Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:20 am
Serfie grimmaced, "I'm fine... it's fine... i'm ok" she bit out, trying not to snap at her friend but finding it hard, dragons were Impressing, she'd been hurt and manhandled, it was all getting too much but she was determined to stay til every shell had cracked, every last dragon Impressed and the hatching was over.... that or Impress herself, she still hoped, but hope ...well... it was fading, she was starting to wonder why she bothered trying.... Because she was stubborn, and would see it through... right? ... yes, but her wrist throbbed, the blood pounded in her ears, someone had DIED... true it wasn't as horrific as the past hatching but still. "Thanks Dhawsn, i'm good" she said, her lips tight but trying to be nice, it wasn't HIS fault she was hurt, or was feeling this way.

medigel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:46 am
Quote:
Tostokki [WW] - 18 - he/him/his - Bodyguard Weyrling of Bronze Ussurianth

Impression Post

I already have.

The thought slipped into his mind, holding him fast. Tosk’s eyes widened for a moment- a brief flicker of surprise that stretched into an eternity. He tensed.

One blue eye and one green eye traced the passage of the bronze dragon as it circled the group of candidates. That familiar prickling sensation returned to him, hairs standing on the back of his neck. He would not let the creature out of his sight- even if it danced into the periphery of his vision… No, there was something about it, something raw, and primal, and instinctive... something almost familiar.

That watchfulness. It was his own, yet mirrored somehow... Perhaps the dragon was preying on him? Perhaps he had provoked the creature? The people standing around him were in danger. His customary stern expression returned.

And before he knew it, the dragon charged towards them. It was agile- quicker than he imagined a baby could be. Faster, stronger- he realised in that moment he had underestimated the child. There was no dodging, no diving out of the way. The dragon had calculated this.

He set his feet in the sand and grit his teeth. The dragon pounced. Tosk had a moment to marvel at the beauty of its movement before the full impact of the creature hit him. The dragon struck his chest, and his feet slid on the sand. Tosk lost his balance and fell backwards, the full weight of the dragon bearing down on him, pinning him in the process.

He stared into the eyes of death, preparing for blood or pain... but there was nothing but heavy paws and a rainbow gaze that would not look away. Those sharp talons were controlled, marking skin but not tearing flesh, the flickering tail nothing but a warning of the dragon’s great power.

You must have known that I was yours, just as I knew you were mine. Your Ussurianth is here, and it is you that I choose, this day, and all days to come.

It felt like cracks- some part of him was cracking, breaking beneath the strain of the emotion welling up between them. There was acceptance, and love… respect and understanding… and even appreciation. Fulfilment. Completion. Parts broken, made whole. It was so totally alien that Tosk squirmed at first, but Ussurianth- this… dragon, he supposed?- held fast, keeping a firm grip as his claws broke skin.

Slowly, bit by bit, Tosk’s iron-forged defence began to erode. All of that love and affection wormed past his guard and into his heart, causing him to gasp despite the pressing lack of breath in his chest.

“Ussu… rianth?” He managed, a confused sound that seemed to have less meaning to him than anyone else. And yet… it was familiar. Just like that earlier instinct. Just like the moment he had touched that shell, met that mind for the very first time… Ussurianth was as familiar to him as he was to himself.

It was like being reborn- only, he did not lose his memories, or his physical form. Ussurianth offered him something better- a chance, hope at a future far brighter than he ever could have imagined in the darkness of Rivercrest. Slowly he pulled an arm free of the bronze dragon’s grasp, and lifted it to touch that stripey face, fingers moving slowly up as he caressed that soft hide. Ussurianth’s eyes still whirled with many hues- Impression. He realised it now. Ussurianth hadn’t meant to hurt him at all- he wasn’t looking for his blood.

He was looking for his love.

As he reached for those beautiful headknobs, his hand fell away, and he stared into the rainbow eyes with a growing sense of speechless wonder and awe. “I… can’t.” He began to say, and Ussurianth tilted his head ever so slightly.

Of course you can. The tone was gentle, but it brooked no disagreement. Ussurianth sent a wave of encouragement, forcing open the rivers of emotion Tosk had dammed shut all those Turns ago. I can feel your heart beat in time with mine. I know you. And you know me. We are together, now and forever. He pressed down more heavily, bringing his face close to Tosk’s. You cannot deny what you know is true. You cannot deny your own feelings- and our strength.

It had flooded him. Without his realising, Ussurianth had insinuated himself into his mind and heart- into his very being. He was swept up in that love and devotion that filled riders to the brim- and he wasn’t… he hadn’t thought himself ready.

But now.

Now.

Now a life without Ussurianth was empty, dull and grey. A surge of fire flickered to life deep within his gut, and struggled past Ussurianth, one hand holding the dragon as he got to his feet. The dour expression faded, replaced with something more earnest- if more emotionally vulnerable. It wasn’t like him- but Impression could change a person.

