Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:05 pm
Bellatrix unfolded the note her sister passed her, quickly reading it, she rolled her eyes slightly. Of course it didn't occur to Narcissa to look a couple pages ahead after reading their assigned pages. She wrote back, "It's about finding out your birth signs. Pg 36," and passed the note back to Narcissa.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:35 pm
Aurora had finally aligned all the blue squares on the rubix cube when she looked up and noticed there were still students in the classroom. "Oops . . ." she said to herself. She placed the cube on her desk, blue side up, then clapped her hands to get everyone attention. "Well, most of you should have finished the reading by now. If not, finish it on your own time. As for homework . . ." Aurora reached into her robe and pulled out a flashcard and her wand. "I would like a diagram outlining the steps of a stars birth, the contributing factors, how you think its possible for those elements to combine to create a star, and why its these elements that make a star and not others." As she spoke, she wrote the assignment in the air with her wand. "Next week you shall be needing your telescopes so don't forget to bring them. Class dismissed!"  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tendara

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:00 pm
"I would like a diagram outlining the steps of a stars birth, the contributing factors, how you think its possible for those elements to combine to create a star, and why its these elements that make a star and not others. Next week you shall be needing your telescopes so don't forget to bring them. Class dismissed!"

Fabian absent mindedly wrote down the assignment that hovered in front of him.
"Telescope, eh?" He muttered. "I'm not even sure where that ruddy thing is."
The house elves who had brought his luggage to the common room had been careless, because he had found his suitcase in shambles the day before.
I should probably clean that out as well.
He gathered his books and shuffled towards the door. It seemed as if the entire day had just flow by, long and uninteresting. None of his classes were the difficult brilliance he had expected his third year was going to be. He remembered Gideon speaking of his third year as the time when everything sped up, and got wickedly entertaining.
Fabian had plenty of homework, but he didn't care to start it just yet.
I need something entertaining, he thought. After all, this is only my second day and already I'm bored?!
In no hurry, he continued to leisurely make his way out the door and down the hall. He had no idea where he was going, but it didn't really matter.
Where is Gideon? I haven't seen him in any of my classes, all day. Although, I haven't really been paying attention either. Damn. What is with me anyway? It just seems like I have spaced out all day. Where AM I anyway?
He looked around the hall. It was an area of Hogwarts he had not only never SEEN before, but never heard of as well. The hallway was dimly lit, and on one side was a large painting with a lurid green pear on it.
What the hell? Who would really want to paint FRUIT? He wondered.
He stared at the pear. It certainly did seem real looking. His stomach growled just thinking about it. Although, it could have also been that fact that he had skipped all of the meals that day. Fabian leaned forward to look closer. It was as if he could touch the giant pear. Eagerly, he stroked it. The pear felt so real. Then suddenly, it giggled.
Startled, Fabian jumped back and yelled. A door handle appeared in the painting.
Well, that's Hogwarts for you, he laughed.
Thinking about it, he realized he HAD heard about the painting.
Excellent, the kitchens!
Happily, he swung open the door. Inside of the kitchen was astonishing. It was bigger than the Great Hall. (Due to the fact that half the kitchen had the same floor plan as the Great Hall, so dishes could be transported to the tables as needed.) Unnoticed by the house elves he watched them. House elves had always fascinated him. They had such a capacity to work.
"Can I help you?" Squeaked a voice near his side.
He grinned and looked down at the house elf, who bowed in return.
"Yeah, can I have.. some pumpkin juice? No, make that tea. Strong tea. I don't want tea leaves. Tea bags. And, maybe some of whatever you made for dinner? I don't want to be any trouble."
"Oh no sir!" The house elf exclaimed. "Whatever you need, we will make."
A few minutes later, Fabian was happily headed down the hall with crumpets and scones in his pockets, the best sandwich he had ever had half in his mouth, half in his hand, and some damn strong tea in the other.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:18 pm
Gideon had finished reading early, and had started taking notes, when Aurora announced the end of class. He put away his books and walked towards the door, waiting for his brother.
However, Fabian was nowhere to be seen. He walked out and up to the Tower, looking for any sign of his little brother. As he spoke the password ("Witty Whatnot"), he walked in. The common room was semi crowded, mainly full of younger students. He walked over to a few third years playing gobstones in the corner.
"Excuse me," he began, as one of the marble-like objects squirted an unpleasant smelling liquid into one of the students. "Have you seen Fabian around?"
"Yeah, I think I saw him come up. He left, though," said one of the ones who had recovered from laughing at the dripping student.
"Damn," Gideon muttered, walking out of the room. Where had he gone?
His thoughts were intereupted as his stomach growled. No dinner certainly wasn't good for him, especially after the long day. Dinner wasn't being served. But the kitchen...
Well, Fabian'll turn up, Gideon thought as he left for the Kitchens way downstairs. He walked for about 10 minutes, there still being traffic from the end of the day students. He hated walking alone. Made him feel like a loner.
Bypassing a group of Hufflepuffs making their way to their dormitory, Gideon slipped into the corridor containing the fruit still lifes. Jogging towards the one with the particularly large pear (grumble grumble), Gideon tickled it and opened the door, expecting to find a good amount of only-too-happy-to-serve house elves, and to enjoy some good food.
What he did not expect was for his younger brother to have beaten him to it.
Fabian looked up from a cup of tea, and Gideon froze in his steps.
"Fabian!? What are you doing here?" he asked strictly, but being a little amused as well.  

