."

"So, if you'd like to join in all the please sign here." He said, sliding a clipboard across the desk towards Tristen, the sign-up sheet clipped to it and a pen resting on top.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:40 pm
SubonicXP
"So, if you'd like to join in all the please sign here." He said, sliding a clipboard across the desk towards Tristen, the sign-up sheet clipped to it and a pen resting on top.

Tristen listened rather attentively; though he ended up having to hold his tongue about the legendary restriction. While not impossible, especially for any of the students here at this academy, he just couldn’t help but to think on some of the Legendary Pokemon that we’re known to be around Snagem such as his adoptive father’s Articuno or the Regice that patrols around the outside of the headquarters. Also it was interesting to Tristen how they had it structured. Apparently, it was house versus house for the most part, and with him being in the Uva house, he needed to try to contribute in making sure that his house didn’t just outright go by the wayside so easily. Not to mention, if he had to take a guess, he was almost for certain going to take on Matteo at some point in this tournament. All the same, apart from the weird house rules, this seemed similar to how the Battle Dome back in Hoenn tend to work. Had to have three Pokémon that is supposed to carry a trainer through the entire tournament. Or was it? That could go either way with what he was thinking. He'd made a note to ask in a minute.

He went over to the clipboard and started to fill it out. He felt a little resignment as he started to fill it out – putting down his name, home room, and all other information that the sheet asked for and handed it back to the receptionist. “Thank you.” He said. "Um, just to make sure, you said three Pokemon. That's to mean you can only have three Pokemon through the entire tournament, right? Not just bring in six Pokemon and you can only use three of them in any given battle, right?" he asked, trying to make sure he understood correctly. Last thing he wanted to do was to look like a cheater in this school.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:41 am
"Thank you!" The receptionist said as he took back the clipboard from Tristen and handed it to the Psyduck next to him, the duck waddling off to go put it where it belonged. "Oh, yes, you may only use the same three Pokemon for the entire tournament. Now show up at the academy's central courtyard by nine in the morning on Saturday and be sure to bring the three Pokemon you'll be competing with along with their held items. I can't wait to see what you bring to the tournament!" The man said to Tristen.

With that done Fela thanked the man and began to walk away and out of the academy through the front door, talking to Tristen as they walked. "So, do you have an idea on which Pokemon you're going to use? I take it not...that one...right? You didn't seem too keen on it coming out yesterday." She asked, referring to Dragonite.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff