Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:31 pm
I wanna be the very best
To catch them is my real test

Like no one ever was
To train them is my cause

Joshua breathed a sigh of relief as they reached the solid path and the rocks stopped. He smiled wanly at Tianara. "Terrified out of my mind but physically unhurt." He said in a shaky voice. He agreed with Tianara's urge to keep going and didn't pause in the slightest. He wanted off the cliff, in case something else happened. He didn't know what that had just been but he didn't want to give it a second chance at them.

Clickies please? You know you want to click the adorable pokemon on my farm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:39 pm
Tianara smiled a little more naturally, tightened her grip on his hand for a second, and then turned and headed back down the hill - much faster than before. Once they got off the cliff, things would be all right, she thought.

A cold thought was niggling at the back of her mind - what if this happened again? They would have to find a way up from the water; they couldn't risk bringing the ocean children up that way, not if things like that might happen again.

So she moved quickly, not quite running but certainly going fast.

They had to let the merfolk know about this strange development, and then they had to find another way up into the cliffs.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Joshua stayed beside her, matching Tianara step for step. He couldn't shake the feeling of being in danger though he kept telling himself he was being silly. It was just an after effect of what they'd experienced. He realized something else, and spoke, not knowing his thoughts mirrored Tianara's. "We have to tell Katalina. That way up isn't safe anymore until we know what caused that and how to make sure it never ever happens again."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:00 pm
"Yes," Tianara agreed absent-mindedly. Her mind had already been down that track, after all. Right now, she was doing a quick magical search of the nearby cliffs, looking for a magical signature she could understand or recognize. While she found several, none of them were any that she recognized.

She knew there had been some kind of magic going on. That hadn't been a natural occurrence.

Upset now, she reached out more - and felt something lash out back at her. Jerking back from it instinctively, she stumbled backwards and nearly ran into Joshua.

"Come on," she whispered, starting to run now. "We have to hurry."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:21 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Joshua moved automatically to catch her as she stumbled. He looked at her in surprise. What had caused that. He didn't argue though, merely stepping up his pace to run beside her. He had to ask though, "What's wrong? What do you feel?" He assumed it was something magical, something she could only sense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:55 pm
Tianara caught his words only by tilting her head in his direction. When she heard him, she gave a quick shake of her head. "Later," was all she said.

She could see the ground coming up. They really were almost there now.

She could tell him all about it later.

Listening for another rumbling, or an angry shriek, she barely noticed when they were at last off the cliff wall and back safely on solid ground. She slowed after a few minutes, but didn't talk at first.

"Okay?" she breathed at last, pushing her hair out of her face so she could see him.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:16 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Joshua nodded, accepting that. He wouldn't press for details now. He knew Tianara well enough to know she had reasons for whatever she did, even if he didn't understand.

He was relieved when she finally slowed. To him, it meant they were clear of whatever danger there had been. He nodded at her question. "Scared and confused, but not hurt." He told her quietly, glancing warily back towards the cliff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm
Tianara looked up at the cliff again, still breathing a little bit faster than normal. "Come on," she said instead. "Let's go back home." She was a little worried about the supplies they'd already stored there, but there was nothing to do about it. At least not yet.

She didn't think twice about referring to the cove as 'home', even though one day she knew she'd have to leave it. Right now, it was the closest thing she had to a home.

And she was trying not to be too sad about that.

Finally remembering to release Joshua's hand, she looked down as she started to walk back towards the cove. "Something wanted to hurt us," she said quietly. "I tried to find it. It...tried to lash back at me when I did. I guess it didn't want to be recognized."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Joshua felt the absence of her hand with a sharpness that surprised him. He forced it to the back of his mind to think about later. He had more important things to worry about. He focused on her words. "Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. He didn't like the idea of something mentally attacking her. He was still slightly paranoid after the results of her tangle with the Dark Ones. "Any idea what it might have been? Even just a vague guess?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:37 pm
Tianara knew what he was thinking, and mustered a smile to help him relax. "Yes, I'm fine," she replied. "It was just trying to keep me out."

She put her hands into her pockets again, looking a little unsure of herself. "I don't know," she said at last. "It sounded unhappy, whatever it was. Like maybe it didn't want to do what it was doing?" It was a guess, and sounded like one. "Or...I don't really know," she repeated. "It pushed me out again almost right away."

With a shrug, she admitted, "It's like nothing I've ever felt before. I have no idea what it was. Not ocean-related, at least not directly."

It hadn't felt like that.

She glanced back at him. "I don't suppose you saw anything? Felt anything? Nothing like that?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Joshua smiled slightly, reassured by her words that she was okay. He listened to her description, then shook her head. "No. I didn't feel anything. I was a little too busy being scared." He said with a rusty chuckle. "And we both know you're more skilled at it then me. If you couldn't get much, the chances of me getting anything were slim. I can barely reach those I'm familiar with, never mind what I've never touched before." He shrugged lightly, not ashamed to admit she was better than him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:27 pm
Tianara stepped forward almost instinctively, before realizing there was really nothing she could say about it. "I was too," she said instead. "More than you think." She gave a weak little smile. "Still am, sort of - but not as badly as I was before. I thought..."

I thought you were going to die.

She shook her head, and didn't finish the thought.

"Some places you might be better than I am," she pointed out. "You'd be more likely to recognize a creature of the land than I would be, probably - and this was definitely a land-based creature. I would have known it otherwise." She sighed. "It doesn't really matter, not right now. We can come back and search for it again - I'm sure it won't leave. In the meantime, we should go back to the cove."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:53 am
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Joshua wondered at her unfinished sentence but didn't press her. "Thank you though. I don't know if I would have moved from the cliff if you hadn't made me." He said quietly, heading back towards the cove. He hadn't wanted to move when the rock fall had started. Now though, he was grateful Tianara had insisted they move.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 pm
Tianara smiled a little, wearily. "You would have, once you'd realized it wasn't going to stop," she replied. And you might not even have been in danger if not for me.

She couldn't know that for sure, but it was a distinct possibility. If he hadn't been able to sense the thing, it might not have been able to sense him. Or even notice him.

But it had noticed her.

Putting that thought aside for now, she walked back down the path with him. They were both alive, and that was what mattered.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:40 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

"We'll never find out and for that I'm glad." Joshua said fervently. Either way, he was simply happy to be alive and safe. He was even more relieved when they finally arrived back at the cove. "Home sweet home." He murmured to himself. He glanced at the cabin then shook his head at his own thoughts. Katalina and the others had to be warned of whatever had been at the cliff. He headed towards the water, kicking off his shoes and wading in.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games