“Orry... “ He remembered the woman was nearby, and his attention shifted to her for a moment. “Good luck.” There wasn’t much more to add, really. He hoped she would be spared- nobody deserved to be mauled when they were hoping for something as wonderful as what he had been gifted.

His hand resting on Ussurianth’s head, man and dragon strode towards the feeding tables- a new life waiting to begin.

sariraii
For Orry.

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:14 am
Rykin

He kind of wanted to defend Bekah, even though he had no idea what the two of them were talking about, but Rykin remained silent, alternating between unease, embarrassment, and exhaustion. Sutures, Impression, redwort, cutie? He found himself nodding off while things were being prepared in spite of all this, and every so often he would pinch himself to try and stop. It was an ultimately useless gesture, since he had to be awake already in order to pinch, but it assured him he hadn't died, at the very least.

"Is it horrible?" he muttered at one point, resisting the urge to try and find out for himself by rooting around in his cuts. "I don't think I'm going to..." Zzz.

Revel1984
sorry about the wait!
houllow
my words are slow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:01 am
Shalaera - Bet tracking

More bets to update, always updating. HmmMMmm~

T’tain bets that the first dragon to impress will be a blue. - Loss, Green

T’tain bets that the last dragon to impress will be a green.

Shalaera bets that the first dragon to hatch will be a Green.- Win

Shalaera bets that the last dragon to hatch will be a Brown.
---
Vosin bets Killakeeth has hidden at least 5 more eggs

Shalaera makes no counter bet. - All 5 eggs must hatch at time of the hatching (AKA can't be added on at time of Graduation)

----

Candidate Jaiyce bets that he will Impress a Bronze - loss

Candidate Jaiyce bets that Killakeeth will have TWO golds - win

Shalaera counters that Jaiyce will impress a Blue. - Win!

Shalaera has no counter bet for 2 golds. - loss

-----

Qiana bets Keleres will Impress a female dragon. - NULL

Qiana bets that more Western candidates will Impress than High Reaches.

Shalaera bets that Keleres' female dragon will be amongst the last 7 to hatch. - NULL

Shalaera bets that more than half of the metallics in Killakeeth's clutch will impress Western candidates.

-------

Onyx bets that Nyrida will Impress a female dragon.

Onyx bets that there will be at least one stands Impression. - Win

Shalaera bets that Nyrida will impress a dragon that hatched from the first 6 eggs.

Shalaera bets that the stands impression - or first one if there are multiple - will be to a character that identifies male. -Loss
---------

Jacquol bets she will impress a green.

Shalaera is betting Jacquol's green will be between 22-24' (AKA 'Average' on the size chart)
---------

Astriana bets that there will be at least two whites in the clutch.

Astriana changes her second bet to impressing a blue

Shalaera bets the first white to hatch - if there are multiples - will be female.

Shalaera bets that Astri will impress the dragon that hatches very middle of all the babies. If for some reason there is an even number, sucks to be her. - This only counts for PC eggs that hatch, not NPCs at Graduation
----
Taiena has bet that Nikal will impress. - Win!

Shalaera has bet it will be a brown. - Lose!
---
Rinis has bet that more than half of the greens in the clutch will impress boys.

Shalaera bets that for every boy over half that impresses green, a girl will impress blue or brown. Ex. There are 6 greens and 5 impress to boys. That means 2 browns-or-blues impressed to a girl.
----
Dhawsn bets that there will be more male-identifying candidates on greens

Nikal bets Veikel will get a dragon - Lose

Shalaera bets that at least 1/3rd of the boys that impress greens - if over half - are from High Reaches.

Shalaera bets Nikal will impress. - Win!
------

Adi bets that at least one blue will have an adult length of 31+ feet.

Shalaera bets at least one blue will be 23' - Win!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:25 am
Matotoka

Glancing down at Ruunan - quick because he was obviously still scanning for the baby dragons that had been so upset to make sure they didn't need to run for cover - Matotoka raised his brows slightly. "There's nothing silly about that at all, though you seem to get some impression that you're standing by yourself right now when there's an entire Weyr of candidates - two Weyrs, even - standing with you," Matotoka gestured around at all of the remaining candidates still waiting to see if this was their day. "And do you really think she's not here? You're thinking about her, that means she's here."

Some people could only exist in certain places through the piece of themselves left with another.

"No need to be sorry, friend. You're doing your best, right?" Matotoka smiled - not a broad gesture, but it still gave a certain warmth to his face.

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:33 am

The Hot Pink 80s egg had begun to rock again, wobbling fit to fall over. The dragonet within was clearly testing the limits of its shell. Oh yes, it was almost time!

Meanwhile, another egg gave a shudder, and cracked. Nothing could be quite made out, but the snout, which seemed to shimmer. Or maybe that was the egg goop.

All of this was all very well and fine, but Gay Flag green had places to be! She looked around, peering into this face or that - pausing next to a healing drama that was about to unfold, hello Rykin- before doing another sweep. Where was her rider?

