Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
~))Iris Academy((~ (Open/ Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skip the summer for the new year?
  Yup
  No!
  Maybe a day or two of summer?
  .....plot? [lol, what plot? You know, the spider guys... ]
View Results

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:52 pm
((I dunno. Nobody else is posting. I will be busy for the next couple as week as well. Keep this RP afloat wink ))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:04 pm
[ I'm finally back everybody! I missed you guys; had a bunch of stuff keeping me from the computer for the past few weeks, some you know of. I guess we should be finishing up today then? I just wanted to do a little bit of an introduction into Martel's lab, but truthfully I don't have much more to go on right now.

Oh, and one thing I needed to do... ]

Eternal_PrinceOfFire
Christopher smiled under his medical mask and patted the gator like Dr. Sullivan had patted Ali. He then looked down at Ali and held out a medical gloved hand for her to shake. "See you later Alligator." he said.

[ :3 ]

Martel smiled. "Great! Even if you weren't going all out the data will still be a huge help. Did I mention how hard it is to find healers to test these things out?" He shuffled some papers on the desk by the computer screen and locked them into a drawer. "Well, why don't I show you some more on the way to the food court?" The lab had an underground walking escalator [whatever you call 'em] like the ones at airports although more 'high tech' that led to a somewhat secret entrance to 209's lower levels. Nifty.  

Wolfyofthesky

Wolfyofthesky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:10 pm
Meanwhile Telemachus, with all manner of plates and bowls and silverware in his hands, snatched yet another dish out of the air before it could hit the ground. It felt as if Karley was doing it on purpose, but he really couldn't tell.

HAMBURGER WITH FRIES AND PICKLES BUT NO LETTUCE. HAMBURGER WITH- I wonder if he- HAMBURGER! HAMBURGER!- There goes another- PICKLE!

Jordan finally sat down -or rather, floated cross-legged in the air- with her milkshake sundae. "Hey Jared. You ever eaten one of these fast enough to get a brain freeze?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:50 pm
[ And now, mah friends, I proudly present another story from Zetao's 'Side Story Theater' -with some help this time around from Eternal-

Taking place during the Winter event, and so technically not what's happening now. enjoy!~ ]

GREYERS PARTY

Greyer straightened his tie in the mirror and smoothed back his hair. It fell back into place immediately, hanging slickly over an eye; but it had always been this way. No one had ever commented because he was too rich for them to care.

The doorbell rang and Greyer’s head turned to look at his bedroom door. Moments later he was standing at the railing of the stairs as his staff opened the door to those students who had decided to come. Whit was there, Greyer had known he was too proud to pass up the challenge.

Whit looked up as he passed off his coat to a woman in a neatly tailored uniform. He helped Avery out of hers as well and passed it along. He really didn’t appreciate how Greyer was staring at her. He didn’t like having to play this douche-bags game at Christmas. It’s not like he could have refused though. Avery had wanted to go; if she hadn’t Whit may never have chosen to entertain Greyer.

Avery lifted her hair away from her neck and looked around. Greyer’s chalet was what you would expect for a getaway home of the rich and famous. More of a contemporary touch than Whit’s family; but lovely in a classical way at the same time. She stepped forward and held out her hand as Greyer came down the stairs with his own out for hers. It seemed the thing to do, but she wasn’t used to the whole, kissing knuckles thing. She should ask Whit later if he’d been taught to do this as a child.

Whit fumed as he watched Greyer display what he thought of as ‘charm’ all over Avery’s hand. He stepped in and took a handshake for himself, so as to stop the molestation. Greyer’s handshake was weak as always. Though he’d never been a very physical person, Greyer’s attacks were always what the guy would consider ‘psychological’.

Greyer turned and acknowledged the rest of the crowd and led Avery and Whit into the open area serving as the party room. It had a glass wall of windows with silver garlands strung around, small hanging crystal stars and white twinkle lights were among the remainder of the decorations. There was a buffet table to one side, taking up the entire length of the room. It held every type of seasonal food imaginable, and the room in fact smelled of turkey and apple pie.

Now, to his plan.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” he began greeting the masses. “Welcome and thank you for coming to the Pierce Family Christmas Event, although your visit to the mountaintop may have been unexpected, your presence has certainly made the holiday here a busy and entertaining one. So please enjoy yourselves.”

Everyone clapped mildly, a movie started playing in the background, and quiet holiday music murmured out of a corner somewhere. A general chatty party mood began and purveyed throughout the scene.

Whit had lost Avery. He didn’t exactly know where or how, but one minute he’d turned to grab her a root beer, the next she was gone. He searched the entire downstairs of the party and even stopped Shige to ask if he could feel around for her.

After that avenue was somewhat bled dry, Whit stood still and let the party go on around him. He looked past the groups of chattering people and quietly moving employees to the stairs. Where Greyer was slowly descending; a smug smile on his face. He even had the gall to feign surprise when Whit came up to him.

“Hey Whitney my boy, enjoying the party?” you could tell he was holding himself back; he was practically bursting at the seams up on his perch on the stairs.

