Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:55 am
"I must control myself?!" Asked Valac as he scrambled from underneath Revenge's boot to his feet to square up to Vincent snarling, "I've been restrained the whole time I've been here. I've only responded kind with kind, I'm no mage and I despise them so when your father casts a spell that seems to harm an ally. Do you expect me to cower in awe of your father?! To be a coward?! If I had to do this all again knowing where I would end up? I would hope I would have the courage to do it again."

Valac then would give Vincent a slight push as Valac turned to walk away, turn his back and put some distance between the two of them before finally answering Vincent's demand with a reluctant sigh,

"Well it seems Twyla and Revenge seem to have some plan for me so... Control myself? Not cause trouble? Don't give me a reason to lose control or to cause trouble. Yeah. Sure."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:21 am
Revenge would place a gauntleted hand on his face, dragging the fingers down slowly in frustration. "Valac... just stop, and listen for a minute."

"While I personally am still hesitant to work with Kail, Abby did have a point; he is still our best chance. So, here's my take on what we should do." He would look to Twyla. "Twyla, Kail seemed to appreciate you more than the rest of us; I think, as an arcane user, you likewise have more interest in Kail's studies than the rest of us. I want you to go talk to the archmage. I think Abby was making a rushed decision of..." Revenge would frown. "Letting herself be studied. In the churches, I've met many people who had to do things to get by that they internally regretted, and how much it ate away at them. Abby has had enough of that for a lifetime. That said, with the information you just gave me, Vincent... she should make an informed decision herself, not a rushed one. I want you to make sure, whatever you negotiate, that nothing invasive or painful will be used, however. Just... what's the word... Divinations?"

"As for me, I think it'd be best if I talked to Selma while that meeting is going on. In case negotiations fall through, I'd like to have a back-up plan. Kail might not have faith in her, but Vincent, you seem to. I likewise am a man of faith, and if I can't rely on it, I think I'd bring shame upon my order. Valac, I want you to come with me, since it seems you and her got along well enough."

Revenge would look towards the gate. "I'm going to go try talking to Kuori and Shayne again. A lot of my plan hinges on their answers if they're willing to play nice. Twyla, if I can get Shayne to agree to Araethos's terms, I'd like to get him to come with you. A wizard would no doubt be in awe of a more powerful archmage, and I think that will aid you. Kuori, I want to talk to Abby, and have her explain what Vincent just told us, so she knows what at stake."

He would sigh. "Of course, if either or both say no, then that changes a lot. If Kuori says no, I'll talk to Abby, and Valac, you'll have to talk to Selma alone. If Shayne says no, then Valac, I'd like you to go with Twyla so she's not alone in there - I can't ignore the fact of how quickly he began casting spells at us. I don't think that Kail realized you are Abby's bodyguard, and you were reacting in terms of your contract with her. The fact that Abby didn't call off your attack didn't help things any, but considering the tenseness of the situation, I'm sure she didn't think of it at the time. Sehanine knows I didn't. I think you should still go with Twyla, to show Kail that if he's not casting spells against your charge, you can be a reasonable fellow..."

Revenge would make sure to meet eyes with Valac before adding, "... right?", the word dripping with hostility.

(If you want to apply my Intimidate check to this, then this is where that 27 will go; otherwise, ignore).

"If they both say no... Twyla, you'll be on your own, Valac with Selma, and myself talking with Abby." He would look to everyone, before asking, "What does everyone think?" He would give more attention to Vincent upon asking that question, especially interested in his feedback.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 pm
Twyla stopped humming and let her aura drop. "Sure! I would really like to get a chance to talk to Kail, without... uh... any other distractions! I'm sure we can work something out! But not tonight. I think right now we should get some sleep."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:10 am
"Sorry; of course, in the morning. I'm highly doubtful he'd see us again quite so soon. Even you, little Twyla." Revenge would clarify.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:32 am
Not hearing anything aside from conversation, Kuori came from the woods without her weapons drawn, announcing herself with a "We're back." Seeing that tents had been set up and a fire started. Now it was time to get the fish started.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:21 pm
Vincent would clear his throat. "Ahem. I know I mentioned my sister's name before... but now that I have a bit of a better understanding of this situation, I'm not sure if I condone her direct involvement anymore. I don't need my 14 year old sister getting mixed up with an evil government organization hell-bent on destroying all witness to their creation. I thought at first this might be a good chance for her to get some outside experience. Father tends to keep her cooped up in the manor, but I think this might be a bit much And... uh... don't take this the wrong way, but based on your group's behavior, I have some... reservations about her traveling with you alone. Anyways, let us go back inside. The servants will show you to your rooms."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya would laugh again. "Hahaha, are you trying to butter me up? As for being a maid, I just kinda drifted into it out of necessity. A girl's got to eat and get a roof over her head. The pay is decent and the Araethos family takes care of us and treats us well. I can't complain at all. I get to meet interesting people too." She added in the last bit with a wink. It was about this time a servant approached from the gate with a basket with the food Shayne had requested for the outside group. "Well, I guess that's my cue to return to the manor. It was nice talking to you, Mr. Shayne."

