Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 pm
Louisa Iris
Oh I see. Then I suppose that's it. sweatdrop Oh well, it'll pay off in the end!

I think you fish it out of the water in Route 1. I'm pretty sure you need a Super Rod. xD But yeah, to get one you'd need to trade it with a Prism Scale.

You've dropped classmate's name on what list? I'm not sure what you mean. But you're right, if they just get on your nerves far too much and don't try and be any better, then there is no point in putting up with them anymore.

Wow. Then I'm even more wowed by her, doing it without any kind of support. In America it's getting more and more common for children to stay with their parents through college, and even into their late 20's. The economy is pretty bad and people just can't get on their feet as easily anymore. That's really sad that they really wanted her to quit school just to take care of the child. There is no reason for her to give up her life when she can continue to do both.
Yeah. c: And after she's done with her studying and goes to get a really good job, it'll have all paid off in the end and they'll have a better life together.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:49 am
Yokies
Oh I see. Then I suppose that's it. sweatdrop Oh well, it'll pay off in the end!

I think you fish it out of the water in Route 1. I'm pretty sure you need a Super Rod. xD But yeah, to get one you'd need to trade it with a Prism Scale.

You've dropped classmate's name on what list? I'm not sure what you mean. But you're right, if they just get on your nerves far too much and don't try and be any better, then there is no point in putting up with them anymore.

Wow. Then I'm even more wowed by her, doing it without any kind of support. In America it's getting more and more common for children to stay with their parents through college, and even into their late 20's. The economy is pretty bad and people just can't get on their feet as easily anymore. That's really sad that they really wanted her to quit school just to take care of the child. There is no reason for her to give up her life when she can continue to do both.
Yeah. c: And after she's done with her studying and goes to get a really good job, it'll have all paid off in the end and they'll have a better life together.

User Image User Image

Yeah, it'll all work out soon. Actually, just one more exam then I'm done with my hell week, as we call our cramming periods rofl

On Route 1 eh? All right, thanks. As you know, I am planning on completing the Pokedex list in Black. I'm just a couple o' more Pokemons 'til my Unova list is done. Soon, I'll be going around for the National Dex, and I need to know where every single one's located sweatdrop

Well, to put it simply, I did not include their names on the cover page of our paper. You see, most of our teachers grade the names that are listed on the cover page. If they don't do their work, or they just whine and do nothing satisfactory, then I don't include them on the list. I just write a short note to the professor explaining what and why I had done that. I mean, come on! We work hard for our grades, and you're not just going to free-load on us.

Yeah, I really do admire her. She was the person I was telling you about regarding asking suggestions/advice. It was after she gave birth, and she did not know whether to start immediately with school or to apply for an extension of her leave of absence to settle down first.
      Actually, I was very disappointed in her. She was such an intelligent person, much more smarter than me when it comes to academic criteria. But everything went haywire just because she got pregnant. So I'm really glad that she was able to pull through, and I am hoping that it will continue until she graduates.
      Yes, a better life away from all those who destroyed her life, including her parents and boy friend, because he's the only one we just don't see eye to eye.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 am
Louisa Iris

Well that's good. xD Going to have time to rest? At least a little?

That's exciting. :U I've never completed a Pokedex, on any list lol. I "completed it" in Sinnoh (basically you got a reward for "seeing" all the Pokemon, which isn't hard if you battle everyone, then you moved onto "catching 'em all") but that's about the extent of my effort. xD

Ooh I see. That definitely paints the picture better for me. You're right to do that though, if the person isn't willing to do any work then they don't deserve to have a part in your grade. Don't give them a free-ride through that stuff, because they're not even making the effort to learn or try, I'd rather them not go out into whatever they're studying to do anyway because... well they're not even trying.

Oh. I guess with that situation I can kind of see why she wasn't sure of herself.
It's very easy to be disappointed at first. I mean she didn't even know what she was going to do, but sometimes even if someone is really smart in some ways doesn't mean they are in others. She and her boyfriend messed up (though I notice you seem to put more blame on him, is there more to the situation?), and even though she probably figured people were disappointed in her, she got through it anyway.
That's the best part for her. She's working to be able to live on her own so she'll never have to see them again, or ask them for help.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:29 am
Yokies

Well that's good. xD Going to have time to rest? At least a little?