“A nice spread,” Whit said with a nod. He, unlike a certain someone, could maintain. “I do seem to have lost my friend though.” He waited a moment. “ Avery, you remember, redhead, odd eyes.” Whit climbed a stair to get level. ”She’s a very nice girl.” Whit left the I’d hate for anything to happen to her unsaid. The look on his face said it all.

”Shame letting a girl like that get away on you” Greyer said letting his gaze skip by Whit’s stony face and onto the crowd. This was more fun than he’d anticipated. If only Whit had always had such an easy string to tug. Ah, but what a string, a shame indeed she didn’t realize how valuable she was; and to a Price no less.

Avery was being pleasantly and harmlessly diverted in the personal library and resource room of the Pierce Family chalet. It was away from the general hub bub of the party, which was advantageous as she was checking her e-mail. Apparently something she should have done before the party, as she’d received an e-mail from her mom waxing poetic about her missing Christmas at home, and how she never stayed in contact enough. “Because it’s not as if I was sent off to a boarding school, or you know ever go home for the holidays. Avery thought, clicking the ‘Reply’ button to start a rebuttal, er…reply. She suspected it was because her mother had heard of her friendship with Whit. Her own family not being so poorly off as to be unaware of the name; sometimes her mother’s obsession with social standing disgusted her.

Whit was meanwhile wondering just how far Greyer was willing to take this game of his. According to the look on his face as far as he possibly could. Whit wished he could strangle the smile off the man’s twirpy face but settled for fixing his own tie. “So, I don’t suppose you’ve seen her upstairs at all have you?” he asked.

Greyer was enjoying himself immensely, the fact that Whit managed to stay so calm…. Was in appearance only he was sure. What he wouldn’t give to see him crack though. Finally. “No, guests aren’t supposed to wander up there, the staff are to re-direct them if they try. She must be around somewhere my friend. It’s not like she’s avoiding you.” Here Greyer couldn’t help but grin a bit, he loved the idea of making Whit think the girl he liked was keeping away from him on her own merit. Wouldn’t that be lovely?

Whit heard the unspoken challenge in heading upstairs. Little did Greyer know of his …edge. “I suppose I should go take another look around before I worry about her being lost out in the snow then. If I don’t see you again, Merry Christmas, and say Hello to your mom for me.” Whit said tearing his gaze away from Greyer’s and back to the swirling crowd at the party. He stepped back down into the crowd and immediately began searching for a corner out of sight of everyone else.

Alex stepped forward out of nowhere, seemingly aware of the conversation that had passed between Whit and Greyer. He folded his arms and looked directly at Whit.

Whit stopped and returned the look, but was confused as to why Alex was stopping him. He needed to find someplace more private and the sooner the better for his peace of mind.

Alex stood staring at Whit for another moment before moving a step closer so his voice would not carry to those nearby. “What is going on here? What exactly has your friend got planned? This doesn’t exactly seem kosher.” He flicked his hair out of his face in aggravation. ”Well?

Whit sighed at what he took as an interruption. “Nothing, Greyer’s just playing a little game, unfortunately, like all his games- he’s the only one who finds it fun. I just need to find a corner for a moment of..privacy Whit gave a pointed look to a servant happily chatting nearby. “To see if I can go find Avery upstairs, or wherever he’s stashed her.”

Alex looked thoughtful for a moment before turning his head and peering across the room as if remembering something. “Follow me” was all he said as he easily cleared a pathway through the crowd. He headed for a small quiet room, whose only light came from the fire and strings of white lights on the small tree. It was a charming place with snow falling gently outside the window and logs crackling. Which is why a couple of students had sought refuge there to just sit on the sofa and relax.

That didn’t last long. “UP” was all Alex said, followed only by a snap as a slightly dozing student hadn’t quite heard correctly upon wakening and was confused. Alex gave him a helping hand by picking up a handful of his collar and shoving him more quickly out the door. Which he promptly shut.

Fixing his own suit jacket, shooting his cuffs and straightening his tie Alex turned to Whit. “Although this is not school property and Greyer Pierce is not a student at Iris, he is purposefully, and unlawfully detaining a student; and as such is a party to any repercussions which may befall said student.” Alex took a moment to run a finger under his collar, as if it hurt him to say the next part ”and as all students are my responsibility, I have a duty to assist you….. Unfortunately …….this is a holiday and due to the presence of many, …shall we say…unaware party participants? My prefect duties do not apply here to their full extent. Thus I delegate them to you, as your abilities will allow you to perform any such duties covertly and without suspicion. I’ll clear this room again at midnight should you need it, if not simply find me and say so, if you need it earlier, I suggest you find a way to tell me. For the moment I think you had better get to work.” having said his piece Alex stepped outside and shut the door once more.

Whit was almost stunned into silence as the door closed and left him in the dark away from the party lights and noise. He’d have to find some kind of way to thank Alex after this. As horribly awkward as that would be. Shrugging it off, he got to work. Closing his eyes, Whit took a deep breath and felt the tingle spread from his elbows to his hands and down his waist to his knees, all the way to his toes. He felt strong tonight, and fast, - it felt as if it had hardly taken any time at all.

