Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 8, 4, 6, 6 Total: 44 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:22 am
"Depends on the party. As it stands....maybe we can talk some great clan member or so into treating us to a meal as a show of their favor?"

Naohiko stood up straight and stretched. "Failing that, who knows how we may ingratiate our selves with another great clan member. " The Kraken snapped his finger as he thought of something. "Why don't we see if we can borrow a sign or something from a merchant with a great clan patron? Surely that's a sign of favor?"

OOC:
Perception/ Investigation 4k2 w/2 dice
Target: A sign used by a merchant shop to indicate the patron's sponsorship
TN: 25
Dice: 16, 16, 8 , 4
Results: 32  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 9, 5, 8 Total: 37 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:17 am
Gendo just stops looking for a bit as he wanders, grumbling.

Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 18
Target: Crane Wedding Fan
RAISES - 3 to lower TN  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 4, 7, 8 Total: 33 (5-50)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:20 am
The little princess gave a light chuckle at the man's internal struggle. He probably didn't/wouldn't realize the realization she'd had about their 7th item, but at least he listened. If she -had- to have a husband, obedience was top on her list of qualities. Not Shoichi, of course, but if any other suitors showed up. Something she was sure would happen, and something she was grateful her mother commanded her (well, Naohiko, but she hadn't expressly specified) to avoid.

She perked up and wandered back over at the prompting, taking the drawing and examining it. She gave an appreciative whistle, "Wow, this is... stunning. Almost like I'm looking at her myself."

She gave a playful smile and a sweetly melodic laugh as she teased Junichi with a wink, "You sure it wasn't one of Kato-san's renditions that you saw out there?"

She took a step away before spinning to face them one last time with another bow, "The pleasure was all mine~ I'll certainly win now! I'll be sure to give you all an honorable mention to Lady Kioko when I turn it in. Enjoy your tea~"

And with that they were off~ "Come, Daigotsu-san! To victory! ...I don't suppose you remember the way back to the castle..."

[Perception/Investigation (Search) to find the way back to Shiro Doji!
Roll 3k2 +2 vs. TN ??
7, 7, 4 = 16]  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 4 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 6 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni, -1 paper
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 2 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 7 items collected - Preparing to return...
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 6 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 6 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 5 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 5 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 3 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 3 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 2 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri would let out a singular loud laugh. "Naohiko-san, what's this 'we' business? The Mantis haven't been a minor clan since before our great grandparents' time. Plus, everyone's ingratiated with us already. Koku makes the world go 'round, as they say. Give me a few minutes to ask around, I can get you your sign."

Whether you let Ruri go off on her own and wait, or follow her, she heads to several peasant merchants and asks them some odd questions, apparently doing some networking in the process.

In a short while, she would lead you to one such shop, apparently run by a Phoenix entrepreneur down here in Kyuden Doji. "Here you go, Naohiko-san. I figured we'd best off avoid a Mantis merchant patron, and I think going Crane would be too obvious. The Phoenix and Crane have always been allied, so I figure bonus points for creativity. His name is Agasha Minoru, he's been a merchant envoy from their clan to help manage trade vessels that come in to port."

Though she would take a step back. "You'll be on your own for this one, Naohiko-san. The Phoenix and Mantis have always had a touch-and-go relationship, and these days, it's more of a 'go', so I think it's best if I wait out here. Knock him dead!" she would finish, with as much encouragement as she could muster.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

It seems you and Kiyo have pretty much given up hope. For a moment, you thought you might have something - a wedding currently happening! There was a wall between you and it, however, but you could definitely hear it. But it was within the property of a manor, and very unlikely you'd be let in.

Suddenly, a powerful gust of wind would blow through the street, chilling you (but not affecting Kiyo as much). But it would illicit a chorus of surprised feminine gasps at the unexpected moment, and believe it or not, a fan with an emblem of the Crane would be blown over the wall, as well a few other lightweight decorative items. The fan itself would land on the street a few feet away from you, floating down innocuously.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Returning to the Castle

Quote:
To return to the castle, you must succeed in a Perception/Investigation (Search), like normal (no Void option). The TN is 20, +5 for every team currently racing to the castle. You accumulate free raises like normal, and can spend existing free raises to succeed. This dash for the castle will also count for making NPC teams advance.