That's exciting. :U I've never completed a Pokedex, on any list lol. I "completed it" in Sinnoh (basically you got a reward for "seeing" all the Pokemon, which isn't hard if you battle everyone, then you moved onto "catching 'em all") but that's about the extent of my effort. xD

Ooh I see. That definitely paints the picture better for me. You're right to do that though, if the person isn't willing to do any work then they don't deserve to have a part in your grade. Don't give them a free-ride through that stuff, because they're not even making the effort to learn or try, I'd rather them not go out into whatever they're studying to do anyway because... well they're not even trying.

Oh. I guess with that situation I can kind of see why she wasn't sure of herself.
It's very easy to be disappointed at first. I mean she didn't even know what she was going to do, but sometimes even if someone is really smart in some ways doesn't mean they are in others. She and her boyfriend messed up (though I notice you seem to put more blame on him, is there more to the situation?), and even though she probably figured people were disappointed in her, she got through it anyway.
That's the best part for her. She's working to be able to live on her own so she'll never have to see them again, or ask them for help.

User Image User Image

I try to take little breaks in between... particularly when my brain turns into a big massive collection of goo rofl

I have "finished" Hoenn's Pokedex. Finished in the sense that the only entries missing are the trade ones. Although, after finishing one, I don't really know what else I'm supposed to do there. I once tried training a complete new party, starting from my hometown then going to all the other towns and cities. But I gave up after the second city.. I just missed my Ninetales rofl

You know, I'm actually really very lenient when it comes to group work. If I know that that person is unreliable, I usually just give them the easiest of the tasks, like compile this data or print this form out, then I give them full credits already. I mean, that's better than giving them big duties and then having to redo everything because they flunked out on it. At least, they were of some to the group. I only do that when I already give them the easiest tasks, and yet they still suck on it.

Yes, I put a lot of blame on her boy friend, because I know that if he hadn't influenced her to do it with him, she wouldn't have done it at all. Actually at first, I kind of approved of Dave (let's call him that). But then, she started telling me stories of how he cries a lot just because Elly (let's call her that) won't listen to him. Dave doesn't want Elly to be with other guys (including work groups in projects) because he's easily jealous. And he did a lot more stupid things after she had her baby to ensure me that he really is a good-for-nothing son-of-a-b***h. Oh, and include his family too. I don't know what makes her stick to him, when all they do now is fight, fight, fight.
      Yes, I'm really hoping that one day, she'll realize that they're not for her and that she'd leave them all. She really is best without them.

Sorry, if I rant about my personal problems... it's just that she really frustrates me at times.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:16 am
Louisa Iris

I suppose that is better than doing work and then taking rests at the end. xD Breaks are good.

You tried doing it without restarting the game? o.o That would be pretty boring I would think. xD So that could have contributed to the fact that you didn't want to continue lol.

Well you're better with it then me, anytime someone couldn't do just about equal work as everyone else they didn't get as good of a grade. Giving them full credit for doing almost no work or the easiest work doesn't sit well with me. If they can't even help with the hard work then I don't think they deserve the same grade I do.

I understand wanting to blame him for influencing her, but if she really didn't want to then she should have stood her ground. I mean I know it's a terrible thing to be pressured into doing something like that, but it's not really all his fault unless he just forced himself on her (I would hope it never came to that). But you're right, even doing that alone makes him a horrible guy. Jealousy should never be an issue either, it's stupid to have it affect you so badly that you don't even want your partner with the opposite sex when working on a project. That's just so stupid. Unless she was out flirting with every dude she was around, he shouldn't have been jealous. And even then that's still not grounds to tell her who she can and can't hang out with, that's something you talk about and get to the bottom of and if you can't, you break up. No matter what you are to the person, you can never control them, both of them need to see that (for him, he can't just control her, and for her, she shouldn't be controlled).
Sometimes it's hard to understand why people stay, even if the relationship is no good for them. Maybe she thinks he's the only guy who will take her now, maybe she doesn't want to completely lose him just so he's at least kind of in the child's life, maybe she thinks if she keeps doing well she can get him to be better as well. There are a bunch of options but really, only she would know and only she can decide to give up on him or not.
Though hopefully she decides to just drop all of them and get full custody of her child eventually. If all they do is fight, that's no environment for a kid, and it really is better for a child to have one happy parent than two miserable parents.

