Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:09 am
User Image

( PurebloodThird Year HufflepuffChaser ) xx

I turn the music up, I got my records on
                                                        From underneath the rubble sing a rebel song
                                                        Don't want to see another generation drop
                                                        I'd rather be a comma than a full stop
                                                        Maybe I'm in the black, maybe I'm on my knees
                                                        Maybe I'm in the gap between the two trapezes

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lucien chuckled and shrugged when Faina admitted that she didn't take Alchemy due to it not being needed from Aurors-to-be."Honestly I took Alchemy because I thought it was fun. Turns out to be tricky and all-historical though. But there are some interesting hands-on activities so I'll live. Good thing my dad talked me out of it about me taking too much electives, granted like a typical Ravenclaw he d had taken way too many of 'em when he was my age." Her being an auror sounded a bit fitting, given that she comes off as protective towards Katya. And he didn't think she was the type to let herself be vulnerable either, which was why he felt surprised that she acted all flustered. Like a classic teenager, but then again Faina deserved loosening up for a while. Like his father, honestly. The man, as much as he was living the dream of creating valuable metal charms... Lucien's father has the tendency to be all-work even if Lucien knew that he liked parties. Good thing his Tia Vasya had noted him that his father was improving juuuuust a little, though Lucien honestly wished that Gregori could at least get a date.

Lucien raised his eyebrow, honestly very curious of what was Faina trying to spit out. Because really, this was kind of a rare sight that she was this... unsure? Of what she was going to say? She struck as someone who was very self-assured so maybe there was something wrong that was going on. His expression was very confused too when Katya was genuinely giggling about it! He was going to ask what was going on when he heard Katya, given the usually quiet atmosphere of the library, nudging her older sister about 'asking him out'. Oh... Oh.

The Hufflepuff boy looked stunned, wondering if Fai was asking him out. As in the date older teens do in films. The concept didn't really cross his mind because Lucien was convinced that he'll only think about these things at age seventeen. Or well, that and his father always told him to never ever mistake infatuation for love, telling him to always be treading carefully even if he's not technically forbidding him to date anyone. His father taught him about what he needs to know about love life at age eleven, probably as a way for Lucien to not be like the... impulsive flirts.

Maybe if he would ask for clarification, it might clear out some fogs. "As in, like, a date?" He asked with an unsure smile, "I mean, I'm not saying 'no', mind. Just a rain check? I mean like- I like you, really. It's just... let's just say that I'm kind of careful in decision-making in general?" He was then scratching the back of his head, starting to be unsure of how to respond to this effectively. Or maybe he can. Just because it's a date didn't mean it's immediately a girlfriend-boyfriend situation, right? Dating was, for him, hanging out with someone you like and testing the waters. Maybe his dad will understand, it's not like Lucien was running around acting like an idiot. "Wait. Actually, yeah sure, I'm interested. I mean, I do like hanging with you so yep, that's a yes. I'm in." He ended his sentence in a mundanely awkward way but he was as genuine as his smile.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

But my heart is beating and my pulses start
                                                        Cathedrals in my heart
                                                        As we saw oh this light I swear
                                                        You'll emerge blinking into, to tell me it's alright
                                                        As we soar walls, every siren is a symphony
                                                        And every tear's a waterfall

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        (( ooc ))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Winter 2040xx
                                                        wнere - Study Areaxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Fiana and Katya (soon)
                                                        xxxxxx

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          ωнєи тнє ℓєα∂єя σf тнє вα∂ gυуѕ ѕαиg ѕσмєтнιиg ѕσfт
                                          αи∂ ѕσαкє∂ ιи ραιи, ι нєαя∂ тнє є¢нσ fяσм нιѕ ѕє¢яєт нι∂єαωαу
                                          нє мυѕт'νє fσяgσт тσ ¢ℓσѕє нιѕ ∂σσя
                                          αѕ нє ¢яαикє∂ συт тнσѕє ∂ιѕмαℓ ¢нσя∂ѕ
                                          αи∂ нιѕ fσυя ωαℓℓѕ ∂є¢ℓαяє∂ нιм ιиѕαиє

