Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:22 pm

The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 4 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 6 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni, -1 paper
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 3 items collected, 3 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 7 items collected - Complete! 1st place!
-----
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 6 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 6 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 5 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 5 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 4 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 3 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 2 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Oh, they aren't difficult to spot at all. TN 5, tops. There seems to be stacked on a shelf in the corner, with his stampable gold-laden chop holding them down like a paperweight.

Of course, he hasn't spotted it yet. There IS an opportunity to help yourself if you so choose.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

As you remove the haori to return it to Shoichi, he holds up one hand, stopping you.

"No need, silly girl," he would say in a chiding tone. He reached up and scratched his cheek with one finger, eyes closed, smiling smugly, then opened one eye to look at the Crane. "The maho-tsukai was a plant, a spy from the Spider to infiltrate the Kraken. We do have quite the influence in the Colonies, after all."

Kaichiyo, NOW the Crane are brandishing their weapons.

Chikuma's eyes narrow at the man, though she actively doesn't reach for her sword. "Daigotsu Shoichi, practice of maho is an illegal crime, and a grievous one at that. Knowing this, you openly confess to being part of such a conspiracy, and the difficulties that will cause the Spider?"

Shoichi would shrug indifferently. "Do as you must, Crane. I have no fear. My brethren will look out for themselves. But if your toadies expect me to draw my weapon now so they'll have an excuse to murder me on the spot, you're sorely mistaken. I surrender myself peacefully to your custody."

Kaichiyo, you have a chance to react to this, of course.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo seemed slightly cheery that you followed her suggestion. "I'm not sure about your Colonial island, but for many of us minor clansmen here in the empire, it's usually drilled into our heads pretty young:

'You always have a friend in the Yoritomo',"
she would recite. Then look to you for approval.

Erm... awkward... HEY LOOK A DISTRACTING FREE RAISE!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:29 pm

"Would those be it right there?" Naohiko gestured to the stack of papers."May I?" Naohiko requested, a slight bit of impatience bleeding into his voice as he tried thinking of two other items to finish the hunt with. If given permission, he would take one paper from the stack and present it to the elder samurai to be voided. After this is done, he would bow deeply to Minoru "Thank you for your aid, Agasha-sama! May Jurojin continue to favor you!"

Naohiko would then head out to meet Ruri.

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 10, 1, 1 Total: 25 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:48 am

"I believe you would be better doing the speaking to them. I have not had a good meeting with the ones I've run into so far." He continues his searching, deciding to leave it at that.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 22
Mantis Samurai - Free raise for lower TN
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:15 pm

The little princess was stunned for a moment as the scene suddenly started to spiral out of control, but within a few moments she found herself glaring daggers at the stupid Spider. It was a lie, she was sure of that much, but why he would tell it was beyond her. The mad man had been captured or killed, so she certainly wan't in any danger. Dishonesty itself infuriated her, holding firmly as she did to the pure ideals of Bushido, but even if this was meant to be a "noble sacrifice" for her, it was wholly misguided. She'd have to interrogate him later, but for now there were more pressing matters.

"Allow me to join you, then. If the Spider is plotting against us, I have a right to know." she gave a profound sigh, but stood her ground. "Mother is not going to be happy about this..."

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:48 pm

The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 5 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 6 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni, -1 paper
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
-----
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 6 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Minoru strained his eyes, then lit up when he saw the papers. "Oh! Ha, yes, yes indeed, those are them. Thank you, sonny-san." The aged Agasha would adjust the document accordingly before stamping it with his personal seal, and handing it back. "There you go. Now, is there anything more I can-

However, Naohiko would thank him and head out, leaving the man alone. ": ("

-----

"Yay, you got it!" Ruri would say proudly. "Only two more to go, by my count! We're on a roll, Naohiko-san!"

Item get! Where to next?

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You and Kiyo search for a bit, but she does seem completely oblivious to and confused by the fact that you have not had good meetings with the Mantis. Though soon after...

"Gendo-san, look," she would say, pointing at a man walking out of an alley, hooking his paired kama back to his obi beneath the cloak that he was donning. With your vision, you aren't certain, but he looks like one you met yesterday.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Maybe after, Himura-san. This is a job for a properly trained magistrate first and foremost. You can interrogate him after the fact. During a... lesson, with the man calling himself Shi, he tried to draw my own blade for his own purposes, so currently it's just as much a Crane matter, and it's in our jurisdiction, not yours. Guards."

"Here, I'll even make my surrender easier," Shoichi would say with a chiding tone, kneeling to gently place down the scavenger hunt items he had been carrying... oh, who are we kidding, been made to carry. His arms up, he would stand once more, the Daidoji surrounding him, one using the haft of his polearm to push him along. Shoichi wouldn't even look back or say anything more to you.

"I... highly suspect he's lying, though I can't figure out to what end," Chikuma would say to you once everyone else was out of earshot. "That said, it's still a very dangerous implication and we can't take it lightly. There has been noted history that the Spider have used such tactics before on minor clans, after all. Here, this was part of the file we had received a few years ago. Many port cities here get files from our magistrates out in the Colonies, in case any suspects they investigate flee here." Chikuma would hand you a rolled-up poster.

"If the investigation with that Daigotsu falls short, I will be returning to speak with you."

If you have no reason to keep her longer, Chikuma would bow politely before marching off after the others.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:08 am

She looked ready to object, but thought better of it. Instead she simply watched silently as her ex-partner was carted away, the fruits of their labor placed neatly upon the ground likely for her to turn in as she had suggested he do mere moments before.