It's alright, if you need to talk about anything then you can rant away haha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:44 pm
Yokies

I suppose that is better than doing work and then taking rests at the end. xD Breaks are good.

You tried doing it without restarting the game? o.o That would be pretty boring I would think. xD So that could have contributed to the fact that you didn't want to continue lol.

Well you're better with it then me, anytime someone couldn't do just about equal work as everyone else they didn't get as good of a grade. Giving them full credit for doing almost no work or the easiest work doesn't sit well with me. If they can't even help with the hard work then I don't think they deserve the same grade I do.

I understand wanting to blame him for influencing her, but if she really didn't want to then she should have stood her ground. I mean I know it's a terrible thing to be pressured into doing something like that, but it's not really all his fault unless he just forced himself on her (I would hope it never came to that). But you're right, even doing that alone makes him a horrible guy. Jealousy should never be an issue either, it's stupid to have it affect you so badly that you don't even want your partner with the opposite sex when working on a project. That's just so stupid. Unless she was out flirting with every dude she was around, he shouldn't have been jealous. And even then that's still not grounds to tell her who she can and can't hang out with, that's something you talk about and get to the bottom of and if you can't, you break up. No matter what you are to the person, you can never control them, both of them need to see that (for him, he can't just control her, and for her, she shouldn't be controlled).
Sometimes it's hard to understand why people stay, even if the relationship is no good for them. Maybe she thinks he's the only guy who will take her now, maybe she doesn't want to completely lose him just so he's at least kind of in the child's life, maybe she thinks if she keeps doing well she can get him to be better as well. There are a bunch of options but really, only she would know and only she can decide to give up on him or not.
Though hopefully she decides to just drop all of them and get full custody of her child eventually. If all they do is fight, that's no environment for a kid, and it really is better for a child to have one happy parent than two miserable parents.

It's alright, if you need to talk about anything then you can rant away haha.

User Image User Image

Yeah, breaks are really good. They're like food for the 40-day-starved human rofl

Well, I can't really take parting from my babies, so I don't really restart it sweatdrop Plus, I tend to be bored if I restart. I keep thinking to myself, "I've been here before, I want my strong baby" xD

I told you so. It's like they're taking advantage of me when I'm already being very, very nice to them. So in the end, I just turn bitchy, and they can't do anything about it :p

True, she is also partly to blame. I mean, how could she had been so careless as to not use contraceptives, knowing full well, how things might end up?
      But that's not really the thing that irks me the most. You see, the b*****d had an affair with another girl during the times when he and Elly were not talking with one another, and HAD ANOTHER KID WITH THE OTHER GIRL. Now, Dave's family blames Elly for what happened to their kid because according to them, if he had not known Elly, he wouldn't have known the pleasures of sex... like he's not a slut rolleyes
      Actually, what Elly wants is to have is for her baby to have whole family... something that she never had. So she wants them to try it out even if it's as plain as this text that they're not really for each other. She will have custody over the child, they can't do anything when it comes to that, but still. She's really going through so much right now, she needs a break from all of the drama.
      The only thing I can do right now is to watch from afar, because as you said, it's her story. I don't really have the resources to help her out, either financially or physically since she lives far from where I live, and my parents don't know her situation.

Thanks emotion_hug sometimes, I really can only unwind here because I don't know who to talk to in real life without really compromising any parties involved.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Louisa Iris

Speaking of which, I could never fast. xDD I HAVE TO EAT.

I see. xD Then I can understand not wanting to try a new party. Not only do you not have your old Pokemon you beat the whole game with and have an attachment with, you're going through routes that you've already defeated, all the trainers, the gyms, everything is done, so it feels even more empty.