spaceCharley wasn't planning on breaking into the restricted section of the library this year, of course. She wanted more time to plan, and to do some research on what she might find useful there when she did eventually get in. It wasn't like she planned on there being only one trip, but if she got caught the first time, she wasn't about to risk doing it again. She wanted to pick her uncle's brains for what would be interesting or of use there before she risked anything. That way, she could come up with a hierarchy of sorts to determine what she wanted to look into first. Logically, she knew she'd get caught eventually, she was hardly a master criminal. Just a kid with a hobby... for now.

spaceThe Ravenclaw combed through the stacks, looking for all the world like a bored child looking for something, but not quite knowing what. She was in the nerd house, it wasn't that much of a stretch that she might come to the library and just wander around, wondering what obscure or random thing she wanted to read today. Actually, she should make a habit of doing just that. But not today, since today was devoted to reconnaissance. Humming idly to herself, she found her eyes narrowing at various points of entry to the library, and the 'security' on the restricted section, which amounted to a cord blocking it off with a sign that said 'restricted.' Well, that was disappointing. Unless there were magical wards in place as well.

space... Well, there had to be, right? Out of curiosity, she grabbed a random book off the shelf nearest her, and tossed it promptly over the cord, waiting to see if there was some sort of shield spell on the area. The book, rather undramatically, fell to the other side, indicating that if there was some sort of protection, it only applied to people, not objects, which was useful data. And of course, she now had the perfect chance to test if there was, in fact, some sort of ward up that only worked on people. She had to retrieve the book, after all. Rather unceremoniously, she dropped to her knees, crawling forward under the cord to grab the book. Meeting no resistance from any sort of magic, she sighed, settling back on her haunches with the book in hand.
                                          "Well, that's disappointing," she declared quietly, though not quietly enough in this section of the library. She was rather sure her voice carried quite well, actually, and winced at the prospect of getting caught.

ι ∂σи'т киσω ιf тнιѕ ѕσиg ιѕ α ѕυяяєи∂єя σя α яєνєℓ
                                          ι ∂σи'т киσω ιf тнιѕ σиє ιѕ αвσυт мє σя тнє ∂єνιℓ
                                          уσυ'яє тнє נυ∂gє, σн иσ, ѕєт мє fяєє
                                          ι киσω му ѕσυℓ'ѕ fяєєzιиg, нєℓℓ'ѕ нσт fσя gσσ∂ яєαѕσи
                                          ѕσ ρℓєαѕє

wнere - Library - Near the Restricted Section
                                          wнen - Late Spring 2041
                                          wιтн - Ariel
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 pm
User Image User Image
Faina Patrovna xxxxxxxxxxxxx Katya Patrovna
Slytherin Fourth Year xxxxxxxxxxxx Hufflepuff First Year

"Mother gave me the same advice," Faina said. "There's a lot of classes which interested me, but I don't have the time to take them all, and do all the classwork well enough to make it worth my while. If I'm going to do so poorly that I can't pass them all, what's the point in taking them at all? Although, I took Professor Hawthorn's Art Class because I wanted at least one fun class."

For what seemed like an eternity of a few moments, Faina felt so nervous and honestly scared that it seemed as though there were somebody standing upon her chest as she waited to see how Lucien answered her. As she learned in her Third Year Dark Arts class, her boggart was to be abandoned and rejected, and she was facing just that here and now. Her emotions roiled through her like a potion cooking over too hot of a flame. Having discussed such matters with Mother over the summer, she'd been advised that if she wanted something badly enough she needed to assert herself. Genuinely as nice and as cute as Lucien was, Faina feared if she didn't try her luck sooner than later, some other girl would swoop in to claim him, and she'd be left regretting her own timidity. It was no exaggeration there were a lot of girls at Hogwarts, many of them smarter, prettier, and from more well-heeled families than she. While those facts served to make her more determined, it was also no lie she still needed a bit of goading from her younger sister to take the risk, and unlike the Dark Arts class, this was one time she wasn't facing her boggart alone.

