Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 am
User Image
User Image

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「I can't wait to get on the field!」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Tyler」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn laughed at Nevin's comment. "Don't worry, I'm sure it was all just first year luck!" She smiled at the cousin as she greeted the table. She was a bit taken back at first watching yuan and justin go back in forth but it was so cute she had to look away so they wouldn't see her smile. A new first year came to the table. "Hello, I'm Ryn! Welcome to Hufflepuff!"

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 pm
User Image

εηησ✗ gαℓvαηι, Fιяsт Yεαяxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -Hufflepuff-

mood ► Famished.

thought ► Oh, someone's talking to me...

location ► Hufflepuff table

Whilst attending to his delicious delusions, a voice broke out to speak to him. The table had gone so quiet in it's cheering that it was only the murmur of the students that kept the table alive. Soon he watched the sorting come to a close. That was it? He was the only first year to be sorted into Hufflepuff? Lennox couldn't make out if that was a good thing or bad thing. He resolved to take it as a good thing, even though the back of his mind lingered onto it's trecherous reasons why he would end up sleeping in a room by himself.

That part didn't bother him as much. He did sleep in his own bedroom back home. But then again, all the other first years had someone they could talk too on late nights. Meanwhile, Lennox had no one. The thought made him crestfallen as he peered to look at all the students talking oh so merrily to one another. Lennox wished he could join them. He was a real loud one when he was with people he knew. But here, there wasn't anyone that he knew, no one to ease the tension.

Just then, he realized that the girl who had welcomed someone was talking to him.
"Oh hello, I'm Lennox. Thank you." He choked out, barely hearing even his own voice. Speak up! His mind ranted but his mouth already opened. The words were spoken and it was done. Now all he had to do was wait for her to lose interest or perhaps ask for him to speak louder.

His head lowered down to look at the empty plate once more. Now that sorting was over, surely food would come? If food didn't arrive soon, he would have to resort to that nasty pumpkin juice he had taken a dislike to. Maybe if he drank it all in one gulp, the sweetness wouldn't be so bad. Lennox went with his gut, rather more his stomach, and drank one large gulp of the pumpkin juice. It turned our horribly, the taste lasting in his mouth now more than ever. He smacked his lips and instantly regretted the decision that he had made. No more pumpkin juice tonight.

User Image

∝╬══→▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
work it harder • make it better
do it faster • make us stronger

Unknown Apothecary

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm
User Image
User Image

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「He seems nice」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Lennox」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn smiled at the newest member of their house. She remembered when she first arrived she was a bit shy or the house."Well it's great to have you here Lennox. I might be bias but I think we are the best friends you could ever make. Not to mention we have the best house team there is! Are you thinking of joining?" She asked him with a dazzling smile on her face. She could tell he would be a great addition to their house already.

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:12 pm
User Image
I think I'm living a dream come true,

whenever I am with you...

Austin looked at Yuan. "Y-yeah" he said. "I tried to, it d-didn't go well." he smiled sheepishly. When Yuan mentioned the boy from his vision it took the second year a second to recall what he was talking about. "Oh yeah?" he said.

The music within me

Will let you know what I feel

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Unknown Apothecary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 pm
User Image

mood ► Curious.

thought ► What could she be talking about?

The boy looked up from his post and forced a small smile. Let's hope she's right for Lennox's state. He wasn't a conversation starter nor a friend getter. It was rare for him to start talking to people out of the blue that he didn't know. It just wasn't in his nature. He just let the friendly people come to him. It was much less complicated to know who was easier to acquiant with and who to stay clear from.

Lennox could care less on those that didn't care about. Actually no. That's a big fat lie. He wanted to be friends with everybody. People who were popular. People who had friends themselves. He had an absolute curiousity about other people. What would they do in his shoes? Would they laugh, cry, say something similar to him? Hey look, that person is almost exactly like me, why does he have more friends? Those kinds of things.

