Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 9 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 1, 3, 2, 7, 4, 1, 10 Total: 31 (9-90)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:24 pm
@ Kyujutsu Duel:

"Sorry, but I have no intention of missing. So I'll see you in the Iaijutsu duels." He smirked towards Sozen before stepping up. He frowns as he lifts his Hankyu. After the second round he'd no longer be able to accurately shoot. Still, he drew the arrow back.

6k4, calling two raises for TN 15.

7-9 are explody

Edit: 14, 40 points.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 9 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 4, 8, 9, 7, 4, 3, 1 Total: 46 (9-90)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 pm
He frowns as the arrow sticks into the 40 point ring. Must be rusty. Drawing a second arrow, he tries again.

Same roll, two raises, TN 15

33, 60  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 9 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 4, 6, 3, 6, 2, 3, 5 Total: 41 (9-90)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 pm
Thunk! Right in the 60 mark. Good. Slowly drawing the last arrow, he exhaled slowly before releasing.

Same roll, same raises.

25, 60

Total points in 3 shots, 160.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:30 pm
@ Kyujutsu Duel:

The Crane lowered his bow and bowed to the audience, leaving the shooting range. He stopped and turned back to watch when he reached Sozen.

"Exhale slowly before you fire and stay calm. If you try to show off then your not focusing on the target. Please remember that, Sozen-san. I don't want to loose such an interesting rival."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:22 am
Seichiro also applauded the one-eyed female's marksmanship, because like him, she also lost the ability to use an eye. That alone made him respect her even more. Ain't easy rocking the one eye.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 2, 4, 4, 5 Total: 25 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:42 pm
@ Daidoji Training Grounds, before the start of the competition:
Rain Yupa
Toyoko grinned broadly, and pulled Kyumi aside. "My yojimbo found out that two of the Crane competitors are in the Archery contest, and one is in the Storytelling contest."

Regarding the studying of the scroll, Toyoko would brush it off. "Pffffft. Taryu-jiai duels are covered in the Phoenix shugenja school. Never tried the avatar variant, but it looks just as easy. If you browse it a few minutes before the match, you should be fine. Come on, let's hurry!"

Kyumi, do you give in to the peer pressure and go watch the bushi?

Kyumi would give in to Toyoko's suggestions, but even while they watched the other competitions, the Lioness would be seen at least glancing through the scrolls when she thought she could get away with it. While Toyoko might not have been worried, this was more than a little different than what Kyumi had grown up studying. Her schooling had focused on healing and communicating with spirits & the ancestors, not dueling with elemental avatars...

-----------------------

@ Taryu-jiai Duels:
Rain Yupa
Kitsu Kyumi vs. Tamori Makoto

"There will be only one more match-up in this first round. Will the Lion Kitsu Kyumi and the Dragon Tamori Makoto please step forth?"

Makoto would take his place on one side of the drawn circle, bowing slightly. "It's a pleasure to speak with you again, Kitsu Kyumi. This kind of activity isn't my specialty, but let us try our best anyways, hmm? This is my first such duel, and if its to my liking, then I might develop another hobby yet." It's uncertain whether or not he was joking about that, but he was smiling regardless of your interpretation.

Kitsu Kyumi! Make an Awareness/Spellcraft (Assessment) roll vs TN 5! Any raises you declare will teach you one additional fact about your opponent.

Makoto is calling three raises, and trying to learn as much about you as he can. {Spellcraft roll of 21 vs TN 20. Phew!} He would like to know the four following facts about Kyumi: Her Earth Ring, her Fire Ring, her Water Ring, her Air Ring.

Kyumi would quickly approach and take her place before bowing to Makoto. She flashed him a friendly smile, as she so often did. This time, however, it betrayed her nervousness somewhat. "It's good to see you again, Tamori-san. Let's both do our best!" She did her best to sound far more enthusiastic about the event than she should in an attempt to help cover up some of her anxiety.

(( 5k3; with 2 raises- 23 vs TN 15; Kyumi would like to know Makoto's highest ring, lowest ring, and Earth ring. ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:27 am
@ Taryu-jiai competition:

Tamori Makoto's highest rings are Earth and Void. His lowest rings are everything else. His Earth ring is 3.

