Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
➤The ✭ Perfect ✫ World ➧➧➤ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What motivates you?
  Freedom
  Acceptance
  Power
  Wealth
  Love
  Knowledge
View Results

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:43 am
Genesis considered this, then nodded with hesitance, "In theory, I could... however, it will be far more difficult and will cause her a lot of pain. We should act quickly if this is to be the plan. There's another creation lab down the catwalk to the left." He carefully lifted the girl and stood, then led the group off in that direction. As Nova spoke behind him, his eyes half-closed around nonexistent tears, "It wasn't your fault — you were oblivious to the situation until it was already too late. That metal monster was my sister model, related only by name. Metamorphosis." The doorway slid open with a hiss, and the cool mist spilled out over the floor. He carried Scarlet over to an unoccupied table, then retrieved several full jars and a laptop. The overhead lights glowed a deep blue as the generator struggled to power this entire section of the facility. "We're different from my sisters and any other Caretaker, you and I. We hold the values of the original Caretakers. When the simulation was first created, we weren't given any sort of weaponry. No safeguards, no targeting systems, no complete adaptation, no violent algorithms. Just medical tools to aid the wounded. But as the terrorist attacks started occurring regularly, they changed us."
The robot injected Scarlet with a numbing agent, then used a very sharp blade to start chipping off the burnt skin. Nanobots began flying out of their jar, a swarm of microscopic insectoids that glowed and hummed with livelihood. Genesis withdrew a piece of new flesh from another jar, laid it gently over the raw section of the girl's face, then made a gesture with his finger to direct the small machines. They flocked around the hunk of skin, and worked in unison to seamlessly sew on the new growth. "They gave us Originals new bodies, which had basic weapons and strict rules of combat. Those changes didn't work too well, however, and they had to grant us more lenient restrictions for killing until such rules finally became nonexistent. Bigger guns were granted, more algorithms uploaded, physical traits became more efficient. Protecting the simulation was made our top priority. The others eventually got so powerful and obsessed that they wiped out over half of the Resistance without provocation, chased the boundaries so far backward, and left the remaining populace in total ruin. I was left without that top priority, and was kept as a sort of experiment. Give a robot all the weapons he could ever need, apply no restrictions for killing, leave out the priority to protect the simulation and see what happens."
As the nanobots finished grafting the new skin onto Scarlet's face, Genesis gathered up another swarm within a liquid solution and injected it into her blood veins. The nanobots' blue glow illuminated in small orbs beneath Scarlet's skin, a trail of lights that followed her circulatory system. They would repair sections of her from the inside and work their way out. A tabletop device scrolled over her head with a beam of red light, piercing through the skin and skull to read her brain. Random images from her memory flashed across the laptop's screen, being translated to numbers on the screen's other half. "Metamorphosis and Nemesis were designed just like the rest of them. As long as the simulation or facilities were threatened, they would just keep killing and destroying until the threat was eradicated. The three of us were connected in an attempt to balance out the actions, however. I was the Creator, Meta was the Alteration, and Nemesis was the Destroyer. I would make things to solve problems, Meta would change things to solve, and Nemesis would destroy things to solve. Hence our names. But that single priority helped those two overcome my influence, and they resorted to needless sacrifice."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 am
((Time to show another aspect of Northwest's mystics...

Painkillers don't work on them.))

The three of them, and Nova, followed. Lukas looked on as he gave Scarlet the numbing agent-- she just twitched in response, but held still as the nano-bots worked. Isabella and Odessa looked to Lukas, and they could see the pain in his eyes, sense his sudden shallow heartbeat.

Dear, you don't need to do that... Isabella whispered.

Not... gonna... let... her... go... through... it... alone... He took a deep breath, and his words came out a bit more normally. I asked him to help her... I ought to share the pain... After all... He laughed grimly before starting to hack up a lung. When he finished his voice was quiet. ...Painkillers don't work on us...

((In explanation, another thing they can do-- Synchronization. It puts two bodies in sync with one another. Same heartbeat, and both are aware of the condition of another's body, so both are aware of eachother's pain.

It's him taking responsibility for putting Scarlet through this. So yes, Lukas is also in terrible agony right now; yet he's walking and talking and moving about... Doesn't this mysticism sound SO FUN!?! [/incredible sarcasm]))

Lukas stepped up to Genesis, and looked down at the body as Genesis worked.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Nova had picked up Eva and put her on her back again, and Eva was being carefully and gently held in a rib-cage/harness like structure on Nova's back. Nova held her prized cloak in her arms as watched the pretty blue lights as the nanobots worked. She didn't know what he was doing, but she hoped the human would get better-- this Scarlet. She listened to Genesis and her face set. Humans were sacred. But they had forgotten... they had been made to forget, hadn't they?

