Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 pm
Cause you don't know me, I don't know you
So don't approach me, I won't approach you
And don't insult me, I won't insult you
Cause you don't know what I will or I won't do
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
15. | Muggleborn | Slytherin Fifth Year| Prefect

Wren's eye involuntarily twitched at the very thought of having to even hear a singing comb, let alone living with a person who owned one. He was very sure that if such a thing was had in his dorm, it would be a mangled comb by the end of the day. He didn't say as much but he was sure his face plainly said it all. When she became partially flustered at his comment about her supposed boy flock he coughed to hide a snicker since he'd never seen the sure-footed teen look so much like an awkward teenage girl. Then again he'd only really known her a handful of months so his perception of her was slightly skewed. He followed behind her slowly, mainly to see if she really was going to help him or if she was going to do that fake emergency cop out. But then he scowled and cursed when Di told him that one of his formula's was wrong and after looking at it and then flipping a few pages in his textbook he nearly thumped his head with it when he realized he had practically flipped the blasted thing. he grumbled as he grabbed a pencil to erase the whole thing to rewrite it. While he was doing so a guy, a Ravenclaw from his uniform, came up to them and asked if he could join in the studying. Actually he asked Di and Di alone if he could study with her while looking at her through him as if he were made of the finest crystal glasses. He thought about reacting but realized that his Transfiguration homework would still be undone if he did and in reality, his grades mattered more than some ******** stalker so he just kept his head down and continued writing. And if he just happened to overhear Di telling him in a semi-patronizing (remove the semi-) tone that she was helping tutor him and that he should leave, well that was through no fault of his own. Nor was the slight smirk that crossed his face. "Told ya they'd flock." he muttered to himself, but if the Ravenclaw girl just happened to overhear their inside joke then that was a fault of his and he would just have to work on his whispering. Perhaps at another time.
The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Make no mistake, I'm the Golden State heavyweight
Bein underrated gave me time to create it
Can you relate? I renovate, straight out the gate
Carried my weight, but seem to receive nothin but hate

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am
User Image
                                                  In the end
                                                  As you fade into the night
                                                  Who will tell the story of your life
                                                  And who will remember your last goodbye
                                                  'Cause it's the end and I'm not afraid
                                                  I'm not afraid to die.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Hᴀʟꜰʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Mordred frowned, his gaze travelling over to the Slytherin she was tutoring before going back to her. He'd given her space, hell, he'd given everyone space last year to figure out everything, and he was trying to be better about everything. Only, she was acting like he was being a child still. Okay, yeah, sure, he might have walked over here without thinking until Di broke the spell by telling him to go away, but her tone and posture were suggestive that she didn't want to be around him. Which actually did hurt. He'd never been the most sociable person in Hogwarts, and now that Gia and Carver had graduated (which thank God he didn't have to endure being called Igor any more from Carver), he had retreated into solitude. He'd been sorely tempted to approach Di during the train ride, but had hesitated. His eyes flickered back to the Slytherin she was sitting with and his eyes narrowed. "I see..."

He wasn't an idiot. He could see what was happening, and she was brushing him off like he'd done to her friends so many times in the past. To be the recipient of the same treatment was hurtful, and he bit back the words he wanted to say because he knew that would cause a scene. Instead he turned back to Di, catching that the Slytherin had whispered something to her, but not the words. "Well, don't let me interrupt the study session then. I'm pretty sure that he needs it, and don't let me get in the way of helping out your friends." Mentally he winced at the tone in his own words, but he couldn't take them back. After all, he had been her friend too, once upon a time. Sadly, his life wasn't like a fairy tale, and never had been. Not that he had the worst life, but he was pretty sure that a lack of connection to people was just as bad as some other things he could imagine.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Who is that and why are they talking to Di?
                                                  OOC:

Born a saint
                                                  But with every sin I still wanna be holy
                                                  I will live again
                                                  Who we are
                                                  Isn't how we live we are more than our bodies
                                                  If I fall I will rise back up and relive my glory

Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:07 pm
A mind as clear as a cloudless sky...
No room for rust, no room for settled dust.
A waning wild thrown to bygone days...
I’m growing black mud up around my veins;
And I’m going backwards, shutting out the name.