It was this last bit was why she couldn't bring herself to feel angry or annoyed at the way Katya prodded her into action, and how she giggled about what was going on with her. Katya had no clue what was behind her attack of nerves, but the time would come soon enough when her sister would face this particular rite of passage.

She only started to breathe again when she started to realize she'd caught him by surprise. "I'm pretty careful about making decisions myself," she said, feeling as though she were treading upon more familiar ground; with a glance to indicate Katya, she added, "I've kinda had no choice in that, so I'm not looking to rush things either. Rushing never ends well. Things will progress in their own time or they won't, we will see. So, yes, dating, hanging out, that works for me as well." It was only now when she wasn't feeling as though a bear was squashing her did she relax, the look in her eyes brightened with relief, and her smile was as genuine as Lucien's.

For her part, Katya kept quiet, watching how things unfolded, rather like how a cat might watch two people playing table tennis. As serious as her sister was, she needed to loosen up, though the younger girl hoped she hadn't screwed things up by pushing her sister into acting on her wishes.

Julian Galaksylph

OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:12 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Charley
Mood
Curious

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Ariel had tried to ignore his thoughts about the restricted section but his attention was drawn to it at the sound of a small thud that almost echoed through the quiet of the room. Glancing over towards the area in question, he noticed a girl now crawling under the rope and into the restricted section. That was curious. He wondered what she was doing, was she just as interested in the restricted section as he was? Or was she up to no good. His curiosity definitely was getting the better of him. So he slowly stood up, making sure not to scrape the chair against the flooring.

Hearing her comment about her disappointment was rather amusing. Deciding to make his way carefully over to the entrance of the restricted section. "Are the books in there boring or something? I heard something about disappointment. Honestly if the books in here are boring I would be fairly disappointed too." He made sure to speak in hushed whispers, there was no need to get the two of them in trouble for loitering near the restricted section...or in her case, in the restricted section.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Fuzzymelonlord

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

нere'ѕ тo вeιng нυмan, all тнe paιn and ѕυғғerιng
                                                  тнere'ѕ вeaυтy ιn тнe вleedιng, aт leaѕт yoυ ғeel ѕoмeтнιng
                                                  ι wιѕн ι ĸnew wнaт ιт waѕ lιĸe тo care enoυgн тo carry on
                                                  ι wιѕн ι ĸnew wнaт ιт waѕ lιĸe тo ғιnd a place wнere ι вelong

space"Sorin!"

spaceThe fifth year was awakened by the loud hiss of his name and the slamming shut of a book near his ear. Slowly and reluctantly, he blinked his eyes open, finding his sister's face mere inches from his own, her eyes a bright, almost acidic green. Oh, she must be mad, he thought distantly. She hadn't had trouble controlling her eye color since she was maybe eight. For them to be green at all, and especially that green, she had to be in the foulest of moods.

spaceHalf-asleep as he was, it took Sorin a long moment to care about why she might be angry. But, once his senses were mostly caught up, he frowned at her, sitting up straight very suddenly.
                                                  "What? What is it? What's wrong?" he asked quickly, eyes scanning the immediate area for her betrothed. Wherever his sister was, Hermolaos was almost certain to be nearby. Something that Sorin resented more than a little bit, if he were being honest. But, for her to be this upset, surely the b*****d had done something?

space"What's wrong is, you are supposed to be studying," she hissed, teeth clenched. He frowned slightly, not understanding why exactly she was so upset over it. "Can't you even pretend to care about your lessons, Sorin? This isn't like at home, I can't sit in for you."

spaceHe snorted faintly. Would that she could. He'd give anything to be able to not go to his lessons. Although, he'd settle for being able to skip the exams.
                                                  "It's boring," he said, tone petulant. "It's always been boring and it's always going to be boring." He sighed as Celeste let out an aggravated huff, shrugging at her. "I'm trying, okay? But I read two sentences and realize I don't know what either of them said. Then I blink and it's been two hours and there's drool on my textbook."