ElDot

Tendara

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:25 pm
"Eaffing a famwif." Fabian attempted to explain. Swallowing the sandwich in his mouth, he grinned.
"Eating a sandwich. I was ravished. I hadn't eaten all day. I've just been in a sort of daze." He sipped his tea. "Why what are you doing down here? Why didn't you ever tell me about the kitchens? You've explored this whole place, and neglected to tell me all the good stuff. Classes are over for today, right?" He asked. "Because I really haven't gotten a chance to explore, at all. And now that I found you.. or you found me, we can have some fun."  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:29 pm
Narcissa unfolded the note and read it. She flipped forward to page 36 and stared at the page. 'Why would one read about this with out being told to?' she thought to herself, and then decided to ask Bella that. She was just about to write that down when the teacher started talking again.

"...Next week you shall be needing your telescopes so don't forget to bring them. Class dismissed!"

Narcissa gathered up her things and waited for Bella. Then she asked, "Why would you read about that when you aren't being made to? And did you honestly have any idea what any of that meant? Because it looked foreign to me."

Mistril

ElDot

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:33 pm
"Oh, I was just, um...okay, I didn't eat at dinner. I was coming down here to get some-, oh, thank you," he said as a house elf suddenly appeared out of nowhere with a plate of roast chicken legs. He took one and ate a chunk. "And as for not telling you, it mut not've crossed my mind. Lame, I know." Gideon looked around akwardly.
"... or you found me, we can have some fun." Gideon looked at his little brother and couldn't help to smile. He was so much more into adventure and excitement then he was, while Gideon had always been the more serious, studious type.
"I don't know, it's getting late, we should be going to sleep..."  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:37 pm
Fabian laughed as the house elf appeared with the chicken legs. "Isn't this place great? I'm so glad I got lost and found it. Although, it would have been easier if I would have known about it before." He teased.

"I don't know, it's getting late, we should be going to sleep..."

Fabian looked down at the books he had been holding the entire time. "Well.." he sighed. "Let's go back to the common room and talk about it. It's not even night yet, you know. It's dark, but I don't consider it night. Dusk has hardly passed."

He grinned, knowing it was well past midnight.  

Tendara

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:37 pm
"I would like a diagram outlining the steps of a stars birth, the contributing factors, how you think its possible for those elements to combine to create a star, and why its these elements that make a star and not others."

Severus sighed inwardly, but couldn't really complain, as they had recieved hardly any homework that day. He jotted the assignment down at the top of a piece of parchment. He would start his homework tonight when he got back from astronomy, so he wouldn't get behind.

"Next week you shall be needing your telescopes so don't forget to bring them. Class dismissed!"

Severus tore a strip of parchment from the piece on which he had written his assignment and wrote that information on it, then stuck it in his book so he wouldn't forget about it. Not that he would, but just for precautionary measures.

He packed all of his things back inside his bag, slung it over his shoulder, and took off for the Slytherin common-room. Hopefully he could get this shite done before too long; he didn't want to stay up all night working on astronomy.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:43 pm
Venatici had been reading ahead and taking more notes when he heard the Professor dismiss them. He gathered his things and headed out the door. He was going to make another quick stop at the library, but then he remembered that he had already been there several times that day, and that his last trip he had been successful in finding some books for his research. Instead, he headed up to the tower, said the password, weaved through the many younger students that were crowded around playing God knows what games, and went up to his room. Once there, he set his school things down and grabbed one of the library books he had gotten. He flipped through it to a page that he had found particularly interesting and reached for his notes, successfully grabbing at nothing. 'Where... I swear to Merlin.' He sat there, thinking to himself for a few moments. Then he finally remembered that he had left them tucked inside one of the other books. He retrieved the notes and began adding to them while thinking about being more organized.  

