Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Undergoing Character Creation Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Announcement on pg. 37
  ^u^ ~<3
View Results

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:41 pm
RafeRavel
Alzzak
would it be alright if I build a race instead?

For the sake of ease, I'm gonna say no. After all, this is a source material only campaign. If Monkey Grip isn't going to be allowed, a home-brew race is gonna fall into the same boat.
arononkorr
Rafe? does my character look better?

It looks fine, I suppose. No one was requiring you to change your character to begin with, it was a choice you made. Anywho, given what I've seen, it'll probably pass inspection.

I only asked cause, praizo released the http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/arg-creating-new-races

So it wouldn't really be homebrewed persay... but alright  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:49 pm
Alzzak
RafeRavel
Alzzak
would it be alright if I build a race instead?

For the sake of ease, I'm gonna say no. After all, this is a source material only campaign. If Monkey Grip isn't going to be allowed, a home-brew race is gonna fall into the same boat.
arononkorr

It looks fine, I suppose. No one was requiring you to change your character to begin with, it was a choice you made. Anywho, given what I've seen, it'll probably pass inspection.

I only asked cause, praizo released the http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/arg-creating-new-races

So it wouldn't really be homebrewed persay... but alright

I expected as much, but for right now, I'm still going to call a no. iLL and Terei may have other feelings, so go ahead and build it if you like, but be warned... Terei is not forgiving to anything half-assed. Make sure you design a race, not a set of stats you want to play. And Gods help you if it's a human with powers...  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 pm
arononkorr

Well, it was mentioned that me or another person wouldn't be accepted cause both f us had witch characters, so i made the change to a gunslinger buccaneer. I think it works.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 pm
Renati
Type outsider(native) 3 RP

Size Tiny 4 RP

Base Speed Slow Speed -1 RP
Flight (8 RP) flight speed 50 av

Ability Score Mixed Weakness (–2 RP)
[-4 str, +2 dex, +2 int, -2 cha]

Languages Xenophobic 0 RP

Racial Traits

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision 60 ft.
Light Blindness (–2 RP)

10 RP Total

If you want I can build a back story for the race itself

Still can't believe Xenophobic, doesn't carry a negative  

Alzzak

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:33 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23144212

There ya go if the back story seems screwy I'm a bad creative writer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:50 pm
Alzzak
Renati

Size Tiny 4 RP

Racial Traits

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision 60 ft.
Light Blindness (–2 RP)

10 RP Total

A race doesn't have a 'back-story', it has a history. And without one, my 'No' vote becomes even stronger. Without a racial history, it's nothing more than a set of stats you want to play.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Alzzak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:59 pm
RafeRavel
Alzzak
Renati

Size Tiny 4 RP

Racial Traits

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision 60 ft.
Light Blindness (–2 RP)

10 RP Total

A race doesn't have a 'back-story', it has a history. And without one, my 'No' vote becomes even stronger. Without a racial history, it's nothing more than a set of stats you want to play.
That is cool, in truth I have one... just have to put it down on... any length you want... or would a few paragraphs work? Just trying to figure out if I have to expand what I have  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:13 pm
Alzzak
RafeRavel
Alzzak
Renati

Size Tiny 4 RP

Racial Traits

Senses Racial Traits
Darkvision 60 ft.
Light Blindness (–2 RP)

10 RP Total

That is cool, in truth I have one... just have to put it down on... any length you want... or would a few paragraphs work? Just trying to figure out if I have to expand what I have

Personally, I'd want a physical description, a society structure, relationships with other races, common trades and skills, and magical tendencies.
iLL iNTENT

What do you think iLL? If I'm being dragged into this leadership role, so are you! XD  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:15 pm
Can I get an assessment of my character rather than this storm of homebrew gone wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm
Mongooseh
Can I get an assessment of my character rather than this storm of homebrew gone wrong.

I apologize for the delay, have been a bit distracted at being as polite as possible. You people are lucky that I'm not as big of an a*****e online as I am in person! Anywho, I do like the back story myself, and suspect it'll pass the Terei test... though, it's hard to tell with her sometimes. If I calculate correctly, however, you should have 37 HP:
1: 10+1
2: 6+1
3: 5+1
4: 6+1
5: 5+1
= 37

Also, it doesn't look like you've spent your Favored Class points for HP or Skills, as I assume his Favored Class is Fighter. So that's 4 points to spend on HP, Skills, or +1 to the fighter's CMD when resisting two combat maneuvers of the character's choice. Everything else looks good to me though. I particularly like the picture provided, helps me visualize the character better.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:30 pm
Wait so we get max at first? Since I was told average I just (5.5x5)+5 which ends up around 31. So I should have 37? And what are favored class points? Truth be told I have never come across them I just assumed that extra skill points would be covered by the extra for being human.

RafeRavel

Edit: Nevermind I read the srd and now I understand the favored class points I'll just put them all into hp.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:37 pm
Mongooseh
Wait so we get max at first? Since I was told average I just (5.5x5)+5 which ends up around 31. So I should have 37? And what are favored class points? Truth be told I have never come across them I just assumed that extra skill points would be covered by the extra for being human.

RafeRavel

We're doing Max first, and then average, which works a little counter-intuitively than I expected as well. Technically, the median of the die is a decimal, so we round up on even levels, and down on odd levels. Thus, with a d10 hit die, you'll get 6 points on even levels, and 5 points on odd levels, plus Con modifier on points.

Favored Class points are a bonus that encourages sticking to one class, rather than multi-classing. Basically, you get a bonus point to spend each time you gain a level (not for every level... no bonus points for level 1) to spend on HP, Skill points, or perhaps a bonus ability based on your class and race - not all class/race combinations have a specialty bonus.

I do hope I'm being clear, and not confusing you with a bunch of nonsense.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:44 pm
RafeRavel

I've made the changes. Is everything okay now?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:48 pm
Mongooseh
RafeRavel

Looks like you have one more HP than you should, assuming all of your Favored Class points are in HP, but otherwise, I'd give it a stamp of approval. Now, we wait for the other sheets to be finished, and Terei to return and make the final decision of which sheets are accepted.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:49 pm
RafeRavel
Mongooseh
RafeRavel

Looks like you have one more HP than you should, assuming all of your Favored Class points are in HP, but otherwise, I'd give it a stamp of approval. Now, we wait for the other sheets to be finished, and Terei to return and make the final decision of which sheets are accepted.

Huzzah!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games