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw chaser │ sixth year prefect│ halfblood

Di's lips quirked slightly at the whispered comment Wren made, but she kept her green-eyed gaze primarily on Mordred, as if daring him to argue with her on this. He didn't get to show up and monopolize her time whenever he felt like it, then play the victim card because he was lonely. She did feel for the other boy- they had been good friends at one point, and she understood that his mother was emotionally neglectful at best and that his biological 'father' was a narcissistic arse, and that he had led a very isolated, cold life for so long that it was probably hard to reach out to other people. But he couldn't just pin all his hopes on her, so to speak, and then work himself up into a jealous rage whenever she deigned to give someone else attention. It was exhausting to have to deal with, which was why she'd worked hard to distance herself.

She tensed slightly at his clearly infuriated 'I see', not because she'd thought he'd do anything- Mordred was a lot of things, but outright aggressive had never been one of them- but because she was hoping he'd leave it at that and walk away, but from the look on his face, didn't think that was about to happen, or at least not before he got a passive-aggressive jab in. He snapped something back at her, which Di reasoned he had a right to, since she'd been purposefully hostile towards him, but his tone sent her into a blank fury. To snipe back at her was one thing, but to drag Wren into it because he was angry with her was another entirely, and his tone implied that she was offering help not strictly in a scholastic sense, regardless of whether or not he'd actually meant that.

She was so furious at the mere insinuation that she was one of two things: A. the frigid b***h, for not lavishing him with attention because he came sniffing around and demanded it in his usual passive manner, or B. the flighty whore, who was willing to give things to other people that she wouldn't give to him. Even if she and Wren had been outright, unabashedly flirting- which they hadn't, Di insisted to herself, they'd just been joking around- it didn't give him the right to act like she'd betrayed him in some way. Mordred was obviously attracted to her, and she had made it extremely clear that his attitude and bratty behavior had killed any crush she might have had before. Him acting as though none of that had ever happened and that she was either playing hard to get, or just didn't realize her own feelings yet, made her so angry she wanted to scream.

For a few moments the brunette was completely silent and motionless, the only movement being her eyes, as she seemed to be rapidly debating something in her head before instinct took over, and Di, with a slight jerk of her head as if disapproving of what she was about to do, hauled off and slapped him across the face as hard as she could. Di had never hit another person before. Not ever. Not when Treva or Mad lashed out at her, not even when Isolde had struck her. She thought violence was disgusting, and while she'd never claimed to be a complete pacifist, she had always thought the only situation in which she'd ever attack another person physically was in self-defense of herself or someone else. This clearly wasn't that. She'd hit Mordred not because she was afraid or felt threatened, but because he'd sent her into such a temporary pit of rage that it had been the only action that had made any sense. She was a prefect, and besides that, almost an adult. She knew better than to handle her problems like an impulsive child.

But still. She wasn't going to pretend that he hadn't deserved it. "Don't ever speak to me that way again," Di said, as coldly as she'd ever spoken in her life. "Get the <********> away from me. Now." She turned around, not bothering to see what Mordred's reaction was, and pretending as though he'd never been there to begin with. "The formula's correct now, so we need to identify the proper variables," she told Wren far more calmly than she felt. "Which one does the problem ask you to find?"

OOC:
Yukina101

Diamond Wales

But it’s spiraling, spiraling into something bigger-
Is there something bigger?
Wide awake, but I am sleeping...
I’m lying naked, drunk and dreaming-
Would it all work at all?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Sixth Year Slytherin Prefect
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image

Around this time Jasmine was usually found in the library. That was if she wasn’t in the Ravenclaw common room. Raymond decided he’d meet up with her. Maybe help her study, any reason for him to see her really. Walking into the library he headed for the study area. Sure enough she was there very much deep into the books. “Sorry for the wait.” He said as he came over to her before giving her a kiss. “That’s alright. I was just looking into something for my homework.” Jasmine told him with a smile as she kissed him back. “What homework?” He asked as he took a seat next to her. “Care of Magical Creatures… I have to write an essay. It’s not due till next week so no rush.” She answered. “You know I took Magical Creatures. I could help.” He offered with a smile. “Sure, but we’re supposed to be working on Alchemy.”

“We can do both.” Raymond told her before taking his books. There was no way he was going to let her fail. Grades were as important to him as they were to her, and if that’s what mattered to her then that’s what mattered to him.

The two managed to get her Magical Creatures assignment done. Since Raymond had already taken the class he had a lot of inside knowledge on dealing with the creature she was writing about. They’d moved onto studying alchemy. Everything was going smoothly until they heard someone tell someone off, slap included. Raymond new the pair or more specifically Diantha, it didn’t surprise him that Jasmine recognized them. After all they were in the same house. “Wonder what he did…” Jasmine thought out loud. “Take it from me it’s best not to ask.” Raymond told her.

“So, Nicholas Flamel… What did he do?” Raymond asked her pulling her attention from the group along the way to her studies. “He was the creature of the Philosopher’s stone.” She answered. “And…” He prompted. “He lived for hundreds of years with his wife before the stone was destroyed.” She continued. “What was the stone used for and when was it destroyed?” He asked. “It was used to create the elixir of life and could turn metal to pure gold. It was destroyed in… 1991?” Jasmine said unsure about the last part. “Close it was the end of that school year which would have landed it in 1992.” Raymond told her.

Everything was going great they were hanging out and the best part was no Noah. “Hey Noah,” Until that… “Hey Jasmine, Raymond,” Noah greeted them both. “You guys studying alchemy?” He asked. “Yeah … …” Raymond tuned everything out by that point, his mind elsewhere. ‘Why couldn’t he just stay away…?’ He thought to himself. ‘Because he’s trying to get in the way.’ He told himself in his head. ‘He wants her for himself.’ His mind would have kept going if Jasmine hadn’t of nudged him.

“Ray? You okay?” Jasmine asked. “Uh… yeah… I have to go. I forgot I had something to take care of.” Raymond said. “You sure?” She sounded almost worried. “Yeah, I’m fine. See you later?” He said grabbing his things and shoving them back in his bag. “Yeah, I’ll see you later.” She said giving him a kiss before he ran off leaving Noah and her wondering what had just went on. It was something Raymond himself could hardly understand.

(Exit)

With: Jasmine & Noah

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: Well that was a fun scene if only Raymond hadn't taken so bloody long.

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                              Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                              I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                              Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:27 am
Cause you don't know me, I don't know you
So don't approach me, I won't approach you
And don't insult me, I won't insult you
Cause you don't know what I will or I won't do
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
15. | Muggleborn | Slytherin Fifth Year| Prefect

Wren tried ignoring whatever soap opera drama was unfurling in front of him between Di and the Ken Doll-Morded or something like that. Instead he focused his attention on the blasted math in front of him wondering why the ******** magic and math needed to coincide. He was actually about to ask her when he heard a smack and a curse and turned to see Di with the absolute coldest look he'd ever seen. On her at least. He blinked slowly as she told him to get the ******** away from her before she went completely bipolar and asked him about variables and his equation like he hadn't just seen her b***h slap someone. Honestly the smacking he could understand, the guy looked like the type of douche you'd want to hit at least once in your lifetime, it was the cursing that made him start. Di seemed liked one of those uptight straight lace probably wears a dressing gown like she's in the 1800's sorta girl so. For her to curse like well, him and Leon this guy had to be a special type of douche. Good on him he supposed. "Uh, 'z' I think." Wren muttered looking between his notes, the equation, and his textbook. At least he thought it looked like a "z."
The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Make no mistake, I'm the Golden State heavyweight
Bein underrated gave me time to create it
Can you relate? I renovate, straight out the gate
Carried my weight, but seem to receive nothin but hate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:14 pm
User Image

D A N I E LxxxJ A C O B S

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxHUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Life in Hogwarts was everything Daniel had expected and more. Being away from the watchful eyes of his family was incredibly liberating and it felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders—he was free to do anything and go anywhere he wanted, the exact opposite of the last couple of years. Daniel was sure Lucy had no idea how lucky she was being the first to go to Hogwarts, but he was thankful for that because she'd probably continue the fussing, albeit to a lesser degree. For now, he was content to endure her friendly teasing about continuing his 'nerd habits' and the occasional visits she made sneaking into the common room to check up on and spend time with him.

