Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie felt as if she were being left out of the loop. A feeling she didn't particularly like, but the alternative was soon made clear, and it wasn't any more a comfort inspiring feeling.

Her face remained stoic as Cybil questioned her, the only change was a thought inspired downward cast to her eyebrows. She considered briefly and opened her mouth as if to speak, but soon closed it again. There was no doubt all these kids felt they were unique, and judging by Mark, they certainly seemed to be legitimately so.

But she didn't know if she qualified per se, and as a person in general Elodie was big on research short on sharing. At least with the odd aspect of her life.

Hesitantly she said..."I'm going to need to know a little bit more...." before turning to look at the tech who came through the curtain wheeling an ultrasound, followed closely by the still wary resident.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 pm
Cybil looked mildly exasperated. About to ask About what? Have I not made myself clear?, she was stopped by the tech and resident coming in. A low snarl came from her, and Mark eased away from the side of the bed. When she was like this, anyone in range could be the recipient of her wrath - and her wrath was often expressed in the form of whatever was close enough to be thrown or smashed.

True, Cybil's temper usually ran cold. But once she started snarling, it was still best to get out of the way.

"What. The hell. Do YOU want," she growled at the tech. "If that involves anything pokey or stabby, you can just turn right around and go back the way you came. I'm not getting poked or stabbed again, not by anyone. I don't care what you think you need out of my body, you are not getting it, so you can get out now and let me leave."

Mark, biting his lip and trying - so very hard - not to laugh, tilted his head towards Miranda and Elodie, then towards the curtain. They should get out of there. He could finish explaining, or Miranda could, and Cybil was liable to hurt someone if they didn't get her out soon. Mark didn't quite trust that his newfound healing abilities would be a match for the Wrath of the Cyb.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:45 pm
I wanna be the very best
To catch them is my real test

Like no one ever was
To train them is my cause

Miranda arched an eyebrow at the snarl. Wow. And here she'd thought only dogs could produce a sound that fearsome. She was already inching towards the curtain when she caught Mark's look. She nodded. They weren't necessary here and Elodie could be informed elsewhere. While others dealt with Cybil. She hurried out of the area without drawing attention to herself. She glanced to Elodie and sighed. "Is there somewhere we can talk without being overheard?"

Clickies please? You know you want to click the adorable pokemon on my farm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:08 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
"But it's an ultrasound..." Elodie said confused." as she walked outside the curtain, "It's the least pokey or stabby thing they could do".

But she allowed herself to be shuffled out, rather than go into a whole new explanation that the ultra-sound tech could way more easily summarize.

She looked to Miranda and shrugged. "In a hospital?" Not overly, it's not like it is on TV with impossibly good looking doctors jumping into empty store rooms with the nearest willing person.... Though it's easy enough, to just hide in plain sight, no one should have enough time to listen in."

She shrugged and waited.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 pm
Mark smiled faintly as he came out to join them. "I think you'll find at this point that it really doesn't matter," he said lightly. "Cybil's been in here for long enough that she's going to start thinking everything has something pokey or stabby hidden in it."

He sounded wearily amused, but also a little wary. Glancing over his shoulder to make sure she hadn't heard him, he relaxed when he didn't see anything hurtling in his direction.

At Elodie's answer, he shrugged. "Even overhearing a few snippets would probably be enough to land us all in a mental hospital. Let's get out of the main traffic at least, okay? We can talk as we go."

Since she knew the hospital best, he gestured politely for the older girl to lead the way.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 pm
User Image
Elodie led the way out the emerg doors and headed for a spot past the smokers, which actually became the sidewalk.

She stopped a small distance from the corner so as not to confuse the traffic that might think they were trying to cross the street (not that anyone would stop, but you never knew.) She turned and waited. Mental hospital talk was not good....?

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 am
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Miranda sighed, glancing around as Elodie stopped. Well, looks like this would have to do. Hopefully no one overheard them. She looked at Elodie, debating the best way to do this. Finally, she decided blunt was about the only way she could think of. "Okay, look. What you saw Mark do? It's not the only thing we can do. We're....gifted, if you want to call it that. And there's a very good chance you are too. That was why Cybil was asking if there was anything you couldn't explain, something about you that was different."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:57 pm
User Image
Elodie thought it over. That's kind of the gist she'd gotten back inside the hospital. What she was looking for was details. Her abilities didn't seem so ...all important in comparison.

"I got that. she said trying to clarify, "I was more interested in the erm, type of...said abilities, for like comparison purposes if you know what I mean. -Not to be creepy or anything!" she added self consciously.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 pm
Mark shrugged. "Tit for tat," he said lightly. "If we tell you what we can do, will you tell us what you can do?"

Because she could do something. He could tell in the way she avoided the question. Twice now.

She was wary, and he could understand that.

But they had no time to waste.

"Because if you can't trust us with whatever we trust you with, then we're all wasting our time," he said quietly. Bluntly.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:02 pm
User Image
"For what it's worth I think you can trust me. And....sure. That works for me." She shrugged and crossed her arms.

She felt kind of bad that they didn't know they could trust her, but she was so used to having patients in the hospital do so automatically, that she didn't realize she was being sensitive.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:08 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Miranda watched her for a moment, studying her. Then she sighed. Might as well get this over with. "My gift is vision. Given something to focus my sight, I can see what is happening anywhere, right now, so long as I can picture the place in my mind. It's like watching tv. If I know what channel to go to, I can see what's going on." She said simply, not really sure how else to explain her abilities.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:13 pm
Mark hesitated a moment longer, but eventually, he too spoke up. "I can see things as they are," he said quietly. "Settings, things, people. It's like a photograph for me." Then he looked down at his hands. "And...whatever it was that I did with Cybil. I can do that." He smiled a little, weakly. "I just found that out myself, so there's not really much more I can say about it."

He could see that Elodie was a little upset that he didn't trust her right away, but he couldn't. He didn't know how.

It had been such a long time since he'd been able to trust implicitly. Cybil was the lone exception.

"Cyb..." He trailed off and glanced back at the hospital doors. "I think I'll let her tell you what she can do herself."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 pm
User Image
Elodie seemed a little confused, she didn't quite understand Marc's gift, not the blue light one- the present picture seeing one. But she figured maybe he meant places he wasn't currently around.

Still that brief moment of insight passed as they came to the end of their list of abilities. She thought it fair that they leave Cybil's reveal for her. In the end though she thought maybe...she didn't belong after all.

A small disappointed sound escaped from her throat. It sounded like a small..."rm..." but fair was fair.

Quietly eyes averted and head tilted she mumbled. "I....I can ...um, read. Anything." She shrugged. It seemed a fairly useless talent for someone who wasn't a super spy.
"N, sometimes I can finish other people's sentences. "

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:16 pm
Mark, far from being disappointed, looked fascinated. "That would be perfect," he murmured. "Someone will have to transcribe that damned journal when we finally find it, after all. She may have written in English, but it'll be so old and faded..."

He tilted his head as she finished talking. "Maybe some kind of telepathy," he muttered to himself. "That could be useful, too."

((OOC: Bleh. Uninspired. Sorry. >.> ))  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Miranda nodded thoughtfully. "That would definitely be useful. Then we wouldn't have to spend time trying to figure out what Abigail was trying to say." She said with a small smile. "Welcome to the world of craziness, Elodie." She chuckle quietly. "It's only going to go downhill from here, trust me. Sad but true."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff