Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Quidditch Pitch A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 338 339 340 341 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:10 pm

User Image🦜🎹
AURAIS FLINT AURELIUS

third year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language club mute || Fencing club whack
occasional attendee of Music Club and Order of the Stick

Black team was doing pretty great! Not that Aurais had anything to do with it. He'd been so occupied just not getting in the way of the storm of bludgers and concerned about not one but two kids that had gotten pummeled into the ground that he had nearly missed Ron's goal. Aurais tried to wave a thumbs up--this was still a friendly game...right?--when Ron's little sister came away with the quaffle. Time to get in on the action, Aurais supposed. As Brianna passed by, Aurais flew close by and reached out for the steal.

Unfortunately, at that moment a gust of wind picked up and Aurais had to redirect his attention to holding on tight and fighting against the wind.

setting March 2059, quidditch || with lots of people
appearance 5’1”, spindly || wearing black robes + black jeans
status It'll be fine, this is just a friendly match!
Astyth status Why are we outside in the rain?

Stats:
AC: 13
Modifiers: +5 to spotting, catching, and stealing; +3 to everything else, -1 weather
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Swift Swipe
Lives: <3 <3 <3

Graydon Ironshield

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I slept on the ocean last night
I could see you all, and you all were dancing sideways
Your feet stuck to the skies
And I could see the airplanes dance behind your eyes
And I was glad I found the time
🎹🦜
"Along the Road" by Radical Face.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:40 pm
User Image
                                                  All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                                  It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                                  And it just so happens that we just might win
                                                  So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image
                                                  X════════════════════════X

Some much was happening on the field, but Nora had blocked it all out. She could feel that she was starting to get wet and a chill was starting, but she couldn't think about that now. She could see the snitch in front of her as she flew. She was almost close enough to touch it.

Stats:
                                                  AC: 17
                                                  Modifiers: +8 to spotting or catching; +6 to everything else; -1 due to rain.
                                                  Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: heart heart heart

null

SherbertLemondrop

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:56 am
User Image
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 7th Year Repeat> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club, Dueling Club, and Fite Club Member><Quidditch Team Beater>

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie was getting annoyed being stuck playing the defensive and was really tired of the Knapps. Mattie went on the offensive and aimed it at Dominik.

Instead of cooperating the bludger turned and slammed into Mattie's stomach. Gasping for breath she glared at the bludger as it whistled away. She felt she never played this bad. Obviously the bludgers hated her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                Purple Team
                                                Total roll: 1 (Hit Self) Future rolls: X + 5 = X

Stats:
                                                AC: 17 (-1 due to rain)(-1 hit)
                                                Modifiers: + 6 to Bludger Hits (-1 hit), +6 Bludger Dodging (-1 hit), +4 All Rolls (-1 hit) (Experience) (-1 due to rain)
                                                Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                Lives: X <3 <3 <3

{OoC: .}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:07 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinThird YearThirteen Years OldSingleChaser

While Brianna was making good on her promise to herself not to let her opponents see her bleed, it was pretty obvious she was grievously injured. She'd already coughed up a worrying mass of blood, and the it was clear her throwing arm was good only holding the Quaffle pressed against her wounded side. 'Shooting's going to be interesting with my off-hand,' she thought.

More concerning was the way her chest creaked every time she drew breath, how every move sent hot stabs of pain through her body, and that her vision was starting to gray at the edges. The chill, wet air went in like she was drawing a burning coldness into her. She told herself, 'Okay, I just need to get in, score at least one goal, so I stay even with Ron. Stay airbourne long enough for Strife to find that bleedin' Snitch so we can declare victory, and then I can fly to the Hospital Wing so I can collapse in peace. I'd rather die than let somebody see me being carried in by Ron.'