Walking to the door, he knocked quietly and slipped out as Alex opened it from the other side. Of all the possible allies he might have expected, this was an odd pairing for sure. Whit didn’t take much time to study the boy though, as he had to focus on not bumping into anyone and giving himself away. He made it, narrowly to the bottom of the stairs without incident. He peered up them to where Greyer still lounged like some crazy version of a Persian cat. He remembered though that the stairs didn’t squeak and made his way quietly up and past the unknowing boy.

Avery clicked ‘send’ and folded her arms. That e-mail had taken a downward spiral about halfway through, and having realized it she deleted it all and started again. She didn’t want anyone to have a bad holiday, even if it would have been a little bit of karmic justice. She closed the internet window, and stretched in her chair, fixing the dress she wore by tugging down the skirt. It was her new favorite even if it did have a tie in the back that made it hard to sit in a hard backed chair; mainly because it was soft and easy to be in. She turned as the door opened and Whit came in. Not that she could see him. Confusion as to why he would be invisible in someone else’s house and at a party with…”normal” people spurred her to get out of her chair to ask him. She hadn’t said a word yet though when he suddenly reappeared.

”Aves!” he said and pulled her in by the waist.

Avery didn’t get the greeting but decided to just go with it. “Whit” she answered him slowly. He seemed exceptionally glad to see her. Which meant something must be pretty wrong.

“Hey Aves” he said again and knocked his forehead against his. ”You’re missing the party you know.” he said quietly and went from forehead to a full on hug.

Avery again just went with it and hugged Whit back. “There’s still more party left I’m sure.” she said wrapping her arms around his head. He seemed worried so a hug was definitely in order. “Greyer just brought me up here because he caught me checking my watch and thought maybe I’d be ‘better entertained online for awhile’” she put air quotes around the words though she knew Whit couldn’t really see them. It wasn’t even that odd, being this close to Whit and holding a conversation.

Whit pulled back and took one of Avery’s hands as he led her back towards the door. “Oh is that all?” he asked and almost laughed. Instead he just shook his head and opened the door wide. “To think he’d almost led me to believe you’d gotten lost.”

Avery kind of understood now, and followed Whit to the stairs. Where Greyer seemed absolutely shocked to see them. Not that you’d be able to tell without super powers that analyzed a person’s feelings. But hey, you use what you’ve got. She tossed him a little wave as Whit just walked by him without a word. Maybe it had to do with the whole invisible thing?....more than likely… Avery assumed and just kept walking.

Greyer could only grind his teeth. A move his mother admonished sternly. They hadn’t paid all that money for braces to let him screw it up after all. HOW could he have gotten upstairs? How did he ALWAYS find a way!? Greyer felt as if smoke should be erupting from his ears. There was no possible way besides flying up to a second story window Whit could have managed to get by! With his nostrils flaring Greyer made it to the bottom of the stairs to where he could compose himself in the crush of the crowd. He smoothed down an eyebrow and looked up as Whit apparently nodded at a friend in the room. Some sort of unhappy looking enforcer type.
’Friends or no’ Greyer thought. This isn’t over yet.’

Avery managed to break free of Whit’s death grasp on her wrist when they got to the food table. She cocked an eyebrow at him as he lifted a glass in, oddly surprising, Alex’s direction. Sighing she shook her head in acceptance and turned to pick out a snack.

Whit felt like grinning, but he figured it might be a tad too much of a rub in Greyer’s face to see the absolute win reflected. At least he could relax now. Greyer was never one for a spontaneous come back. Once his initial master plan failed he lacked what some might describe as ‘creativity’ to adapt and power through. It was usually boring afterward, the dude got to sulking. Which is why he wouldn’t rub it in too badly. It’d suck the fun right out from his party.

The night progressed. There wasn’t any apparent scheming from Greyer and everyone was enjoying themselves. A movie – a yet to be released preview of the latest Marvel remake- began playing on a wall Vis a Vis a ceiling mounted projector. Whit had somehow lost Avery again. Though he wasn’t as worried as he had been the first time around. It was true she was safe and having a quick bathroom break to fix her hair, which never stayed the way she wanted it. Greyer meanwhile, had taken a sudden personality turn around and capitalized on it.
Not only had he thought of a backup plan.
He was prepared to use it.

Avery finished sticking in hair clip and turned her head from side to side to see if she’d missed any stray locks of hair. She’d known her French braid wouldn’t last the night, so she’d reverted to her old standby down - but sort of up - thanks to hair clips. It was hard to see, using only the night light and the reflection off the wall from the movie playing down the short hallway, but she seemed to have done an okay job. She was starting to feel tired though; which is why she never saw it coming.

Greyer couldn’t believe he’d done it! Had he? Really? It was all so vague. It seemed so awful that when he’d actually done it he’d sort of just… blacked out. He grasped his hands and rubbed the cold from them. It shouldn’t be too much longer before anyone noticed. The movie was starting now, and everyone was taking their seats. Even now he could see Whit looking around in confusion, it was marvelous! But he should be careful not to look to smug; or too guilty.

Whit was looking around. He saw Shige and Jordan, and Alex followed by Maria, who had somehow found her seat in her ‘post swab’ haze. Chris and Spencer were holding snacks and looking around for aisle seats. Aves was missing, as usual, and she’d thought it prudent to get him a bell.