Well if they wanted the grade then they should do some actual work, that's how I feel about it lol.

Yeah. I know how it is to make that mistake, I may not be in the same situation of course, but it's completely irresponsible and stupid to go ahead and do that without contraception, and I have no problem calling myself a dumbass for doing just that. Of course like her, I'm not going to let it destroy my life, and luckily my boyfriend (I should actually be calling him fiance but it's hard for some reason xD) actually wanted to be a father to his boy, so it all worked out.

I see.. wow, now even I'm wondering why she's trying so hard to stay with him. Yeah those reasons I stated are still valid, but knowing he cheated and had a kid with the other girl as well? Wow. Honestly, having a "complete" family is not worth having someone like that in your life. She can have a complete family if she were with another man. It may take time to find someone else, but there is always a better option. And that bullshit about her teaching him the pleasures of sex is ridiculous, they seriously can't blame her for him wanting to put his d**k into anyone who is there and willing. He chose to cheat and knock up the girl, not her.

But really... her family will never be complete because he will never truly "be there", you know? He obviously isn't responsible enough to care. I can honestly say she's making a mistake trying so hard to have him there, it's already a red flag when you have to try THAT hard to make a relationship work and the person you're working so hard for isn't even trying half as hard as you are. Like I said, a child being around two dysfunctional parents is always worse than being with one happy parent. It's truly devastating for a child to be in that kind of environment, where parents are always fighting, and in the end they always tend to blame themselves for mommy and daddy fighting. Somehow they just always think it's their fault, I even thought the same with my own mom and dad.

You're welcome! c: It's fine if you need to talk about anything, I'm all ears.. or eyes.. xD; I just wish I had more advice or insight, everything I said is probably stuff you already realize.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 pm
Yokies

Speaking of which, I could never fast. xDD I HAVE TO EAT.

I see. xD Then I can understand not wanting to try a new party. Not only do you not have your old Pokemon you beat the whole game with and have an attachment with, you're going through routes that you've already defeated, all the trainers, the gyms, everything is done, so it feels even more empty.

Well if they wanted the grade then they should do some actual work, that's how I feel about it lol.

Yeah. I know how it is to make that mistake, I may not be in the same situation of course, but it's completely irresponsible and stupid to go ahead and do that without contraception, and I have no problem calling myself a dumbass for doing just that. Of course like her, I'm not going to let it destroy my life, and luckily my boyfriend (I should actually be calling him fiance but it's hard for some reason xD) actually wanted to be a father to his boy, so it all worked out.

I see.. wow, now even I'm wondering why she's trying so hard to stay with him. Yeah those reasons I stated are still valid, but knowing he cheated and had a kid with the other girl as well? Wow. Honestly, having a "complete" family is not worth having someone like that in your life. She can have a complete family if she were with another man. It may take time to find someone else, but there is always a better option. And that bullshit about her teaching him the pleasures of sex is ridiculous, they seriously can't blame her for him wanting to put his d**k into anyone who is there and willing. He chose to cheat and knock up the girl, not her.

But really... her family will never be complete because he will never truly "be there", you know? He obviously isn't responsible enough to care. I can honestly say she's making a mistake trying so hard to have him there, it's already a red flag when you have to try THAT hard to make a relationship work and the person you're working so hard for isn't even trying half as hard as you are. Like I said, a child being around two dysfunctional parents is always worse than being with one happy parent. It's truly devastating for a child to be in that kind of environment, where parents are always fighting, and in the end they always tend to blame themselves for mommy and daddy fighting. Somehow they just always think it's their fault, I even thought the same with my own mom and dad.

You're welcome! c: It's fine if you need to talk about anything, I'm all ears.. or eyes.. xD; I just wish I had more advice or insight, everything I said is probably stuff you already realize.

User Image User Image

Haha, me too. That's why my avi's all about food, because I can't eat like I used to rofl

Exactly, so I just let my interest wane for a while. At least when my interest comes back, I still have my old party with me to mess around with. That's also part of the reason why I can't really play the other versions for the same region (like Ruby, White, White 2) because the story's exactly the same, and I'm just "repeating" everything.