Focused on what she was doing, she hadn't realized Logan was already out of the fight, and that the rest of Team Purple was being decimated by Team Black's Beaters, nor did she realize one of the Team Black Chasers had a made a play for the ball in her possession. She was vaguely aware that a new teammate had taken up a supporting position beside and slightly above her. Brianna spared a glance to see a willowy girl with silvery blonde hair on a broomstick, someone she knew from her other classes, looking over at her hopefully. 'Yeah, sorry, I'm not giving this up until they knock me off my broomstick...'

OOC:
Username

User ImageTeam Purple Chaser
Modifiers: +3 to Shoot and Steal the Quaffle
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: [ ] [x] [x]
Action: Making my run toward the goals (2/3) (-1 DRM due to weather) (-2 DRM due to injuries)
Effect Value:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:35 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawThird YearThirteen Years OldSingle │ Beater

When she heard about the pick-up game, Linsey jumped at the chance to play. She was rather disappointed when she drew out a stone that put her as one of the reserve players. The Third Year Ravenclaw figured that for certain she would only be watching on the sidelines, right until she started seeing players being knocked out the game. All of a sudden, she getting the call, and Echo, her fellow Art Club member, and Yari’s sister, told her to play Chaser.

It was with some reluctance Linsey set aside her Beater bat, but she didn’t mind playing Chaser again. Echo told her to be up there, helping the other Team Purple Chasers, and so she put herself in a position to give support to Brianna, whom looked as though a slight breeze might send her tumbling to the ground below.

Character's Name: Linsey Grey-Cavendish
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2 (1st Yr: Reserve Chaser, 2nd Yr: Beater)
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  Team Purple Chaser
                  AC:13
                  Modifiers: +3 to Shoot the Quaffle, +3 to Steal the Quaffle, +2 to Beater Actions
                  Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                  Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
                  Action:
                  Effect Value:

Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zack Knapp
Gryffindor Third Year

"What is my role?"

Zack took the lead this time, he would take a hit on Barbara Luney - the girl who was substituting as seeker now that they knocked out one seeker.

"Mad inventory of course!"

Position: Beater - Black Team
AC: 15
Modifiers: +3 hitting
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Nat Flyer, Deft Dodger, ADV Flying I; RAIN
Lives: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Roll: 20 + 3 = 23 Hit unless deflected
Trying to: Hit Barbara

“”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:25 pm
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff Sixth Year ♖
Prefect ♖ Dueling Club ♖ Quidditch Captain & Beater ♖ Lead Stabber ♖ Musician

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Zack went after the seeker, well good for him making his own calls - but Dominik was still out to get Brianna - she was sure if she could hit her one more time she'd be out. She aimed for the opposing chaser girl...

And the quaffle went right for her - another one down. (Man Marni was going to HATE Dominik)

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Position: Black team Beater
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 Hitting
Special Skills:Mean Swing, Nat Flyer, Deft Dodge; ADV Flying I & II
Lives: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Roll: 13 +7 hitting = 20 {Hit unless defended}
Trying to: Hit Brianna

Quote:

Quote:

addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:32 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

sixth year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick warrior

Echo felt a pit in her stomach even as she pressed herself low to the broom, trying desperately to reach Brianna in time.

She wasn't fast enough--there was no way she was going to get there in time. "Harper!"

setting March 2059, Quidditch Pitch for a friendly pick-up game || with Purple team
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing warm hoodle + leggings. Waterproof mascara that better not smudge.
status Knapp-spawn need to go back into whatever hole they crawled out of.

Total roll: 2 + 8 -1 = 9<19 miss

Stats:
AC: 20
Modifiers: +8 to hitting the bludger, +6 to everything else, -1 weather
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
Lives: <3 <3 <3

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
✩★
~"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. Cover by Jonathan Young.

addaellis

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:57 pm
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 7th Year Repeat> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Music Club, Dueling Club, and Fite Club Member><Quidditch Team Beater>

What is going on with Echo and Mattie? Sure Echo wasn't a normal beater but she wasn't a bad player. Echo missed the block of Brianna that Dominik aimed at (again). Mattie rushed forward in hopes to block the girl who was near the end of her luck.