He flicked a finger against the small jingle bell around his neck, tucked under the collar of his dress shirt. Even still it made a muted metallic noise. The lights dimmed and caused him to come out of his reverie. He even saw Treya slip into her seat, and knowing she was usually dead last to enter a crowd, he started to worry. He took one last scan of the crowd, and met Alex’s eyes. The other young man just stared for a moment, before nodding and leaving the room.

Whit searched for Greyer. Who conveniently was nowhere to be found. He started to wish his powers were actually useful for something other than being a pain in the a** to other people. He ended up following Alex out of the room.
He found him coming back down the stairs, apparently having made a quick search of the rooms upstairs. He shook his head ‘no’ to the unasked question. Because, obviously if he’d found Avery she’d be with him.

Whit ran a hand through his hair and blew out a breath, he and Alex each took a side of the house and searched the remaining rooms, with no Avery to be found. When they reunited silently in the foyer they both looked towards the gently falling snow outside the window. What had seemed so festive a short time before was now eerily ominous.

Whit got his coat on as Alex did the same, the other boy grabbing Avery’s, which was still hanging from its hanger. They went out into the snow, the weather colder than when they’d arrived, now that the sun was down.

Whit pulled his scarf tighter to his face as the wind blew cold across it. He looked at Alex and they each picked a direction. Circling the house.

Greyer watched as Whit passed by the window. His shadow didn’t show over the powerful projectors light onto the wall. So he passed by unnoticed behind his classmates. One boy turned briefly, just after Whit had passed out of sight, but seeing nothing he slung an arm around the seat of the girl next to him and got back to watching the movie.

“Over here” Alex called waving Whit over as he came around the corner of the house. He squatted down next to the snow by the back door. A handprint clearly visible next to a large indent in the snow.

Whit looked at the boy then straight out from the prints. They led into the woods, for a short time, behind which was a small cliff face that backed his own property. What better revenge than having a friend injured due to his family’s negligence. He was sure that would be the spin. He was hoping the spin would be injured, not dead. Though, that reference only applied to Avery. Whether or not Greyer would live to see another Christmas was in serious doubt. There were two main pathways into the woods. Alex took one, and Whit the other, the snow had covered any tracks recently made, so there was no telling.

Avery woke, cold and tired. She didn’t want to wake up. She was comfortable. But cold, cold had always made her get up. And her face was freezing. Her fingers felt like they were asleep, and the wind was blowing her hair against her cheek so that it hurt. But why would the wind be blowing? Was she outside? When had that happened?

Avery fought to blink her eyes open a little wider. Even though they felt so much better closed. But she shouldn’t fall asleep in the snow - that meant death. She knew that. She was just being slow, because of the cold. Cold slowed reactions, she knew that too.

She brought her hand up out of the snow, and though it took a long time, it managed to come closer to her body. She tucked it beneath her chest and pushed up so she could find her other hand. It was already under her, and sort of damp from the snow that had melted, trapped under her torso. She sat, braced on her one hand, and felt her face.

It felt raw. Her fingers warm in comparison to the windblown skin. She was hurt, she could feel it, but the worst was the cold. It was all over now. Now that she was waking up. Her legs felt like blocks of ice, and about as heavy, her wool tights were ripped in one spot. From a branch. She remembered. When someone had carried her. She was sitting not too far from a tree line; she must have come from there.

She looked all around, the snow and wind blowing her hair in her face again. She couldn’t see any lights, or feel any people. Her powers were so weak; she doubted she’d be able to now any way. She should stand though, she should move, or she would freeze, and that’s wouldn’t be good at all. She’d ruin everyone’s holiday that way.

She brought her hands beside her hips and tried to get her knees under her. Her knees were cold. She couldn’t ever remember having had that happen before. She could have giggled, if she had the strength to spare. What a thought. Avery pushed and managed to get a foot on the ground, her party shoe little protection against the inches of snow. She stood, and managed to get her breath, pausing for a moment as she felt dizzy. She felt her head, and noticed the bump on it for the first time. She didn’t even feel it, at least the cold was good for something.
She turned and headed for the nearest tree. Leaning against it as she got there. Maybe what she’d learned from the green book, could help her. The trees, could…could…not really do anything. She remembered she should build a shelter, and wait until someone found her. But she was so tired. Maybe everyone was just on the other side of these trees. If they weren’t she’d stop and build one then. Probably. If she made it there.

She fell from one tree to the next, her long sleeved dress protecting her frozen skin from the scratches the small branches would have left. Though it was useless against the cold. She couldn’t even see her breath, and her goose bumps had long since faded. She didn’t realize it but her skin was tinged blue, and her finger tips were blanched white on the one hand. Her mouth was almost purple, and her eyelashes had snow on them that wouldn’t melt.

She grasped at a small tree in front of her, and nearly slipped down an embankment just on its other side. She breathed quickly as she pulled hard on the sapling and fought to regain her balance and stay upright. She clung to the thin trunk with both hands as she stabilized, and looked up to see where she was.
The ditch in front of her was deep enough to have hurt her if she fell. But the soul crushing news was the view on the other side.