space"Why's this such a big deal to you, anyway?" he asked, arching a brow curiously. He knew she cared about him, she was his sister after all, but this seemed a bit extreme.

space"Because! I... It just is!" He gave her a look, unwilling to accept that as an answer. Instead of giving a better one, though, she simply tacked on, "Why isn't it a big deal to you? Think of what happens if you so much as make an A, Sorin. Gods forbid you fail something." Her eyes glinted desperately.

space"It won't be so bad," Sorin said slowly. "It never is. Grandmother-"

space"Grandmother won't be able to help you if it's on your bloody record, Sorin!" Celeste's voice was raising in volume and increasing in pitch as she spoke. "This isn't 'Sorry my marks aren't so great,' this is 'I can't follow an acceptable career path because I bombed the important exams.' And if it's not bad enough, you know he'll take most of it out me."

spaceWell, that finally got his attention.
                                                  "I... I'm sorry, Celeste," he told her. "You're right. I should... I can pass the written just fine, you know? The studying's not really... It's the practicals. I'm not-"

space"Good at wandwork," his sister finished quietly, to which he nodded. Truthfully, Sorin was a terrible wizard. His mind was fine, but once he had a wand in his hand he was basically useless. He'd never really been sure why.

spaceCeleste's face grew thoughtful. "... The practical examinations are given individually," she said slowly. He leaned forward, brow furrowing. "They're given individually. So... I can't take your written for you. But... I could take the practicals."

spaceOn the one hand, Sorin felt guilty that they were even discussing this. On the other hand, he really was likely to bomb a fair few of his practical examinations, even if he did try. Celeste taking them for him would pretty much guarantee that he got excellent marks; for all his failings as a wizard, his sister was a hell of a witch.
                                                  "Okay, so... So, I tell you when my timeslot is, and then-"

space"Then I take them in your place," she said quietly, eyes darting back and forth, looking for the librarian or another student. No one seemed to be nearby, so she continued, "Just like at home. No one'll know. You'll pass just fine."

spaceHe nodded.
                                                  "So... I'm just responsible for the written," he said with a small smile. She nodded, and he inhaled sharply, looking back down at the book he'd fallen asleep on top of. "Okay. Okay, I can manage that. I think. At least, I can try."

space"No trying," Celeste said, expression serious. "Succeeding. Pass your written exams. I'll take care of the rest." He nodded again, and went back to his book. Okay. Eyes open. He could do this... right?

нere'ѕ тo вeιng нυмan, тaĸιng ιт ғor granтed
                                                  тнe нιgнѕ and lowѕ oғ lιvιng, тo geттιng ѕecond cнanceѕ
                                                  ι wιѕн ι ĸnew wнaт ιт waѕ lιĸe тo care aвoυт wнaт'ѕ rιgнт or wrong
                                                  ι wιѕн ѕoмeone coυld нelp мe ғιnd ғιnd a place wнere ι вelong

wнere - Study Table
                                                  wнen - Late Fall 2041
                                                  wιтн - Celeste
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:12 am
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

One snowy weekend, Sonora decided she was going to camp out in the library. She was mostly caught up in her studies--she still really needed to go find someone to tutor her in Astronomy because she was still sleeping through half of class--but more importantly, she realized she hadn’t read a novel just for fun in over a month. She had been spending most weekends writing letters to her parents and friends back home or distracting herself from her homesickness by hanging out with new friends or staying cooped up in the music room practicing piano. But she missed hanging a hammock at the end of a hiking trail and just getting lost in another world for a few hours. That had to be immediately rectified; directly after breakfast, she took off to the library with her notebook open to the list of “books to look up”.

Jarleth Hobart… Hobart...Levitation charms? Lessons in Levitation: A Collection of Essays Exploring Flight and Spellwork...oh it has one by Hobart. Sounds useful. She supplemented it with a short biography about the wizard in question, two books for Quidditch then turned towards the Fiction and Literature section, where she had collected recommendations in the common room a few days ago. Along the way to the front, she picked up two more books lying deserted in the path and looked interesting.

