Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Questions About Sex & Sexual Health Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:59 pm
XxFlutterby_HeavenxX
How long does it take for the sperm to reach the egg?

It can take less than a minute. But it's estimated to take about 90 seconds.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:02 pm
Magical Special Crayons
uerm..
What does lubricate mean?

To make slippery or smooth (normally to minimize friction) by applying a lubricant.  

Rei Uchikino

Ananszi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 pm
I am sure this was asked and answered somewhere else in this thread so if it was.. forgive me.

How much blood is there when you have sex for the first time and the hymen (?) is broken?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:52 am
Eliza Rose
I am sure this was asked and answered somewhere else in this thread so if it was.. forgive me.

How much blood is there when you have sex for the first time and the hymen (?) is broken?

It's different for every woman, though generally I would say between a few teaspoon and a few tablespoons worth.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:25 pm

What is a pap smear? I've been reading about it, and apparently when I go to boot camp I'll have to get one.
Aaaaand what do they feel like? O-o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:49 pm
@Kitty

I believe thats where they are going to have to probe your vaginal.They need to get cell samples by taking a small brush and rubbing it on the v****a wall. The only thing that's uncomfortable about it is how damn cold that metal probe is.  

Matron Mord Sith

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:08 pm
I am your Mord Sith
@Kitty

I believe thats where they are going to have to probe your vaginal.They need to get cell samples by taking a small brush and rubbing it on the v****a wall. The only thing that's uncomfortable about it is how damn cold that metal probe is.

they have clear plastic ones too... and they usually warm them up a bit. (:

Quote:

A Pap smear is a test your doctor does to check for signs of cancer of the cervix. The cervix is part of your uterus (womb). During a Pap smear, your doctor takes a sample of cells from your cervix to be tested and examined.

To take the sample, your doctor will put a special instrument called a speculum into your v****a. This helps open your v****a so the sample can be taken. Your doctor will gently clean your cervix with a cotton swab and then collect a sample of cells with a small brush, a tiny spatula or a cotton swab. This sample is put on a glass slide and sent to a lab to be checked under a microscope.

I found the brushing bit really uncomfy >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 pm
Shinu_Rei
I am your Mord Sith
@Kitty

they have clear plastic ones too... and they usually warm them up a bit. (:

Quote:

A Pap smear is a test your doctor does to check for signs of cancer of the cervix. The cervix is part of your uterus (womb). During a Pap smear, your doctor takes a sample of cells from your cervix to be tested and examined.

To take the sample, your doctor will put a special instrument called a speculum into your v****a. This helps open your v****a so the sample can be taken. Your doctor will gently clean your cervix with a cotton swab and then collect a sample of cells with a small brush, a tiny spatula or a cotton swab. This sample is put on a glass slide and sent to a lab to be checked under a microscope.

I found the brushing bit really uncomfy >.>

Really? I found it tickled and was laughing when my doctor "smeared" me. XD  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Hamsterliciousness

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:59 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wow, there are quite a bit of knowledgeable people here! I've been really busy and sick, I'm quite pleased to know so many girls know so much!

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:08 pm
I really don't want to go on the pill, but I sort of need to with all my crazy PMS, moodswings and period issues. I don't want to go on it because I honestly just can't swallow pills.
Is there anything else I could use or do?  

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:39 am
RosesFallingLikeRain
I really don't want to go on the pill, but I sort of need to with all my crazy PMS, moodswings and period issues. I don't want to go on it because I honestly just can't swallow pills.

Well there's also the ring and the needle. The ring it this small little ring you insert up your hooch and it stays up there for 3 weeks. You take it our on the 4th week so you can have your period. I'm not sure of the cost though. Sorry.

AS for the needle, it's one shot every 3 months and I believe it only costs like $30 every time. But the side effects aren't that great.

Other then that I'm not really sure. Hopefully that was some help to you dear.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:38 am
broken_bleeding_angel
RosesFallingLikeRain

Well there's also the ring and the needle. The ring it this small little ring you insert up your hooch and it stays up there for 3 weeks. You take it our on the 4th week so you can have your period. I'm not sure of the cost though. Sorry.

AS for the needle, it's one shot every 3 months and I believe it only costs like $30 every time. But the side effects aren't that great.

Other then that I'm not really sure. Hopefully that was some help to you dear.

and the evra patch.
I used to use it, but I swapped to the nuva ring.  

delete_my_existence

AriaStarSong

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:43 am
RosesFallingLikeRain
I know a lot of people who have been very happy with the nuva ring. It's small, comfortable, and apparently fairly easy to insert (I don't use one, personally, so I don't know). you don't have to think about it during the month until it's time to remove it, so there's no worry about remembering your pill every day.
The patch is another good option, but it's a little bit move visible if you worry about that sort of thing. I have a friend who uses it and loves it though.
The Depo Provera shot is not a good option. It is not recommended for young women and teenagers partially because of how much it contributes to osteoporosis. The horomone levels are very high and can really mess with your body. It also cannot be used for long periods of time, I want to say more than two or three years? I'll check my sources on that one, but in general, I would NOT recommend the shot, especially if your main concern is just regulating horomones, not preventing pregnancy.

Also, as a note on the pill, they're tiny. I took mine without water and could hardly even feel it in the back of my throat. Everyone's different though, and good for you for looking into alternate methods if you know this won't work for you.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:11 am
Thank you, I think most of those options would be a good idea.
Except I'm pretty sure the shot is not offered in Canada.
I'll talk to my doctor, and my mom and see about the ring or the patch, though.
Thank you!  

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

Hamsterliciousness

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:01 pm
RosesFallingLikeRain
Thank you, I think most of those options would be a good idea.
Except I'm pretty sure the shot is not offered in Canada.
I'll talk to my doctor, and my mom and see about the ring or the patch, though.
Thank you!

I live in Sask, and its offered here. It might not be covered by some health care plans though.

22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games