Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 pm
"Well, my inner merchant is telling me to take the safer and less lucrative deal right now. I think we should listen to Kuori's advice," Revenge would say, before turning to Valac. "You got a bit of rest in before we left. What do you think? I'm sure you're personally good, but the rest of us may be dead on our feet before too long and you may have to compensate for that."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:32 am
"And? How would that be any different than normal? You lot seem set on having a lil sleep so just do it." Retorted Valac.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:51 pm
"Then let's make camp, then. While it's being set up, should some of us scout the area? If so, who wishes to do so? Before you waste a sunrod we may need tomorrow, Ruin, know that I have an everburning torch." Revenge would wait to see what people thought of his suggestion. While a little on the tired side, a fight might be just what the cleric ordered to tucker them out so they sleep well. Plus, he'd rather a threat be faced now than when some of their number where slumbering.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:29 am
Ruin gave a shrug, before walking away from the group. Only going as far as he could still clearly see the details of the two Holy Symbols(about 3 squares) into the cave, before rolling out his bed roll.

"Irene, Could I ask for a bit of your Dwarven Ale?"

(Scouting sounds awesome, but I have a 3 in perception... sweatdrop I don't think Ruin would be much help.)  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pm
Kuori says, "I've got the scouting, I know these cave best." And she heads in, she will walk in a fair ways before illuminating the sun rod, after all, she had plenty, and looked to see if anything skittered away from the light.

Nat 20 +7 Perception  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:30 pm
(Kuori has a floating lantern and still insists on using a sunrod?)

"I guess I'll help set up camp, then," Revenge would say to no one in particular. "Does anyone actually have a tent?"

He would glance from adventurer to adventurer, before looking to Ilikan. "And I guess you're helping. Unless your tent is reserved just for you and that friend of yours," Revenge would say, giving the Warden a scrutinizing look for a brief moment.

"Irene, stay close while we set up, if you do not mind."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:34 pm
"Am I really the only one?" the warden asked with a frown, looking around a bit with surprise before realizing it seemed to be true. "Hm." He shrugged, resuming helping getting fire and perimeter set up before he worried about pitching a tent.

"Well, the lady is most in need of it, and if she's to be my charge I say she gets first claim to it," the warden ribbed back at Revenge about his earlier comments. "Otherwise, you lot all look hale enough to me. It's only got room for two bed rolls. Who ever likes can use it during my watch, otherwise... we could play a cup of dice for whom else gets cover for the night."

Sleeping under the 'stars' didn't bother him, particularly while they were still catching some glimpses of sky and surface air down the tunnels and up through cracks and crevices in the ceiling. A light bit of gaming, like soldiers often liked to do after a long day, sounded good though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:00 pm
Ruin would give a shrug following Illikan's 'Am I...' statement. "I don't know about the rest, but I used to run with a group who knew transportation magic." Laying down on his roll, the tiefling would lower his helmet over his eyes. "A tent is only a hinderance when one is home by dinner."

He remained unhelpful, because Irene supposed to have a campsite-in-a-bag trinket. Which would make only Kouri's eye for danger the only important job one.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

Irene would chime in "Oh, don't anyone worry about setting up camp; that's part of the reason why you brought me along, remember?" Irene would walk over to a clear level spot in the cave and pull from one of her magical enchanted pockets a large tightly packed satchel. She would set the satchel on the ground and undo a latch and it would spring forth into a complete campsite, including a campfire and four two-person tents with bedrolls. Irene would then explain. "The fire will last for 12 hours and requires no fuel. Here, this should cover our food and drink as well." Irene pulls out a nice smelling basket full of food as well as a small dwarven cask and sets them on a rock nearby. "I'll be cooking a stew for myself but you are all welcome to partake of it as well." Irene then sets making her own dinner, pulling various ingredients out of her many hidden pockets. She continues to grasp things through her long elegant sleeves as usual as she hums a lively tune to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Kuori scouts ahead, the cave has a very nostalgic feeling for her, even though a decade has gone by since she last walked there, however it is not long before she comes across a half eaten animal hidden among the rocks. It looked to be a dog that must have wandered in here from scavenging the battlefield. The animal had been bitten clean in half and bore marks as if it had been constricted by something. Kuori recognizes these tale tale signs as that of a roper. There must be one or more of these creatures in the vicinity. Kuori is able to recognize their strange tracks and follow along cautiously. After a bit she thinks she sees where they stop. Without getting too close, Kuori surveys the surrounding stalagmites and sees 3 or 4 of them that don't belong, but it is hard to tell. Their camouflage is excellent. Kuori knows that ropers are ambush predators so the likelihood of them seeking out and attacking the camp during the night is slim. However, these ropers do lie in the path to get further into the caverns. The party will either have to deal with them or find an alternate way around. At least now their potential element of surprise has been lost.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:38 am
Kuori heads back and squats near the fire, quietly she says, "There are four ropers around that bend. If they come this way you will likely see them coming given the moving rocks, but likelihood is that they'll wait until we pass through. They've got a long reach, so combat will likely start from afar, we should plan on how we want to deal with that. Four of them means enough tentacles for ... sixteen adventurers, so we should play it like we are outnumbered."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:41 pm
"Leaving whatever we do up to you. But, if it involves setting a big smoky fire and having the new guy toss a few of those corpses on it to convence the ropers to leave. I am sure Revenge won't complain." Ruin suggested, tongue in check.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:46 pm
"I'm a paladin. If a member of our class does not complain when presented the opportunity, our gods revoke our class features," Revenge would respond to Ruin rather matter-of-factly, before looking to Kuori.

"It seems camp is already set up, and I'm not sure how easily relocatable it is now that everything is out," he'd respond to Kuori, giving Irene a look to get her confirmation one way or another.

"I'm partial to removing the threat tonight so we have time to recover from any injuries sustained, but I do not like the idea of leaving our camp unguarded to do so. Due to the unfortunate timing, we may have to address the matter in the morning... unless you feel a smaller group would still stand a chance. Ilikan or I can remain here with Irene - or perhaps Ruin, if he's had enough adventure for one day." With a brief smirk, he would add, "That would make it four tentacles apiece, so no one would have to feel like the ropers were playing favorites."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm
Ruin sat up, and raised his helmet to look directly at Revenge. "Are you suggesting, I am too tired to jump into the fray? If so, you should ask the two who first wused out of a fight with a devil."

"But, if camp defense is an issue..." Reaching into his pack, the small tiefling produced the sleep grenade he bought. "Tristan said, this thing could temporarily drop a charging rhino. If it would ease the court's mind, Irene could hold on to this thing. Then the neither she, nor the camp, are defensless And Ilikan can help rope a roper."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 pm
Revenge would tip an open-palmed hand apologetically in Ruin's direction. "Apologies, Ruin. I was trying to give you an out if you did not want to risk getting eaten alive twice in a single day. No offense was intended."

He would look to Irene for her response to the offer of the sleep grenade, but would turn his attention to anyone else who spoke up.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:28 am
"I trust you guys not to let that happen. And if it does, to do what you can to bring me back or avenge me. As I hope, you would trust me to do the same for you." Ruin said standing up and made his way to help himself to the bread and ale. "Less I would still be with the Shadow's Court. Please remember that next time you think of my safety, when you are planning anything that would put you in danger."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games