One thing he loved best about Hogwarts (other than his new-found freedom) were the friends that he'd made. He hadn't made many but he'd already befriended more people than he'd expected; he certainly had more friends that he'd ever had at any single point in the last few years, although the fact that these people never grew up knowing him as the 'weird' absent kid certainly helped.

At the moment, Daniel was pouring over his transfiguration notes in the library as he waited for Vince to arrive. The other boy was admittedly his closest friend at Hogwarts and when Daniel confided to him about his troubles with the subject, he offered to help him with it, which Daniel was grateful for. He didn't expect to end the year with amazing grades, but he was hoping for something a little better than average but with how lost he felt in class and how hopelessly confusing his notes seemed now, he'd be lucky to pass the class.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxthe libraryxxxxxw i t hxxno one
                                                            f e e l i n gxxfrustratedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxa sweatshirt

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:15 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLibrary
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDaniel
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï вε? αll αρøløģïεṡxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï ṡαÿ? εṿεɾÿøṉε ïṡ ģαÿxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï ώɾïτε? ï ḋøṉ'τ hαṿε τhε ɾïģhτxxxxxx
                                                          ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï вε? αll αρøløģïεṡxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceVince was glad there didn't seem to be a lot of people milling about the library today. He'd taken to it as a sort of safe haven, because even when it was busy, theoretically, it was supposed to be quiet. Of course, that wasn't always the case, thought the section specifically for class study seemed to remain mostly quiet. He was a little annoyed at the hypocrisy of his own decision to help Daniel in this setting, since they would be talking and thus breaking the silence for someone else. He couldn't imagine that he was the only person who tended to hide among the stacks to try and avoid all the noise, after all. But, the fact of the matter was, the library was the best, most efficient place to study. If they had need of information outside of what was provided by the textbook, there was a wealth of other books to choose from, and a librarian to ask for assistance. Furthermore, there were minimal distractions, which wasn't the case in the Great Hall or dorms or outside.

spaceThe Ravenclaw boy approached his friend with a small smile, noting that he already had his papers and book out and was apparently concentrating on them, very hard. Not sure if he'd been noticed, given that he tended to move rather quietly and was an expert on blending into the wall, he coughed lightly for Daniel's attention.
                                                          "Uh, hey. Sorry if I'm a bit late," he said, not offering an excuse because he didn't really have one. He didn't think he was late, actually, but Daniel looked as though he'd been here a while. Vince pulled the chair across from the Hufflepuff out and sat down, pulling out his own things. "So, what exactly is it that you are having trouble with? Or, is it everything?" He hoped that didn't sound condescending or anything. He hadn't meant for it to, honestly. But he didn't want Daniel to feel anxious about having to say nothing made sense, so he'd wanted to establish that needing help with everything was perfectly understandable. It was, really. Transfiguration, on paper, certainly looked difficult. Vince hadn't had trouble with it, but then, he'd been years ahead of his grade in mathematics in his muggle schooling. Benefit of being left alone constantly with nothing to do but read, he guessed.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxï ώïṡh ï ώαṡ lïќε ÿøυ - εαṡïlÿ αṃυṡεḋ
                                                          xxxxxxƒïṉḋ ṃÿ ṉεṡτ øƒ ṡαlτ - εṿεɾÿτhïṉģ'ṡ ṃÿ ƒαυlτ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxï'll ταќε αll τhε вlαṃε (ασυα ṡεαƒøαṃ ṡhαṃε)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxṡυṉвυɾṉ ƒɾεεʐεɾвυɾṉ - сhøќïṉģ øṉ τhε αṡhεṡ øƒ hεɾ εṉεṃÿ

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

oyehh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:40 pm
User Image

D A N I E LxxxJ A C O B S

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxHUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

Daniel was almost grateful when he heard a quiet cough that distracted him from his thoughts; looking over his notes only made his spin more with all the equations and symbols. Looking up, he saw Vince standing in front of him and sent him a relieved smile. "You're not late at all, I just got here a little early." Even though it was a futile effort, he had to check again to see if there was anything that he could maybe figure out in hindsight, but so far no luck. Hopefully I'll understand it better when Vince explains it.

