Welcome to Gaia! ::

maximum ride: the angels on the move

Back to Guilds

This is based on the series Maximum Ride by James Patterson. 

Reply Role Play Forum
Freedom (A New Roleplay, please join!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXCanadaxWhoXxX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:49 pm
Light heard a voice in his mind and almost broke character with what she said. 'My specialty.' He thought. If you didn't know him, he may have seemed smug, and smug he was indeed, but only when he was sure of himself. The one thing to piss him off the most was someone with confidence who had no skill to back it up.
Then Kazumi suffered another freak-out, the next time around worse, it seemed. By the looks of it, the psychic had sent physical pain, and a lot if he wan't mistaken. "Kazumi, what's wrong?" He asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. There was no hard part to being an inside attacker unless you grew soft, like the wolves did. They were afraid of failures, so in turn became one of the failures. Maybe the sense of failing changed on perspectives. A flunky hopefully learns something from flunking, don't they? A pianist making a flop on Scherzo would learn from it if they were any good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm
Adaline smikred as Kazumi suffered. She now turned her attention to Light. Maybe she would play around with his mind a bit. It wasn't like she was actually going to hurt him. The thought of this made her smile. She felt Light's mind, and imagined a numbness, like being cut off from the world. A darkness that nothing could break. She pushed these images into Lights mind, hoping that they wouldn't be rejected. As for Kazumi, Adaline did the exact same thing. A numb feeling would be welcome after a wave of pain. Inflicting pain on others brought her joy. For some reason Adaline felt a need to share the pain she had suffered.  

keany-beany
Crew

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:25 pm
Kazumi shook her head, and almost a second later, the pain subsided and she felt like she was just there, barely. Numbness just like the one you'd expect from anesthetics came in, and she went to the ground, not feeling her head hit. She knew in her mind somewhere that she was being manipulated by something, or someone, but she couldn't focus on the fact.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:31 pm
Light watched Kazumi go blank and his brow furrowed a bit. What the psychic could do was beyond his imagination of how she carried it out.
So she could crack his mind. Light thought this as thoughts began to feel the numbness as well, being no fool and assuming it was anything, anyone but Adaline's work. He leaned against a tree and closed his eyes, trying to fight it, but it fought it's way and stayed there. He slid down a bit and he didn't move much, besides the slight rise and fall of his diaphragm.

XxXCanadaxWhoXxX

keany-beany
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:41 pm
Adaline smiled as her work was nearing it's end. She now focused on the hybrid named Aria. She focused on her and tried to force the feeling of numbness on her mind. As she did this Adaline walked from her hiding place, carefully. She didn't want to appear to be attacking anyone when she revealed herself to the rest of the flock that was there. Her goal now was to lead them into a trap. When she was finally within hearing distance, she spoke. "Hello there, what are you all doing out here?"

(Umm, where is here, and who else is active?)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:52 pm
(Myself, Emo Lunchbox, and Ameriko occaisionally but she's out of town so I'm not sure. They're in a forest right now, outside of Virginia, I think.)

Tomoyo watched Kazumi and Light seem to droop and Aria begin to do the same. Aria blinked a couple of times, feeling the fog build up and eventually canceled out any thoughts. She went numb as well and Tomoyo grabbed her shoulders to steady her. "Guys?" She asked, shaking Aria a bit. Meanwhile, Kazumi was still motionless, the fog starting to clear but still clouded to the point where she was stuck down there.
Then the girl stepped out of who knows where, and Tomoyo's guard automatically went up. She frowned a bit; the girl's scent was that of an avian's. She would have liked to get a better scent but that would mean changing her form, something she wouldn't do unless she trusted people fully. "Hi there.. Out for a walk.." She said. It was about seven or eight, wasn't it? It was a size where they looked normal, right? She hoped so. "You?"  

