Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 am

SilentShadowDreamer
And considering that she needed to talk to Sorry and Nezik anyway - about how many were coming and how they intended to hide the influx, among other things - it was a good excuse to go down and talk to Kiro while she was at it.
User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

((Haha! Found it!))

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:47 pm

((Just weant you guys to knoW I wont be connected for a while, but if I'm lucky, I will be by tommorow.))

Afi_Kino

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:33 pm

((OOC: @Lucky: Ohhhh, riiiiight. XD This is doubly 'smart' of me since I just reread the entire thread the other day.
@Trey: Okay. See you when you get back.))

Tianara flashed Joshua a quick glance and an easy smile. Finally recalling exactly what she'd wanted to ask Sorry - and considering that it probably was important, and Joshua's words gave her an opening - she nipped in to ask, "Do you have any idea? How many will be coming, I mean? I think there are some wider caverns where we could hide boats and things," she glanced at Joshua as though for confirmation, "and there's a lot of space, but if you have any ideas about how many we'll have..."

Katalina looked considering. "Not as many as I was afraid of at first," she said. "Most of the younger ones - the ones without a human family yet - will be going home to their clans. A lot of the older ones already have places to go, places to send their families. They've planned ahead for problems. I don't know how many we'll get, but I wouldn't be too worried." She smiled a little, and weary as it was, it was sincere. "Keep stocking, I suppose, for as long as you can."

She looked over at Joshua and lifted a brow. "Do you need us to help you unload? It sounds like you have a lot."
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:44 pm

User Image

((Bravo. XD ))

Joshua smiled as Tianara asked the same thing he'd been about to. His smile widened as Katalina answered. "That's good then. I'm glad they have places to go." It also made it easier on them, having fewer people to provide for. "We'll keep stocking though. I'd rather have too much than not enough."

At her question, he nodded. "If you have the time, some help would be appreciated. There's a fair chunk of stuff. But I'm most worried about bringing boats in without the help of the merfolk. The waters at the base of those cliffs can get pretty treacherous. I can't recall the number of boats that have taken damage there, sometimes enough to sink the ship."

He paused, then explained. "There's a bunch of rocks at the base there. But they're all different heights, so the water swirls weirdly. It's really hard to navigate. Only the best really can do it without worrying."

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 pm

((OOC: Oh, shush, you. xp ))

Katalina looked at Joshua with mild amusement. "And are you worried that Jinx and Nezik and I will find bringing in a number of boats too tiring?" she asked. "You will have the help of the merfolk - at least, the three of us. Most will be sticking close to their clans for now." She looked tired for a second. "In the more populated areas, they're already having some problems with boats." This seemed like a strange thing to mention, until she clarified, "More than usual, that is."

Tianara closed her eyes. She had been expecting this. Her mother had talked to her about things like this before. "They're like whale boats, right?" she asked quietly.

"Traveling where there are no whales and never have been whales," Katalina confirmed. The implication was clear enough. A whaling-type boat would be armed with harpoons and nets, among other things. If they weren't looking for whales, they might be looking for the merfolk.

After a second, Katalina shook her head. "Where's your boat, Joshua? I'll pull in the kids and we'll help you with unloading."
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:46 pm

User Image

Joshua nodded sheepishly at Katalina. "I'm just a little worried." He admitted. He didn't know how much it would tire them out, navigating the turbulent waters.

At her next words though, he paled. Like Tianara, he instantly made the connection. Whale boats, where there has never been whales......Maybe it was just paranoia, but he couldn't help thinking they were after the merfolk. "That's not good....." He murmured.

He was distracted from that line of thought by Katalina. "Ah, sorry. I'll go get it. I just have to grab the stuff from the cabin first. We just sorta dumped it in there to keep the gulls from getting at it. Or other scavengers. Cause they could have made our whole trip a waste of time and money. Neither of which we can spare."

He turned and began swimming back towards the shore. "Mind helping me Tianara?" He called back over his shoulder.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 am

Katalina looked amused. "Unless everyone is intending on arriving at the same time, I think we can handle it, Joshua," she replied. "These are our home waters - we're used to turbulence." A flicker of a smile appeared. "But it's sweet of you to worry."

"It's possible that they're just very poor whalers who can't figure out where they last saw the whales," the mermaid said at last. "But there it is." She and Tianara were both silent about the other theory. There was an impression that this was something they would speak of later. But not now. There was no need to think about that on top of their worries about stocking now.

Tianara blinked and coloured slightly when Joshua spoke to her. "Oh. Yeah, sure." She gave Katalina a quick smile and said, "I guess we're putting it into the boat first. Be back in a minute. Maybe two," she amended, realizing how much they had put in the cabin. She turned and headed back to shore as well, easily catching up with the boy. Katalina, meanwhile, headed off to round up the other two.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:48 am

User Image

Joshua shook himself off as he waded out of the water. "You know, pretty soon, I'm not going to have any dry clothes left." He said with a laugh. He was starting to think he might as well just live in his wet suit. "Ah well. Can't be helped right now." He shrugged and continued up towards the cabin.

Inside, he grabbed as many of the bags as he could, not wanting to make a second trip if they could help it. Arms loaded, he carried it down to where the boat lay high up on the sand, safe from the tide. Setting the bags down, he began loading the boat to balance the load and still leave room for Tianara and himself.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:13 am

Tianara just laughed. "Well, you don't need them anyway, right?" she said lightly, following him up the beach. She twisted her hair absently to get some of the water out - already she was picking up on little tricks like that. Much as she liked being wet, she didn't want to get the boat and preserves and such wet as well. She had the feeling they wouldn't take to it as much as she did.

With one look back at the merfolk out in the cove, she followed the boy into the cabin. Joshua had already taken a fair amount of what was there, and Tianara managed to balance what was left into one fairly heavy load. It was a bit precarious, but as long as she was careful, she'd probably be able to get it all to the boat.

Taking slow, careful steps, she made her way down to the little boat and set her bags with his. She watched how he was loading the bags, but figured out quickly that she wasn't going to be able to help with that part - it was a one-person job.

"Here, Joshua," she said. "You stay in the boat. I'll just pass you the stuff. Will that work?" She'd already picked up another bag and was offering it.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:19 am

User Image

Joshua glanced up from his work and nodded. "That'd be a lot easier." He said with a smile, taking the bag from her. "Heaviest stuff first please. That's the stuff that will really make a difference on how the boat balances." He chattered as he worked, storing things in the boat. "I don't want to put too much weight on one spot. Especially with taking a small boat into turbulent waters, even with help."

Once everything was done, he hopped out of the boat and began tugging it towards the water. He stopped when the water was just barely lapping at the boat, much shallower than he normally would have. But he figured it would rock less for Tianara as she got in, something he hoped would help make her less nervous. He held out a hand to her. "In you get. I'll push it the rest of the way out." He told her with an easy smile.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 am

Tianara took a few seconds to arrange the bags by weight, then passed them up to him each time he reached out for them. "Does it matter, how the boat balances?" she asked curiously. While he started to explain, she listened quietly, passing the bags up to him absent-mindedly. Finally, she reached out for a bag and felt nothing touch her fingers. Confused, she looked down. There were no more. They were done.

It was kind of a shame. She'd liked listening to him talk. It had been interesting.

When he offered her his hand, she gave the boat a nervous glance. She had only just recovered from the heights thing, and now she was throwing herself right back at something else she was afraid of. But she could manage it, she told herself sternly. She would have to.

Taking his hand, she slowly stepped into the boat and took her spot. "I could swim," she teased weakly, managing a small smile. "I'm sure I could keep up." Though she was smiling, it was only partly a joke.

Boats, heights and storms. For a girl who'd been so fearless underwater, she was really starting to rack up the phobias on land. It bothered her, and not just a little.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:51 am

User Image

Joshua shrugged, then set to work pushing the boat out deeper. "If you want to. I won't make you stay in the boat." He told her blithely. He knew she didn't like boats, and they had just gotten back from the cliffs. If she wanted to swim, he wouldn't stop her.

Once the boat was deep enough, he hopped in. The movement rocked the boat, but he stayed still until it settled a moment later. Then he started the motor and slowly headed to the break in the reefs. He kept an eye of for Tianara and the others. Though he knew that they knew to be careful of the boat and it's propellers, he was being careful just the same.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Tianara smiled at him, touched. It was nice to know that he wouldn't judge her no matter what she chose to do. But it was also a bit of a problem, too - that meant she had to rely solely on herself for decisions. And she didn't always know which one was best.

"No, I'm going to try this," she said at last, after a minute or two of considering. "I need to learn. I can't always swim everywhere." When the boat rocked as Joshua jumped in, she paled and gripped the side, closing her eyes until the movement stopped. This was ridiculous. Why should she be afraid of the boat? It wasn't like the water underneath her was any threat. The worst that could happen was that it tipped over, she told herself. It would be okay.

Once they started out towards the reef, she opened her eyes again and fixed them on the coral, making herself steadier by seeing places she knew.

Katalina came up alongside the boat - not close enough to get tangled in the propeller, though with one as small as that the boat would be more damaged than she was, most likely - and followed them. "All right?" she asked Tianara, noting the girl's fixed stare.

"Oh. Yes. Fine," the brunette replied, managing to smile in Katalina's general direction while not taking her eyes off the coral.

Apparently satisfied, Katalina turned to Joshua and told him lightly, "Nezik and Jinx are following at a discreet distance. They're a little more wary of the propeller than I am." She knew exactly where it was, and had no fear of getting caught in it. "Where are we landing?"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 pm

User Image

"Alright then." Joshua said with a smile. In an odd way, he was glad she'd chosen to face her fear. He glanced at Katalina as she came up beside them, keeping an eye on the distance between them though he trusted her to know.

"We're going to try and see if we can find a cavern on the lower level, one that opens up to the water with an entrance big enough for the boat. If we can't find that, then there's a tunnel we found earlier, an underwater one that leads to a low cavern. That'll do if we need it." He explained to her as he maneuvered the boat through the reefs. He kept the boat slow and steady, trying not to rock it too much. Last time, he'd been going more for speed as they had a fair distance to cover. This time though, he could afford to spend more time on keeping it steady.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:32 am

Katalina continued along the side of the boat, occasionally swishing her tail farther away from the propeller but otherwise not seeming to give it much thought. "An open one on the water, hm?" she said thoughtfully, looking towards the cliff face. "Excuse me a second."

She disappeared under the water, leaving Joshua and Tianara alone while he navigated the reefs. Tianara smiled a little, having turned her intense focus from the reefs to the cliffs. "She's going to take Nezik and Jinx and go find one for us. You know that, right?" asked the girl. "Unless she already knows where one is, and she's just going to go check on it."

Her theory was confirmed a minute or two later when Katalina resurfaced and said cheerfully, "I'm taking the kids off for a little bit. We'll find you, don't worry. Be back in a bit." Then she dived again, and a few seconds later there was a flash of silver as the three merfolk sped past them and were off.

Tianara smiled again and shook her head. Sorry was a sweetheart.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games