Alas! The bludger whistled past Mattie's shoulder leaving her to curse in the spluttering rain. She coughed for a moment in the rain, trying to ignore the slight red to her spittle from when she hit herself in the stomach. She could only watch Brianna's fate in horror.

Purple Team
                                                Total roll: 1 + 5 = 6 (miss)

Stats:
                                                Modifiers: + 6 to Bludger Hits (-1 hit), +6 Bludger Dodging (-1 hit), +4 All Rolls (-1 hit) (Experience) (-1 due to rain)

{OoC: .}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SherbertLemondrop rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:36 pm
User Image

User Image

This was it. Nora couldn't get much closer to the snitch then she was. She took a deep breath and made a grab for it...and missed. The tiny ball had dart once again just as she was closing her hand around it. She grumbled and took off after it once again, just wanting this to be over.

Stats:

null

SherbertLemondrop

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:47 am
User Image

So Brianna fell. Mattie had to focus on the beaters in this game. The two Knapps were monsters. She decided to go for the younger Zack. He shouldn't be hard to hit, right?

Purple Team
                                                Total roll: 20 + 5 = 25 (hit unless blocked)

Stats:

{OoC: Finally a decent roll}
                                                Stefan Lee Salvatore

Quote:

Quote:

Trickblues rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:07 am
User Image
I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh, wo-o-o-o-o-oh

User Image

Halfblood | Second Year Gryffindor | Twelve Years Old
Quidditch - Reserve | Fite Club | Namaste
March 2059 Quidditch Pitch With: Everyone! Well... Except for the recently deceased. RIP Galen, Logan.
Wearing: Quidditch Uniform Status: We can do this!

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Logan was down! She hadn't seen or heard anything, trying and failing to keep up with Ron, but Echo's command to switch to seeker was indication enough. "I'm on it!" Babs called back. With a spin to direct her broom the opposite direction, she began her hunt for the snitch.

Though she worried for Logan and what sort of bludgeoning became of him, this role was much more her speed. She only hoped she could do her team proud and put an end to this bloodbath. It certainly wouldn't be easy when she was set to be next for the chopping block! It felt like she'd barely started and already one of the balls was smacking her in the thigh with a yelp. Her beaters seemed more concerned with saving Brianna--rightly so, from what Bonnie could tell it looked like she was doomed as the rest of them! That was fine. She wasn't about to let one big little bruise send her down!

There was a glimpse of gold, just briefly, but Barbara lost it as quick as it came. She sped forward in the direction she thought it might have went and hoped for the best that she might catch sight of it.

Position: Purple Seeker
                                                          - 1 All; Rain
                                                          AC: 12
                                                          Modifiers: +2 Spotting, +2 Catching
                                                          Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
                                                          Lives: ♡ ♡
                                                          Final Roll: 17

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                          Username

I'm never gonna look back, whoa
                                                          I'm never gonna give it up, no
                                                          Please don't wake me now
                                                          This is gonna be the best day of my life
                                                          My li-i-i-i-i-ife

Trickblues

SherbertLemondrop rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:12 am
User Image

User Image

The snitch was once again in reach. Nora put out her hand and pressed forward on her broom.

Her breath caught as she felt the metal under her fingertips. Without hesitation, she grasped. It took Nora a moment but once she realized that she'd done it, she yelled shoving her fist in the air, a large smile coming across her face.

Stats:

null

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:21 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone?
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Scrimmage Match
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Black Team Wins 160-0!

Xiang had watched the match like a hawk.... well, a hawk in the rain because it was messy. The beaters were next level, and the younger professor could feel the growing annoyance from the healers below. A few times, she'd had to scold players for using magic, meaning she'd have to start giving them a stern warning before future games. And of course, Xiang hated being stern. Messed up her internal sunshine.

