Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 285 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
36%
 36%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 933

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:29 am
Just finished my first Christmas crafting project~
Behold, a Jack Skellington Scarf to be gifted to my beau's sis!
(Boop the spoiler for image.)
User Image

This took forever, and there are more pieces to it than I care to actually count. >>;
I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, though, hopefully my beau's sis will like it, too.
(And if you want to read my rambling about mats and size and have the option to view the image a bit larger, pop over here to the deviation page.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:57 pm
AHHHHH, holy fudge, anon, thank you so much~!!
I've been watching that item for a while now, hoping the price would drop because I'm generally unwilling to drop a lot on an item unless it's a gift. >>;
I'm literally going to head over to my wardrobe, like, NOW and see what I can put together with it, I'm so excited!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:57 pm
Aaaaaand, I'm back!
With a new avi!
And using the last two gifts I was anonned with~
I'm kind of digging this minty/tea green color scheme, it's a nice color.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:39 pm
Queen Spazzy
User Image

This took forever, and there are more pieces to it than I care to actually count. >>;
I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, though, hopefully my beau's sis will like it, too.
(And if you want to read my rambling about mats and size and have the option to view the image a bit larger, pop over here to the deviation page.)

:OOOOOOOO THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND YOU'RE SO TALENTED!!!!! Like honestly, that is so well-made and intricate, and I can't even imagine the time and skill you put into it but it payed off and showed clearly through!! biggrin I hope she loves this scarf, and happy holidays!! biggrin  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:16 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Queen Spazzy
User Image

:OOOOOOOO THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND YOU'RE SO TALENTED!!!!! Like honestly, that is so well-made and intricate, and I can't even imagine the time and skill you put into it but it payed off and showed clearly through!! biggrin I hope she loves this scarf, and happy holidays!! biggrin

Thank you so much~
I've spent a lot of time on honing my crafting and gaining enough experience in shaping to pattern things myself (I'm honestly still always browsing patterns and tutorials to learn more because it's in the nature of the craft for new stitches and techniques to be developed all the time), so it honestly means a TON to know you like it!
I've started on my next project already (I'm making a plush for my mum), and have another planned, and one that I'm making from a pattern half finished (I ran out of yarn before I could get the throw blanket the right size and have to go buy another skein, whoops), so I'm stupid busy trying to get in all my holiday crafting, haha~
(Though it's helping me regain some strength and articulation in an arm that went all weak while I was ill, so at least I've got that!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:08 pm
Insane martial arts training comes in handy

Once per 10-week session, we have fitness week. This is the craziest, most intense workout you can possibly imagine. Last time it happened, our teacher made us do the craziest ******** thing ever:

Push his 8-ton truck around the entire dojo, forward and backward. 3 times.

Today my state got bombed with snow, hail, and sleet. I’d never driven in snow before, so I was slow and panicked the entire way, making sure nothing would happen to me or anybody else. Just a few feet outside my neighborhood, one lady’s car got stuck in ~4 inches of snow and couldn’t move. The mother and 2 daughters pushed the car as hard as they could to no avail.

The time had come. The bizarre had turned into reality. I pulled my car over and ran outside through hail, over to the family. With all our might, we pushed this much more simple 2-ton car out, enough that a guy could throw salt beneath the wheels. Using everything I leaned, I kept pushing, putting the weight equally through my body and within a minute, me and the salt man alone pushed the car onto the road and got it moving once more.

Never take your insane training for granted. You might just need those exact methods someday.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:43 pm
Today, Spazzy presents a gift for her cats.
(Boop spoiler for photo~)
User Image

My boys like to steal my projects and run off and play with them, and they don't play gently.
So, meet ratty number two, a creation just for them to curb their appetite for destroying my pieces.
You can see the hardship they worked over on the first in the bottom left.
They've had it for something like a year and a half now (way longer than I expected it to last, it's made from cheap yarn), and I finally got around to digging out another ball of leftover brown from my stash to make them a new one.
(I also used this to finally photograph this pattern I designed ages ago and upload it to dA, since I failed entirely to photograph the first one until it was too late. >>; )
It's tailless, in case anyone was wondering, because my cats like to chew and eat loose threads from, like, everything (seriously, they will try to eat my carpet some days), and I don't want the danger that would be them gnawing off an extraneous bit and needing to go to the vet because of it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:37 pm
heart

Geista

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:37 am
Queen Spazzy
Today, Spazzy presents a gift for her cats.
(Boop spoiler for photo~)
User Image

My boys like to steal my projects and run off and play with them, and they don't play gently.
So, meet ratty number two, a creation just for them to curb their appetite for destroying my pieces.
You can see the hardship they worked over on the first in the bottom left.
They've had it for something like a year and a half now (way longer than I expected it to last, it's made from cheap yarn), and I finally got around to digging out another ball of leftover brown from my stash to make them a new one.
(I also used this to finally photograph this pattern I designed ages ago and upload it to dA, since I failed entirely to photograph the first one until it was too late. >>; )
It's tailless, in case anyone was wondering, because my cats like to chew and eat loose threads from, like, everything (seriously, they will try to eat my carpet some days), and I don't want the danger that would be them gnawing off an extraneous bit and needing to go to the vet because of it.