Nothing but trees, acres and acres. No lights, no snow strewn pathways or ski trails. Nothing.

She’d been going the wrong way. Disgusted she shoved away from the tree and back the way she’d come. She would have cried if she had the tears or the energy or the breath; but even breathing hurt now. A sharp icy pain down in her side stabbed at her with every breath.

She fought and made her way back the way she’d come, or she tried to. She came across a foot print of her own now and again. Sometimes they seemed so black she wondered if she hadn’t left a shoe in one of them. But she checked and they were both still there. It seemed to take twice the effort her original journey had taken. But at last she returned to the spot where she had entered. The wide open space that looked like a field.

But all that she could see was another cliff; this one going up the rock gray and sharp. The other option was more woods, starting on the other side of the space. Both options sucked. She leant with her bottom against a tree. The cold she couldn’t even feel anymore. She could barely catch her breath, maybe a small break wasn’t such a bad idea. Maybe she could even find a walking stick. She used her eyes, and moved as little as possible; several root like things stuck out from the snow. They looked firmly entrenched and immovable in general. She again pondered the possibility of making a shelter and as she’d apparently fallen to her knees without realizing, decided this was a good idea.

She started scooping snow towards her using the tree behind her back as a part of her base wall. She tamped snow, and tested the roots and sticks around her. She ended up pulling two very good evergreen branches up and out of the snow. She leant them on the side with the wind and started packing snow up against them to make it windproof.

Whit stopped as he came to the edge of the woods. They ended abruptly at the cliff face, as he’d known they would. He’d spent so much time looking for Avery all throughout the woods, hoping she hadn’t gotten this far. But it was clear, unless Alex had found her, and apparently he hadn’t as his phone remained silent, he’d need to get down into the clearing below. He detoured to the left where a gentler slope could be found and almost fell anyways getting to the bottom. He stood in his landing position, leant over like a surfer riding the wave. Straightening, he looked around, and as his house was eventually to the left, and nothing marred the deep snow in that direction, he decided to go to the right.
He looked at the ground around him, and saw odd dips that could have once been footprints. Though they only went so far. He called for her, as loudly as he could despite the wind, but he heard nothing but the howl of a gust as it pushed through the trees. He walked farther, following the hope that he could find anything in the snow, but only made it to the line of trees.

Pulling out his phone for light, he went in. Though he knew too what he would find here. He walked quickly eventually coming to the view of the lower mountains he had expected to find. He looked down the small ravine in front of him, to the left and the right. But no Avery was in sight. He turned back too quickly, and slipped stumbling against a tree. He dropped his phone, the small screen lighting up as it fell down a small depression in the snow.

He reached down to pick it up, hoping it hadn’t landed in slush. But the hole was just a hole. He hauled out his phone, but froze, once he saw on the root of a tree in the light, the imprint of the sole of a shoe, in the snow. He looked all around, and saw several depressions, in something of a line, heading back from the ravine towards the clearing. The footsteps were protected from the snow from the covering the trees gave. Now he quickly followed them, noting the tree here, had no snow on this branch, and the tree in front of it had a hand print there on the trunk in the frost. He followed them all the way back to the clearing he’d come from. Where there was nothing but a field of fresh fallen snow. Not even his own footsteps showing.

He let his head fall back against the tree he’d walked out beside. She wasn’t there. She wasn’t anywhere. He didn’t know what to do. Other than kill Greyer Pierce. But he couldn’t even think of that yet, not even the all consuming anger that came from what had been done to Avery could fight its way through to the despair he felt from not being able to find her! He should have been more careful! Greyer was crazy in his stupid family vendetta, and after what he’d tried earlier, he should have just shown Greyer what he wanted to see. He could have let him have his stupid victory and Avery would be fine now.

For all he knew she was lying freezing to death in the snow somewhere, and he was out here, in the middle of the mountain unable to do d**k all. He slid down the trunk and let his head fall into his hand. He’d call Tomas. In a minute, he just needed to figure out what to say.

He let his hand fall down as he looked up into the sky. He took a deep breath and realized the cold hand given him the sniffles. Whit reached for his handkerchief and grabbing it between two fingers managed to get it out of his suit jacket pocket from underneath his coat. It was caught in the wind though, and blew out of his grasp immediately. It shot quickly over to a tree branch positioned oddly against a tree and was plastered there by the wind.

Whit pushed himself up and walked the short distance to get it. He kicked the branch though, his party shoes having done a poor job at keeping his toes warm, he didn’t realize their placement.

Lucky thing.

The branches fell away to revealed a curled up Avery, who twitched as the cold wind hit her full force again. Her arms were across her chest and her fingers tucked into her armpits.

Whit could barely breathe, maybe he was passed out in the snow and hallucinating all this. He hoped so, because Avery didn’t look good. Her eyes were closed and she didn’t move. He reached out to touch her, and she felt cold and stiff. He pulled off his jacket to cover her as he realized he would have passed her before. He’d walked by her without even knowing.

