Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 am
"I will take first watch, between the rod, the fire, and my lantern I should be fine Valac can see in the dark and raise hell, pun intended, when needed, so he can take second watch, Dividing our two remaining tieflings, Ruin and Illikan on third, and Revenge and Irene take us to morning?" She says fishing the lantern out of her pack.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:34 pm
"I would actually prefer second watch, if it's all the same," Revenge would say, pulling the chain of his holy symbol up as a reminder that he served the Goddess of the Moon.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:05 am
"You guys talk too much, you all go to bed. I'll keep watch." Interjected Valac annoyed at the constant comittees being held over every decision.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:31 am
Ruin would finish his meal, leaving just enoungh for Vi, and return to his bedroll for the night.

Arguements of watch order, nor the thought of being eatten; neither would stop his dreams.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:45 pm
With the camp well established and food under way, Illikan paused on his task, watching the others discuss order of watch- he let them, more than happy to accept whatever shift as long as they were clear on it so they wouldn't end up unguarded, sitting down to have some of the stew, preserving his rations in case they'd become important later, removing his armor and tending to checking it for damage and treating it before he laid down, shield and hammer beside him. If that lot could see in the dark, they'd be fine- he could finish setting a perimeter to help him with the watch when it was his own turn.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:16 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

By the time Kuori returns to the camp Irene has finished brewing her stew. Upon hearing the news she would chime in. "Oooh, Ropers! That sound really exciting! I don't think I've ever seen one before in person. What a great way to start out our underdark adventure!" Irene would hand out her purple colored stew to anyone who was interested. (So far I see Ilikan as the only taker) The basket of everlasting provisions offers a nice selection of cooked meats from pig to goat to cow and even some that aren't too clear.

At the mention of potentially being left alone back at the camp with the grenade Irene would respond in dispair. "Noo, you can't leave me behind while you go off to fight something interesting. That's the whole reason why I came along. I can pack up this camp in an instant if needed so there's no need for anyone to guard it."

When it came to watch schedules Irene state. "I can stand watch whenever needed I'm not picky at all really."

((Seriously though, I do need to know who is standing watch in what order and for what length of time, otherwise I'll just make it up myself.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27 am
"Unless if there is any other requests for slots." Ruin would say, "Kouri and I, first shift. Valac and Revenge, second. Iliki and Irene will take pre-dawn. Shifts are 2 1/2 hours. This way we have four eyes open at once, and we during the darkest hours we have our strongest tieflings on watch."

"Sound good? If so, go to sleep. Hell camp begins tomorrow, kiddos."

(Friendly reminder; 6 hours of light work is an extended rest)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:04 pm
"Valac wanted first watch, let him do his thing. And guys ... don't forget to check the cielings." Kuori goes to start removing her armor, stacking it neatly. Her tattoos revealing more intricacy as more as her skin is revealed. Patterns of spiders, hunters, text, and more mixed among the primal tribal tattoos.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:56 pm
"Eh..." Ruin shruged. Order wasn't really important as everyone got their rest.

Sitting crossleggedon his roll, Ruin was still going to keep the big guy company for the first shift. Even if it was the silent kind.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:29 am
Illikan would look at the purple stew for a moment, taking a taste before asking "Is this the worm?"

If the answer was affirmative, he'd have a second go with even more vigor, and insist that Valac taste some of the spoils of his glorious victory.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:35 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

As Illikan tastes the stew it has a rich and unique flavor. It is quite heavy in the spices and if anything the taste reminds him a bit of shellfish gumbo.

When asked the usually exuberant Irene would respond rather sheepishly. "Well...maybe...I mean, I'ts just a little experiment of mine. I-I was just curious to see how it would turn out. There is nothing dangerous in there I assure you!"

Upon seeing Ilikan enjoying her stew she would look surprised . "You..you like it? It's not weird that I-I mean that's great! I'm glad that you are enjoying it. There is plenty if you want more." Irene would motion to the large pot simmering over the fire before heading back over to it to eat her own meal.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:12 pm
Revenge had picked up a bowl and was testing the stew with the ladle as he half-paid attention to Ilikan and Irene.

"The worm?"

He took a few moments to process as Ilikan consumed the contents of his own bowl. When the copper piece dropped, so did the empty bowl Revenge had been holding.

"Wait, the purple worm that Valac killed??" Revenge said aloud as he blanched. Failing his saving throw to compose himself, he awkwardly cleared his throat as he picked up the bowl and gently rapped the lip against his armor to get any dirt out.

"I... think I'll pass on the generous offer of this meal. I fear my palate is not quite adjusted for a recipe this... erm... wild."

Revenge would quietly consume a small helping of his journeybread (6 days remain) before beginning to remove his armor and prepare for slumber.

((Revenge will be on 2nd watch due to Sehanine reasons, and I imagine 3 hours for the watch.))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:20 am
"Ya know yer too squeamish Revenge my sword was clean when I killed it." Commented Valac as once he heard the stew was made of the worm was now standing by the pot, refilling his bowl like it was the ladle as he helped himself to many servings.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:26 pm
As everyone finishes their meals and settles to down to sleep Valac and Ruin assume the first watch. The caves are quiet with the only noise being the occasional drip of water from the stalactites on the ceiling. It soon becomes impossible for those without dark vision to see anything beyond the light of the campfire. Every once in a while howls could be heard coming in from the caves entrance, no doubt from wolves scavenging the remains on the battlefield.

About half way into the watch Valac gets pelted with a small rock from out of the darkness. As it falls to the ground he notices it is wrapped in a paper. If Valac picks it up and unwraps it he will see in the firelight that it is a note that reads as follows:

Take a bathroom break
We need to talk
V

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:55 am
"Need ta 'ave a shite." Declared Valac standing up, beginning the theatrics of undoing buckles as he walked away enough from Ruin to squat down.

"Where are ya runt?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games