Good job! Glad you're working on your projects.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:14 pm
Blind Blindness
Good job! Glad you're working on your projects.

Hehe, yup~
I've another just about finished, there are just a few fiddly bits left and I have to get the hair cooperate.
I can't post photos until after Christmas, though, on the off chance the person I'm giving it to knows my dA. >>;
I can't stand not having something to work on, so it seems like I'm always crafting SOMETHING, haha~

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 pm
User Image
Today, 12-3-18, I went to the surgeon and had my consultation. At the end, I received the greatest news of my life besides being told I got testosterone:

Let's set a day for your surgery.

Now, on January 23rd, 2019, I am going for top surgery by a transgender surgeon who specializes in transitional surgery for all sexes and genders. I am so excited, relieved, everything, that I legit couldn't stop bursting with joy when the workers there spoke with me, and when I got home I collapsed like a wet rag or a tired dog after a long day of running in the park, and with the solace in knowing I am finally free of my chest. I am finally free to swim shirtless, bathe shirtless, walk and run shirtless, and be who I am. For the past 8+ years, I have looked at giant protrusions on my chest covered by a holder I made so tight to hide them that it left marks on my torso and shoulders every day. I've had to breathe in knowing they're hidden when I wear something over them, then rest at night with marks dug into me reminding me that hey, my chest is still here. And now it's going to be gone. Forever. I'm free like I have wanted to be all my life.

I will be down for 1 week after surgery, but home the day of. I'll lose almost all the feeling in my breast area and nipples, and be left with two long scars across my chest. But that's ok! Because I'm going to commission Sean Parry for a Nordic tattoo that will go over the scars and around my neck, ending with Hugin and Muninn on my shoulders like Odin has. It'll be beautiful, I won't care that I have no feeling. Because no feeling is the feeling of freedom from dysphoria and anxiety attacks I have had once or more per day looking at myself in the mirror to get ready every morning. I love me. I am happy.

Today is a victorious day. smile

Update: I was so excited and stressed after I got home that I fell asleep for a 3 hour nap then woke up at 9pm and forgot it was December.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:46 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
User Image
Today, 12-3-18, I went to the surgeon and had my consultation. At the end, I received the greatest news of my life besides being told I got testosterone:

Let's set a day for your surgery.

Now, on January 23rd, 2019, I am going for top surgery by a transgender surgeon who specializes in transitional surgery for all sexes and genders. I am so excited, relieved, everything, that I legit couldn't stop bursting with joy when the workers there spoke with me, and when I got home I collapsed like a wet rag or a tired dog after a long day of running in the park, and with the solace in knowing I am finally free of my chest. I am finally free to swim shirtless, bathe shirtless, walk and run shirtless, and be who I am. For the past 8+ years, I have looked at giant protrusions on my chest covered by a holder I made so tight to hide them that it left marks on my torso and shoulders every day. I've had to breathe in knowing they're hidden when I wear something over them, then rest at night with marks dug into me reminding me that hey, my chest is still here. And now it's going to be gone. Forever. I'm free like I have wanted to be all my life.

I will be down for 1 week after surgery, but home the day of. I'll lose almost all the feeling in my breast area and nipples, and be left with two long scars across my chest. But that's ok! Because I'm going to commission Sean Parry for a Nordic tattoo that will go over the scars and around my neck, ending with Hugin and Muninn on my shoulders like Odin has. It'll be beautiful, I won't care that I have no feeling. Because no feeling is the feeling of freedom from dysphoria and anxiety attacks I have had once or more per day looking at myself in the mirror to get ready every morning. I love me. I am happy.

Today is a victorious day. smile

Update: I was so excited and stressed after I got home that I fell asleep for a 3 hour nap then woke up at 9pm and forgot it was December.

Ahhh, that's FANTASTIC news~!!
I'm so absurdly happy for you~
The tattoo sounds really cool, too, I'd love to see the design once you have it. c:

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 am
That's great news. CONGRATS!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:41 am
I love it, my dad just called me over, said that he was having to clean out his closet, and just started handing me like brand new or once used clothes.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

mariena08

Sparkly Ladykiller

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:38 am
heart  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games