Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:14 pm
"Ahh, yes, I'm afraid. Considering, as you well know, northeastern Scotland is home to the quite mountainous regions of the Highlands, it is one of the most densely populated areas pogrebins inhabit. Not to worry, however, they generally steer clear of civilization, and only really work their devestating magic in large groups, which is why the one pogrebin here today wasn't enough to do me in," he said, laughing and clapping Severus on the shoulder. "

Severus released a breath he didn't know he was holding. He surely didn't think that he had to be worried about pogrebins around his home, and yet, he obviously had been.

"So have no fear, my boy. After all, you displayed quite a bit of pogrebin knowledge in class today, so I'm sure you'd be able to handle one if it happened across your path. Now, if you'll excuse me, there are other students waiting behind you, burning with questions. If you need any more information or would just like a chat, you're welcome in my office any time."

"Well, that is good to hear, then. And yes, so sorry to have bothered you with such a trivial question. I may take you up on that offer in the future," He replied cooly, as he was a bit put-out by the fact that it felt like he had just been brushed off. He turned on his heel and marched out of the classroom, a little worse for mood. He didn't really know why it should bother him, though. None of the other professors really seemed to think much of him.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:08 am
Lily shook her head, her mind still racing from watching the pogrebin eat the small horse.

She was glad she didn't live any where near a place where those things lived. They scared her, they were so strange. She started walking toward the common room, so she could change her DADA and Potions books for her next two classes.  

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Mistril

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:31 am
Narcissa had just finished writing down notes when she saw the pogrebin start to swell up. The room filled with a foul odor that seemed to be coming from it's open mouth. She looked at it with complete disgust. 'People actually find this interesting?' she thought to herself. Then when she heard Oakden dismiss them, she all but ran out of the classroom.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:42 am
Venatici watched the pogrebin swell up with fascination, and a little disgust when a foul smell reached him. He was writing down in his notes the size that the pogrbin had swelled to when he heard Oakden dismiss the class. He gathered his things and had just stepped out of the classroom when someone started talking to him.

"How was summer?" Gideon said.

"Summer was good. I went to Switzerland with the family. Other than that, though, it was uneventful." Venatici paused briefly before adding, "And how was yours?"

Mistril

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:48 am
Gilderoy had been discussing with Dempsy the upcoming Make-over project when he heard Professor Hobday call his name. "Yes Professor. Those pogrebins are truely very nasty creatures. I imagine they could destroy ones visage with ease." Although Gilderoy had paid the actual lesson very little attention, he made a special effort to know which magically creatures could damage his physical appearence or mental health, no matter how obscure. "Oh, about your tailor, Woodsworth you said, how do I get in contact with him? It would have to be though the muggle mailing system, correct?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:55 pm
"Quite good," replied Gideon. "Very relaxing. Exams wore me out last year, and it was nice to rest." He waved goodbye to Venatici as he exited.
Bloody hell, what are they- Gideon interrupted his thoughts as he saw that Snape and Oakden had stopped talking. He walked over to the professor just as Snape left the room.
"Hello professor, fascinating lesson. However, I was wondering if you could reccomend any books on pogrebins I might find in the library?" Flitwick had hinted Ravenclaw that early lessons would most likely come up in O.W.L. exams.  

ElDot

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:49 pm
Oakden chuckled as Gilderoy and Gideon spoke up at the same time. "Ah, one at a time, boys!" He said and addressed Gideon first, as his question was simpler. "I do believe there are quite a few books on pogrebins in the library. Probably the most helpful book would be Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander, though I'm sure Madame Pince knows of many more." He smiled and took a piece of paper, scrawling a note and his signature on it. "If you happen across one that is in the restricted section, here is permission to check it out. It's so good to see students eager to learn." Handing Gideon the piece of paper, he turned to Gilderoy.

"Ahh, see now you're in luck. It just so happens that he's well-acquainted with the normal means of communication, as our little village is populated by a few old wizarding families. It's quite convenient, as there'd be no other way for me to get beautifully tailoured suits during the school year if I had to use the muggle post. If you just owl him your measurements, he can pretty much stitch up anything you'd like. He's a genius, really." Oakden smiled, took out another piece of paper, wrote down the tailor's name and address and handed it to Gilderoy. "I've included his address, in case you're ever in the area and would like to visit his shop. He has quite a few wonderful ready-to-wear pieces hanging around, usually."  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:41 pm
"Thank you sir!" Gideon walked out of the room. The Scamander book he already knew of (a copy of it was in his dormitory), but the note would be helpful. He would probably be able to use that for other subjects as well. Perhaps he would go to the library before lunch...  

ElDot

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:50 pm
Feeling Sirius' hand on his thigh caused Remus' face to blush and his mind to go hazy as he tried his best to pay as close of attention to the lesson as possible. Defense Against the Dark Arts was, by far, his favorite class after Transfiguration and he knew that this lesson was going to be promising. Throughout the entire demonstration, Remus' eyes stayed focused on the teacher with the occasional drift to look at Sirius from the corner of his eye as he placed Remus placed his hand gently on top of his, hoping that James wouldn't spot or suspect anything.

As the Pogrebin showed its teeth and a terrible odor filled the room, Remus adverted his eyes and covered his nose, not liking this lesson as much as he had before. He knew that things in their fifth year would be much more dangerous and enigmatic than those previous, but this just seemed downright odd. When Oakden stupified the beast and changed the horse back, Remus eased in his chair and felt quite embarrassed being around Sirius after what he had just done. Surely Sirius would think him to be weak and then find someone better?

When the lesson ended and they were dismissed, Remus stayed seated until Sirius got up, for the hand on his thigh felt too good to move. His stomach was grumbling and he was starting to get a headache from hardly eating anything today other than the miserable muffin a few hours ago. Hopefully lunch would be next.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:05 pm
Sirius absent-mindedly let his fingers stroke the inside of Remus's thigh as he watched the pogrebin in awe. He'd heard of pogrebins before, but he hadn't known that they actually did possess some real terror. He looked over at Remus fleetingly, seeing him covering his nose and averting his eyes. He thought it was down right adorable that Remus could be so affected by the strange creature, and it was only with a considerable amount of willpower that he fought off the urge to comfort him. Finally realising that he was basically molesting Remus' thigh, he stilled his hand, a tinge of pink highlighting his cheeks.

As soon as Professor Hobday finished his lesson, Sirius gave Remus' thigh a gentle squeeze, his hand a little sweaty, and packed his things away. Standing up, he clapped James and Remus on the shoulder. "Let's go, mates. I'm starving!"

Freak Show Excess

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:19 pm
Bella made it to the Dinner Hall just as most everyone was sitting down. Dumbledore and the rest of the teachers milling around the teachers table, chatting, thought the food was already on the table. She sat down at the empty end of the table, cutting a thick slice of ham and making a sandwhich using the thick french bread on the table. She dished herself a good portion of salad and some mashed potatoes, and a pickle. An aquantince she met last year sat near her, making smalltalk, Bella was reasonably polite to the fourth year, having no reason to dislike her. Though, she'd forgotten the girls name. Thankfully, it didn't come up in the time it took the girl to spot someone else to go bother. Bella tucked her hair behind her ear, finnishing building her sanwhich she took a huge bite.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:39 pm
Severus' stomach was rumbling. Apparently, his sour mood had no effect on how hungry he was. He headed in the direction of the Great Hall, taking his time.

Once there, he sat down as far away from the other Slytherins as possible. He really didn't feel like holding conversations right then, especially with the thinly-veiled contempt that always seeped into his other classmates' voices whenever they spoke to him.

He ate quickly, as the food was unsatisfying to him. At least it filled him up. After he had had enough, he headed back towards the Slytherin common-room, hoping for a bit of a rest before Astronomy that night.

un de plus pamplemousse

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:03 am
"Thank you very much Professor! I shall be getting in contact with him shortly. I'll be sure to let him know it was you who recommended him to me." Gilderoy clapsed Professor Hobday's hand in a farewell shake then turned on his heel toward the doorway. Dempsy was already waiting for him, books in hand. "Let us journey to Great Hall for some food now Dempsy! I'm famished!" Gilderoy and Dempsy grabbed a quick bite for lunch then headed toward the Gardens for the midday fan club meeting.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:23 am
Aurora sat in her office, reading a book that detailed origins of Orion's Belt. It had already been dark outside for sometime now. The moon had risen and was stealing adequate light from the sun to shine brightly. A whistling sound drew her out of her chair and toward her tea kettle. "Nothing like a cup of tea middday." That was when she looked out the window and noticed the moon. "Crap!" she shouted while dropping her tea. She looked down at it sadly for a moment before spuring back into action. She couldn't believe she had forgotten about her class that evening. Aurora quickly gather her supplies and rushed toward the tower. hopefully with any luck, her students might be running late as well.  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Amour De Sheri

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:11 pm
James nodded eagerly in response to Sirius. "Yeah," he mumbled as he gathered his books, "Let's go..." He grumbled as he shouldered his bag to walk out of the class. Absently, he shifted his glasses.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games