NPC teams will be making their own rolls once they hit 7 items. They keep their normal bonus, but it increases by 1 after each failed roll until they succeed.

Upon returning, you will need to sell your judges on your items, which will be done via Courtier rolls, ranging from TN 5-15 for each item. This is done in one large post with a roll for each - first, make the IC post describing each item, then I will give you a TN for each item, which you will follow up with the appropriate rolls.

If you fail any roll, you will need to return out and find a replacement or new item!

NPC teams need to roll 7 dice, and they 'lose' an item for each natural 1 they roll.

As you begin your return, you would find that you were further away than you had hoped to get. Shoichi would huff a bit as he rushed to catch up to your hurried step, walking beside you but facing you as he spoke. "Kaichiyo-san, my love, I... this is going to be difficult. I'm normally not one to point out when another is wrong, since it's usually me, but I'm pretty sure we only have six items! We still need to find one more!" He seems genuinely distressed as he says this.

You fail to reach the castle in a timely fashion. You are one free raise closer, however!

Your current return TN is 25!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:37 pm
The Kraken would open to clarify his position, but as Naohiko has come to understand that "clarify himself" meant the same as "dig the hole deeper", Nahiko shut his mouth and merely went along with what the rest of the Mantis shugenja said. He did follow Ruri and try to observe her behavior without interfering in her actions. When the shugenja explained the situation to him, Naohiko nodded and headed into the Agasha's workplace. He'd have to ask Ruri about what she knew of the details of the Mantis and Phoenix's current relationship problems.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 10, 7, 4, 5 Total: 35 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 am
The little princess gave a wry smile at her partner from over her shoulder, but didn't stop her steady progress towards the castle. They'd apparently been father away than she'd thought, and the streets weren't looking familiar at all. How hard was it to find one's way to the giant building in the center of everything? Way harder than it had any right to be. >=|

"Then it should comfort you to know that you are wrong once more~ But don't feel bad, it took me a while to realize it too. Simply put, our first item was not a token of Benten. It was the very haori you gave me before the event started. A token of goodwill from the Crane you borrowed it, to keep the poor landlocked Kraken princess from freezing in this unearthly cold." she explained off-handedly as she tried to navigate these cursed streets once more.

[Perception/Investigation (Search) to find a way back to the castle
Roll 3k2 +2 vs. TN 25
9, 10 + 4, 7 = 25]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:39 pm
Gendo would move to grab the fan, so it was not dirtied by contacting the ground, and wait for a bit to see if anyone was coming to retrieve the items. After all, he wasn't going to steal anything that someone wanted back.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:32 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 6 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni, -1 paper
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 7 items collected - Returned! Judging...
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 4 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Naohiko would open the door and step through orange-colored curtains into the shop, which seems to startle a 70-something man awake in his chair. "What what what? Three koku a barrel, that's my final offer!" he blurts out, seemingly momentarily unaware of his whereabouts.

"Oh, erm, excuse me," he would say sheepishly, rubbing his eyes before standing (with a wince). Taking hold of his cane, he would hobble in your direction. "What can I do for you, young man? Do you have business with the Phoenix Clan?" He would offer a mostly toothless but never-the-less friendly smile.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

There was some excitement and hustle-bustle in response to it, but it was mostly exclaims of the blessings of the Jikoju (TN 15 Intelligence/Lore (Fortunes) to know who that is!). It seems, after a few moments of waiting, that the fan was not missed.

Item get!

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

It took you a little longer than you expected, but the way to the castle wasn't THAT complicated! Soon, you were practically on the steps themselves!

Return trip get!

Though a few hundred feet away from the gateway you departed from, where you were to return with your items, you would see the short-startured Daidoji Chikuma, who seemed a little bandaged up, with a small squad of armed and armored Daidoji. Upon seeing you, however, she calls out, "HALT!" and all the Daidoji turn and start hustling towards you.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:25 pm
Gendo just looks at Kiyo, shrugs, and carefully folds the fan and pockets it before continuing on. "So, let's see. That's three... what item next? Any preference?"  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 1, 1, 8, 6, 4, 9 Total: 39 (8-80)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:06 pm
"Good evening, Agasha-sama. My name is Himura Naohiko of the Kraken clan." the minor clansman said as he bowed to a depth befitting one greeting an honored elder. "I am a competitor in one of the sports our honored hosts, the Doji, have arranged for us. A scavenger hunt.One of the items is a mark of favor from another clan. I have come to you to see if it is possible to obtain such a mark. Perhaps an item you give to those merchants to indicate your august patronage? I would be grateful and in your debt if you could lend such a thing to me."