Declaration

"Unlike your friend Toyoko-san, I do take pride in my emphasis. Throw everything you have against my Earth, and I will repay you in kind, Kyumi-san!"

With scroll in hand, he would summon forth an avatar of earth, though this one was different from Kaori's. His would be made of tiny pebbles and sand, taking a rough humanoid shape as it stood near the center of the ring. Sand would filter off and define it's form, forming a shirtless, well-muscled monk.

{Earth-3 Water-1 Fire-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH=12, 3 wounds/level}

It looks eater to rumble with a 21 initiative!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:52 am
@ Kyujutsu Competition:

After Zanzen places for the first round, Isawa Sosuke would take his place at the final lane, bow in hand. Without a word, he would carefully aim his first shot, and with 3 raises, let an arrow fly... striking the very center of the target! {34 vs TN 20, 100 points!}

Taking careful aim once more, his nocked his second arrow, and planted a second arrow almost rubbing up against the first! {28 vs TN 20, 100 points!}

He readied his third arrow, but apparently the pressure of getting a perfect score got to him, and he missed entirely. {13 vs TN 20}

He let out a relieved sigh nonetheless. "I am but a humble yojimbo..." he would tell himself, before turning and bowing to Doji Kita, then leave his area.

"Well now, Kojiro-san... it looks like you have competition." she would say, biting her lip as she watched him walk back. {52 on Etiquette (Sincerity) this time}

"Well done, everyone! The first round is over, and everyone but Mirumoto Sozen moves on to the second round! It will be several minutes before the staff have the targets lined up correctly, so relax, and we will begin shortly!" She would then leave the group to observe the replacement of the targets, and removal of expended arrows.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 9 Total: 24 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:06 am
Kojiro took the down time to look over the bows the competitors were using. His father had told him about some of the bows used among the tribes of the burning sands and he was curious to see if any were in use here today.

OOC: Intelligence roll vs. 5 to recognize what types of bows are in use.

Total: 33  
Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:07 am
Splodey Die  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 am
@ Storytelling Competition:

{Ujina Denbe's Story: Critique TN of 33.}

After murmurs and chatter about the story ended, the participants of the competition would begin their critiques, starting with Yoritomo Susumu.

"Heh. An amazing tale. Wonderfully spun, and by a Minor Clan, no less." he would grin broadly, resting his hands behind the back of his head and leaning back. {Critique of 13 vs TN 33}

"Very good story, lad! You sure you're not a Sparrow? I loved it. Also, if you know any lucky Hare women, send them my way, I could use the luck!" Hida Hogai would boast loudly, guffawing at the tale. {Critique of 13 vs TN 33}

Ide Jiro would not be nearly so loud, but he would be smiling broadly. "An excellent tale to tell that predators aren't the only ones who can be truly cunning." {Critique of 20 vs TN 33}

Kitsuki Wazuka would finish her tea as Jiro finished his analysis, before giving her own. "So, in the end, the fox was brought to justice. That is all that I need to hear." {Critique of 21 vs TN 33}

Doji Koan would grumble, arms crossed over his chest. "It was a... passable story." {Critique of 15 vs TN 33}

Asako Sumi would seem less than interested, and didn't respond until everyone's eyes turned towards her. "Oh. Uh... it was fine, for a fable." she would say quietly, seemingly less than interested. {Critique of 10 vs TN 33}

The monk Kan would be last, nodding to Benjiro. "I found the tale rather riveting, and told by someone who has a very skilled tongue. There are many great things in store for you in your future, I'd think." {Critique of 30 vs TN 33}

Kaiu Kagae, review, please!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 pm
Kagae was slightly startled when the attention was brought onto him. He shifted nervously before clearing his throat to give his review.

"... A really good tale, I enjoyed it..."

(15 critique)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:30 pm
@ Kyujutsu Competition:

The targets are placed 100' away, and are ready for Seichiro to lead off!

Seichiro, the base TN is 10!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:33 pm
@ Storytelling Competition:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As plates of grilled fish and bows of rice and soup are brought out, everyone looks to Kaiu Kagae to tell his story.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:39 pm
{Story telling roll 1K1}  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games