Kuori and Petra arrive back at the camp just in time to see the servants leaving. There are three tents set up, one large one and two smaller ones. A large basket has been placed by the fire as well, filled with food from the kitchen.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Noname 51

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:09 pm
"Same with you, Miss Hiya." Shayne smiled and waited 'til she left before turning to speak to Kuori and Petra. "You don't need to say anything, I know... I know... I have research to do, anyhow. Good night, Ladies" as an apple from the basket floated into his hand and he walked into one of the small tents.

Part of him was glad to hear Kuori's voice, then there was the constant stinging reminder she wished him ill.

The wizard proceeded to pour over the notes of his spellbook, to see if he could use arcane regents for the potions instead...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:05 pm
"Very well, I can respect that. Well, the part about not wanting a loved one to be put in the face of danger. You're in a position to make such a call. I dare not rob you of that luxury, since I know what it's like to be without it."

Revenge would wave his hand at Vincent's request. "I still have a while to go yet before I can rest. Like I said, I'm going to go talk to Kuori and Shayne. Plus, I know what being in the doghouse sounds like when I hear it. I can't even use the 'Paladin standing watch' excuse, since she has one more capable than I to do so this evening. Have a good night, Twyla, Vincent." He would give them a polite good-bye wave, before looking to Valac. "You can tag along with this paladin or that one. You're not under my employ, so I can't tell you what to do beyond that. Vincent, I'll see him out myself if that's what he chooses."

Revenge would then begin to walk towards the gate, Valac in tow or otherwise.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:50 am
"I may be smoking from a few singed hairs but I'm filled with energy! I've barely even stretched my legs!" Replied Valac as he eyed the long road back to the gate, "Plus if I'm to be restrained or in control I wanna put some distance between me and them for a while. Let's go."

Valac slapped Revenge on his backplate and jogged forward looking back to see if Revenge was going to match his pace or walk.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:12 am
Kuori takes out a small pocket knife and begins desalination her fish, getting to a bit of flesh under one row before gliding the knife under an removing the outer skin, scales and all. She cut off the excess skin and the tail fin before starting on the other side.

Every so often she would look at the mansion in the distance or Shayne's tent. Had she gotten here in time she might have asked for coffee. she didn't want to sleep here.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:49 pm
With an ostentatious curtsy, Twyla bid Valac and Revenge good night. She would follow a servant to her room, and could be overheard asking about bubble baths.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:42 am
Valac and Revenge fumble their way through the darkness in the direction they think the front gate lies. Luckily, they run into the servants coming back from the gate and they lend the two a torch to light the rest of the way. Once they reach the gate, they are let through by the guards. On the other side they see a campfire surrounded by one large tent and two small ones. At the campfire sits Kuori cleaning two large fish. Petra sits nearby as well, her features obscured by the night and her cloak.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09 am
"Good evening, Petra, Kuori. Where's Shayne?" Revenge would say as he approached the campfire. "Hopefully, he didn't polymorph himself into a fish."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:57 am
"Hopefully he did..." Valac would snidely remark.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:45 pm
Kuori said, "Naw, these are just his hopes and dreams. I always thought that he was fishy." Once her two fish were in the fire she looked at Vala and said, "See, we did need weapons. Valac, The Extra Crispy looks shitter than usual."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games