Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:42 pm

User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

Joshua smiled, glad to see the dog and Tianara getting along well. Adrian flashed the girl an easy smile. "Probably all lapdogs, huh? Well, Shally's a real working dog. She helps me when I go fishing." He said easily, not realizing what his words might do to Tianara. Glancing down at the dog, he commanded her sternly. "Be nice Shally." He let go of her and she bounced up to lick his face quickly. He rolled his eyes but let it slid as the dog moved back to Tianara, wanting to get a better sniff at her odd scent.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 am

Tianara's hands, which were running lightly over the dog's fur, fascinated by the feel of this foreign stuff, went still. Her eyes flicked up towards Adrian, troubled and nervy. She gathered herself as best she could before asking, "Fishing?"

Her voice hadn't broken. Small mercies.

She turned her eyes back to the dog, trying to keep up the same lighthearted voice she'd had earlier. "Bet she helps a lot," she murmured, but the laughter had gone away for now.

Fishing was a serious problem for her and her kinfolk, and it disturbed her to think that it was something he did.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:45 pm

User Image

Adrian looked confused by Tianara's sudden mood shift. Everyone around here fished in some way or another. "Yeah. Shally and I have a little trap line we run, and do a little bit of trawling now and then. What's the big deal? We get some nice fish and the occasional lobster or other thing to spice it up." He didn't see Joshua behind him, face in hands. Adrian was just sticking his foot farther and farther into his mouth......

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:12 pm

((OOC: Booooo, dead-brained Silent is dead.))

Tianara flushed and looked away. She wasn't sure how to handle his questions. With unsteady fingers, she rubbed Shally's ears. "I..." she smiled weakly, apologetically. Her eyes were still on the dog. "Some bad experiences with...fishing. A long time ago."

She sincerely hoped he wouldn't push her any farther than that. How she was going to work it into the background Joshua had given her - particularly since she couldn't remember any of it at the moment - was too confusing to contemplate.

So she just focused her gaze on Shally's ears and willed her blush away.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 pm

((*huggles Silent*))

Adrian nodded, his eyes softening. "I won't ask anymore. It's clear it's an unhappy subject." He used the opportunity to move closer to Tianara, hugging her softly. "How about we going swimming sometime? No fishing or anything, just swimming. You, me, Shally. And Joshua." He added Joshua after a half-second pause.

Joshua turned slightly, using the motion to hide him rolling his eyes. Jeez. Could Adrian BE any more obvious? Well, actually he was being quite subtle for once, Joshua realized. And that wasn't good. Tianara didn't really know better. He sighed. This would not end well, he realized.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:57 am

((OOC: So sleeepy...))

Tianara blushed vividly at Adrian's touch. Part of her stood back and was uncomfortably aware that this was the first time she had ever touched a man who wasn't family or...well, Joshua. She felt shy and awkward, but just nodded at his first words. When he brought up swimming, she smiled very slowly. She loved swimming. "Yes, definitely," she agreed.

She only glanced at Joshua after she said it, realizing abruptly that this might not really be a very good idea. Then she changed her mind. She'd get Joshua to show her how humans swam, and how often they had to come up for air. Then she would be all right, as long as she remembered how to do it properly.

So she smiled a little more, easing shyly back from Adrian's arms. "Yes, we'll have to do that."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 am

User Image

Adrian held the hug for a moment longer before stepping back and letting her go. "Sounds like a plan." He said happily. He glanced towards the windows where the storm could still be seen battering away at the world. "For now, might as well make yourself comfy. I don't think that storm's going anywhere fast. Want something warm to drink?" He offered, leading them into the living room.

"A hot chocolate would be nice." Joshua murmured, taking a seat on one of the two couches. Shally moved to lay curled up on a cushion that was clearly hers.

"Alright. Coming right up. You want one too Tia?" Adrian asked as he entered the kitchen.

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Instant paralysis. What was he asking?

She glanced to Joshua in confusion. "What is that?" she whispered into his mind, pushing so as to make sure he heard it. "That stuff you said?"

Hot chocolate was another one of those things she had never heard of, and she had to make a quick decision now because Adrian was starting to look - to her paranoid eye, anyway - quizzical.

"Um..." Helpless look at Joshua.

Quick decision.

"Okay. Yes. Thank you," she said, stuttering over the words just a little bit, and separating them out so that Joshua could interrupt if he thought he needed to.

She looked out the window at the lashing rain and wondered if the merfolk had gotten to a safe cove in time.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:25 pm

User Image

Joshua glanced at Tianara. Whoops. He'd forgotten about that. "Hot chocolate. It's a warm drink. Sweet. You'll probably like it." He told her reassuringly. He nodded as she accepted Adrian's offer.

Adrian, who'd merely been looking curious as he waited, smiled at the answer. "Alright. It'll just be a moment." He said, disappearing into the kitchen. He could be heard clattering around. After a few minutes, there was a sharp whistle that was suddenly cut off. Adrian came back into the living room, bearing three mugs. He handed one to each of them, smiling in particular at Tianara. "I added some milk to make it creamy, and a couple marshmallows. It's the best way to drink it." He said with a laugh as he took a seat beside her.

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Tianara relaxed a little bit once Adrian was out of the room - the places he'd touched earlier when he'd hugged her had felt like they were burning the entire time he was standing there. She looked curiously at Joshua, and was about to inquire further into the strange properties of this hot chocolate thing when a shrill whistle made her jump at least a foot in the air.

She glanced around the room, looking for the source of the whistling, but when Adrian came back in she turned to examine the cups in his hands. Huh. It smelled okay, she thought.

When he handed her one, she smiled back at him with all the innocence of someone very young. She was still thoroughly oblivious to his 'special' attention. "Thank you," she said softly, gazing down into the cup now, very aware of Adrian sitting beside her.

It looked a little funny. Like really, really wet mud, she thought. Cautiously, she took a sip. Despite what Joshua had said, she was half-expecting it to taste like mud - wet and thick and vaguely fishy.

Instead, it was the sweetest thing she'd ever had. Pulling back, she blinked down into the cup as she let the taste linger on her tongue.

Weird.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 am

User Image

Joshua watched her wariness with a small smile. He chuckled quietly as she took her first sip. "Good, isn't it?" He asked her silently, sipping at his own drink. "I thought you would like it. Very sweet drink, very good. Warm too, for those cold nights." A soft whine made him glance at Shally. He sighed and patted the couch. She yipped happily and bounced up beside him where he stroked her fur.

Adrian sat quiet close to Tianara, his arm bumping against her gently occasionally. "Man, this town really gets some nasty storm sometimes. Thank the gods for hot chocolate." He said with a laugh, taking a sip. "Makes the cold nights bearable."

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Tianara was still gazing down at the cup, frowning at it a little bit. Did she like it? She wasn't entirely sure. It was...odd. Maybe a little too sweet. She wasn't used to that kind of sugar content, anyway - that much was evident from her face.

When Joshua spoke to her, she managed a little smile. I don't know if I like it. It's very sweet, and it's nice and warm. I think I do. She laughed softly at the behaviour of the dog.

Every time Adrian's arm brushed hers, her face flushed slightly, and she would look very intently across the room at something that only she could apparently see. "Yes," she said quietly. "The storms can get very bad out here."

Dark. Cold. Lashing rain and fierce winds. And a fall...

A very long fall. A long time ago.

She shook her head and pushed it all away, taking another cautious sip of the drink.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:16 am

User Image

Joshua fell quiet, listening to the storm outside. He sipped at his drink, petting the dog softly. He looked out the window, letting his mind wander. He wondered if Katalina had found a safe place for her and the others to wait out the storm.

Adrian noticed the faraway look on Tianara's face. "Something wrong?" He asked, sounding concerned. "You look......like you've seen a ghost or something actually." He looked mildly confused as to how she could have that expression.

User Image
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

Tianara looked up, startled, then glanced away shyly. "Oh. It's nothing. I was just...distracted. I'm sorry." She wasn't sure what to say to him. How could she explain what she had remembered?

Joshua would have understood, because she knew Kiro had talked to him, but this wasn't Joshua. This was Adrian, who she liked very much, but who she didn't know very well.

Could she talk to him freely?

She thought not. Not yet.

So, now looking at the dog as a proxy for its master, she said, "Just thinking about other things. I'm sorry."

Had Sorry and the others found a safe place for the night? She hoped so. It would be hard to reach them through the storm, so she had to hope.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Adrian looked at her oddly, then put an arm around her shoulders. "You can talk to me about anything Tianara. I've been told I'm a good listener." He said soothingly.

Joshua snorted quietly. Yeah. Good listener when it suited him. Otherwise you could tell him something until you were blue in the face and he still wouldn't hear a word you said.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games