She perked up at Chikuma's private explanation, and nodded her agreement. "I agree. He's a lovestruck fool who likely thinks he's helping me in some way by pulling this bizarre... unsettling deception. As if dishonesty would earn him any favors among the Kraken. Himura was a man of principal and honor, and I hold my grandfather's legacy above all else."

She accepted the scroll and nodded, bowing low in response. "Whether the Spider are involved or not, your diligence has still saved us from a very dangerous man. I am in your debt. The very least I could do is give you my full cooperation in these matters. If there is anything I can do for you, please..."

She let the woman go about her business, understanding that all she could do for now was gather up her things and finish this event with dignity, heading off to find the judges when she was sure nobody would be coming back for her.

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 9, 4, 2, 8 Total: 32 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:25 am

Naohiko mentally checked down the list if items they had to hunt. "You still want something that gives free samples, eh? Maybe we should see if there are any little knick knack stores that might meet that requirement. I think where we met up with Kaichiyo-hime and Daigoetsu-san would be a good starting point, don't you?"

OOC:
Perception/Investigation 4k2+3 (Ruri bonus) w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Item: A work of art. (TN 25)
Dice: 2, 7, 9, 4
Results: 19
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 9, 6 Total: 25 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Gendo will just keep walking, ignoring the man. Despite being a Mantis, something about his entrance didn't seem so... welcoming. Keeping his voice low, he'd speak. "Maybe one who didn't just put away weapons from an alley."

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 9
Mantis Samurai that is doing something a bit more friendly.

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:30 pm

The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 5 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
--------------------
-----
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 4 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

You gather your things and make your way indoors, in time to see two Unicorn high-fiving each other as they leave one of the judging stations.

You are directed by an attendant to one station, which... is... mysteriously shrouded. None of the other people judging have any sort of coverings, yet you can vaguely see the figure of someone waiting behind the deep red curtains.

If you were to enter, you would see a man in Scorpion attire, with an angry-looking kitsune mask standing there, waiting patiently. The mask itself looks like the creature depicted is seething with rage, yet somehow being twisted by something not of this world. There is no part of the man's face visible.

He raps his fingertips rhythmically on the table as he awaits you.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You begin to search, though you do so via a route that retraces a path back, which seems to be kind of undesired by Ruri - despite the fact that you seem to know where you're going!

Keywords: 'Seem to'. You think you're going in the correct direction, and are nearby, but it's not here. But a vendor giving away free raise samples is!

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You start trying to divert your path, but you don't get very far. "It's just Shohei-san, he's at court with us. I'm sure there's a good reason, and he's a Mantis right there. Don't you want to win?" Kiyo would explain, before gesturing you to follow her as she approaches the Mantis. "Shohei-san!" she would call out to him, waving as she approached.

The man turns to see Kiyo approaching, then you think he takes stock of you, before speaking to the girl. "Oh, uh, hello, Suzume-san. I'm... kind of busy at the moment," he would say to her. He would start making quick glances up and down the street.

"Please, call me Kiyo! I forgot, not everyone can tell Kayoko and I apart," she responded to him, apparently not noticing his unease.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Naohiko would frown as Ruri frowned. "What item do you think we should be hunting for....and where! You know this city better than I and in my eagerness, I forget that.

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:24 pm

"If the man is busy, perhaps letting him go about his business would be for the best. We don't want to cause anyone trouble." He bows to the man slightly.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:37 pm

The little Kraken princess was almost crestfallen as she saw what was clearly a finished team on her way in. One team was through, and Tengoku knew how many more. Oh well, it just meant she'd have to work extra hard to win the next contest. At the very least she could finish, which if that maze of a city was any indication there may very well be teams that didn't. Just as she was about to wonder if her clansmates might be among them, she was greatly distracted by the attendant pointing her to a judging station quite frighteningly different from the others.

She looked to the attendant for confirmation, and upon receiving it, entered... hesitantly. Once inside, however, she seemed more at awe than unsettled, that telltale look of feline curiosity settling on her face as she saw the man, the mask, and the setup.

"Wooow. I like your style. Very dramatic. Mysterious~ Probably going to intimidate a lot of participants into presenting poorly from the nervous jitters. Very clever!" she began in Kitsuki fashion as she set down her pack and began laying her items down on the table. "Though perhaps a touch over the top for me. I can appreciate aesthetics, but it kinda feels like you're about to read my fortune."

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 am

The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 5 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
--------------------
-----
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 4 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Frownception! "Oh, no, no, it's not that," Ruri would say dismissively. "It's that we were just there. I mean, if you know for certain that it's going to bear fruit, sure, but wouldn't we have found everything worth getting there on our first trip there?"

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Gendo, this sounds like a contested etiquette roll vs Kiyo's courtier roll! Or another social roll if you think one appropriate rather than polite withdrawal via etiquette.

She seems quickly growing flustered that both you and he are trying to shut her down, though.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"....." The man's gaze would avert to the side, and he would lower his voice, speaking sheepishly (despite having a fairly deep voice): "... my clanmates roped me into judging. When I made my outrageous demands to the Crane, I thought they would dismiss me, not..... oblige me..."

Yeah, you're pretty sure you smell scented incense. Might be... plum blossom?

"Let's just... let's just get on with it, so I can go back to my room, if that's okay with you..." He turned his gaze towards the table.
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 1, 10, 8, 7 Total: 41 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Naohiko pondered good and hard at the different type of stalls and wondered if a tasteful wall scroll may not qualify? "I've got an idea. Something far different from the tea sets Kaichiyo-hime was contemplating!"

OOC:
Perception/ Investigation: 4k2+3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
TN: 25-5
Target: Wall Scrolls
Free Raises used: 1
Dice: 18,17,5,1
Results 38

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 pm

"He's too busy to provide us enough time to give full help to your request."

Etiquette - 13
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games