Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Tianara just nodded. If he didn't take it seriously, well, she didn't think it was that big a deal. She just felt good about that particular style, that was all - like it was trustworthy. Maybe like it was better than it looked.

She didn't actually know anything about tanks, but it looked okay to her. And as previously mentioned, it felt good. As a girl who'd never learned to stop operating on instinct, that made it good enough for her.

But it had to be good enough for Joshua, and that made it more important, for some obscure reason that Tianara didn't care to think about.

Tianara blinked as she was addressed by the boy just as she finished thinking this. "Oh. Um." She focused on the tank, trying to remember the feeling she'd gotten when she first looked at it. "That one. In particular, I think. It feels...special. It'll be good for you."
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:28 pm

User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

Joshua nodded at her words. "Your word's good enough for me." He said with a shrug. The tank had everything he needed, so if Tianara felt there was something special about it, why take the risk and ignore it? More often than not - actually, he couldn't think of a 'not' - the merfolk were right in their instincts.

Lifting the heavy tank off the wall, he was glad they weighed less in water. "I'll take this one please." He told the store-owner with a smile. The man started to move to the back for a new copy of the model when Joshua shook his head. 'This one." He said, stressing that he wanted this particular one. The store-owner looked baffled, but shrugged. If the kid wanted to pay the same price for the floor model, who was he to argue? Joshua paid for the tank quickly, getting it loaded onto a wheeled carrier so he could drag it instead of carrying it.

Thanking the man, he led Tianara out of the store. "One more thing down." He said cheerfully, wheeling the tank behind him. "Next thing is......" He paused, trying to remember. "Newspapers. See if they have any news on the attacks, see what people are thinking of them."

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Tianara watched him buy the tank with a sense of satisfaction. Yes, that was definitely the one - she didn't even bother to question why. Outwardly, it was no different from any other tank. But Tianara was sure that that was the one to choose.

She followed him out the door, nodding consideringly at his plan. Then she frowned. "...Newspapers?" she asked timidly. "Are those those big grey flat things with all the writing on them? They're thin like the maps?"

Of course. How would she know what newspapers were? It was surprising she even had an educated guess.

Even more surprisingly, she continued after the briefest of hesitations, "I saw some of those. They were on a stand outside of the map shop. Should I have gotten some then?"

That explained the hesitancy. She thought she'd made a mistake. Maybe that Joshua would be annoyed with her - not that he'd ever been before, but who knew?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:59 pm

User Image

Joshua looked surprised as Tianara asked timidly. She knew what newspapers were? As she continued, he realized why she seemed so timid. The girl always seemed afraid that she was making a mistake. Rather than being annoyed, he laughed quietly. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. You pick up on things really quickly." He cast her an approving glance. "I'd forgotten about that particular news stand." He said, tilting his head to the side. "I was heading to town square. There's always a dozen different newspapers there. But that's out of our way. It'd be faster to grab the ones at Adrian's store. Good thinking." He quickly did a prompt u-turn.

"This'll save us some time and we can get back to Katalina faster." He seemed happy with that plan of action as he walked. When they made it back to where the store was, he headed to the newspaper stand, scanning the covers and picking up a few of them, ones that would seem most likely. He paid for them and was flipping through them when he heard a soft tinkling of a store door opening.

Adrian sauntered out of the store, hands on his pockets. "Hey. You guys are back fast. Hello again, Tianara. Hey, do you mind if I call you Tia? Tianara's a mouthful, though it's a rather unique name." Joshua barely glanced up from his readings, murmuring a hello to the other man. He was more interested in any news of the ocean children's attacks than whatever new game Adrian was playing.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:24 pm

Tianara felt warmed by the evident approval in Joshua's gaze, though she didn't question the why of it. She just felt good - the way she had about the tank. Maybe this was what friendship with humans felt like. Was it supposed to feel different from the way it was with merfolk?

Well, everything else was. Why not?

She turned with him, tugging idly at the jeans she had borrowed from him to keep them in place - they were a bit too big, and kept falling to her hips. Maybe she ought to ask him if there was a way she could make them fit better.

But that could wait.

