Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:49 am
{{Ooops... I forgot to change my outfit from yesterday... lol! I'll change it after this post.}}

Jessi looked up and smiled brightly at Daniel, a special smile that was just for him. "Hey Daniel! How are you doing today?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 am
Daniel slung his bag over the desk, setting it on the floor behind the desk. He leaned on the high surface on an elbow.

"Oh, nothing new here. Come to work, go home, eat pudding, play music, repeat. You?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:04 am
Jessi laughed and leaned back in her chair. "Yay for eating pudding! Seriously, though, don't you like anything else, any kind of variety? I know you don't need to eat, but do you ever get tired of eating the same thing all the time?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:26 am
Daniel just smiled and shrugged.

"Not really. It comes in lots of flavors, it tastes and feels good, and I can buy vast quantities of it. Why wouldn't I?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:29 am
Jessi giggled and shook her head. "Well, I guess you wouldn't need to, then. But I wonder if you need to balance your diet out more? Maybe since you don't have to eat, a nutritional diet isn't important.... I honestly don't know."

She sighed and stretched back in her chair for a moment, her hands behind her head. "I'll tell you one thing, though. I wish I had a friend who could transfigure food. I am really craving some more of those fruit-filled powdered sugar pastries we had in Vienna."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:53 am
Daniel turned his head to look over at Jessi, and eyebrow arched curiously.

"Really? Should I fetch some?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:57 am
Jessi stopped stretching and looked at Daniel for a moment and actually considered it. Then, she slowly smiled and shook her head.

"No, that's okay. I appreciate the offer, but after what happened the last time, I wouldn't want you to risk it again, especially not for some silly pastries."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 am
Daniel looked down at the desk's surface, tracing circles on it with a finger. After a moment, he cleared his throat and tried to keep his face steady, though he kept facing down.

"Um. I don't want to upset or alarm you, but you should know that what uh, 'happened' before, will probably happen again. No matter what I do. For the most part."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 am
Jessi's eyes widened significantly when she heard what Daniel said. Her heart started to race and images of that horrible night flooded her mind, one appearing right after another.

She looked around and then called Hayley over the intercom to come and take over for her for a few minutes. When she hung up the phone, she looked up at Daniel seriously.

"Haley will be here soon. We can talk in your office. I don't want to talk about this out in the open."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 am
Daniel looked up as Jessi called for Haley, and confirmed by the look on Jessi's face that his intent of not upsetting her had failed miserably. When she said that they should speak in his office, Daniel just nodded solemnly.

"Alright. I'll, uh, I'll meet you in there then. Yes."

Leaning over to grab is bag, Daniel hurried off to his office once it was on his shoulder.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am
As soon as Haley showed up, Jessi quickly walked around the desk and walked into Daniel's office.

Haley looked at her a little oddly since she didn't seem her normal perky self, but she just shrugged it off since it wasn't really her business.

Jessi closed the door behind her and then looked at Daniel expectantly. She kept her voice low and soft. "Alright Daniel, so what did you mean when you said what happened before will happen again no matter what?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:35 am
Daniel had just manged to get behind his desk when Jessi strode in, door closing behind her. He slumped dpwn in his chair, beginning to regret having ever mentioning the fact.

"I don't blame you for not remembering, it was something of a traumatic moment for you, I know. But once I was patched up, the sentience that fixed things mentioined that the instability that allowed what happened to happen in the first place was still there. In point of fact, it said that it was being caused by whatever was done, what I did, to suppress my memories."

Realizing that he had been rambling, Daniel let his hands fall to into his lap dejectedly.

"I'm sorry Jessi. I don't mean to alarm you. I shouldn't have said anything."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:17 am
Jessi listened very closely to Daniel and then nodded her head once.

"Alright then. Well, you aren't suppressing your memories anymore and you've obtained many of your memories. So, surely that won't happen again, right? If suppressing your memories is what caused the.. well, the damage in the first place, then no longer suppressing your memories and remembering so much has surely got to mean that you won't experience that again."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:36 am
"Yes, some memories ahve come back, but it's not jsut the memories themselves, or anything I'm actively doing."

Daniel picked a pen up off his desk, rolling between the fingers of both hands. He was trying to figure out how he could explain something he only barely understood himself. Stopping his rolling of the pen, he held it in a hand as he made his attempt.

"Okay, try to envision this. At some point I did something that put a wall, no a shell, around my memories. They were still there, but I couldn't reach them."

Grabbing loose bit of scratch paper from a drawer, Daniel quickly sketched a close approximation of an egg shape. As he continued, only half paying attention to the sketch, he started doodling marks that looked like cracks across the egg.

"Now I've uncovered since then, that due to whatever my nature is, not even I can force an unnatural state upon myself. I can only figure that the 'shell' is cracking, and certain memories are bubbling up. Strong ones, vibrant and powerful ones. But nonetheles, the 'shell', the original impediment, is still there."

He looked up at Jessi pleadingly, hoping that he was making enough sense for her to understand, and be calmed by it if possible.

"My guess is that it'll eventually fade away on its own, or I'll eventually remember how to undo it. Until then..."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 am
{{It's like Supernatural!!! biggrin Just like Sam's predicament right now. Very cool!}}

{{I have to head home now, but be back soon!}}

Jessi tried to absorb everything Daniel was saying. At first, she was quite lost. But when he started to make an analogy with an egg, she started to get it.

"So... As long as that shell is up, you'll have problems? The pressure from those memories against that shell is what causes an incident like that night we came back from Vienna?"  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games