It tore his little brain around, ripping out ideas and thoughts one by one. At his muggle school, he would have little goals for himself. People, more so. The goal was to, by the end of the year, he had to befriend a certain person, be their right hand man. Know their deepest darkest secrets and basically inseperable with that person. Usually someone with a somewhat high status in the food chain. For a majority of the time, he proved himself successful, gaining the trust of the said subject. However by the new year, he would have a new one. New target. Subject. A new goal.

It was hard for him to maintain the same circle of friends because of that. New sets of people every year. Never enough long time memories with someone to reminisce the past with. It saddened him deeply. Lennox loved all of his friends. It was there was just something in him that told him to move on. As if he was searching for the 'right' person or group to be with.

When things come close to that point, his family ends up moving creating a bigger gap to fill when going to a new school. These were people that have been classmates since they were little kids and here he is, dropped into their social group. He had no bitter feelings on his parents. It wasn't their fault. But it did make him miss all the people he had befriended, making it much harder to make new ones. He was always living in the past. His head filled with previous conversations. Running over and over like a broken record.

What could he have said differently? Perhaps if he said this maybe that wouldn't havee happened? His lack of initiative has made him always thinking of the possible scenarios. The possibilties. Could haves and could bees.

Lennox looked at Ryn quizzically. House team? What on earth was she talking about?
"Sorry? Join what exactly?" He asked, hoping not to seem rude. Was there some sport that Hogwarts offered? Football? Lacrosse? Handball? Or perhaps another type of game that wizards themselves invented? Whatever it was, Lennox had no inkling of what she was talking about. It made him feel small and deprived.

She was talking in such a nonchalant fashion making it seem like the topic was something known by everybody. Except it wasn't. Not to Lennox anyway. He couldn't help but continue his glaze as he waited for a reply. Somewhat of a blank stare more like it. But he couldn't help it, he was intrigued now.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:27 pm
User Image
User Image

~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn blushed a bit. How unthoughtful was she not even asking if he new wizarding sports." Oh I'm sorry, we play Quidditch, a wizarding sport. It's quite fun. I'm sure you'll love flying, as a first year you have flying class to get certified." She explained hoping he would love it. 'Not everyone loves it as much as I do but I hope he will enjoy it' She grabbed a glass of pumpkin juice and took a large sip. This was looking to be quite a good feast this year.

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Unknown Apothecary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 am
User Image

mood ► Curious.

thought ► What could she be talking about?

Lennox wasn't quite sure what Quidditch and flying had to do with each other. As he began to bring the peices togetherm there was a certain rush of excitement. A sport that consisted of flying! Something man had always envied the birds. The ability to soar and take flight. How do wizards support themselves though? Do they cast magic on themselves that allows them to fly? Or perhaps...his mind trailed to his day at Diagon Alley. There was a store that had the word Quidditch in it and on the display were brooms of all sorts. They traveled on brooms! It's like how those witches back then were depicted. So those painters and lunatics weren't lunatics at all. They were merely witches that were getting by.

Thinking of all this let the adrenaline in his bood flow and for a moment the feeling of hunger dissapeared. Right now he wanted to learn more about the brooms and Quidditch. It sounded awfully fascinating. It was probably only later that his dismal and rather pessimist attitude would kick in. Right now this new idea was much more intruiging to be thinking of negative thoughts. Finding his words, he managed to ask,
"How do you play Quidditch?" The sudden interest scared him. It was easy for him to get riled up about something.

The only problem was keeping it interesting. Just the thought of flying excited him enough. Hopefully it won't be too boring once in the air. Lennox really wanted to give Quidditch a try. He had only been given two words but just the thought of it was enough to get his blood pumping. There was also the images of the Quidditch store back in Diagon Alley. If Ryn loves it as much as she says it does then it can't be all too bad now can it? He didn't want to end up giving up the sport once he got accustommed to it. That's happened all too many times before. Showing promise at one sport or thing but quickly getting bored.