You know what, you've hit on the nail! I keep on telling her this, but she just can't seem to get it. It's the same situation as with my sister-in-law: her first baby's not really my brother's kid, but she didn't force herself on the guy. She waited for my brother, now they're one big happy family. But no, she just wants the kid to grow up with the real b*****d of a dad.
      And that's exactly why I hate the guy so much right now. He keeps on saying that he wants to be a good father and husband to her, when he can't even stay true to her. I really don't know how to make her realize the reality of things, but there you are... some people are just blinded by love or something else (because I really doubt if that's love).

I'm not really looking for advice all the time... more of just letting off some of my ideas and having someone to talk about it, arguing over it, throwing ideas back and forth is really enough for me. Just throw your ideas at me, and I'll be forever grateful to you emotion_hug

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 am
Louisa Iris

Aw. ; A; I wonder how I'd react to not being able to eat the same way. o.o

That's usually the best thing, coming back with new found interest is always nice. I actually don't really mind doing that. I played Crystal again over 20 times. I was a kid of course so I didn't really care about resetting it to do so. I just really loved replaying the games over and over with different teams, maybe I just don't form as large of an attachment. xD Or at least I didn't, I do keep my Pokemon saved on my boyfriend's games now, since he wants full Pokedex's anyway and I train Pokemon he wouldn't bother to lol.

Like you said, she's probably just blinded by how terrible he is with the notion that having a complete family is better than not. Since she didn't have one and since she wants one for her child so bad, it sounds like she blames the fact of not having a whole family on bad things happening in her life. Sadly, that isn't the case, it almost never is. She probably would have been twice as miserable if her parents tried staying together when they didn't want to. It's never a good idea to "stay together for the kids", anyone would tell her that. Maybe she just needs more people to say so.
It sounds like he cares enough not to lose "what's his" but he doesn't want to make any effort past that. He keeps making empty promises because he wants her there as backup and doesn't necessarily want to lose his kid forever. He doesn't make the effort because he knows he doesn't have to, she'll keep coming back and trying to get him to stay and do right, so he can basically do whatever he wants because in the end she still wants him to complete her family, so to him, she's never going to let go. She's a sure thing, someone who will take him back no matter what he does. At this point, he has her wrapped around his finger, even right now he's the one in control, that's why I said she needs to learn that that's not how it works and she needs to get out of that. She'll continue to be manipulated if she can't leave and her child will be around seeing all of that and it will influence her.

Ohh, that's what I meant, I worded it wrong haha. Ideas is better, or how I see the situation or anything like that. Sometimes it's good to hear someone else's point of view to help you understand why things happen the way they do, it's always nice to get other ideas in. xD I'll definitely try!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 pm
Yokies

Aw. ; A; I wonder how I'd react to not being able to eat the same way. o.o

That's usually the best thing, coming back with new found interest is always nice. I actually don't really mind doing that. I played Crystal again over 20 times. I was a kid of course so I didn't really care about resetting it to do so. I just really loved replaying the games over and over with different teams, maybe I just don't form as large of an attachment. xD Or at least I didn't, I do keep my Pokemon saved on my boyfriend's games now, since he wants full Pokedex's anyway and I train Pokemon he wouldn't bother to lol.

Like you said, she's probably just blinded by how terrible he is with the notion that having a complete family is better than not. Since she didn't have one and since she wants one for her child so bad, it sounds like she blames the fact of not having a whole family on bad things happening in her life. Sadly, that isn't the case, it almost never is. She probably would have been twice as miserable if her parents tried staying together when they didn't want to. It's never a good idea to "stay together for the kids", anyone would tell her that. Maybe she just needs more people to say so.
It sounds like he cares enough not to lose "what's his" but he doesn't want to make any effort past that. He keeps making empty promises because he wants her there as backup and doesn't necessarily want to lose his kid forever. He doesn't make the effort because he knows he doesn't have to, she'll keep coming back and trying to get him to stay and do right, so he can basically do whatever he wants because in the end she still wants him to complete her family, so to him, she's never going to let go. She's a sure thing, someone who will take him back no matter what he does. At this point, he has her wrapped around his finger, even right now he's the one in control, that's why I said she needs to learn that that's not how it works and she needs to get out of that. She'll continue to be manipulated if she can't leave and her child will be around seeing all of that and it will influence her.