"And that's everything we need?" she asked, looking over his shoulder at the newspaper he'd picked up. She couldn't think of anything else, but then, she had forgotten all about Joshua needing a new tank. She was going to be so bad at this human stuff, she thought miserably.

She looked up at Adrian's arrival. There was a momentary confusion in her eyes, and a soft blush rose in her face. She had to talk to Kiro about this - surely it wasn't normal for her to react like this every time the blonde man spoke to her. A smile appearing slowly, she said, "Tia is fine. My friends use it sometimes." Narcis and Sorry occasionally called her that, after all - normally only when they needed her attention right away, but it was used.

So it wasn't really a lie, and she didn't mind him calling her that. It was even sort of nice, she supposed.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:38 pm

User Image

Adrian's smile brightened as Tianara agreed to the nickname. "Great. Tia. It's got a pretty little ring to it." He said with an easy, flirtatious smile. "Much like you're a pretty little thing." The compliments slid from his tongue so easily. He'd said them so often for so long that they sounded natural, as if he didn't have to think about it. And he didn't. He just said whatever he thought would help him get his newest girl.

Joshua glanced up from his papers, hearing the smooth tones. "Oh lay off it." He muttered under his breath. "How obvious can you be?" That thought sparked another one, a scary one - Merfolk courtships were quite different, according to Katalina. Much more subtle. Joshua suddenly realized that Tianara was oblivious to Adrian's game and groaned softly to himself. He needed to warn her. He turned to her, intending to say they should get back, when he saw her pants slid down again slightly. He blushed and looked away, though the pants had only fallen to her hips. "We still need to get you some better fitting clothes." He reminded her softly.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:22 pm

Tianara blinked at Adrian in some surprise, before smiling a bit. Joshua had never said anything like that to her, but she supposed it must be normal among humans to say that sort of stuff - hadn't Joshua said that he was different from most people? "Thank you," she said, accepting the compliment in the spirit that she mistakenly thought it was meant. Joshua was right; Tianara was completely oblivious to Adrian's not-so-subtle moves. Courtship among the merfolk was subtle, structured, and most of all private - none of them would ever have dreamed of flirting with someone while said someone was with a friend.

And so Tianara didn't realize that Adrian was actually trying to get the reaction out of her that he was eliciting - she thought it was just kind of happening.

She turned her surprised dark blue eyes to Joshua when he spoke up again. "Oh," she murmured, glancing down at her - well, his - clothes. "I forgot about that. It doesn't matter, Joshua. We can do that later." She was confused by his blush, but said nothing. It wasn't something she was entirely comfortable asking about, particularly in front of Adrian. "S-- our friend is waiting for us."

Although she wouldn't have minded lingering, she knew intellectually that they had to get back to Sorry as soon as possible. This was important.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 pm

User Image

Joshua raised an eyebrow, then shrugged. "Well, alright then. Just remind me to find you a belt. You've got a narrower waist than I do." He made a mental note as he spoke. Otherwise, they might into an issue if she had to run from something. His mind shied away from what she would have to run from.

"Well, we'll see you later." He said, giving Adrian a small wave. The man was disappointed to see them go. He'd been getting a smile out of Tia and now Josh had to drag her off. He frowned slightly, then smiled at them. "Well alright. See you guys later." He gave a cheery wave and turned to head back into his store

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Tianara wondered if he was surprised by her decision. She didn't think he should be - after all, it was the same one he would have made. "Belt," she repeated. She'd have to ask him later what a belt was. "Okay." But she didn't think, again, that that was something to be asked in front of Adrian.

So she asked him mentally, deciding on the spur of the moment that she ought to at least know what she was reminding him of.

"Joshua, what's a belt?"

She smiled over at Adrian again. "Goodbye," she said, correctly interpreting See you later as another version of same. Once the blonde man was gone, she willed down the faint blush and started towards the town boundaries. It wasn't too far.

Now she had two people she definitely had to talk to once she went home.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 pm

User Image

Joshua blinked in surprise at hearing the mental voice. He hadn't been expecting that. It was still a surprise every time he heard her do that. He'd come to expect it from the merfolk, but Tianara was human. Shaking his head softly, he forced his mind back to the question at hand.

"Something to help hold up those pants so they stop falling down." He told her mentally, not wanting to answer such an odd question out loud while in town. That would only bring unwanted questions about the girl and her lack of knowledge. It wasn't long before they were on the path back through the forest. Once they were away from the town though, he grinned at the girl. "There. See? I told you that you'd do fine when we went into town." He seemed almost smug to have been proven right. He'd known she could do it. She was the only one who doubted it.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Tianara smiled at Joshua. "Oh," she replied, comfortable with speaking out loud now that they were close to the edge of the woods. "Okay." That made sense. But what did it look like? Was it like a clip? Did it magically shrink Joshua's pants? She hoped not - they were, after all, his, and she didn't know if this magical 'belt' could also loosen clothing.

She looked down a bit, blushing, when he mentioned her fitness for being in town. "I made mistakes," she countered. "Lots of them. Especially with Adrian." At his name, her blush darkened a bit, but she resolutely went on. "I didn't think up any stories fast enough, and you had to save me. And then I almost touched the...plasstick. When it was hot. It was dumb."

Not that she could have possibly known better, but she seemed determined to prove that she had been right and that she was unfit for the world she was expected to live in. If that meant judging herself far too critically, well, that was just how it was going to be.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm

User Image

Joshua rolled his eyes at her critique. He ignored the blush when she said Adrian's name. He could foresee it wasn't going to be a pretty conversation, when he got around to warning her. "It was your first time being asked those particular questions. Now you have a story for next time." He told her patiently. "That was nothing. As for the plastic, don't worry about that." He chuckled at the mention of it.

"Unless people have worked with it before, most people don't realize how hot the plastic gets in order to melt it. That's an honest mistake that any human could have made. I've made it before, actually." He said with a smile, trying to reassure her.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Tianara watched him out of the corner of her eye. She wished she had the courage to ask him questions about how she kept feeling whenever either of them happened to mention Adrian's name. But she had an idea that it would be indelicate at the least, and decidedly awkward no matter what.

So she let it go. She would ask Kiro. Kiro would know.

"Only if I can remember what they were," she replied, trying not to smile in return. "I don't think I really do - do you? And wouldn't it be worse to tell them a story that is different? Because you said people talk a lot about new people, and if the stories are different, we might be in trouble."

Now there was a black-and-white view of lying.

They had made it to the top of the cliff. Tianara stood near the edge of it, her hair blowing around wildly, and took a moment to look down into the water.

"It's so pretty from up here," she breathed, fascinated. "Look, Joshua."

((OOC: You should look at the first page of Abigail's Nine. biggrin ))
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:43 pm

User Image

((I wondered if he was going to become one of the nine.))

"I'll remind yo next time we go into town. I'll quiz you first, if you think it'll help." Joshua said with a laugh. He had to admit though, she did have a point about lying. "It's better than telling the truth in this case. I don't think many people would be understanding. They would think you're crazy."

He paused, watching Tianara on the cliff, her hair blowing in the wind. "Yeah. Beautiful." He murmured, then blushed. He hadn't been talking about the view, though now that he looked he could see it too was a rather nice view. He tried to hide his blush, looking down over the cliff.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:52 pm

((OOC: He was. I thought it was lame that we only had two. biggrin ))

Tianara turned and flashed him a smile. "That might actually be a good idea," she admitted, with a grin of her own. "Otherwise I'll never be able to keep it all right." She pushed away the hair that had flown into her face and turned, reluctantly, away from the cliff. They had to go.

"Do you have the maps?" she asked, walking back to the path and waiting for him to join her. "And the papers? What did we need the papers for, anyway?" She had forgotten to ask that earlier, and couldn't remember if he had told her or not.

She had missed his blush as well as his words, and was contentedly ignorant. Doing a little dance on the path while she waited for him to come back, she considered and rejected various ways to ask Kiro what had been happening to her while she'd been talking to Adrian back in town.

Her brother would be able to explain, and it didn't feel quite right to ask Joshua, as she'd thought before.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games