If this was the only sport offered here at Hogwarts, he didn't want to quit at it right away. Sports offered ways to make friends regardless of age. If he could somehow make it on the team maybe it will fill the emptiness inside him. Although he shouldn't get ahead of himself. There was no guarantee that he was going to exceel in the sport, let alone flying. He had to take it one step at a time. If that was possible for him. Lennox was a bit impatient when it came to those things. Always wanting to go to the next level, the next phase. But it didn't always work out.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 pm
User Image
User Image

~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn noticed his excitement pick up and she grew her smile back." Well here is the game. Quidditch is a wizarding sport played on broomsticks. It is the most popular game among wizards and witches, kind of like football. The game is played by two teams of seven people, three Chasers, two Beaters, one Keeper, and one Seeker. That involves four balls, a Quaffle, two Bludgers, and a Golden Snitch. The Keeper guards the goal posts. The three Chasers score goals with the Quaffle by tossing it into one of the opposing team's three goal posts. That's what I do. The two Beaters keep the Bludgers away from their team and hit the Bludgers towards the opposing team. The Seeker catches the Golden Snitch to end the game. The object of the game is to score more points than your opponents. Each goal is worth ten points and catching the Snitch is worth one-hundred fifty points. The game ends when the Snitch is caught or an agreement is reached between the captains of both teams. Some games can go on for many days if the Snitch is not caught. It's bloody brillant!" she took a big breath after explaining. It was quite a lot of information to get out but she new it by heart.

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:00 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
The sun was hardly visible on the ceiling above as Bailey trekked across the marble floor, settling comfortably at the end of the Hufflepuff table. She hadn't enjoyed an appropriate-sized breakfast for over a week, and the stress of taking O.W.L.s was finally catching up to her. She piled her silver platter high with bacon, eggs, and a large Belgian waffle, filling her goblet with milk while paying little attention to her surroundings.

Around the same time that her goblin-crafted fork punctured the yoke of her over-easy eggs, a small roll of parchment landed softly on the table to her left. Assuming it was meant for someone else, she glanced around, but only three other people had joined her at the table so far, all of which were at the other end. Her eyes shot to the air above her, where a multi-colored hawk hovered for several seconds before soaring in the opposite direction. Confused and disoriented, Bailey unraveled the string of leather that tied the parchment together, then flattened the paper against the table as she began to read.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bails,

The usual spot at midnight.
Wear your serious face and a
determined head on your shoulders.
Tonight's the night.

Bray

The collection of words undoubtedly belonged to her Uncle Braylon, but the excitement that ran through her veins was unfamiliar to her. She had always perked up a bit at the thought of practicing to become an animagus, but this thrill was much different. Tonight was not practice, it was the real thing. She had failed to reach her goal every Tuesday, managing little more than a painful tail. This week however, she was being given an extra opportunity, and after her long review of the necessary chapters, Bailey knew that she had to take advantage of this and hopefully make future practices unnecessary.

Pocketing the letter, she shoveled a large scoop of eggs and waffle into her mouth, then grabbed a crispy piece of bacon and her book bag before heading upstairs to her first class of the day. The question of why her uncle had not sent Pickwick, the family owl, nagged at the edge of her brain for a majority of the day, but she finally convinced herself that Braylon must have invested in another unusual pet, an act that certainly wouldn't surprise her.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:33 pm
User Image
User Image
MAGIC IS MY STRENGTH POWER IS MY WEAKNESS
User Image
Bailey slipped through the enormous doors to the great hall, which were being held open by magic. Her fingers were still intertwined with Nevin's, the main source of the glowing smile she wore so publicly. She kept her still broken wrist in its sling and close to her body as they shoved through mingling students and took their seats at the Hufflepuff table. She noticed there were still plenty of open seats, though there was now a steady flow of students making their way into the hall. She laughed to herself as she compared them to a stampede of wild animals.

The sorting ceremony was always the best of the year. There was food, new acquaintances, and the enjoyable feeling of actually wanting to go to class. This year, the yearning for Hogwarts felt so much stronger to Bailey, likely because of her unsatisfactory summer. It wasn't that it had been uneventful, but too eventful, rather.