Ohh, that's what I meant, I worded it wrong haha. Ideas is better, or how I see the situation or anything like that. Sometimes it's good to hear someone else's point of view to help you understand why things happen the way they do, it's always nice to get other ideas in. xD I'll definitely try!

User Image User Image

Well, it will get some time getting used to it. But you see, I'm the kind of person that can live without things that aren't there. But after I've tasted sugar again for like a couple of weeks hiatus from it, I was like, "Oh my God, sugaaaaaaarrrr!!!"

Sometimes what I do is create another game set and try different combinations. That's what I usually do with White, but yeah, I just lose my interest midway sweatdrop
      Doesn't the new Legendary Pokemon in X remind you of Dialga, whereas the Y reminds you of Mothim?

Maybe, I dunno. He clings to her as well you see. Like he doesn't want her to leave his house (she lives on her own now, thank goodness), and he keeps on visiting her every now and then. I think she is confused over things. I mean, she tells me that she wants to get away from it all, so I tell her to just uproot herself right now and go some place else without telling anybody. But then, financial constraints limit her movement so she's stuck to where she is now. Also, somehow, she depends partly on the support the guy gives to her baby, because according to her, without his financial support, she wouldn't be able to make ends meet.
      I dunno, she's really annoying me sometimes. Like, the solution's right in front of her at times, but she just keeps on giving out excuses. Like I told her she should ask for a permit to take lesser subject next semester so she could focus on making a living without sacrificing her studies, but she keeps on saying that she doesn't want other people to know about her situation and that she wants to graduate by next year too. But at the rate she's going right now, she could hardly keep up with her studies. Sometimes, I just don't know what to tell her anymore.

Exactly! I'm getting tired of hearing and giving out only one side of the equation because that's the only thing that they want to hear. If you even try to voice out what you really think, they'll shoot you down immediately.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:36 pm
Louisa Iris

I am not that kind of person sadly lol. If I don't have something and really want it, I'll go and get it somehow. xD I have very little self control, which is probably one of the reasons I'm overweight. Of course I'm working on it at a comfortable pace for myself, as I don't want to run myself into the dirt trying to lose weight. No point in trying if I have no energy or willpower to do anything else in my day.

Aw. xD Well that's understandable, I've kind of gotten that way myself. While I played my old games over and over as a child, I barely got through playing Black 3 times, and I've still only played White 2 once. I never got around to making myself a Cryogonal to start with lol.
I was kind of reminded of Dialga, but I also thought of Kyogre and Groudon haha, but just with their colors. I'm not sure if I saw Mothim though. xD

Oh I see. I suppose in a way he doesn't want to lose her per say, but he's still being an a*****e, and wanting her to stay isn't a good enough "trade off" for that. That could be another reason why she's trying so hard to make it work, since she technically can't live without him yet. Maybe she's just putting up with it until she gets out of school and is able to get a better job, and she's acting like she wants him so he wont leave. I don't know, there are way too many possibilities to this.
I understand being annoyed of it. Sometimes people in those situations just can't logically thing, which is the saddest part. As a friend, you just have to be there to pick up the pieces when she breaks. Not saying you have to be the one to fix her, but just be some support, if she ever needs it. It sucks to have to listen to someone talk when the answer is so obvious to you, but if they don't want to do it, then they don't. Maybe just tell her that you've run out of advice if she comes looking for it, or you just don't know what to say to her situation anymore. It isn't a like, and you don't have to struggle trying to think of something to say to her.