Vince sat down in front of him, pulling out his notes, and when he asked what it was that Daniel had trouble with, he could only sigh miserably in reply. "I haven't got a clue about what's going on," he admitted, resisting the urge to fidget. "The entire subject is confusing and I just can't seem to grasp the basics properly." Daniel always considered maths and science to be his worst subjects and even at school, he had trouble understanding anything unless it was explained several times at least, and transfiguration was like an unholy mix of the two. He understood why Lucy hated the subject so much, it was almost as if it was deliberately out to get him, which was a really silly thought, Daniel could admit.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxthe libraryxxxxxw i t hxxVince
                                                            f e e l i n gxxfrustratedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxa sweatshirt

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:49 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxLibrary
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDaniel
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï вε? αll αρøløģïεṡxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï ṡαÿ? εṿεɾÿøṉε ïṡ ģαÿxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï ώɾïτε? ï ḋøṉ'τ hαṿε τhε ɾïģhτxxxxxx
                                                          ώhατ εlṡε ṡhøυlḋ ï вε? αll αρøløģïεṡxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceVince was relieved that he wasn't late, though he still felt bad that Daniel had been waiting on him. He supposed this was why his mother tended to harp on that whole 'early is on time, on time is late' thing. But, he didn't really have time to dwell on that at the moment. Especially not since apparently he was going to have to start from the bottom and work his way up with explaining the work to Daniel. He leaned over the table to check where the Hufflepuff was in the book, and thought for a moment. "Okay, everything. That's going to take a while, so we might have to stretch this out into multiple sessions. But, we'll figure it out." Realizing his expression was rather on the serious side, and might be off-putting, he tried for a small smile to put his friend at ease. The effectiveness of this was probably up for debate, though.

spaceVince retrieved his own notes, and handed them to Daniel. They were meticulous, color coded and annotated for ease of understanding.
                                                          "You can have those, if you like," he said. "I don't think I need them. If anything, I might ask to borrow them back at the end of the year for exams. But in the meantime, I've got a good enough grasp of the subject that I think I'll be fine in lessons." He paused, wondering how best to approach this. He found it all fairly simple, but he was excellent at math. Science was his favorite subject in muggle school, and math was a cornerstone of understanding most of it. But, he knew that he was sort of odd in that regard. "Okay, so... do you learn better by listening, watching, or both? Or by doing? I'm usually good with watching, but you might be different, and I want to start off as effectively as possible." Knowing how a person best retained information, he thought, was key to helping them learn. If you got started off on the right footing, everything was easier. Maybe Transfiguration wasn't really that hard for Daniel, maybe it was just that Professor Drage's teaching style wasn't great for him. That was always possible.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxï ώïṡh ï ώαṡ lïќε ÿøυ - εαṡïlÿ αṃυṡεḋ
                                                          xxxxxxƒïṉḋ ṃÿ ṉεṡτ øƒ ṡαlτ - εṿεɾÿτhïṉģ'ṡ ṃÿ ƒαυlτ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxï'll ταќε αll τhε вlαṃε (ασυα ṡεαƒøαṃ ṡhαṃε)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxṡυṉвυɾṉ ƒɾεεʐεɾвυɾṉ - сhøќïṉģ øṉ τhε αṡhεṡ øƒ hεɾ εṉεṃÿ

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

oyehh

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:56 pm
GAVIN SELWYN __________
Fifth Year, Prefect _________
Ravenclaw ____________
════════════════════════ _____