OOC:
Awareness/etiquette 5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to insure that Naohiko's actions and words indicate respect for the Agasha family.
Dice: 8,8,2,1,1
Results: 18-5  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 6, 7, 4 Total: 22 (4-40)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:14 pm
At long last, they were out of the maze! The gate was in sight! Victory was in sight! ...and a bunch of armed Daidoji were also in sight, but surely they weren't-

The ever-cheerful Kaichiyo twitched, her perfect demeanor slipping for just a second, but she did indeed halt, not wanting to provoke anyone so far from home. She crossed her arms and looked particularly unamused as the guards came and started pointing pointy sticks at her, but didn't say a word. Instead she started humming a popular colonial tune often used when referencing the mainland's stuffy, militaristic ways, while she waited for an explanation at such an insultingly rude welcome.

[Willpower/Willpower to resist Performing under stress
Roll 2k2 vs TN 15
5, 6 = 11]  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:07 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 7 items collected - Returned! Judging...
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 4 items collected

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo would reflect for a few moments. "Well, both of us are from minor clans, and the most minor-clan-friendly Great Clans is the Mantis. We could look for a Mantis to get a token of goodwill? They helped out my clan last century, after all."

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The man would nod at Naohiko's greeting. "Agasha Minoru, at your service. Pardon me for not returning the bow, my back's not really in it these days." He would let out a sole cackle, then cleared his throat.

"Sport?" he would ask, a bit confused at first, but you could practically hear the wheels turning. "Oh! Yes, I know what you are referring to now! That... thing! Yes yes, of course," he assures you, though not necessarily inspiring confidence in you as he does so.

"Well, yes, I have a document that I provide merchants that I am their patron, as they sell Phoenix catches and Phoenix merchandise. I'll have to adjust it, of course, as non-valid, in case it accidentally ends up in the hands of someone else by mistake. It could do a lot to ruin the Phoenix Clan's reputation, you know! Just... I need to figure out where I keep the papers. One moment." As he tells you this, he backs up a few paces, and examines the room with great scrutiny.

He seems greatly focused on recalling where he leaves these papers, but doesn't seem to be... actually... moving to get them. He may be having a spot of difficulty in this regard.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Daidoji Chikuma would lead her fellow guards towards yours and Shoichi's position - you think you see him momentarily readying his hand to go for his sword, but decide against it and put his right arm down at his side. For what it's worth, the Daidoji are armed, not armed and brandishing their weapons at you menacingly. Naginatas for everyone!

"Himura Kaich- could you please stop that humming, it's quite inappropriate. Himura Kaichiyo-san, you are currently requested to come peacefully with us and answer some questions, pertaining to why your envoy included a criminally wanted maho-tsukai, the man who went by the alias 'Shi'."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 7, 10, 8, 5 Total: 44 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:45 pm
"Please, there is no need for you to exert yourself on my account, Agasha-sama. Let me find these papers for you. The burden of work should fall on the young, and the enjoyments on those who have earned it,,,or so my father says when he wishes me to teach a class now and then."Naohiko offered respectfully. If Agasha-sama agreed to let him search, Naohiko would do so!

OOC:
Perception/Investigation (search) 4k2 w/2 dice to handle explosions
Dice: 9, 5, 7, 18
Results: 27  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:18 am
"Hm hm-... Hm?!" she asked, eyes going wide at this sinister development. She shook her head in disbelief, but quickly corrected herself and nodded. "Of course. I'll answer whatever you need. I always knew something was... off... about that man, but I never would have suspected maho, of all things..."

She shook her head against and pulled off the haori, handing it to Shoichi. "Daigotsu-san, if they'll allow it why don't you present our items. I don't know how long I'll be, but this is much more important than a silly court game." before turning to Chikuma and inclining her head to indicate that she was ready to be led to wherever she was needed. The situation was serious, but funny enough hearing that that mad man could be properly dealt with and be taken out of her hair was a relief.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 5, 5, 2 Total: 30 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:55 pm
"That may work." He decides to not mention that the Mantis weren't so keen on the Kraken.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 23
Target: A Mantis samurai.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games