Yeah, I don't like it when people do that too. I especially hate it when they seek out advice but in reality only wanted validation for how they feel, and then they get mad when no one sides with them. Maybe if no one does, you'd think the person would understand that maybe they weren't approaching their situation the right way and were actually wrong, but these people are always adamant in believing they are not at fault, which is incredibly sad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 am
Yokies

I am not that kind of person sadly lol. If I don't have something and really want it, I'll go and get it somehow. xD I have very little self control, which is probably one of the reasons I'm overweight. Of course I'm working on it at a comfortable pace for myself, as I don't want to run myself into the dirt trying to lose weight. No point in trying if I have no energy or willpower to do anything else in my day.

Aw. xD Well that's understandable, I've kind of gotten that way myself. While I played my old games over and over as a child, I barely got through playing Black 3 times, and I've still only played White 2 once. I never got around to making myself a Cryogonal to start with lol.
I was kind of reminded of Dialga, but I also thought of Kyogre and Groudon haha, but just with their colors. I'm not sure if I saw Mothim though. xD

Oh I see. I suppose in a way he doesn't want to lose her per say, but he's still being an a*****e, and wanting her to stay isn't a good enough "trade off" for that. That could be another reason why she's trying so hard to make it work, since she technically can't live without him yet. Maybe she's just putting up with it until she gets out of school and is able to get a better job, and she's acting like she wants him so he wont leave. I don't know, there are way too many possibilities to this.
I understand being annoyed of it. Sometimes people in those situations just can't logically thing, which is the saddest part. As a friend, you just have to be there to pick up the pieces when she breaks. Not saying you have to be the one to fix her, but just be some support, if she ever needs it. It sucks to have to listen to someone talk when the answer is so obvious to you, but if they don't want to do it, then they don't. Maybe just tell her that you've run out of advice if she comes looking for it, or you just don't know what to say to her situation anymore. It isn't a like, and you don't have to struggle trying to think of something to say to her.

Yeah, I don't like it when people do that too. I especially hate it when they seek out advice but in reality only wanted validation for how they feel, and then they get mad when no one sides with them. Maybe if no one does, you'd think the person would understand that maybe they weren't approaching their situation the right way and were actually wrong, but these people are always adamant in believing they are not at fault, which is incredibly sad.

User Image User Image

Well, to each his own as they say. Me too, I have stopped exercising again. It's really not nice to do things you don't want to do, and exercising is on top of that list xD

Oh goodness me, a Cryogonal. Did you know how hard I looked for him just to be able to complete my Pokedex? I just wanted to skip him because he's so damn rare. . .
      I dunno, I guess it's the wings. They kind of remind of the tip of Mothim's wings. I wonder how the story's going to be? I was thinking it would be related to genes or something :p

Won't argue with you there, he is an a*****e. And yeah, I do think that she's still confused as to the immediate amount of burden that she suddenly has to carry on her own. But I don't know, I do think that she still has feelings for him, like really deep down in her heart. But then again, she could be mistaking her fears for love or something. Human psyche is hard to understand sweatdrop
      Yeah, I get your point. Advice could only get you so far, it's your actions that will decide your future. It's just that we've through this a lot of times already, same old conversation, same old resolution, same old ending. It's like a never-ending cycle, and no matter how much I want to stick to her, I get tired of things. You know, like when you get to the point where in you just don't care anymore because you already know how things will end? Apathy is bad, I know, but what can I do... I'm just being honest.

Sucks right? You're just itching to jump in front of them and slap them on the face with the hard facts disproving their obsolete ideas.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:52 am
Louisa Iris

If I can't possibly obtain what I want though, I'll just leave it alone. xD Like if I want a candy bar but I can't get to the store, then it's tough luck for me haha. I haven't started a routine exercising schedule myself, though I plan to. For right now I just get in what I can. xD

I love Cryogonal. xD But yeah, it is kind of rare, especially since it doesn't even evolve lol.
I suppose I can kind of see that, yeah. It might be related in that way. I also wonder if it'll be related to France at all, since that's where the place is inspired from. I honestly can't even speculate what the story is going to be about. xD

