Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image

Head Of Slytherin
αsтяσησмy

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---> {Intreaged}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari huffed. She grew a smirk. Ready to put another undeserving man in his place, she turned to respond to the man."Well, Mr. Faing, you-" She stopped mid-sentence. Her breath catching before she could even think to continue. He was gorgeous and make something strange awaken in Inari. When she looked at a man, her first though was usually where is the nearest place to get alone, but this man gave her that feeling doubled and something strange as well. It threw her off her game and that was not something she was used to. In fact had never happened to her before. Snapping out of it, Her smirk grew back in place of the smile she had formed."Do seem to have a proper introduction in your abilities. Wonder what else you excel at." She asked with the suggestion quite obvious in her voice.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:04 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: School never changes..
╚══════════════╝

If it hadn't been on such short notice, on such strict a regimen, Juan might have been a bit more enthused as his broad palm pushed forward one of the large wooden oak doors (much smaller then he had remembered,) and cast his luminescent honey golden gaze throughout the room. Yes, everything was as how he had remembered.

The lively chatter danced across the halls resonated from the students in degrees of laughter, shouts, perhaps even a stiffled cry. Upon second glance, his gaze washed over the staff table and its patrons- no one he knew. Though, as expected, there was the cliche, miss autonomy, as it seemed, seated amongst herself in the corner, or at least it was intended, as the male companions seemed to come as a surprise. Moving on from her down the table, he noticed the delicate healer, the close knit of friends, the awkward pair...

-and then there was him, who still stood under the grand entrance way into the hall.

Yes, Hogwarts was just as he had remembered, united in their state of diversity.

This man, Juan Amorocho, was clearly of hispanic descent. His tanned skin added a robust feature to his already towering figure at an impressive stature of six feet off of the ground and clad in professional muggle wear, a leisure suit and tie. Be it as it may, the alchemist's way of life had never sat well in his core, pft- they had might as well call the way of the Amish! He couldn't imagine how men had suffered the years without ever the touch of a woman, or life- only the touch of their books, their spells, and their creations too soothe them. Juan was an alchemist in many aspects- except one- personality.

So, as much of a shock as it may seem considering his adolescent years of self-conscious awareness, the fact of his noted dirty blood, and muggle wear, he carried himself high with honor as one foot pushed forth in eerie silence until he had all but reached the staff table and cast his gaze among them; the ferocity of a lion sat indignant upon his golden rays. "Pleasure to meet you," he greeted the entire staff or at least who paid any mind, as a hint of his Spanish accent flourished in his British tongue, "I'm Juan Amorocho, I've been inducted as the new alchemy professor." He introduced himself soundly with a nod, and had proceeded to direct himself to an empty chair.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

MisterJayce

2,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:52 pm
Professor of Ghosts and Ghouls
Professor Johann Von Dresden
Ravenclaw

"Behind every man now alive stand 30 ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living."

Current Mood: Shy

User Image

Professor Johann took a small breath and gathered himself before opening the door to the Great Hall and entering.

It felt like it had been ages since Johann had been here. Even now, looking at all of these young children he felt shy and out of place. At least with age he had became much better hiding it. The quivering in his breath calmed.

Johann made his way to the staff table where numerous other professors were seated and eating. A darker toned man in a sophisticated muggle suit looked as though he had also only just arrived. Johann found an empty seat amongst the teachers and took his seat. Johann quietly removed his wand from his robe and flicked it towards his cup, filling it with coffee. The familiar scent of the dark drink made him smile just a little, putting him at ease.

I'll just mind my own business and eat my supper, I don't need to bring attention to myself. I suppose I should introduce myself... sigh, I'm sure most of them will meet me sooner or later, no need to bring myself up to a crowd of people, I don't know if I can handle that.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 pm
User Image
╔══════════════════╗
Alfred Chadwick
Divinations Professor
Proud Hufflepuff
╚══════════════════╝

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•

Alfred walked into the Great Hall, and saw two new faces sitting at the Staff table. He walked up to them "Hello" he said taking his seat. "I am Alfred Chadwick Divination Professor ANd you two are new teachers, Though as I am a Seer I already know who you are, none the less proper introductions are a must" the Hufflepuff Professor said.

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

MisterJayce

2,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm
Professor of Ghosts and Ghouls
Professor Johann Von Dresden
Ravenclaw

"Behind every man now alive stand 30 ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living."

Current Mood: Nervous

User Image

Johann was feeling a little nervous, he often get's nervous around people who can see right through him and his mental defenses.

