Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:40 pm
My goal with Shosuro Naizen in mind was to keep pressing on the off chance he got a lucky hit, and see if he could force Kagae into Full Attacking first. However, he was fully expectant of Kagae to be able to go Full Defense and just delay inevitably once he started doing so. Though he could have won by also delaying inevitably, he took the risk to try to take Kagae down just another notch. It would have possibly been looked upon more favorably than hitting once and hiding behind his blade.

He took a gamble and dropped the ball with a REALLY crappy attack roll. These things happen, and this is the price that must be paid.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:44 pm
Oh no. that's not what I didn't expect. I think I left you a message on YIM showing what I expected wink  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:25 pm
Yoritomo Gendo?

Might not be the best person to summon in this debate wink He tried to break the cycle of life and death and resurrect his wife.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm
Plainsfox
Yoritomo Gendo?

Might not be the best person to summon in this debate wink He tried to break the cycle of life and death and resurrect his wife.

Hasn't everyone?

Also; AAAASSSSSUUUUUKKKKKAAAAA!!!!!1!11!1 gonk  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:50 am
Btw Crab - 1 Scorpion - 0  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:15 am
Player: Fish
Name: Ujina Denbe
Clan: Hare Clan
School: Usagi Bushi School
Insight: 145
Experience: 0
Glory: 2.1
Honor: 2.1
Taint: 0
Heritage: [Yojimbo/Sacrifice]

EARTH: 2
  • Stamina: 2
  • Willpower: 2

WATER: 2
  • Strength: 2
  • Perception: 2

FIRE: 3
  • Agility: 4
  • Intelligence: 3

AIR: 3
  • Reflexes: 3
  • Awareness: 3

VOID: 2
  • Void: 2
  • Current Void Points: 2

SKILLS
Anatomy (Intelligence) - [N/A] - 1
Athletics (Various) - [Running] - 3
Calligraphy (Intelligence) - [Cipher] - 1
Courtier (Awareness) - [N/A] - 1
Defense (Agility) - [N/A] - 2
Etiquette (Awareness) - [Bureaucracy] - 2
Hunting (Perception) - [N/A] - 1
Iaijutsu (Reflex) - [N/A] - 2
Investigate (Various) - [N/A] - 3
Jiujutsu (Agility) - [N/A] - 2
Kenjutsu (Agility) - [N/A] - 2
Lore: Kolat (Intelligence) - [N/A] - 1
Meditation (Void) - [Zanji] - 1
Spellcrafting (Intelligence) - [N/A] - 1
Stealth (Agility) - [N/A] - 1
Storytelling (Awareness) - [N/A] - 1

MASTERY ABILITIES

ADVANTAGES
Clear Thinker [5]
Hands of Stone [6]
Language (Hare Cipher) [1]
Wealthy [2]

DISADVANTAGES
Bad Fortune [1]
Sworn Enemy (Ikoma Shuzo) [3]
Unlucky [6]

TECHNIQUES, SPELLS, KATA, KIHO, SHADOWLANDS POWERS
Leap of the Hare

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
2 koku, 4 bu, 0 zeni
Light Armor
20 Willow Leaf Arrows
Kimono & Sandals
Traveling Pack (Blanket, Bottle of water, 9 parchment and charcoal, Spare kimono and sandals, Wide-brim straw hat, Small tent, Tea set, Flint and tinder, Pillow book (Copy of "Leadership" by Kami Akodo), Rations)
Rope & Grappling Hook
5 Day's Rations

COMBAT
Weapons
Katana - 6k4 - 5k2 - Average - May spend up to 2 extra Void Points for extra damage
Wakizashi - 6k4 - 4k2 - Average - {Special Abilities}
Tanto - 4k4 - 3k1 - Average - {Special Abilities}
Yumi Bow - 2k2 - 4k2 - Average - {Special Abilities}
Jiujutsu - 6k4 - 2k2 - Hare - {Special Abilities}

Armor
TN To Be Hit = 24 (3Ref x 5 + 5Arm + 4Def)
Other Modifiers = {List them here}

Initiative
4k3

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/4
NICKED (+3): 0/4
GRAZED (+5): 0/4
HURT (+10): 0/4
INJURED (+15): 0/4
CRIPPLED (+20): 0/4
DOWN (+40): 0/4
OUT (+N/A): 0/10

DESCRIPTION
Denbe is not an impressive sight to behold as a samurai. He wears mostly white, accented with red, to display his clan's colors, but neither his clothes nor armor are especially fine. The Hare himself has somewhat mousy features- an image which his clan name, and shorter stature do not help. Though he does not shave his hair in popular fashion, he has tied it's length in a knot against the back of his head (an unremarkable dark color, much like his brown eyes), and takes care to wear his clothing as presentably as possible, even though travel often takes its toll on the fabric. These clothes appear especially baggy on him, as the Hare is slender and his muscles are all whip-thin cords, rather than powerful knots. Though often a touch jumpy or easily unsettled, the Hare tries to approach most situations calmly and usually only reveals a hint of his inner jumpiness. He speaks quickly, all together impressing a manner humorously similar of his clan's namesake on him, but when he finds himself "on the hunt" the change in his manner, and his gaze, can be somewhat unsettling.

BACKGROUND
Not long ago, the Hare clan was reinstated, recognized again by the emperor after it's disbandment, and in the time following this a second family within the clan was created- the Ujina. Many of Ujina Yoshimitsu's followers swore to the clan, and those ronin he would accept the loyalty of. Among these was the ronin Kenzo. And when he swore his oath and took the name Ujina, so did his wife and children- including Ujina Denbe.

Though he was already a few years old when his family joined to the Hare clan, Denbe took eagerly to learning his place in the clan, and in the empire, as a samurai. Though the Hare clan was not most favorably looked upon by other samurai, and the Ujina seen more dubiously than the Usagi, Denbe grew viewing the clan as both his people and personal saviors from life as a ronin, and as vital in their role.Though he took to heart the clan's role in ridding the empire of the traitors and enemies hidden within it, and impressed many of his teachers with his progress in learning practical skills, he seemed to hold an idealized view of both his clan, and his place as a samurai- one unsuited to the less glorious work the Ujina often fulfilled for the Usagi, a few steps short of what the Shosuro often were to the Bayushi. While this frustrated his father, it was eventually admitted he would serve well trained as a Usagi, if only he could be cured a bit of his fairy-tale view of Rokugan.

To this end, after Denbe had come of age, his father took him traveling with him on behalf of the Hare, along with one of his brothers and two of his sisters. In this time he joined his family in traveling other clan's lands, helping to expose him and his siblings to more of the empire, and to allow his father a chance to arrange them marriages with proper samurai. Though Denbe's eldest brother married a Toritaka woman, and his sister was arranged to marry a Toku as a sign of friendship between the two families (if not a terribly large one, as neither spouse was of much importance within their clan). Through these endeavors and some investigative pursuit of hints of treachery along the way, Denbe began to lose some of his childish delusions and learn to be ready for his life as a Hare.

All had gone fairly well in these regards, until Ujina Kenzo struck up a friendship in accident while passing through Lion lands. Quite taken with his new friend, and his willingness to share stories both to help the Hare keep his eyes open to threats of the empire, and simply for fun, he struck a deal with the down-on-their luck branch of the Ikoma family. Ujina Rei was arranged to marry one becoming son of Kenzo's new friend. Though Denbe did not take well to the loud manner and attitudes of the Ikoma, Ikoma Shuzo seemed fine example of his family's honor and ways, and both father and daughter took well to the arrangement.

This was, of course, until Rei came bursting into the inn room in tears one night, accusing Shuzo of rape.

Though outraged, Kenzo put his daughter calm and went to speak with his friend to brush the issue aside and settle things- the Ujina family was at a great disadvantage in this situation next to the Ikoma, and the girl was betrothed after all. Seeking to maintain his friendship and prevent any ill-will between their clans, Kenzo was busy at work soothing all involved when Denbe, in a rage, found Shuzo and demanded an immediate duel of him.