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

keany-beany
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:33 pm
"I think we both know that's a lie," Adaline smirked. "I think we both also know that being out in the woods is a stupid idea, and that you need food and shelter. Somewhere that you couldn't be found," Adaline tried to add weight to her words, but Tomoyo seemed to have a strong resistance to persuasion. Adaline reached out with her mind, trying to influence Tomoyo. "What's wrong with your friends?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:53 pm
Tomoyo wasn't a telepath, but she could feel her resistance getting weaker as she spoke in a way that made her want to tell her everything. "I.. I don't know.." She said, looking up at them. Out of each and every one of them, she was about the shortest, standing at about 5' 2''. Somewhere, she gathered the bravado that had seemed to have vanished when she came along. "What do you want?" She asked, shaking Aria a bit, trying to get her to come to, but she was still pretty much not there. Kazumi murmured something, coming back as the fog got out of her system.  

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

keany-beany
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:43 pm
Adaline narrowed her eyes as she felt the other psychics escape her charge. She veiled her own mind, so that it wouldn't be clear she was a telepath as well and withdrew her attack. "I want to help you. I can read minds, and I know your situation." Adaline's stance was now more open, her legs apart and her arms open wide in a gesture of welcome. 'My most insincere apologies, I underestimated the amount of resistance I would encounter with Tomoyo,' Adaline projected to Light.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 pm
Tomoyo looked at her a bit oddly, feeling like she could trust her, almost completely letting her guard down, something she normally never do for anyone. "Well.. I guess you're welcome here.." She said. Kazumi had gotten up once the fog cleared out completely and took a good look at her and narrowed her eyes. "A telepath, hm." She said, trying to pick up anything at all, but got nothing. "What's your name?" She asked. Somewhere along the way, Aria had came back, shaking Tomoyo off of her. "What happened..." She murmured, but she shook her head.  

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

XxXCanadaxWhoXxX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:31 pm
The fog had consumed Light in what was pure nothingness for only a couple of minutes, but the minutes felt like hours and could have easily been, knowing Adaline well. He felt her mind sending him a message and decided to accept it. He tilted his head a bit, realizing he had blanked out, overestimating his safeguard put on his mind. The taller wolf had come to, and so did the blonde, he had been the last to do the same.
'It's quite alright.' He thought. He almost smirked at her being insincere, something he wasn't taken aback by. Tomoyo had said she was welcome, and Erin hadn't gone anywhere. "We might not be wanting to take her in so easily." He said, the smirk he had been fighting coming on. "You know, in case she may not be what she seems to." He continued a bit, shrugging.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:52 am
Adaline chuckled, smiling now. She had to feign being happy and carefree. "Well I am more than I appear to be. I am indeed a telepath, and am being chased by a mutant from the School who blocks the powers of psychics and sometimes even fogs the minds of others,Adaline explained earnestly. She knew her explaination could have holes in it, but if it did, and she was attacked, it was a simple matter of blasting all of their brains and getting the heck out of there. "I've said before, being in the middle of the woods may seem like a good idea, but you should come with me, I know a safe place where there are more like us."  

keany-beany
Crew

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:07 am
Kazumi looked at Light and narrowed her eyes a bit. "You mean like what we did with you." She murmured. She looked Adaline in the eyes and could still find absolutely nothing in them except for sincerity. She was going to leave whether or not to follow them up to someone else, because she did not wish to be leader. She wasn't a leader. "So, what are your powers as a telepath?" She asked, crossing her arms.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:07 pm
"Aren't all telepath's powers relatively the same?" Adaline asked sweetly. "I can hear people's thoughts, and if they let me in, alter memories. I'm still working on projecting feelings and images, I'm not yet strong." Adaline now walked a bit closer to the group, she showed no sign of aggression. Putting on a positive face was getting annoying, Adaline was growing tired of playing nice. She didn't want to wait all day. It would soon come down to the choice of attacking, or joining Light. "Are there any telepaths here? I didn't want to invade your privacy so I stayed out of your minds."  

keany-beany
Crew

XxXCanadaxWhoXxX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:29 pm
Light smiled a bit at them and shrugged, not listening at all to Kazumi's comment. Of course she would be cross, look at how she reacted to him. "Well, Kazumi and Hannah, I think? Yes, she's one as well, but she's been captured by one of those mean creatures." He said. His eyes darkened without meaning to and he laughed slightly. A tinge of regret could be traced in it, but not related to his real reason there. "So, I guess this villain is close if it's affecting people here. Well, we don't have anything to lose." He said, shrugging.  
Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff