Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:10 pm
Marek James
1. Name your pets
2. List your favorite Bible verse
3. List your favorite book of the Bible
4. Your denomination/beliefs
5. The name of your country
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

1. I don't have any pets anymore, my apartment does not allow them sad
2. My favorite verse is different depending on where I am at in my walk. Currently it tends to be verses about wisdom and getting through trials. I have been reading through psalms and proverbs a lot.
Proverbs 2 and Psalm 94:9-15, 17-19.
3. Same as number 2. Throw James in there too
4. I currently am a member at a CRC church called Providence. I have a very diverse background as far as Christian denominations and traditions. All of them Protestant, ranging from Independent Baptist (KJV only,suit and tie to church, church 3 times a week) to Assemblies of God (speaking in tongues, prophecy, much louder worship smile ) . I guess I would say that I'm just a follower of Jesus. I try to keep things simple and let the Spirit lead me in the Truth. I love where I'm at now and am looking forward to what God has for me in the future.
5. USA, Michigan, Grand Rapids
6. Blue
7. Currently I work full time for Andronaco doing shipping/receiving/logistics type work. Also taking some college classes part time at Davenport.

Please call me by my real name which is Michael smile

Welcome to the guild Michael. My wife is from Michigan. smile Keeping things simple seems to be the best. How long have you been a Christian? I am asking because I get the impression you have visited been a part of quite a few denominations.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:16 pm
Garland-Green
Marek James
1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

2. My favorite verse is different depending on where I am at in my walk. Currently it tends to be verses about wisdom and getting through trials. I have been reading through psalms and proverbs a lot.
4. I currently am a member at a CRC church called Providence. I have a very diverse background as far as Christian denominations and traditions. All of them Protestant, ranging from Independent Baptist (KJV only,suit and tie to church, church 3 times a week) to Assemblies of God (speaking in tongues, prophecy, much louder worship smile ) . I guess I would say that I'm just a follower of Jesus. I try to keep things simple and let the Spirit lead me in the Truth. I love where I'm at now and am looking forward to what God has for me in the future.
6. Blue
7. Currently I work full time for Andronaco doing shipping/receiving/logistics type work. Also taking some college classes part time at Davenport.

Welcome to the guild Michael. My wife is from Michigan. smile Keeping things simple seems to be the best. How long have you been a Christian? I am asking because I get the impression you have visited been a part of quite a few denominations.

10 years, I'm about to turn 25 next month  

Marek James

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:18 pm
Marek James
Garland-Green
Marek James
1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

6. Blue

10 years, I'm about to turn 25 next month

That is great! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:23 pm
Garland-Green
Princess Zelda21
Um, hello, I'm Princess Zelda21. You can just call me Zelda. I'm from America, somewhere in the state of Washington. My favorite color is pink, and it's good to be here. Thank you to whomever invited me.

Hello and welcome to the guild Zelda! (Zelda as in princess Zelda of the popular video games?) smile

Well thank you! Yep, you guessed it right Garland. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Le Honey

Tipsy Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:35 am
User Image
1. Name your pets: Don't own one
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Philippians 4:13
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Proverbs and Ruth
4. Your denomination/beliefs: I'm a Christian. Been one ever since I was a kid. In 2011 I was baptized.
5. The name of your country: Puerto Rico
6. Your favorite color: pink and blue
7. Your occupation: University student. Studying Nursing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:38 pm
Hi everyone! I'm Phe. Glad to be here!
1. Name your pets: I've got two pet rabbits named Edgar and Algernon. heart
2. List your favorite Bible verse: Joshua 1:9
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Proverbs and Matthew
4. Your denomination/beliefs: Difficult to pin to one particular denomination. I guess I'm closest to Evangelical Lutheranism with strong Quaker influences. I was raised Catholic and have practiced many other faiths as well. I was re-baptized as a believer in 2012.
5. The name of your country: Ohio, USA
6. Your favorite color: Green and purple
7. Your occupation: I have a few jobs! I make picture frames by day and my evenings/weekends I'm on the core staff of a haunted house (yep, we work all year)! I'm also a face/body painter, but that's more of a hobby. whee  

Ophelias Bathwater

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100

myusikah

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:25 pm
Hi! You can call me myu smile I've been on Gaia for quite some time now...but I wasn't very active for a while, especially since I first used this account to satisfy really...terrible things while still pretending to be a Christian in the real world. And I took a break from it, from everything. In the past year, Christ has been calling me back to him by doing really amazing things in my life, and I've also been more and more active on Gaia recently (I could not believe the inflation in the Gaian economy. Wow.) so I thought I could like, do something on here like find community with other Christians smile

1. Name your pets -- My dormmates and I have a Betta fish named Norbert (like the dragon in Harry Potter)
2. Favorite Bible Verse -- Ephesians 4:6-8 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer, petition, and with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
A close second is my fellowship's theme verse for the school year, 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary struggles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." I don't have the second one fully memorized thought.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible -- Probably Genesis and John. But to be honest, I haven't read the majority of the books in one chunk to really know what my favorite book is.
4. Your denomination/beliefs -- I agree with everything on your "We Believe" page. smile
5. The name of your country -- USA. My family's from the Philippines, though.
6. Your favorite color -- Green. Chartreuse green.
7. Your occupation -- college student.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:17 pm
Names Chris, I will not deny this stare

1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

1: don't want to
2: Psalms 19 and Job 41
3: Proverbs
4: I have none I merely believe Jesus is Lord and that he died on a cross for my sins and was raised up unto life on the third day.
5: USA Maryland if we're being detailed
6: sky blue... you know like the sky outside
7: University student  

Wildear19

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 am
Hello everyone! I believe I have posted in here once before but I find that I need to update my answer xd
You're all free to call me by my nickname- Crissy.

1. List your favorite Bible verse: This is incredibly hard..lol. I honestly would have to say the verses in the book of Romans have helped me to understand a lot of what I've been questioning throughout my walk with Him
2. List your favorite book of the Bible: The entire book of Romans.
3. Your denomination/beliefs: I was baptized as a Roman Catholic when I was a baby. It is my prayer, however, that my family and I will be part of a Christian Church [actual building to observe the Sabbath day [Sundown Friday- Sundown Saturday I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong] or to observe the Sabbath day at home with fellow Christians. In short: I associate more with Christians moreso than the Catholic denomination.
4. The name of your country I was born in Philippines but moved to Canada when I was a year old
5. Your favorite color: my main favorite 'color' is white or green and my secondary ones are: light teal, orange, brown, light pink, and royal blue
6. Your occupation: College student this coming September, God-willing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:19 pm
Hi guys I'm Becca, im married.
Also glad I found you guys. It's an honor to be part of an online Christian community.

1. Name your pets
No pets, used to have a dog called Jacob. Sadly he passed a while back.

So many.. I think my favorite is Matthew 6:19-21.
This is very important to me. Material things are if no value.
Being one with The Lord and the reward of eternal life and love we shall be blessed with is worth more than any item that we can buy on earth.

Matthew is my favorite, it was actually the first book in the bible I read.
My second is Revelations.

I am a follower of Jesus, I am a Christian. With no denomination. I live for Jesus.
(I don't believe the trinity)

Uk

6. Your favorite color
Bright green

If you'd like to ask any questions feel free.
I'll see you guys in the forums!

Thanks to the guild owners for allowing me to goin and converse with like minded people.  

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:21 am
PINK DINOSRAWR

Hi Becca, I know right! It's glad to have a Christian community 4laugh
Just out of my curiousity, why don't you believe in trinity question

Novus Initium

Can't wait for your introduction~ mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
PINK DINOSRAWR

I dont believe it because it's not Biblical.
Jesus never said he was god, he actually denied it in the gospels.
as for the famous line that he and god are one. Also in marriage me and my husband have been yolked and now we are one, but we are not the same person.
there are to many scriptures to disprove the trinity, the trinity came along after Jesus. if the trinity is indeed true then it makes no sence what so ever,
the whole idea of jesus crying out to himself on the cross,
jesus praying to himself? that hints more to a crazy man.
Jesus was the SON of god not a crazy man, he was at one with his father. not the father.