He picked her up and wrapped her in his coat. Avery?” he called looking down at her. “Aves!?” When she didn’t answer he realized how badly she needed to get out of the cold. He settled her in his arms and sat on the ground to rip off his hate and gloves to struggle them over her frozen fingers and hair.
He grabbed his phone in one hand texting Alex and Tomas in one go, he headed straight for the Chateau. In the woods on the other side of the clearing, with a little looking, there would be the path. He found it and would have run it if he could.

As he went he would shake Avery now and again, talk to her about anything he could think of. The snow, how she never seemed to have mittens when she needed them, how he’d never help anyone in math again unless she was there to shame him into it. He gasped out a breath when he saw the glimmer of the back porch light. He ran across the trampled snow in the backyard. Setting Avery on her feet to open the door he spun her inside and slammed it shut fast, as if it would help to keep out every iota of cold he possibly could.

Avery felt it when her shelter fell to pieces, though she was far from being able to do anything about it. She would be dead soon anyway. She thought she was dreaming when she’d heard Whit. Then she’d felt him, the warm hand on her shoulder. It had almost burned. Then she’d felt so much warmer as they'd started moving, and he kept saying silly things, like how she needed mittens and something about math. She faded in and out, but wanting to listen to him kept her awake enough. She would have laughed at him if she could move her face, or breathe deeply enough.

When she got inside she could feel the warm air press against her skin. The door slammed and Whit was carrying her again. Upstairs, she didn’t know where.

Whit didn’t know why he’d stopped to take off her shoes. The small suede Chinese slippers were caked in snow, …maybe it had been too much of a habit, but this was no time to be thinking this way. He carried Avery up stairs and debated going between her room and his, figuring his room he at least knew where everything was, he prayed to god Tomas could find Ms. Powers. Avery would need help in a big way soon, or things were going to go very badly.

He put Avery on his bed and paused for a moment. He knew what he had to do but, he wondered how much Avery would kick his butt about all this later. Throwing his hands up in the air he decided to just deal with it then and got to pulling off her tights and slipping off her dress.

She made a noise at that. He thanked god she could make noises. He wrapped her in his fleece blanket from the foot of his bed and hugged her close as he checked his phone.

It was beeping, with directions from Tomas. He and Ms. Powers were on the way. They were bringing the only other Green healing Ira kid with them. Everything would be fine, now, he was sure. Even though Avery felt like a popsicle, and she was starting to moan in pain, he was sure it would all work out.

TWO DAYS LATER

Avery woke up and again was surprised at being in Whit’s room. She figured she’d be used to it by now. She’d been there ever since Whit had found her the night of Greyer’s party. The student who had helped her had only been low level enough to save her fingers and toes and bring her body temperature up a little. The rest had to be done the old fashioned way.

She still couldn’t say who had done this to her. Ms. Powers had asked and asked. The only answer Avery could give was that she’d know them when she saw them. She looked up as the door opened a crack and a certain someone peeked around the corner.

It was Whit again. Coming to play video games. Something which was only now becoming less painful for her fingers. She knew he used it as an excuse to sit up in bed with her, but as half the field trip had been given ‘Avery duty’ by now she’d grown used to the constant company.

Besides, Whit never let her just win because she was sick. She giggled as he jumped and landed full face beside her, she hoped her hair looked okay at least.

“Hey Aves?” Whit said/asked propping his head up on his arms.

“Yes Whit?” She answered questioningly.

“Well, I realize this is somewhat late and holds incredibly less of an… impact-let’s say- than I had originally planned, but, I feel in attempting to keep this one little thing hidden I’ve actually grown you know – Ira wise- and –“
Whit. Avery stopped him. “Get to the point.” she said patting his head with one hand and holding up the controller in the other.

Whit just dropped his head and sighed. “M’kay Aves, close your eyes.” Whit said sitting up closer so he was on his knees. She did so, and sat with her head tilted to one side expectantly. She’d seen the clenched hand and wondered if he’d gotten her a present.

Whit just lifted his hand above her head and finally let the little twig reappear.

”Kay, now look up” Whit said and leaned in to plant one on her - just as she realized it was mistletoe.

”Now we can play.” he said and dropping the sprig in her empty hand reached across her to take the controller from her limp fingers.

THE DAY AFTER THAT

The school group was gearing up to head back to school the next day. Avery was allowed up out of bed for short periods of time, with appropriate supervision and accompaniment which Whit took to mean, his presence. Whenever he wasn’t around Avery he could be seen chatting with friends, staring up at the cliff behind the house, or oddly enough in conference with Alex of all people.

Then quietly that afternoon, they left the house together. No one noticed them leave. Except for Avery who saw them go into the woods behind the house from Whit’s bedroom window.

Alex crept up to the back door of the Pierce family chalet and with a gloved palm against the doorknob used his manipulation powers to easily knock the tumblers into place. The door unlocked with a quiet ’click and he stepped inside followed closely by Whit, who had made sure everyone else had left. The staff had gone home, having packed up the majority of the house. Only Greyer was left. Waiting for his helo ride appointment back down the mountain.

The two snuck up the stairs better than any commando team in any movie had done it. Of course it helped that Whit had them both cloaked in invisibility.
They made it to the top of the stairs, and Alex led them down the hall to Greyer’s room; where the sound of a TV could be heard faintly through the door. The two reappeared, and with a quick nod at each other, Alex ripped open the door quickly and before Greyer had time to get out of bed in outrage or confusion. Whit stepped through and Alex pulled it shut behind him. He stood guard out in the hallway. Figuring it was better to be safe than sorry, as much as he’d like to give Whit a hand.

Whit locked the door behind him, making sure the click was audible.

Outside Alex just smirked.

”I realize” Whit began taking a slow step towards Greyer, both blocking off the doorway and getting closer. ”That your petty attempts to hurt me in the past, have all been innocent enough; a little industrial espionage, personal sabotage, and general hell raising are perfectly fine Whit said, pulling out a folded pocket knife from his pants pocket, and beginning to toss it from hand to hand. ”Hell,” Whit shrugged jovially. “Some would testify I’m even guilty of a few of the same things. But I, however,” Whit caught the pocket knife and held it in one hand as he gestured at Greyer “Have the comfort of knowing that even though I have sunk to the same level as several of our immature, spoiled, egotistical and annoying counter parts, I have never attempted to physically hurt someone. Let alone kill someone. Whit took a step closer. ”That’s where some who know the both of us might say we differ. We have different...ethics. Whit twirled his hand. "Though… as of today.” Whit flicked the knife open. “What they say - would be wrong.”

Greyer gulped. “What do you want?” he asked, knowing full well he was cornered. He’d never thought Whit would snap, the guy was usually unshakable, what the hell was he thinking? Brining a knife?. Greyer backed up a step as Whit got closer.

Whit grinned and his eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Want!?... WANT?!, I don’t want anything from you. What I want, is for what happened to Avery to never to have gone on, what I want is a little humility and care for the common man, after all it is the season. Right?”

Greyer just nodded as Whit had him pressed up against the window sill. He was afraid to breathe too noticeably. He wasn’t going to say anything, he knew what his father got like, Whit seemed the same, he wouldn’t want to hear any excuses about how it obviously hadn’t been that bad, as the girl had come out just fine, not even any frostbite or….he stopped thinking as Whit used the knife and some pressure against his clavicle to make him go to his knees. He felt like peeing himself, his breathing was practically nonexistent and he couldn’t remember or reason through the many facts he knew about that would prevent Whit from killing him.

Whit tilted his head and looked down on Greyer. “Scared?” he asked knowing full well the other boy was terrified. “See, I just don’t get this, I don’t particularly like this feeling. But what I have even more trouble understanding is how you could enjoy toting some innocent unconscious girl out into the mountains and leaving her there in the snow. How sick is that? How did you even manage to get close enough? I already know you hit her over the head, Do you know what you could have done?

Greyer gaped like a fish out of water. He had a knife pressed to his throat and no place to go. He couldn’t even figure out what Whit wanted. He just wanted to be anywhere else but here. “Listen” he said, trying to be diplomatic and failing hard. He licked his lips, which were dryer than the Sahara and tried to swallow, which didn’t work at all. “I never hit her that hard, I mean I don’t even really remember I was just so mad, and I …I’m sorry! I, I don’t know what you want! I’ll do what you want just tell me!” Greyer tried to back up farther and felt his head meet the edge of the window sill.

“Tell you? Do I really need to tell you?” Whit asked pulling back the knife so Greyer could see the blade.

“NnNNn-Oh, just p-please don’t.” Greyer begged. ”P-put that away please!”

“Put what away?” Whit asked. Feigning confusion. He tilted his head and dropped his eyebrows. ”Ohhhhh! The knife?” he said holding it up and giving Greyer a bit of breathing space.

Greyer just nodded. Emphatically.

”What knife?” Whit asked, as the blade just disappeared from his hands.

Greyer shook his head in denial. No way, No way!, He was seeing this, this was real. That hadn’t been any sleight of hand, the knife had just vanished! There was no way that could happen. He was about to say something when Whit looked at him and pointed a finger.

“Remember this little chat now” he said and cocked an eyebrow. Then he too faded out of sight as Greyer stood up in amazement.

Greyer managed to make it to his bed and stare unblinkingly at the spot where Whit had been. He didn’t even notice the bedroom door unlocking and opening. Mainly because Alex’s manipulation powers made the changes soundless. He was left there cowering on his bed, as Whit and Alex silently made their way out of the house, being careful to lock the doors on the way out.

Together the two made their way back to Whit’s chalet and there, their relationship ended as silently as it had begun.

LATER THAT EVENING

Avery checked her mail and found an in depth apology from one Greyer Pierce. Who having realized the error of his ways and gross negligence resultant of his actions at the party, was entering therapy in a resort clinic in the Swiss Alps. He was also offering complete compensation for any and all costs incurred with her injuries or possible debilitated mental state as a result of his actions. The mail also went on to detail the hoped for success of her recovery and the wish that they may one day associate as civilized acquaintances in the future.

Avery was just glad Greyer wasn’t dead. Probably.

She set to work drafting a reply as Whit came to watch over her from the doorway. Though she didn’t know he was there.