I think in the long run she'll realize she doesn't need him, though I hope by that time he hasn't messed up even more for her. She probably still does love him, sometimes it can be tough to stop loving someone no matter how terrible they've been to you, it's easier for some to let those people go than others. We don't understand it because we know we could never put up with something like that, but for her it's just different and that's the part that sucks, because no matter what anyone tells her, she'll still do it.
I understand. I would be tired of it at this point as well. Really, if you're going over the same thing time and time again, it's not really fair to you either. She puts the burden of constantly "helping" her with her feelings on you when she really doesn't want help, because she isn't trying to help herself in that sense. She isn't trying to listen, she isn't really accepting help, so it's not fair to have you there to listen to her over and over when you really just don't know what to say anymore because it's the same story and you've still got the same perspective on the matter.

Yeah, that's exactly it. xD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:12 am
Yokies

If I can't possibly obtain what I want though, I'll just leave it alone. xD Like if I want a candy bar but I can't get to the store, then it's tough luck for me haha. I haven't started a routine exercising schedule myself, though I plan to. For right now I just get in what I can. xD

I love Cryogonal. xD But yeah, it is kind of rare, especially since it doesn't even evolve lol.
I suppose I can kind of see that, yeah. It might be related in that way. I also wonder if it'll be related to France at all, since that's where the place is inspired from. I honestly can't even speculate what the story is going to be about. xD

I think in the long run she'll realize she doesn't need him, though I hope by that time he hasn't messed up even more for her. She probably still does love him, sometimes it can be tough to stop loving someone no matter how terrible they've been to you, it's easier for some to let those people go than others. We don't understand it because we know we could never put up with something like that, but for her it's just different and that's the part that sucks, because no matter what anyone tells her, she'll still do it.
I understand. I would be tired of it at this point as well. Really, if you're going over the same thing time and time again, it's not really fair to you either. She puts the burden of constantly "helping" her with her feelings on you when she really doesn't want help, because she isn't trying to help herself in that sense. She isn't trying to listen, she isn't really accepting help, so it's not fair to have you there to listen to her over and over when you really just don't know what to say anymore because it's the same story and you've still got the same perspective on the matter.

Yeah, that's exactly it. xD

User Image User Image

Well, I have an exercise plan, but I have stopped doing it, mainly because I just don't have the time to leave the house xD So I'm just waiting for the time when I'm free again... or when I'll be able to buy a stationary bike >.<

Well, he is like Feebas in his rareness. But instead of water tiles, he's just available during Winter. Speaking of seasons, where can you battle N again? Ain't it at his castle?
      Maybe it has something to do with Napoleon? xD haha, I'm not sure. I can't recall my World History xD
      Although I can feel that there would be lots of art in this generation since France is known for its art museums.

Yeah, it's kind of a bad habit that you can't break. Maybe to us we see things in a clearer manner, but that's simply because we don't feel the same way that she is feeling. As they say, love is blind... or to be more precise, love makes lovers blind.
      Well, I've resolved myself to just support her in what she wants to do. If she wants to continue seeing him, fine by me, but she can't expect me to approve of the guy. It's her life anyway, it's her decisions that matter.

Oh, by the way, your avi is just amazing ^^

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:44 am
Louisa Iris

Aw that stinks, but it's understandable. You need free time to be able to do it, otherwise you'd fall behind on other things. ^^; Stationary bikes can be kind of fun. xD

That's very true. Being available in only one season does kind of suck. Instead of spending time to find the tiles, you have to spend time waiting for the appropriate season, or you have to use the DS clock and mess up the time to get what you want. xD You can find him at his castle only once, but for the season battles he'll be at the Ferris Wheel.
Omg that would be weird. xD I can't really think of my World History either, poor France, I don't remember you lol.
Yeah, I would hope there would be, since you're right, that's what France is known for. xD

Yeah, we'll never really be able to see it the same way she does because we just don't feel the same way about it. That phrase is definitely true, and it applies to way too many situations. =(
That's understandable. You don't have to like him, but you'll at least be there for her when she needs you, that's more than enough.

Oh thank you! emotion_kirakira I decided to get real creative with blue/red last night. xD

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games