If jesus sits at the right hand of god how can he be god?
if only the father knows the time of the end, if jesus is god why doesnt he know the time?
God loved the world so much he gave his only SON. he didn't give HIMSELF.

never stop asking questions smile the truth will come.

i think the answers are clear, especially for myself. i had no religious influence on what exactly to believe when i was growing up. i came to jesus and the bible with an open mind. and thats what i saw. my husband is also like minded in the trinity.

thanks for asking, knowledge is a gift from god.
have a lovely day.

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Novus Initium

Fashionable Gekko

4,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:43 pm
Hey there, guys! (Sorry, was planning on writing this a week ago... Been kind of busy lately.) My name is Vance, but you can call me that or Novus, whatever's your preference smile

1. Jack Russell Terrier named Sadie. We adopted her from a missionary family from our church that's furthering our outreach in the Dominican Republic smile
2. I've always loved Romans 38-39:
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -NKJV
3. Favorite book of the bible... Old Testament - Daniel, New Testament - I Corinthians.
4. Biblically based, Jesus-loving Christian (non-denominational)
5. 'Merica!
6. Blue
7. Forklift repair technician. Also one of the worship leaders at a Calvary Chapel.

I'm fairly new at conducting and leading worship for a congregation, and the Lord is constantly showing me new things and guiding me on this unfamiliar road. As I travel on His path, I'd be more than willing to share with the whole group smile I'm sure the Lord will reveal Himself in a way that's not only pertinent to leading worship, but to everyone. Worship is one of the most amazing parts of a Christian lifestyle; not for the music alone, but the fact that we get to spend time lifting praises to our Savior in a state of emotional and spiritual euphoria.

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth;
Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises." -Psalm 98:4 NKJV  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:00 pm
PINK DINOSRAWR
Meili Kyumee Youichi
PINK DINOSRAWR

I dont believe it because it's not Biblical.
Jesus never said he was god, he actually denied it in the gospels.
as for the famous line that he and god are one. Also in marriage me and my husband have been yolked and now we are one, but we are not the same person.
there are to many scriptures to disprove the trinity, the trinity came along after Jesus. if the trinity is indeed true then it makes no sence what so ever,
the whole idea of jesus crying out to himself on the cross,
jesus praying to himself? that hints more to a crazy man.
Jesus was the SON of god not a crazy man, he was at one with his father. not the father.

If jesus sits at the right hand of god how can he be god?
if only the father knows the time of the end, if jesus is god why doesnt he know the time?
God loved the world so much he gave his only SON. he didn't give HIMSELF.

never stop asking questions smile the truth will come.

i think the answers are clear, especially for myself. i had no religious influence on what exactly to believe when i was growing up. i came to jesus and the bible with an open mind. and thats what i saw. my husband is also like minded in the trinity.

thanks for asking, knowledge is a gift from god.
have a lovely day.

We weren't made to understand the ways of God... Spiritual things are not easily understood by natural minds.
Philippians 2:5-10
"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient even to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Capital L), to the glory of God the Father."

Jesus is the One who was, is and is to come; was sinless and didn't consider it robbery to be EQUAL with God.

Reference to the Trinity:
Matthew 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..."
The word "trinity" may not be in scripture, but the concept is.

Likewise, the Lord is worthy of ALL glory. For Him to direct us to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, He would have to LOWER Himself in His own eyes to match the levels of the Son and the Holy Spirit, thereby NOT receiving all the glory.
UNLESS the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were all God in three persons.

God bless smile

Novus Initium

Fashionable Gekko

4,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games