Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Game Room
men vs ladys Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 1739 1740 1741 1742 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whose all here?
  Man
  Woman
  Alien
  Animal
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:58 pm
non-numbered post
-stumblefoot-
How the hell does that work!!!! scream What just happened? Did we win or not! And maybe I should start voting in the girls favor just cos I feel like it!!
This game sucks!!
No need for raging. bandaidd has been working for the men's team for quite some time now {though she doesn't always post}. If you read the rules on the front page, you will see that if someone double posts, whether it's a scoring post or not, the other team will get two points. Since bandaidd is female, she uses this double-post rule to score points for the men's team. In other words, the men's team just won, with bandaidd scoring the winning post.

If you want to work for the lady's team, that's your business, but I think their team has plenty of members as it is.

Current count is still 58

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:05 pm
60!
yay i'm here on the weekend!
^_^  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

XxX-Dark-Gothic-Girl-XxX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:24 pm
62 wow mild rant huh?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:09 pm
60.. stare  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

Ringlefinch
Crew

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:55 pm
ThisEmptySoul
non-numbered post
-stumblefoot-
How the hell does that work!!!! scream What just happened? Did we win or not! And maybe I should start voting in the girls favor just cos I feel like it!!
This game sucks!!
No need for raging. bandaidd has been working for the men's team for quite some time now {though she doesn't always post}. If you read the rules on the front page, you will see that if someone double posts, whether it's a scoring post or not, the other team will get two points. Since bandaidd is female, she uses this double-post rule to score points for the men's team. In other words, the men's team just won, with bandaidd scoring the winning post.

If you want to work for the lady's team, that's your business, but I think their team has plenty of members as it is.

Current count is still 58
But the game lost the point of its object with the result (see rule 4) . It wasnt a man that was present to vote and what else can be derived as the meaning of a win if its men verses ladies? Ladies out numbered men one way or the other.
The default just makes a mockery of the outcome. More ladies were paying more attention to this thread than men. Hence It was even a lady that took the upper hand of men's victory, handing it to them when bandaid could of swayed things the other way if she chose.
Sure men could do the same thing if the circumstances sway that way. But surely ultimately there is nothing to gain from a result like that. If its men versus ladies its shouldnt mean what side do I prefer or want to be.

Could..., would it?....

..... Unless of course....

..you find that more fun...

User Image

eek

redface

rolleyes

xd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:42 am
Originally kila said he was curious to see how many people of each gender were in the guild, or at least would actively participate in this game. However, ever since the beginning, there has always been more of the ladies {save for a few rare instances in which the ladies were coincidentally all absent}. This trend is not exclusive to this game either... the entire guild has more active female members than males. For this reason, the men's team has previously had handicaps and for a while bandaidd was a male.

If you want it to be strictly men only versus ladies only, then men would need a handicap in order for there to be any sort of chance for them, but since kila has not been around to monitor the game much anymore, we've just been going about things on our own. For some of the ladies to help out the men's team is in essence the same as the men's team having a handicap. If you don't think there's anything wrong with the men's team having a handicap, then there isn't really any reason to complain about some ladies helping the men's team.

As for bandaidd scoring the winning post being "a mockery of the outcome", I think you are reading too much into the act. This is simply a game... it's not an all out war between the two genders. It's been known for quite some time that the ladies will pretty much always win unless the men's team gets some kind of advantage such as a handicap or a mass hiatus from the ladies, but people continue to play because it's just a game and who wins doesn't really matter. Of course, if you don't like that then you are free to stop participating.

There are still people that enjoy this game, regardless of your opinion of how they play it.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:57 am
*Sips her coffee and makes TES some tea* Here you go TES. You must be thirsty after that speech. *Hands TES a cup of tea*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:34 am
58!  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

Chris_Ffolger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:37 am
56, and 1st post of the day i suppose, although i will be going to bed here shortly  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 am
My 2nd post..54  

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 am

Hm....well maybe us ladies could only add one point, instead of two, while the men still subtract two points.....since we women seem to outnumber ya'll guys.......

Thoughts, anyone?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:34 am
First, Good Morning to all my Geezers. Second, let's clear this up right now before anymore misunderstandings come about. When bandaidd double posted, and stumblefoot asked me whether the mens team won or not, I told him what bandaidd did not knowing myself that she's been an active player for the men for quite some time. So I misinterpreted it as bandaidd defaulting the game therefore resulting in a handover win for the guys. I misconstrued her post and in turn gave stumblefoot the same misconstruction. So I take full responsibility for whatever is conspiring here. I will, however, still be an active player for the men for two more rounds just to see the outcome than I will return to the ladies team. So TES and stumblefoot, kiss and make up 4laugh , enough with the long drawn out speeches(like mines is any better! stressed ) and let's get back to the game at hand. xd

54...1st post  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:41 am
56....2nd post smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:23 am

QuestionableMeatProducts

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:37 am
non number post

Guess no one has any thoughts about my idea of the ladies adding one point & the guys subtracting 2 points........ xd

bump for the guys smile  
Game Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 1739 1740 1741 1742 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games