User Image

Gavin had adjusted to school life comfortably. He had his first week of lessons organized in his notes, had already polished his broom so it was ready for upcoming tryouts later in the week, and was well ahead of schedule to start panicking for O.W.L. exams. Let's be realistic, even if he did get scouted for a team, and if he should be so lucky to make the cut, how long would he last? Everyone knows you're 'politely' asked to leave at age fifty-something but you'd be lucky just to make it to thirty-five before some younger, stronger, faster version comes along to replace you. And by Merlin's beard, he will not be selling houses at thirty-five because he was too incompetent on exams to do anything else. The family business can stay with his older brother for all he cares. He doesn't want it.

But he has to want something and therein lies the problem. As a kid, all he ever wanted to do was play quidditch, go pro, be famous, live the dream. But with each passing year that dream seems smaller and smaller while all of life's problems just got bigger and bigger. Logically, it'd make sense to go into the ministry. The jobs are good (for the most part, wouldn't want to get stuck in Centaur Liason Office) but none of it was very challenging unless he aimed high, like auror or hit wizard high. Probably too high. Gavin couldn't shake the feeling that, no matter what he decided, he would never be good enough for it anyway. But bugger that, right? The best revenge is success.

And that began with nailing his transfiguration skills, acquainting himself with muggle-y like studies, and soaking up every wizarding law book he could find. By the time he was ready, he had three very distinct stacks of textbooks in front of him and only half as much motivation to study as when he started. It really was pretty outside, the autumn leaves were falling from the trees by the bunches in the chilly breeze and there were hardly any clouds under the high sun. It seemed like all of the students were outside now, enjoying the great outdoors before the first snow of winter. And the wall clock was so loud, so distracting...

”Ugh, alright Gavin, focus.” He pulled the first book from the Transfiguration pile and brushed through the pages until he found the spell they'd be practicing in the upcoming weeks, the vanishing spell. Relatively simple, on paper. In practice? Not so much. ”Evanesco,” he said, then gave his wand an encouraging flick at a candy wrapper. It must not have heard him. ”Evanesco,” he added with a bit more oomph and the edges of the wrapper smoldered red and curled black, smoking ever so lightly until he slammed his hand down with a few good whacks until the fire was out and his hand was red. At this point, he had to wonder the brilliance in his decision to practice spellwork in the library. ”Evanesco,” he jabbed his wand out, and the little Cauldron Cake wrapper flung itself across the walkway and crumpled suspiciously lifeless on the floor.

╔════════════════════════════╗
WHEN:: Fall of 2037 】 【WHERE:: Library
WITH WHO:: ---

╚════════════════════════════╝

oyehh

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:14 am
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxPREFECTxxxxxxBEATER

Rey had decided to take it easy for the first couple of days of school to mentally prepare herself for the work that she was planning on doing; Like a warrior preparing for battle, she thought wryly then, although to her, the situations weren’t too dissimilar. Rey knew logically that not doing well in the OWLs wasn’t the end of the world and there were harder things yet to come, but with the exams being so close, it was hard to remember that.

Rey might have been influenced by her mother and her grandparents, but she’d always planned to start working at the Ministry as an Auror. She knew it wasn’t easy—hell, her own mother warned her about it when she told them—but Rey wasn’t going to falter just because it was difficult. It was better than being a paper-pusher and then she could help more people directly. But just saying that she wanted to become an Auror wasn’t going to do anything, she’d have to meet the minimum requirements first, and to do that, Rey needed to get better in her most despised subject, Potions. Sure, she had other subjects to work on, but she wanted to do well in them out of pride; it was Potions that actually important.

At the moment, Rey was in the library, scanning the bookshelves for some obscure Potions book that might help her understand what she was doing wrong. She’d already used an ancient-looking tome and tried to compare it withe her textbook to see if it revealed anything, but it only resulted in a pounding headache that made Rey want to beat her brains out of her head, so Rey decided to try another book, this time one that wasn’t written during the 11th century. A book that was marginally slimmer and much less worn than the previous one caught her eye and Rey grabbed and skimmed through it. It looked promising enough; she could understand most of it at least and at the moment, that was good enough for Rey.

She navigated her way between the many tables in the study area to her preferred spot, carefully skirting around the piles of books left by the other students in the library, most working on something or the other. Rey didn't pay them much mind—they were all here for the same purpose anyway—until she saw one student attempting the vanishing spell. Since she was heading in that direction anyway, Rey approached him, her interest piqued.

"You need to be really firm when you say the incantation and really concentrate if you want the spell to work," she blurted out after witnessing a couple of failed attempts. Realising that she said it out loud, Rey's cheeks heated slightly but she tried to fight it down. She couldn't help herself; it was transfiguration and Rey much preferred it over potions, so she stopped without noticing. Now that she was closer, she saw that it was Gavin Selwyn whom she'd spoken to. He was her fellow prefect and although she hadn't spoken to him much, he seemed nice enough, which made Rey even more embarrassed. She might've sounded condescending, which definitely didn't mean to! "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud," she sighed, shifting her weight to her other foot. "Please continue, I'll just go back to my own work." She turned to move away, hoping that he find what she did too rude.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          a txxlibraryxxxxxw i t hxxGavin Selwyn
                                                          f e e l i n gxxembarrassedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxa comfy hoodie

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:58 pm
GAVIN SELWYN __________
Ravenclaw ____________

User Image

”Huh?” he said lamely, jaw slack hanging open and everything. Not because he hadn't heard her (the words were burning an image of this moment into his memory right now) but it was because he never expected for the pretty girl walking by to actually stop and say something. Why should she? They've probably spent more time speaking to the school ghosts than each other. Odd, considering they're both fifth years, prefects, quidditch players, and friends of friends. Gavin noticed her surprise, she apologized and tried to turn away. He jumped and his chair screeched against the floor. ”Wait! What? What did you mean?” Gavin wrinkled his nose then and flustered suddenly feeling hot and sweaty so he rolled up the sleeves to his dark knit jumper to try and stay cool. ”I uuh—I just—y'know, the professors always say that, 'be firm', but what does that even really mean?”

It seemed like some grand conspiracy to Gavin. Like everyone was in on some big secret and he was the only one who didn't know. It's like whistling all over again. 'All you have to do is put your lips together and blow' they said, well he did, and not once had any sound ever come out other than 'pbbbbbtt' and he really, really, almost even desperately, wants to transfigure and vanish, but nothing seemed to work. And maybe it was desperation that found him on his feet asking this girl that he had never spoken to before to not leave him... And maybe a little bit of it was the hormones. To be completely honest, he was beginning to forget what he had even been working on in the first place all while taking too much notice of her shining winged earrings and silver snake ring. ”I can try and help you with Potions?” Gavin offered hopefully, pointing to the book in her hands that he finally noticed.

WITH WHO:: Reyna

oyehh

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:18 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

Rey winced when she heard a piercing screech and whirled around to see Gavin standing up, looking awkward and flustered as he asked her what she meant. Rey blinked, confused about what he was talking about, but then her eyes were unwittingly drawn towards his uncovered forearms. She dragged them away to look at him in the eyes when he spoke again to clarify, hoping that blush she could feel burning on her cheeks wasn't too bad; just because other boys in her year started looking good (Gavin included) didn't give her the free reign to stare, that was rude. Then his words registered and Rey shook off her stupor. "Uhh," Rey wracked her brain to find a way to explain properly.

Gavin offered to help her with Potions to entice her, which, for some reason, Rey found endearing, and she gave him a grateful, if slightly surprised and awkward, smile. "Sure," she accepted and pulled out a chair for herself to get comfortable. He didn't need to do that; she would have helped him anyway, but since he was offering, who was she to refuse? He made for a much better companion than her books alone and was certainly a better sight as well. Bad, Rey. Focus on the work, she reprimanded herself, trying figure out how to explain what she meant properly. "Think of it like giving orders to a pet, or a younger sibling," Rey added with a wry smile. "You don't need to be really forceful or loud as long as they hear your intent and you make it clear that they have to obey. At least, that’s how I think of it,“ she admitted sheepishly. It took some practise, but it worked for her, but that didn't mean it would work for everyone; people did things differently after all.