"Good evening, Alfred, My name is Johann Von Dresden. Today is my first day at Hogwarts as a professor. A-as I'm sure you know already, I am the new Professor of Ghosts and Ghouls. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Johann tried to still his nerves. He is after all extremely shy around new people. Especially a table full of them.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 pm
User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Acting Headmistress

Anya moved up to the podium as the owl spread its wings, signaling the students to be silent for the Headmistress. She smiled out at the students and staff gathered in the Great Hall. She waited until everyone was quiet and listening to her. She cleared her throat and smiled again. "Greetings students, staff and House ghosts. Well, we've made it to the end of another year without incident, so that's something." She smiled when some students began to laugh. "As usual, we congratulate all our seventh years who are graduating and moving on to their life after school. To all our other students, congratulations on finishing another year and moving on. As for the House Cup, this year we have a three way tie..." She was interrupted by a House Elf whispering something to her. "Oh, excuse me. Last night there were some last minute points awarded by Professor Chadwick to Aster Cardell for her assistance in gathering dropped books. That places Ravenclaw in first place, meaning Ravenclaw wins the House Cup!" Her voice rose in excitement as she realized that. Clapping, she looked to her table who were clapping and cheering. She raised her hands over her head and the room became silent once again. "I wish everyone a great summer and hope to see you all back here in the fall. Enjoy the feast!"  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts:
╚══════════════╝

A leisure smile had fallen upon his lips, the feast was grander than he ever could have remembered, though it truly was a shame that he had only been inducted at the very end of the year, and would not have any students until the upcoming semester. Still, at least it gave him a break off before his mandatory classes will be held, and for the next three years or so, this school would be his prison.

"Pleasure to meet you," Juan began formally, the spanish accent of his tongue rung thick in his British voice. "Juan Angel Amorocho, as it is, most people can't seem to say the word Juan right, so, everyone tends to call me Angel." He explained, rather than trying to repronounce his name several times over. "I'll be the Alchemy professor for now."

Angel glanced over towards Dresden as he spoke, and introduced himself. Angel decidedly sent a nod towards the Professor of Ghosts and Ghouls before he turned back to the more assertive of the two, Alfred. "Divinations, ey? Ever been to the Hall of Prophecy, then?"

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:43 pm
User Image

User Image
Henrietta was already sitting in her chair at the staff table. Not many of the other professors had arrived yet and she was starting to wonder if she should've stopped by the kitchens like she had been thinking about. A smile played on the green haired woman's face as she though of all the foods that the house-elves were currently making. Her eyes went around the great hall as she thought to herslf since she had nothing better to do at the moment.

User Image
User Image

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:48 pm
It felt like ages, since Khina heard the senible sound of her sounds against the stones of the Dining Hall floor. It seemed like ages since she last peaked from her classroom and office. Yet in all that time, nothing had truly changed. The four tables were still laying out awaiting the arrival of students, the staff table...Ah, yes the Staff table.

At least I am not the only one who appears to be early, She thought as she walked up towards the staff table. Taking a seat, she smiled over at the other early arrival and then realized she had no idea who she was. Bitting her lip, she realized that by rarely did ever come out of her office or classroom. She had essentially cut her self off from her fellow teachers, I simply must correct this grievance. No wonder my math indicate a shell effect taking hold of my life and that today would break it. Arithmancy succeeds again.

Putting forth her best welcoming smile, which seemed a bit rusty, Khina turned to the other teacher.

"Hello, I'm Khina Reedscroll the Arithmancy teacher. I fear I've been so closed up recently that I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know," Khina said in what she hoped was not rush, not to sweet and not overly eager. Just right for greeting someone.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 pm
Professor of Charms

User Image
~-~-~{}~-~-~
Teaching is the profession that teaches all the others.
~-~-~{}~-~-~

*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*

Sighing softly, the smiling Firion made his way to the dining hall. After walking down the pong stretch of student tables, he found himself at his destination, the staff's table. After taking the previous two days to get his classes set up and planned out, he was ready for some well-deserved rest and good food. Spotting some fellow teachers sitting together, he decided that he'd do the polite thing and introduce himself. This place wouldn't be a whole lot of fun if it weren't for making new friends and he definitely needed some. "Excuse me ladies, but is this seat taken?" He asked with a smile, indicating the chair next to them.