~Fin~

Wolfyofthesky

Spectrum122

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm
((....I have no idea where I am x.x but I'm glad the RP came this far I remember when it started xp ))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:46 pm
[ xD good times, good times... Well, my best guess would be the Hawk's nest - that's where Jordan and Jared are. We'll probably be skipping to a new day, really soon, and that'll make it easier to jump in ^^ ]  

Wolfyofthesky

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 pm
(YO! I love the intro you gave that ^.^ Hi! Carebear! I remember you! biggrin )

☸ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ❃ ✺ ❇ ❈ ❊ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✰ ☆ ★ ✪ ¤ ☼ ☀ ☽ ☾ ❤ ♡ ღ☸ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ❃ ✺ ❇ ❈ ❊ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✰ ☆ ★ ✪ ¤ ☼ ☀ ☽ ☾ ❤ ♡ ღ

_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image

"Oh, okay" Avery said and smiled tilting her head. Maybe a bit of food would get rid of the ache on the one side of her head. A drink would probably help wonders. She was slightly confused as to why Doc Martel would lock up some papers in a drawer but shrugged it off imagining some sort if industrial espionage was to blame.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:19 pm
☸ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ❃ ✺ ❇ ❈ ❊ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✰ ☆ ★ ✪ ¤ ☼ ☀ ☽ ☾ ❤ ♡ ღ☸ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ❃ ✺ ❇ ❈ ❊ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✰ ☆ ★ ✪ ¤ ☼ ☀ ☽ ☾ ❤ ♡ ღ

_________________________________________________________________________________________
] Jared looked over to Jordan and shoved her head down until her butt met the seat as a patron of the mall walked by the window. "Nah, you get to drinking so many of these, you don't make rookie mistakes like that anymore." he said.
"Besides" he said letting his hand go so she could float up again as the patron passed out of sight.
"Plenty of colder things out there."

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Wolfyofthesky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:29 pm
Jordan was slightly surprised by the sudden thought of 'something colder' involving shoving snow down the back of Jared's shirt. She really wondered which of her friends that came from. Someone was obviously not being a good influence. "You say that like you have gotten one. I've heard they're... not fun." She decided to stop poking fun at Jared and slipped into a quiet contemplation of how delicious her frozen treat was.

Suddenly a crash could be heard from the kitchen, and it was as if a collective sigh came out of all the regular customers.

So...he lead her to the food court. They went in the long tunnel and popped out of a discreet employees only door in the mall. He had off course replaced his lab coat with 'normal people clothes' and left Avery's on a coat rack along with his by the door. "Just flash the card I gave you, and you can get anything here for free."

[ I don't know if you can tell, but I'm getting a tad tired of Martel. Heehee.

Also, I do feel like a timeskip to tomorrow or tonight could be a good idea? I feel since we've exhausted everything other than Martel/Avery and Jordan and Jared have literally been talking about milkshakes for the past three weeks its time for a fresh day. Plus it'll help Carebear hop back in. ]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 pm
(Agreed!)

User Image

Aery just flipped the card over to look at both sides. She shrugged and said "Okay!" happily enough. She knew what she wanted,and figured she'd go get a root beer float to wash it all down with.
Maybe she'd go to the Hawk's nest.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Wolfyofthesky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:00 pm
[ I'm sure you'd like to go to the Hawk's nest, Avery, but alas, TIME SKIP!

To...Um...That night or the next day? o.O  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm
(That...night??)

User Image

Avery brushed her hair back, still damp from the shower water. She was already in PJ's and had a book picked out, but Whit had told her to wait up until he got back from his dad's office. Though he was pushing it. Any longer and she'd be cranky in the morning.

☸ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ❃ ✺ ❇ ❈ ❊ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✰ ☆ ★ ✪ ¤ ☼ ☀ ☽ ☾ ❤ ♡ ღ☸ ❁ ❀ ✿ ✾ ❃ ✺ ❇ ❈ ❊ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✰ ☆ ★ ✪ ¤ ☼ ☀ ☽ ☾ ❤
__________________________________________________________________________________________User Image

Whit looked out the window into the black sky as the helicopter approached Iris. He and Tomas were cutting it close, but the guy had just had to find a reason to come back for a visit.

Though Whit knew exactly why , and it wasn't for his company he was sure. He fixed his headset as teh pilot said something and they began to circle.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Wolfyofthesky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:14 pm
[ heehee, oh Tomas

THE NEXT DAY! : D  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:27 pm
(I gots nothing..except possibly, a cranky Avery. ...You go. o.0

*Shoves you unceremoniously into the spotlight* )  

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Wolfyofthesky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:38 pm
Jordan snuggled deeper into the covers as the sun shone through the darkness that hung around the curtains. The room became almost pitch black, but eventually the girl sighed and rolled out of bed to float to the floor like always. Once she did that she was almost fully awake.

Ali snuggled her Alligator, nuzzling her head into it's big squishy mouth to block out the sunlight. It took her about three seconds after that to pop out of bed. This was one toddler on the morning cycle.

Telemachus stared pointedly at the tiny cut on the end of his finger.

Karley stared sadly at the plate she had dropped- with her breakfast luckily already eaten.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 350 351 352 353 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games