Books checked out, she found herself a comfy bean bag by a window, set her stack of books into two neat stacks--one for novels, the other for studies-related books-- next to her. She considered just starting with a novel, but the silly photo of Jarleth Hobart was too intriguing and she flipped open the very slim tome of Hobart’s Folly: A short biography of Jarleth Hobart for the day.

Complete list of stack of books in spoiler.

Book stack (* = exist canonically or actually exist):

Hobart’s Folly: A short biography of Jarleth Hobart by Miranda Goshawk
Lessons in Levitation: A Collection of Essays Exploring Flight and Spellwork by various authors, introduction by Eliam Winchester
Charms, Hexes and Jinxes: Cross-disciplinary Explorations of Magic by Miranda Syis
Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp*
Beating the Bludgers - A Study of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch by Kennilworthy Whisp*
Wanderings of a Tree in the Alps: Vol 1*
Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll*
Black Heart by Forsaken
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine*
Enchanted Encounters by Fifi LaFolle*
Tale of the Darkest Star by Alan Rivers
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by Beedle the Bard*

could be brighter tomorrow.

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:59 am
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

[Enter] Ravenclaw Common Room → Study Area

Okay, burst of energy officially over. Jonah was practically out of breath by the time he made it from the tower to the library, but at least he had warmed up significantly from his day of igloo building in the quad. He stood at the door, taking a moment to catch his breath and collect his bearings before stepping inside and taking a quick scan of the room. ‘It looks like I may have beat Ves here after all… Honestly, I didn’t see that coming.’

The blonde readjusted his backpack strap as he stepped further into the library, quietly passing the Librarian and exploring an aisle of books all the while pondering where the best spot to set up ‘Operation Warm and Fuzzy’ would be. ‘Come to think of it… Didn’t Sona mention something about camping in the library today? She wouldn’t still be here, would she?’ He reached the end of the aisle and peeked around where he knew there was a table and bean bags well enough out of sight, only to catch sight of Sonora herself settled in and reading peacefully. He grinned at the sight of her. ‘Of course she would be… Well, in that case…’

Vespera really was bringing out the boy’s mischievous side. Jonah, quietly as possible, put down his backpack and pulled out one of the blankets he snuck in, pulling the folded cloth open as he did and effectively blocking himself from view if Sona decided to just look to her left. Casually stepping over to her, he tossed the blanket over his best friend’s head and placed his hand over his mouth, disguising his voice the best he could to sound like Darth Vader. “Sonora Li….” He started, straining to hold back his giggling, “You have one chance to correctly identify your captor. If you cannot, it is -10 points to Ravenclaw.”

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // Ravenclaw Common Room → Study Area
With // Sonora, waiting for Vespera
Feeling // Mischievous
Thinking // *Incoherent cackling*

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:40 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera ran to the kitchens to get hot water and supplies to make any number of hot drinks, cocoa, tea, or coffee. The elves insisted on giving her a third cup, so she finally just took that too. She was almost to the library, when she dropped everything to the floor with a clatter. She ran for it. The elves were nice enough to give her more, except this time they put lids on everything so nothing would spill. She figured Jonah had beat her in there, and so she began looking for him. She found him, covering up Sona's eyes. She grinned, she was wearing off on him.

"Hi Sona, Hi Jonah, " Vespera grinned, pretty sure she had just ruined Jonah's game. "The house eleves even provided an extra cup, you can have some drink too. What have you been doing all day?" She was pretty sure the girl hadn't left the library most of the day, but she decided to ask anyways as she poured hot water into each of the cups.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: Study room; first year; winter 2042
With Whom: Jonah and Sona
Thinking about: Ruining Jonah's plans.
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

addaellis

trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:14 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Armed with a better understanding of the spell he had created, Jarleth Hobart called for another demonstration. Many witches and wizards gathered, mostly looking forward to the spectacle of his embarrassment again. To their surprise, the demonstration proceeded smoothly and the gathered were amazed by the flexibility and use of the Levitation Charm.