User Image  

SilentlyVicious

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm
User Image

User Image
Henrietta was snapped back from her food related thoughts when someone has spoken to her. She smiled back at the woman who seemed to be trying her best to be talk to her. "I'm not surprise i'm a new teacher. I'm Henrietta Gladstone. I teach Cooking with Magic." She said in response to the other person's intorduction

She soon was debating about rather she wanted to include the fact that she had been debating about going down to the kitchen to see how the feast was coming along. She wasn't sure if it was a good Idea since the house elves would've really busy and she would've just felt as if she was in the way. While she was contemplating this thought another professor came up to them asking if the seat was open. "It's not taken as far as i"m aware but my thoughts have been elsewhere so I cannot say for sure." the cooking with magic teacher said to the guy who had made the inquiry.
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 pm
Khina was contemplated a solid response when another voice startled her out of her thoughts. For a moment she merely blinked at the new comer and then remember that this was polite society, smiled.

"Surely, I'm not wary of anyone else claiming it. Thus I can presume that the object, the seat as it is, is prefect free for occupation, Khina said as she eyed the chair in question and then realized that the other teacher had given her name. Wonderful! What was it...

"Henrietta Gladstone, was it...Yes, A character number of 8, heart number 5, and social is 3. Quite an array of numbers there, but completely alright. I mean...This does not carry a conversation well does, Khina said as she realized that was probably the wrong thing to do when taking in other people's names. Pausing for a minute she considered the meaning of this and then decide it was best to simple go with the flow.

Taking a deep breath she continued, So this is your first year teaching here at Hogwarts? Oh how exciting, I vaguely remember my first year...All rather a blur really, though be told there is rarely a dull moment in this school."  

Mellow Magpie

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 pm
Professor of Charms

User Image
~-~-~{}~-~-~
Teaching is the profession that teaches all the others.
~-~-~{}~-~-~

*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*~*-*

Thinking a moment, Firion smiled still. "Well, how about I just sit here until somebody claims it. Then I'lll get up." He compromised as he took a seat. "I'm also a new teacher, took over Charms. my name is Firion Ricard. A lot of my friends call me Fir, though. Like the tree. Not sure why, though." He spoke, drifting off towards the end. He actually wasn't siure why his friends referred to him as a tree. Perhaps it was his stable roots and firm, strong friendship. Made him feel better about it anyway.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:18 pm

User Image

User Image

Whilst he lazily sauntered up an aisle towards the Staff Table, Cillian softly whistled a merry tune under his breath. He found it fitting music to make, condensing it went along with his strongest memory of this place—a Hogwarts Chorus performed many years ago. Times had been much simpler then, and most prominently for the point he didn't have to provide for himself, he had parents to do so for him. After seven years of floating around, with only two brief periods of settlement, it felt nice to have a solid, stable job on hand, even if it came as a hard one.

As he finally neared the table, the brunette halted his cheerful whistling. He calmly observed the three fellow professors with curious interest. Colleagues were different from the traditional ones at any other job, for residing in this castle meant you had to stick around them a lot more. The man just hoped they were an okay bunch all together.
'The view of teachers from a students eye is different from that of a teacher to a teacher...' He mused, hands going down to rest in the pockets of his corduroy jacket.

Cillian walked up to a chair, snaked a foot forward to fall under one of its support beams, and then pulled it back with his leg. After he quickly took that seat, he then shuffled himself forward towards the table. It was a slightly odd thing to do, but his hands felt so cozy in jacket pockets he just didn't feel like making them move. After he was settled in, his pale gaze moved to slowly swept around the Great Hall, taking in the old, but familiar sights.
"Things look different from this vantage point," he murmured softly in a wistful tone.

space
space
ტut ტf ეharacter:
space
User Image

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 pm
Khina turned towards the new voice, well not so new, merely the kind gentleman who was the new...Charms teacher, yes he is the new charms teacher...

"And you name is Firion Ricard, interesting... she muttered leaning over a notebook that she had pulled from her robes. She pulled her hair back and smiled down at her notes. It was a bit harder than she had liked to admit. Since her mind tended to scattered, but she had found one connection. Clearing her throat, she thought over whether to share this information, but then decided against it.

Instead she smiled up at the new charms teacher, "I can understand the reason. There is many thing between the tree character and your approach that does seem similar."

Smiling, she was proud of how she had handled that, when another smaller voice sounded out. While her face was starting to ache for her rare smile was still in place, she turned to look over at the new voice, "Well hello, a new teacher maybe, I'm sorry if your not. Since I seemed to lived a like a bit of a hermit lately. I am Khina Reedscroll, Arithmancy teacher, what is your name?"  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games