Brushing off the train wreck of negative thoughts that were fighting to overpower her good mood, the sixth year turned her attention to the new students awaiting the wrath of the sorting hat. She sifted through the unorganized line of first years, some shaking with visible nerves, while others stood tall and adverse to defeat. She picked through each of them, trying to mentally guess at which ones would join their table. She was rather surprised when the very first girl had been dubbed a Hufflepuff - her guess had been a Ravenclaw. After she had finished with her bets, she leaned back a bit and let her shoulders slouch, watching intently to see how many she could guess correctly.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin squeezed Bailey's hand lightly when they entered the large hall. The business at the train was nothing compared to what was inside here. The first years were quite numerous but that was a good thing. When he heard bailey laugh he chuckled slightly only guessing what she must have been thinking.

His eyes slowly went from the first years to the staff table. He was a little nervous although it was more excitement than anything that made him shake. There he was, his father was sitting at his spot at the table and looked just as dashing as usual. If only mother could see him now. "Hey Bai, look up there" he said pointing towards him. "Thats my father" he said looking at her smiling widely.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm
User Image
User Image

Those closest to me: Nevin, Bailey

What drives my words: I can't wait for this!

What I can't control: Excitement

Cyrus slipped into the seat on the other side of Nevin. He was glad that the other was so comfortable with Bailey. He'd almost go as far to tease him about being cute. But right now the 5th year wasn't going to do it. He tried not to fidget about, for once he was excited for the first of the year.

"Geez can we get going already. I'm ready for this." Cyrus muttered to himself. The brunette looked to see where Nevin was pointing when he mentioned his father. He spotted a long haired man with glasses and smiled. Even from this distance he could tell they were related with ease. Nevin looked a lot like his dad.

Brave men are all vertebrates; they have their softness on the surface and their toughness in the middle.

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:55 pm
User Image
User Image
MAGIC IS MY STRENGTH POWER IS MY WEAKNESS
User Image
When Nevin pointed out his father sitting at the staff table, Bailey's eyes followed his finger quickly, but she didn't have to search long to spot him. There were faint similarities between the two, and her first impression of him was rather pleasant. He looked friendly, but he very possibly possessed a strict side for teaching. She smiled thoughtfully before turning to Nevin. "Professor Asphodel." She spoke in an almost elderly, but respectful voice. "That'll be you some day, Nev. Care of Magical Creatures teacher." Though the last half of her sentence was spoken in a lightly teasing tone, she meant every word that she said.

She thought back to when she had first met Nevin - he was so interested in magical creatures. She figured it might have just been a phase of his life, but it most certainly had not worn off. He was great with animals, and she could easily see him teaching children their age ten years from now - or maybe less.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:55 pm
JaneAbigailDoyle
Hufflepuff

User Image
Jane sighed as she went to join her table. This was not at all what she was expecting, she supposed she should be happy but how was she Hufflepuff. It made absolutely no sense to her. She had read in a book about hufflepuff and it had said 'Students belonging to this house are known to be hard-working, friendly, loyal, and non-judgemental. It may be that due to their values, Hufflepuffs are not as competitive as the other houses, or are more modest about their accomplishments.' No of that was true to her, not even close it was almost the exact opposite. She sighed again and took a seat. She was warmly welcomed but that made her feel no better, she didn't even crack a smile.  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:11 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin smiled when Cyrus joined them and expressed his stress towards the slowness that is the sorting process."Hang in there Cyrus" he laughed again. Nevin could not help but feel a bit of pride slide into him when she addressed him as Professor Asphodel. It felt good to hear it. He even felt that pride increase when she said that someday he'd be up there as the Care of magical creatures professor. It was his dream and by any means he'd make sure he got there.

"Thanks Bai" he smiled and without much thought leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss. Perhaps it was the good mood he was in but he just couldn't help but do it. His attention was pulled to the side when a first year joined them. She didn't look very happy but non the less as a prefect he felt the need to be much more social with the new comers. "Welcome to Hufflepuff! I am Nevin Asphodel. Fifth year prefect." he began in a very confident voice" Dont worry, what ever you heard about us isn't all true. We may be the more humble of the bunch but get us in the right situation and I dont even think Slytherin would have a chance" he jested but part of him even believed it. "Especially in Quidittch right Bailey" he said looking back to his girlfriend.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games