As a finale, Hobart intended to levitate the Chief Warlock's pointy hat. Instead, the entire hat and wig lifted up, revealing a shiny bald head to the crowd. The Chief Warlock was mortified and drew his wand immediately, roaring a challenge to Hobart. Rather than face the duel, Hobart quickly cast the charm on the Chief Warlock's robes and pulled them over his hea---

At that word, darkness and fuzziness wrapped Sonora in unfamiliar darkness. She was momentarily alarmed, then amused--was this a little prank of the book? How interesting!

"Sonora Li....You have one chance to correctly identify your captor. If you cannot, it is -10 points to Ravenclaw."

Suspicion took over this time. It sounded like a boy, and she only knew so many boys, and only one she would be comfortable being so mischievous with her.

Another less-familiar voice confirmed it. "I can't believe you would threaten to take points away from your own House," she remarked, pushing the blanket off her with. She had been a little startled and a miffed her reading had been interrupted so close to the end, but at Jonah's giggling and Vespera's devious smirk she couldn't help beaming herself. She fished out a pretty ribbon as a bookmark to hold her place.

"Thank you, Vespera" she said, taking the extra cup before really thinking about it. "Just reading. Jarleth Hobart had just used the levitation charm to pull the Chief Warlock's robes over his head when Darth Jonah here ambushed me." She held the cup up in a toast or salute. "Thank you for alerting me."

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Trickblues
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:40 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

“Vesperaaaaa!” Jonah groaned, dropping to his knees in resignation as Sonora shoved the blanket off her. He immediately wrapped her back up in it, arms around her shoulders in a hug as he huffed. “Okay… First of all, if you can’t recognize the voices of your roommates, our house doesn’t deserve the points. Second, Ves, why can’t you let me finish what I start today?” He made a small whine in the back of his throat, nuzzling his face into Sonora’s blanketed shoulder. “I worked on that igloo since 9 AM…” Although, truth be told, he was much more depressed about not getting to finish messing with Sonora than he was about the igloo. At least they were inside where it was warm because of it.

Satisfied with the amount of friendship cuddles he managed to steal from Sonora, Jonah stood and pulled the rest of his blankets from his bag while Vespera poured drinks. His photograph of his igloo ruins slipped out with one of the quilts, so he decided to go ahead and hand it off to Sona so she could see the effects of the atomic snow brick. Jonah lifted a few of the heavy books on one of the shelves, shoving his blanket underneath to keep it anchored, and threw the other end over a chair he moved to effectively create a blanket fort. For the finishing touches, Jonah placed a folded blanket next to Vespera for her to get comfortable with, as well as one of his own before taking a seat between the girls with his back against the nearest bookshelf. “Okay, so… This will have to work as a new base of operations, then. Do you think it looks alright?” He looked between the two of them before taking an interest in Sonora’s books, picking up the copy of Beating the Bludgers to thumb through and whistling lowly. “You’ve got quite the selection going here, don’t you? How much have you read today?”

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // Study Area
With // Sonora and Vespera
Feeling // Content in a blanket fort
Thinking // This book seems super useful...

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:41 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

Sonora's face made a shy smile as Jonah hugged her through the fluffy blanket. Her friends at home weren't quite as cuddly so it was odd, but she had to admit it was...nice. The smile grew more silly when he bemoaned the thwarted prank and--a fallen igloo? She considered the photo he handed her, her eyebrows drawing together as she realized what had happened. "Awwww! It's no igloo, but it's a nice...amphitheater? Yes."

The idea of deserving the house points she pondered on a little longer. Those house points were given for doing well in class and other things. But they should also honor the cooperation of the house, which made Jonah's point very true. "I'll agree to that," she finally conceded. "But to be fair, whenever we see each other in the dorm, one of us is usually a zombie."

She watched Jonah build the blanket fort for a little before shifting around so she could at least try to help by shifting the books away from the drinks "It's perfect. Fort Fuzzyblanket," she proposed naming it.

"I'm almost done with this one," she replied, holding up the biography of Jareth Hobart and putting it on top of another bookmarked-book. "And I read through some of the essays in Lessons in Levitation earlier when it was relevant. There're a few spells I'm super excited to try out now, but would want to do more research on them." She sighed a happy sigh. "The entire day seems to have gone by so fast-- I had hoped to get to some novels."

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Trickblues
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:10 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

"Look Jonah, I could have just as easily dropped a book in the middle of your fort, but I'm going to leave your fort alone, just this once, to show I too can be kind." She looked at the book Sona held up, it was one about levitation. "Are there any spells in reference to the thing we talked about in charms, like the guest book following people around? Can it be done without eye contact?" She was curious, there was snow outside, and there was a great opportunity to experiment.

Vespera took a piece of paper out of her bag that she had, usually filled with paper and pencils for the Daily Dragon. She wrote on the paper: Fort FuzzyBlanket KEEP OUT. She nodded at her masterful work, "Do you think that will make the librarian not question the liquid we have?"

Wearing:

User Image

OOC:

addaellis

trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:42 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE

“True…. I suppose I should thank you for not completely demolishing my amphitheater too, then.” Jonah pulled up his blanket over his shoulders and settled in, heaving a small sigh of relief to finally get some warmth. He’d felt like an icicle! At Sonora’s mention of zombies, the boy nodded and hummed in agreement. It was true, the two of them were a couple of zombies… So was practically half of Ravenclaw House. Being a house of intense studiers led to plenty of sleep-deprived nights all around.

As he watched Vespera craft her sign, Jonah picked up one of the cups and a packet of hot chocolate mix and got to work on mixing a warm drink. “Fort FuzzyBlanket, huh?” He grinned before taking a sip of his hot cocoa. “I don’t know about that last part, but it’s a lovely sign.”

Status
When // Winter 2042
Where // Study Area
With // Sona and Ves
Feeling // Warm and fuzzy
Thinking // Hot cocoa.... heart

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:35 pm

♪♫ Sonora Li

"Yes! There's the Locomotor charm, which causes something to follow you around," Sonora beamed, remembering their very informative discussion in Charms. "It seems like it doesn't require concentration after the initial casting so I think we don't have to maintain eye contact either? But it also seemed like it's used to paralyze parts of the body so I'm not sure of the spell properties. More investigating needed."

It wasn't until Jonah was mixing the drinks and Vespera mentioned the librarian noticing that Sona realized they had hot chocolate--sweet, liquid, potential messiness--in close vicinity of books. "Oh we shouldn't have drinks here!" her voice dropped to a hushed whisper as she glanced around the tent for exposed books. She put her books on the beanbag and curled up inside the tent, scrutinizing the tent for exposed pages. "I guess it's okay if we don't spill. There."

As she dropped the small backpack she had brought along over the books a folded letter slid out of her manuscript book. She put it away without further thought. It did though, remind her of a topic she'd wanted to ask. "Do you both know your plans for the winter break?"

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Trickblues
Quote:

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:08 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃

Vespera smiled at the Locomotor charm, she couldn't wait to get her hands on that gem, it would be wonderful. She was careful not to spill her drink, although it was still likely she would make a mess, she had horrid luck. "Well, Every winter, I visited my twin, until the year I stole my first gold bar," Vespera paused and grinned mischievously, trying to continue her random story. "Then Last night I dreamt I was speaking to my grandfather again, so I believe I will go back and visit my twin." She had the urge to mess with the two, what better place to tell stories than under Fort FuzzyBlanket.

She looked at the two and nodded, "Oh yes, quite the adventure I have planned for break. Or I'll just sleep and catch up on homework, maybe work on things for spring." She began to jot down her actual plans for break, and not her story plot. She needed to think of what her dropping item would be for spring, as it was fast approaching."What will you be doing over break?" She kindly asked Sona, although, she hoped Jonah would also share his plans for break.

Wearing:

User Image

OOC: IM SORRY

addaellis

trickblues

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items