Mistril

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:08 pm
Gilderoy barely registered what was going on in class. He rolled his head back and forth across the desk, clearly distraught. When class was dismissed, he blanked looked at the Professor, not hearing her words. "Not like it matters, " he said to himself. He slowly gathered himself up and turned for the doorway. That was when he noticed Rita Skeeter, that journalist, packing up her things and preparing to leave. An idea suddenly popped into his head, causing him to hurtle towards Rita, stopping her before she could leave the classroom. He tugged slightly on the backside of her robe to gain her attention.

"Um Rita, I know I don't talk to you very much, but I could really use your help. Dempsy, the leader of my fan club, didn't show up to Astronomy today." Gilderoy paused a moment and ruffled his hair nervously. "Now, I know sometimes people miss classes, but Dempsy's the responsible type, he wouldn't just miss a class and if he was going to, somehow I would have know he wouldn't be here. So now I'm really concerned. Why am I asking you to help you must be wondering. Well, you're a journalist and it's a journalists job to get to the botton of things and gather data. With you being such a surperb journalist and all, I thought you were be perfect for the job. So Rita, can you help me?" Gilderoy started to fiddled with the hem of his robe, nervously waiting for Rita's response.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:44 pm
Rita had long finished analyzing the daily prophet and decided to change the shade of polish on her nails, the green was starting to get old. She murmered a color change charm of her left hand, then right and soon her nails were a bright fushia with plum polka dots. Rita was admiring her newly designed nails when Professor Sinistra dismissed the class. "About bloody time," she thought while collecting her materials. Rita was heading got the door when the form of Gilderoy Lockhart practically barrelled into her. She started to turn and tell him off when she felt the hesitant tug on the back of her robe and the desperate look in his eyes. Before she could say a word, Gilderoy started rambling about his missing friend.

"So Rita, can you help me?"

Rita looked Gilderoy over a couple of times. The boy was looking downright pathetic, fiddling with his robe. "Yes Gilderoy, I will try to find out what has happened to your friend. Now, all you need to do is go back to your common room, get some rest, and get up tomorrow as if everything is as it should be." Inwardly, Rita applauded herself, by helping Gilderoy she would have first dibs on this story.  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:54 pm
"Yes Gilderoy, I will help you."

Gilderoy barely heard a word Rita said after that. Waves a relief washed over his mind and slowly made it to his features. If any one would be able to find out what was going on, surely Rita would. Gilderoy drew Rita into an impromtu hug, almost missing her final instructions. "Thank you! Thank you so much Rita! I owe you one for this." He pulled away from Rita and gave her hands a quick squeeze. Taking a breath, he recomposed himself. "And I will follow your advice to a T. Once again, thank you so much for your help. But please don't over do it. Wouldn't want the world to be lacking on of the few remaining stunning beautiful blonds that are also intelligent. Good night Rita." He bowed in farewell, then followed her directions as stated.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:08 pm
Rita cringed when Gilderoy hugged her. It's not that she minded hugs from guys it's just that they normally weren't so . . sudden. She also twithced a little when he squeezed her hands. "Okay," Rita thought, "maybe it's just Gilderoy's nature that setting me off." She shook her head at the compliment, wondering where he came up with this stuff. It could be worse than any emblishment she used at times. After Gilderoy finally left, Rita noted that the classroom was now empty, save for Professor Sinestra, who was playing with the block thing again. "Where to start . . ." Rita head down to the main levels, careful to not draw too much attention to herself. She pulled out a piece of parchment and wrote down what she knew. There was Gilderoy's missing friend, but some of her other classmates had not been in class either that day. Rita wrote down their names as well, just incase this were a reoccurring theme. Rita started to head toward the great hall when she heard a noise coming from the corridor that lead to the kitchens. She paused on the other side of a statue and waited.  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:45 pm
As soon as Sirius had finished eating, he went up to the common room for a quick nap before Astronomy class. He honestly couldn't fathom why someone would schedule a class at midnight, let alone make it a required class, but, as he had no choice but to attend, he flopped down on his bed and pulled the curtains around him.

He was in the middle of quite a pleasant dream involving Remus and himself, when he jolted awake, not really knowing why. He opened his eyes groggily, pushing aside the curtains and noticing, as his stomach dropped, that it was very dark in the room. He looked at his watch and saw that it was nearly half-past midnight. "Oh..." Sirius said aloud as he continued to stare at his watch. Well, then. I guess I won't be making it to Astronomy. Hopefully someone will give me the assignment. He hoped Remus had gone, as he knew Remus always took good notes.

He hopped out of bed and decided to go down to the common room. He had a half an hour to read over the material that was assigned before class that day and catch people coming back from class.

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff