Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:08 am
Mmm...we have a problem then. Kojiro tends to blend into the background whenever he can. ninja

If Kagae were a Yasuki it would be easier. Kojiro is related to the Yasuki through his mother's side. Hrrm Hrrm.... Sorry. ATM I don't think Kojiro has a real reason to talk to Kagae just yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:09 am
Plainsfox
Mmm...we have a problem then. Kojiro tends to blend into the background whenever he can. ninja

If Kagae were a Yasuki it would be easier. Kojiro is related to the Yasuki through his mother's side. Hrrm Hrrm.... Sorry. ATM I don't think Kojiro has a real reason to talk to Kagae just yet.

Dammit... Not even intrigue? Ah well.
Well I'm going to have lunch and attend a d&d game if you still have wish to speak to Kagae I will talk back later.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 am
Okidok. I'll think of something in the meanwhile maybe. I have half of an idea already.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:29 am
Light chitter chatter. Ball's in your court.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:17 am
Hrrm...this is interesting. If I'm reading the bracket right, Seichiro may fight all the PCs involved while Kojiro will only fight one PC. Kojiro has the potential to fight both of the remaining Crabs in the tournament. Kagae might have the opportunity to face both Scorpions in the tournament.

Of course, this is a big what if.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:48 am
Plainsfox
Hrrm...this is interesting. If I'm reading the bracket right, Seichiro may fight all the PCs involved while Kojiro will only fight one PC. Kojiro has the potential to fight both of the remaining Crabs in the tournament. Kagae might have the opportunity to face both Scorpions in the tournament.

Of course, this is a big what if.

Scorpion SCUUUUM!  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 pm
Watch the Denbe/Sosuke fight closely. you'll have to fight the winner. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:46 pm
Mongooseh
You expected Kuni to win that fight? I was surprised she was even in the martial duels. And remember you are talking about a crab dedicated warrior there. I beat someone without being dedicated if I was rolling weapon smithing instead of kenjutsu to beat someone it would be much easier.

She attacked with 5k3, and damaged with 7l3 with her Tetsubo of Earth (Rank 1 Earth spell). She also has the Death Trance advantage, and an Earth of 3.

Why couldn't she?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 pm
Rain Yupa
Mongooseh
You expected Kuni to win that fight? I was surprised she was even in the martial duels. And remember you are talking about a crab dedicated warrior there. I beat someone without being dedicated if I was rolling weapon smithing instead of kenjutsu to beat someone it would be much easier.

She attacked with 5k3, and damaged with 7l3 with her Tetsubo of Earth (Rank 1 Earth spell). She also has the Death Trance advantage, and an Earth of 3.

Why couldn't she?

Because I didn't know...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:58 pm
I don't really expect to win. I made my character as a capable, but not dedicated combatant- and did so while having zero knowledge of this system.

Also, my rolls.

That and Denbe is smart, but fond of a dash of wrecklessness. I think my plan so far for this fight is "do something impressive." If I wanted to win fights I think I would have focused on defense and counter-striking.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:03 pm
Psychofish
I don't really expect to win. I made my character as a capable, but not dedicated combatant- and did so while having zero knowledge of this system.

Also, my rolls.

That and Denbe is smart, but fond of a dash of wrecklessness. I think my plan so far for this fight is "do something impressive." If I wanted to win fights I think I would have focused on defense and counter-striking.

Realise a good plan with supported luck can win you a fight like it did me. Lets just compare something.

Kaiu Kagae if he was in a sword crafting competition he gets: 7k4

Now in the martial duel Kaiu Kagae only gets 6k2 it would be 5k2 but Crab hands advantage.

Im doubly as effective at crafting but with some tactile thinking and luck you can win.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:17 pm
Mongooseh
thinking and luck
Denbe is doomed.

I think he'd fight smart if this guy was some loathsome opponent, but he asked for an honorable duel. That's just like a "SHOW ME YO MOVES".

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 pm
Hrrm... you can yield if you want. that's allowed in this tournement.

It may be a good idea. We don't know what the next day's events might entail.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:27 pm
I have been informed by rain that there will be no tea until after the duels. This makes me a sad panda.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:16 pm
Winners get healed by shugenja with Path to Inner Peace. Losers get healed with medicine skill checks, and the shugenja will attend to them tomorrow. Otherwise, the time between battles is only as long as it takes to clear the area, and everyone is kinda standing around.

Also, Oni no Sadpanda laughs at your pitiful attempt at despair.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games