Odessa sat down near the door in the lotus position, and Isabella hovered next to her husband.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:23 pm
The Caretaker waited as the mini-machines made their way through her system, and glanced up to the man with his glassy eyes, "Not at the moment... however, should the worse-case scenario occur, you would need to anchor her spirit for a while. I hope it doesn't come down to that, I really do. But I am encoding her mind just in case." Genesis wandered over to the many tanks, and stopped before one containing a genderless and featureless human body. It lacked any sort of face or muscle tone, just the basis for a more defined being which would be crafted by the nanobots later on. "If Scarlet's body dies, I will rewrite all of her mind into a transplant body such as this one. Once her physical existence is defined, she would awaken with every memory, every thought and every emotion still intact. But she would just be an AI — acting like a person without actually becoming one. That's why you would need to keep her spirit near, to reenter the new existence. Hopefully, we can avoid that mess altogether and the nanobots will fix her..."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:38 pm
Lukas licked his lips, but his mouth was dry. He at first responded with a very hard series of coughs. Odessa could be heard coughing hard as well. Eventually Lukas spat out a large amount of sickly green mucus.

Ugh. I can... er... I can... ugh... trap her soul in her body, if that's what you mean... He glanced back at her, then at the transplant body. He shuddered. But that's... that's torture, Genesis.... what you're suggesting. It goes against all that we are... It's pure, utter, terror. But... she is my daughter... Besides... I don't know if her soul would accept the new body. I don't know if the new being would BE Scarlet... or if it would be someone else. He looked down at his hands. He sniffed. How far would I go to save my child...?

Isabella head their conversation and shuddered visibly. She started coughing hard as well.

Nova looked to Lukas then Isabella, then Odessa. Odessa had been, and still is, listening very carefully. --Searching: Terror: "Intense, overpowering fear."-- ......

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:17 pm
Genesis nodded once, a sharp movement for the robot's normal grace, "I understand if you would rather not. This is a lot to ask of someone." He looked back to the girl, then shut his eyes, "Can nature not transcend its physical embodiment? Is it truly so rigid as to reject any life other than what has already existed? I wonder..." He trailed off, examined his own metallic hands philosophically. "Is it so unnatural for such beings as I to exist, when humans were granted the capability to make us by nature itself? Nature creates humans to create robots to create humans and then return to nature...it's a complete cycle." Genesis declared, his statements mere whispers to himself. The robot wandered back to Scarlet's body in silence, but it was clear in his expression that he was still pondering. The nanobots within had stopped all of her bleeding, and swam through her veins to induce a stronger heartbeat. They released oxygen cells into her blood, trying to mimic a natural state of being as closely as possible. The tiny machines outside worked to patch up and graft new skin onto incomplete areas.

Eva stirred on Nova's back, just a brief twitch before the violent fit of coughing erupted. She swallowed the mucus back down each time. Her eyes fluttered open, but she refused to move any more than that. This room was darker, colder, lacked any visible destruction... She felt the metal wrapped around her, assumed it was Meta's. Eva tilted her head weakly to the other side, saw a glimpse of Odessa. Wait... Odessa. Not fighting or captured. But they were still inside this accursed government facility. Something was odd about this.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 pm
In a world that never understands you...

"((Annnnd we're now at 78,537 words, and 151 pages. mrgreen )) "

...the machines will always understand your pain.

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 pm
((Sweet! A good half of it is probably from me. xd ))

Rigid, Genesis? The man smiled wryly. The universe is chaos, we are chaos. If life was rigid, we would not grow, not change, not adapt. We would not learn. Hell, Scarlet was hanging on by sheer willpower alone for a while there. But there are always rules we must follow... He broke off, as if to continue the sentence but thought better of it.

He looked to his daughter, and tried to scratch an itch on his arm under his armor. He then looked to his daughter and took a deep breath. He felt her heartbeat grow stronger.

Scarlet has something to say.

What?

Those Nano-bots are itchy.

Odessa and Isabella looked at him and burst out into laughter, both of them. Lukas just smiled quietly, hope in the man's eyes as the pain lessened, though the itching increased. Their laughter was full of not only mirth, but heavy with relief... if Scarlet was able to make comments like that, even if merely mentally... it was a good sign.

~~~

I felt them. I felt the painkiller, though it was of little use. I felt the nanobts as they worked, rebuilding an organ here, stopping the bleeding here, adding more oxygen to my bloodstream... it itched, every inch of me itched, but it was... a good itch. I squirmed slightly on the table, before accepting the itchyness and going still again. Still, it was a very annoying sensation.

~~~

Nova noticed, and immediately headed over to the table. She wanted to bounce but not jar Eva.

She's moving! She's moving she's moving! Came Nova's feminine and slightly musical and peaceful voice. She clapped her hands in a childish fashion. Yay!

Lukas noticed Eva stir, and looked over to her. There was obviously great pain in his eyes, but it was balanced out by a great deal of hope.

How are you feeling?

Oh? Oh! Is she awake?

Nova turned her head to look at eva, her orange eyes glowing and the expression was like a child's.

Hello! The robot said in a friendly manner with a smile. She looked like she wanted to bounce around in happiness. The hurt humans are okay!

((And the moment Eva wakes, she sees... a very hyper Nova. [/playonwords]))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 pm
Genesis was about to say something in response, but was suddenly distracted by Scarlet's squirming. He grinned at the girl's comment, "Well, you'll have them removed shortly. They'll do one more round through your system to confirm no wounds have been left, and then will exit from your neck." He addressed Scarlet directly, even though it was Lukas who had to speak for her. Then Eva woke up, and he strode over in her direction.

Eva winced as Nova's head spun almost completely around, and the robot's joyous chatter rung all too loudly in her raw ears. "H-h-hello...?" She responded to the robot, then entered another violent coughing fit. Genesis helped her free of Nova's containment device, and almost all of her weight was leaned on him when she tried to stand. She blinked confusedly several times, eyes barely focusing on Lukas with that haze still evident, "Frankly...I'm s-shocked I still h-have feeling, after all this c-crap I've been through." She giggled as if she were drunk, then coughed again, "T-t-terrible, I think. This illness is kickin' my a**..."
"We can tell." Genesis remarked with humor, then helped her to sit down on a stool. His hand remained firmly on her shoulder to prevent the woman from outright falling.
She looked around, her whole body tensed as she saw Scarlet. The girl wasn't nearly the mess she was before, but evidence was present of that previous state. Eva tried to stand and race over to her, but Genesis wouldn't let her budge, "Scarlet! H-how did s-she...?"  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:46 pm
((... this means Scarlet is the healthiest one in the group right now, besides Genesis xd ))

Nova went quiet when Eva winced, and let Genesis take her from the containment device. She hovered, unsure who to go too, the still healing Scarlet or the still sick Eva. Even her movements indicated excitement, though the robot herself was gentle.

Lukas strode over to his daughter, as the pain had mostly faded by now. He smiled warmly. He reached out to touch her gently.

I stirred slightly, and with a groan, I opened my still perfect witch hazel eyes. They shifted from brown to orange as I still felt itchy all over, but there was only a slight soreness left as they did their last sweep. I flexed slowly, testing and feeling all my muscles and bones to make sure that they were intact and working. I felt a still torn muscle in my left arm, and I mildly flexed it, hoping to get the nano's attention.

I lay still, however, and only let my head up enough to let me take in my surroundings. Warmth was within my eyes. I saw Eva and smiled at her as I waved weakly. I blinked at Nova, and tilted my head for a moment, before smiling and resting my head back on the table.

Odessa, Lukas, and Isabella gave a heavy sigh of relief. Then the three of them started up another coughing fit, and eventually Lukas made a very nasty, awful sound before turning his head away and spat out a very large lump of sickly yellow mucus.

Ugh...

From the sound of it, the other two were in the process of doing that too...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:23 pm
((Wow. And she was on the brink of death... xd ))

The tiny machines swam their way to the torn muscle and quickly mended it, then started off toward the girl's neck. She would feel them all gathering beneath a certain spot of her skin, until a slight bulge was visible under her chin. The first cut a minuscule hole for escape, and the swarm followed it out, the last in the group sewed the opening shut after it.
Genesis reached over the table for a jar, and the nanobots returned to it happily. He handed the jar over to Lukas and smiled, "Consider it a gift from the government."