Excuse me. Are any of you... pirates?

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:37 am
Fivudal was ready to help the injured Candidate over to the area where he had been standing before to keep them on the sands while he helped, but quite suddenly Nonami was pulling away and saying that 'she needed them'? Surprised, Fivudal let go as the injured Candidate hobbled away into the crowd again. One thing he knew at a Touching was to never get between a baby dragon and theirs and as awful timing as it was, it seemed one of the dragons had called out the Nonami. Peering over the heads of those gathered it seemed that the dragon in question was also injured and he grimaced slightly. Oh dear... he wasn't a dragon healer but he supposed the same rules applied to dragons as they did people. Perhaps if they both made it back over here he could help them out, grab some meat and some supplies so Nonami could feed their new green while he patched them up enough to get them safely to the healer's wing.

But it seemed Nonami was well enough to help her new companion off the sands and in the direction of the feeding area. Watching warily, he made sure they did in fact make it before deciding they were both well enough to allow that bond to being properly. He stepped back away from the Candidates, eyes trailing over the sands in case anyone else needed help.

Prism Shine
He gets it, no worries! >W

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 am
Farellen watched hot pink 80's egg wiggle, before turning his head to the other egg.. what colour had that snoot been? he wondered, before his gaze was turned to the Gay Flag Egg green. "I've got an eyepatch..... does that count?" he answered her, he wasn't a pirate though... but he looked the part, at least somewhat... right?

Mr Cheri

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:46 am
Jacquol—She/Her
"There they go... I'll admit, it's a bit of a weight off my shoulders. Not that I'm not sure they're lovely dragons, just... Well, like you said. Not quite a perfect fit." If Jackie had known the depths of Tarnarnia's thoughts on color-as-merit she wold have laughed. To her it was all selfish... what did it matter what the Weyrs thought? She didn't intend to stick around too long to be bothered by it, not that she'd ever tell a soul that. Aside from Ambrin, of course. "A white's supposed to be sharding fast though. Racing along, that sounds great too! A brown... well, I've met some nice ones. I dunno. I just always imagined a green. At least, when I stop to think about it!"

There were still a few of said color looking around on the sands too, and they inevitably caught her eye. Things had settled down, mostly, and for the moment things seemed about as normal as she'd expect... uuuuntil one of the little greens politely asked the group at large (or so Jacquol assumed, given the 'any of you' bit, if they were pirates. What... really??

With an almost vicious grin, her hand shot up, nearly clocking the girl she was still hovering near in the face as she waved it about to get the green's attention. Never mind who else might notice she'd answered in the affirmative... it wasn't like she was actively pirating right now... though she had liberated that flask of wine the other day for herself and her darling beau... Still! Let them know, if they cared! She could always scarper to another Weyr if she had to, and this didn't work out! She was sure Ambrin would follow suit... right?

Andranis
@Tarnaria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:50 am
FISHER

"A pirate? Sorry to disappoint, lil lady." Fisher gave a big toothy smile at the little green who asked such an adorable question of the crowd. "I did grow up onna ship though. Just not a pirate." Maybe she wanted to be a pirate once or twice when she was growing up, and her Dads had humored her to some degree, but it was easily outgrown. She still had the eye patch and pirate flag, tucked away in her supply chest back on her family boat.

But...no one needed to know that, right?  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:52 am
Helane narrowed her eyes when the little green asked if anyone was a pirate.... she hoped not... Being a legitimate fishercraft kid, she really rather disliked pirates, they made others work hard, then suffer...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:59 am
Tonori

Tonori watched as more candidates Impressed dragons, smiling inwardly when the second gold found Hers, and then outwardly when one of the young greens asked if anyone present was a pirate. That certainly excluded him, though he knew there were a few fisherfolk among the High Reaches candidates, and some of them might have done some business on the side which could technically be considered piracy. He had never inquired too deeply into it.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:00 am

... Maybe that wasn't it. Shards. Or a beastcrafter? she asked, sitting down a moment to think. It was so hard to keep all of the touching hands straight. Which one was it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:09 am
Jacquol—She/Her
Oh. Well... that was disappointing. The hand that Jackie'd thrown up now perched in a fist against her hip as she eyed the little green. That's alright, gotta fin the right one... but her heart had been leaping there, and now nothing had come from it. She shifted on her feet, bouncing just a little on her heels to try to burn off the little surge of pep she'd gone and given herself.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:11 am
FISHER

Hahaha no, that ruled Fisher out. The only beasts she'd interacted with were the ones in the water, or whenever candidate chores had her mucking stalls with the best of them. She chuckled a little as this baby tried to narrow down whomever it was she was specifically looking for and so the fisher wished her luck. Lots of good folks still out there on the sands, including the two next to her. Or at least the one, since the girl looked positively feral at the moment. Was she okay??? The thick brick of a man seemed fine. "You a beaster? Either'a ya?"

medigel
dhaw, son
Revel 1984
serfie

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games