Performed in the middle of the night with no witnesses but one of the Lion's friends, the accounts of what happened in the duel were unclear- only that both boys were bloodied at its end and had to be restrained away from each other, the proud young Ikoma left with an ugly facial scar (and Denbe a severe beating and a smaller scar in his side). Tempers between the two could not be soothed, and it was all Kenzo could do to repair feelings between the families and leave the following day before more blood or enmity could be loosed.

The harsh punishment and chastising Denbe was subjected to afterward only further soured his feelings toward the Lion he'd accused openly and maimed, and he was taken back to the Hare lands to be put beyond his thoughts of retribution and to have his recklessness beaten out of him in further harsh training. And while it never seemed to teach him his lesson- just how dangerous it was for any of the Hare to make enemies of a greater clan- the young Hare continued to excel at his training and become more proud of his place in the Hare.

And so it was, when the tournament was declared, among the few eager young Hare offering themselves, Ujina Denbe was finally selected to represent the Hare clan in the competition- another lesson and chance to better their fine young bushi, without taking more seasoned Hare from their duties.

[Family]
Ujina Kenzo- Father. A former ronin whose sharp eyes, social graces, and quick reflexes kept him and his family out of trouble even before they were samurai. A very cautious, and humble man.
Ujina Yae- Mother. Family descending from the Usagi before the Hare were disbanded, she urged her husband to swear them to the Ujina when the family was established. A very slight woman.

Toritaka Ippei- Brother. Denbe's eldest brother, quiet and cautious.
Toritaka Arisa- Sister-in-law.

Toku Tashiaki- Brother-in-law.
Toku Nari- Sister.

Ikoma Shuzo- Brother-in-law, and Denbe's sworn enemy.
Ikoma Rei- Sister.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:17 am
I know that's incomplete- but it's probably still choc full of errors. Check that over with/for me later Rain?

I feel like there's a lot of details I'm missing about this game still. So, in regards to my match starting... here goes nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:27 am
Mongooseh

Mmmm...I wouldn't score it that way. This isn't a competition between the two clans. The Scorpions haven't lost yet. Soshi Maru seems to be doing well in the debates. Kojiro has yet to fight. Hida Hogai has yet to fight as well. Your Kuni Bashugenja has lost her match. Much is still in play. ninja

As a note, you add your strength to damage dice rolled (but not kept) with weapons, Fish smile  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:30 am
Plainsfox
Mongooseh

Mmmm...I wouldn't score it that way. This isn't a competition between the two clans. The Scorpions haven't lost yet. Soshi Maru seems to be doing well in the debates. Kojiro has yet to fight. Hida Hogai has yet to fight as well. Your Kuni Bashugenja has lost her match. Much is still in play. ninja

As a note, you add your strength to damage dice rolled (but not kept) with weapons, Fish smile

You expected Kuni to win that fight? I was surprised she was even in the martial duels. And remember you are talking about a crab dedicated warrior there. I beat someone without being dedicated if I was rolling weapon smithing instead of kenjutsu to beat someone it would be much easier.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:33 am
You haven't seen what Kojiro can do yet. Kojiro's seen what you can do. ninja  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 am
So, how do you guys get that background for your character sheets?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 am
Ah, thanks. That should fix one issue. I'm not sure about the others yet. But at least I think I can safely roll initiative.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 am
Plainsfox
You haven't seen what Kojiro can do yet. Kojiro's seen what you can do. ninja

Why don't we get some character interaction going on then? Plus you haven't seen my armour altering techniques. I have only done so far what other people can do also.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:57 am
Go for it. Kojiro has nothing against the Crab. So it's all on your part.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:59 am
Plainsfox
Go for it. Kojiro has nothing against the Crab. So it's all on your part.

Well I've set myself up to be talked at. Remember I'm kind of anti social so me approaching you would be strange and possibly out of character.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games