Eva was immensely relieved when Scarlet opened her eyes and moved. She settled back into her seat, barely maintaining her balance, and waved back at the girl. Slowly her strength was returning, but in the meantime, she just leaned forward and rested her head on the table. She wondered how long it had been, and how much longer they had of safety...

((GAH! Sorry for the lame post after such a long wait... gonk Every time I tried to sit down and write, my stomach suddenly felt very sick and I had to rush to the bathroom. Dx I hate having celiac disease. ))  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 pm
((Eww. That sounds awful))

Lukas smiled and took the jar, and tucked it into his medpack. Lukas bowed to Genesis.

Thank you.

He looked to me, who was covered halfway in shiny black bandages. he smiled and picked me up, cradling me in his arms. I smiled and leaned my head against his chest... I could hear his heartbeat right through his armor. I smiled and dozed, and he made a low and soothing vibration with his throat.

Well, if there is anything anyone needs to collect, they should do it now... we may not have much time left here.

Odessa stood and made sure she had her meteor hammer. Isabella headed over to Nova.

Um, you didn't happen to see a large mallet and a sniper rifle when you found Scarlet and Eva, did you?

Nova searched her databases for the meaning for these words and re watched her visual recordings of the blast and collecting both of the girls. She shook her head.

I saw the rifle on Scarlet's back when Metamorphosis attacked, I think, and the mallet near her foot. They both shattered when Metamorphosis exploded.

Isabella nodded and started coughing again. She looked to Lukas, who had stopped coughing, or having any breathing troubles, altogether.

Why are you coughing and he's not anymore?

Isabella eventually recovered after spitting out more mucus.

We're purging our lungs. It's getting the pathogen that we breathed in out of our system. Lukas has gotten all of the stuff out of his lungs. I still have a few stubborn globs left...

There was a loud hacking from near the door as Odessa repeated the process Lukas had used, and then she took in a deep, long breath and smiled.

Ah! Much better!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:19 am
((Lukas: Anything is possible. User Image

Isabella: ...

Lukas: ...I luff you <3

Isabella: You better have not...

Lukas: I may or may not have messed with Hiddo's crew...
But you know I only have eyes for you.
For when I have a woman so sweet,
Who else would I ever need?

Isabella: ... >.> <.< ~drags him below deck~

Lukas: <3))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:01 pm
(( rofl ))

Eva had drifted off into a shallow slumber, and was only halfway aware of her surroundings. They weren't outright safe yet, but she felt oddly calm. Her life was finally becoming more complete, the gaps had started to fill. The fault lines of her broken self were being glued back together piece by piece. She barely noticed that it was a machine's arm which steadied her into standing, because to her, it really did not matter any more. Eva stumbled along as her parent led the group back into the halls.

"We shouldn't face any difficulties exiting; if a threat has grown as destructive as we've been, it is protocol to only guard the vital sections of the facility. Simply put...they want us gone, and won't provoke us unless we invade high-priority areas. All of those sections are on the floors below us." Genesis explained casually. Nothing distinguished the Caretaker's face at the moment, just pure neutrality. He helped navigate the sleep-dazed Eva through another set of catwalks, and into the elevator. As everyone piled in, the elevator shot up to the top floor. His eyes settled on Chris as they waited, "Where do you plan to go?"
The boy shuffled on his feet, then answered with some irritation, "I'm going to find my faction, that's where. I'll walk in, find myself a gun, and shoot out those damn bastards that captured me."
Genesis didn't exactly agree with his plans, but nodded once, "Very well."
The elevator came to a stop, and they were let out into a small, circular room. Every surface was made of the same gray metal, and the room was devoid of anything but several humming generators. There was greater noise coming from the floors above, primarily the sounds of loading computers. Genesis walked straight forward to the solid wall, applied a slight amount of pressure to it with his free hand, and the panel slid away as a hidden door to reveal the outside world.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:22 pm
By the time they got out of the underground, Isabella had finally got all the gunk out of her lungs. I had fallen asleep, curled up in my fathers arms; I had my arms wrapped around his neck and my ear against his chest. His heartbeat was soothing.

Nova carried her folded cloak carefully. She didn't want another human to see her wearing it and get the wrong idea. She was curious as to where they were going.

Isabella and Odessa was carrying their helmets and Lukas's helmet.

When Genesis revealed the hidden door, everyone piled out of the room and looked around. Isabella and Odessa were looking around to see where they were; the truck should be around here somewhere...

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games