Finally, one of the Seekers got lucky and Xiang was able to end the match, so Xiang called forth the loudening spell once more. "EVERYBODY FREEZE! Nora on the Black Team was successfully able to catch the Snitch! Black team wins! Everybody, land down so I and our healing team can offer healing spells and potions! You all did a super good job! Congrats!" She used a spell to summon the bludgers, trapping them back in their box with ease. Once the quaffle was tossed her way, it was also placed in its home, and she prepared to do some healing for the kids that survived the brutality of the beaters.

I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          Jᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ, I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ
          Ⲁⲛⲇ Ⲓ ⲱⲟⲛ'ⲧ 𝓵ⲓ𝓿ⲉ ⲙⲩ 𝓵ⲓ𝓯ⲉ ⲁ𝓯ꞅⲁⲓⲇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:36 am
User Image User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith xxxxxxxxxxxxx Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
Hufflepuff Sixth Year xxxxxxxxxxxx Slytherin Third Year

Brianna was determined to do her part for the team, even if it was being picked apart around her, no matter how much it hurt to breath. She and Ron both believed in ‘leaving it all on the pitch’. Focused as she was on reaching Team Black’s endzone so she could make her scoring attempt, she didn’t see the Bludger streaking toward her until it was too late for her to do much more than gasp, “Oh, crap!”

Hitting with all the force of a rifle shot from relatively close range, the line drive caught the little Third Year just below her collar, slamming into her breastbone and snapping it as the momentum threw her up and backwards. With her arms flailing, and the Quaffle falling away from her nerveless grasp, Brianna was flung over the back of her broomstick. For a timeless instant, she saw her broomstick continuing on without her, the ball falling, momentarily forgotten, and found she couldn’t get so much as a gasp of air despite being surrounded with it. ‘Shouldn’t this hurt more?’ she wondered briefly, as she mercifully blacked out.

Ron was circling back around, looking for the chance to interrupt Team Purple’s next scoring chance. As he emerged from a column of mist, he saw what was going on around him. Players were falling from the skies, and Team Purple was down to using a little Second Year Chaser as their Seeker, while a white-haired Ravenclaw Beater was pulled from the reserve pool to replace one of their Chasers. It was then he spotted the Bludger striking his sister like a guided missile.

Anna!” Ron shouted, as he saw her being blasted from the top of her mount. Without a first thought, Ron threw himself into a steep dive, passing past Linsey close enough to nearly clip her in his haste, as his attention was solely focused on intercepting his sister’s tumbling body. He put his mount through a wide turn as he descended, so he could ‘cross the T’, as he worked to get ahead and below Brianna. At the last instant he clenched his legs about the broomstick as he relaxed his upper body as much as he could and reached out with both hands.

Brianna slammed into Ron with the force of a girl-sized Bludger, knocking the breath from his body as he caught her, and, as he somehow managed not to be parted from his mount, both of them went tumbling into a corkscrewing dive. While maintaining a virtual death-grip on Brianna with one arm, Ron grabbed his broomstick with his other hand, as the world spun madly around him.

Knowing he was rapidly running out of air beneath them, and likely at risk of either crashing into the stands or the perimeter of the pitch, Ron fought to check the wicked fast roll. Finally, he managed to throw his weight to the other side enough that he came out of the roll, and pulled out of the dive close enough to the ground he’d later find grass stains on the tops of his sneakers. Ron banked into a turn to avoid colliding with a wall, before using a tail slide to skid to a stop near the middle of the pitch.

As he caught his breath, Ron balanced Brianna’s broken body in his lap, while her blonde head was pillowed upon his shoulder. “Butterbeers at Three Broomsticks, just like always, Anna,” he said to her breathily. “Don’t worry, I’m buying.”

Team Black Chaser
Modifiers: +6 to Catch and Shoot the Quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [X]
Action: Cool, but insane stunts on a broomstick and a rescue
Effect Value:

Team Purple Chaser
Modifiers: +3 to Shoot and Steal the Quaffle
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: [X] [X] [X]
Action: Plunging like a rock
Effect Value:

OOC:
Username

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 338 339 340 341 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games