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      Please excuse my botched attempt at transfiguration theory 8'D

Essy ze Ninjaa

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 pm
GAVIN SELWYN __________
Ravenclaw ____________

User Image

Wait, what? ”Really?” Gavin blinked. ”I mean, thank you. I don't usually have anyone to study with and with Glynn busy as vice-captain and Tiernan being with Alby, I guess I wasn't really looking forward to all of these boring study sessions.” He forced an awkward little laugh as he motioned to the stacked books across his desk, then shuffled a pile out of the way to make room. As Reyna pulled a seat for herself, Gavin reclaimed his own and nodded seriously. This was no time for him to get distracted, he had to focus.

The page on his 'A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration' book was turned open to the formula, not that it helped. As Rey explained her theory, Gavin found himself nodding along and he supposed it made sense technically, but also not really? ”Oh wait, like in first year when we were bonding with our brooms?” He was one of the students to almost get walloped in the face by the broom; he had gotten so angry at the time but looking back now, it was almost funny. ”Yeah, I actually had a bit of trouble with that too, now that I think of it. Let me give it a go then,” he reached for another cauldron cake, then his wand, and gave that sweet innocent treat a hard and funny look. The book said he needed complete concentration, strong viciousness, and strong wandpower. Instead of wondering what the hell that really meant, he blocked out the other thoughts and pointed his wand. ”Evanesco,” he commanded, like one might tell a dog to sit. The packaged treat gave a funny twitch while an dull invisible knife shredded the wrapper and treat in half leaving a mess of chocolate dripping on the desktop. ”Oh bloody hell, look, it kinda worked!” He laughed and inspected the cauldron cake, showed off his accomplishment and took a quick bite. ”Oh, Reyna, do you want one?” As he turned around to his pack to grab another, a thought occurred to him. "How about I watch you try this time? Maybe that'll help a little more."

WITH WHO:: Reyna

[OOC: Lol, no worries! I tried really hard to avoid that, but man, it was just the most natural way I could think for him to try and make her stay without getting into weirdo territory. 8'D ]

oyehh

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

Rey winced sympathetically. ”Yeah, those are the worst,” she sighed. ”Better get the worst out of the way though. That’s what I’m doing,” she waved the Potions book in her hand meaningfully before putting it down on the table.

She nodded thoughtfully at his comparison with commanding brooms. "Yeah, like that. Almost exactly like that actually,“ she grinned, thinking back to their first flying classes; it felt like ages since then. Gavin decided to try again and Rey watched in amusement as he sent the cake a hard look before attempting the spell. Sadly, he wasn’t completely successful as the cake was cut in half, although Rey gave in and giggled when he showed off the results proudly. "It's certainly better than your last attempt, if not messier," she snorted good-naturedly, using a tergeo to clean off the chocolate on the table. "Have you tried visualising it as you cast the spell? That might help as well," she said, eyeing the cake before Gavin ate it, nodding with a smile when he offered her one. "Oh, sure, thanks!"

Gavin then suggested that she try the spell herself, and she blinked, wondering why she hadn't thought of that before. "Yeah, I could try it." Rey looked around for something to vanish and her eyes landed on the wrapper that Gavin practised with earlier. Well, it was either that or the books. She imagined the wrapper disappearing into nothingness then pointed her wand at it and chanted, "evanesco." To her relief, the wrapper vanished successfully; it would have been embarrassing if it didn't after the sermon she gave. She did spend most of the day before practising it in lieu of working on Potions, which probably contributed to her current situation with that subject, she admitted sheepishly to herself. She couldn't help if she preferred to do some subjects over certain. But that wasn't the point here at the moment. "Did you get anything that could help from that?"

o o c
                                                      ━━━━
                                                      Yeah, sorry 8'D
                                                      Also lame post is lame, so sorry about that too 8'DD

Essy ze Ninja

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces