Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:22 am
Her hand promptly jumped up to cover her mouth to hide the smile and stifle the giggle at the revelation of what all this flash was about. She couldn't fully hide the mirth from her voice, "I-is that what happened? That's-... ahem... I'm sorry for your frustration. That certainly sounds like the Crane, little as I know them. I'll try to be as hassle free as possible for you."

The items all laid out, she cleared her throat again and began reciting the presentation she'd planned. "Ahem. I am Himura Kaichiyo, paired with Daigotsu Shoichi who was asked to attend to other matters when we returned to the castle. For my seven items I have here a charm from a temple of Benten, a stone from the temple's meditation pond for something touched by the kami, a book containing many pieces of the Crane's history, a tea set - that cannot be worn - of Crane colors, a puppet of Hantei in the tournament of the Kami representing the title of Emperor as something worth dueling over, an expertly drawn Snow Maiden representing the purest of snow, something that not only would but has made Lady Doji-no-Kami smile, and finally a haori given as a token of goodwill from a Crane to keep me warm in this merciless mainland weather."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 5 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 6 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni, -1 paper
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 7 items collected - Complete! 1st place!
-----
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 7 items collected, returning to the castle...
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 6 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 6 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 5 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 5 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 4 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 4 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 4 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 2 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 1 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

In fact, you think you recall a place you passed not far from the market that was actually a vendor for such wall scrolls. It was one of those instances where you didn't think anything of it at the time, but when you reflected upon "where can I find wall scrolls?", it hits you and you want to kick yourself for missing it earlier.

But yeah, you have a good bearing on your surroundings and you can go straight there. A place that, at a glance, seemed to be more of a location to display such art pieces, but is probably a vendor when you think about how close it is to the marketplace.

Walking through the door, you don't see anyone currently working the shop.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Your 13 etiquette beats Kiyo's 11 courtier. "... fine," she would say, crossing her arms and pouting slightly.

"Sorry. What, is this for that scavenger hunt?" he would ask, though it was obviously a rhetorical question. Before getting an answer, he would quickly continue: "Have you two seen a magistrate? I have to report to them that I was just mugged. Or rather, it was an attempting mugging. If you can point me in the direction of one, I'd be obliged. Otherwise, I don't want to tarry."

Gendo, you have a chance to follow-up with this new information if you so like.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Okay, give me TN 5 courtier rolls for 5 of the items; TN 10 for the Yasuki tea set (which makes him let out a solitary laugh), and either a TN 10 courtier or TN 10 storytelling roll for the picture.

And although you only owe him a TN 5 courtier for the haori...

"... didn't I see you receive that before the event began? From your partner, no less? That Spider fellow that's been getting on so many people's nerves?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:38 am
He stops and looks at the man. "Well, let's see. The only place I know, offhand, is back at the castle. But I was a tad on the focused side, so I apologize. Did you happen to see one?" Gendo looks to Kiyo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 am
@ Gendo:

"... no. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a Mantis, not a magistrate," Kiyo would say, a bit of aggravation in her voice.

"Great. Well, the next best place to find one of my clanmates is probably in a tavern a couple blocks down from here, the Swan's Song. Some acquaintances of mine frequently visit there, and they're in town on merchant business. Best I can do. Sayonara!" Then Shohei would turn and hustle down the street, frantically searching.

(You won't need a roll to go to the Swan's Song if you wanted to follow-up, but if you wanted to start your search over from scratch.)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:01 pm
The Kraken samurai would examine the wall scrolls cautiously, while waiting for the proprietor to return. "I'll defer to your judgement, Ruri-san. Which among these would you think best meet our needs? I can't be trusted with this. I may just walk away with their 'Out to Dinner' sign."  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 18 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 9, 5, 5, 1, 1, 5, 6, 10, 1, 2, 10, 10, 3, 2, 7, 1 Total: 84 (18-180)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:35 pm
Kaichiyo presented her items one by one, explaining her reasoning for each of them, before reciting the tale of Doji-no-Kami and the beggar, and how a snow maiden drawing was the easiest way she could find to represent snow since bringing it inside would cause her to present water, and drawing it would just be white on a white sheet of paper, all accented by her enchantingly melodic voice. To the last point, however...

"It is. Though it was lent to me by a Crane, not the Spider, as a token of goodwill. Perhaps not specifically -for- this event, but the rules did not specify that would couldn't find an appropriate item upon our shoulders. Merely that it could not come from our own possessions, and the haori most certainly is not mine." It was the best she could offer with a Courtier roll of 10 and morals that would not allow her to lie.

[Rolls! Awareness/Courtier 3k3 (Untrained) x5 vs. TN 5
Roll 1: 5, 1, 9 = 15
Roll 2: 5, 5, 1 = 11
Roll 3: 1, 5, 6 = 12
Roll 4: 10, 1, 2 = 12
Roll 5: 10, 10, 3 = 23
Rolls! Awareness/Courtier 3k3 (Untrained) vs. TN 10
Roll 6: 2, 7, 1 = 10
Rolls! Awareness/Perform: Storytelling 5k4 vs. TN 10
Roll 7: 3, 7, 2, 1, 6 = 18]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:29 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 6 items collected, 1 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni, -1 paper
--------------------
-----
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 7 items collected, returning to the castle...

--------------------

@ Gendo:

(As above)

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Before Ruri had a chance to respond...

"Ahem. I can hear you."

Bending down to clear the doorframe, a tall, thin Crane, in his early 30's, would step through a beaded drape, brushing them aside as he passed, before standing once more. And by the kami, he was tall. Taller than any Crab you've ever seen, though he definitely didn't match the width parth, probably just as thin as either of you, if not moreso. His white hair was loose and just hanging everywhere past his shoulders, as if he had just woken not an hour before and hadn't done anything with it yet.

"You know, most thieves tend to make their plans beyond the front door, rather than after passing through it, I'm going to deduce that you are less of a thief and more of a fool. What do you want in my gallery? And please, don't touch anything or I'll have your hands. That includes my 'Out to Dinner' sign." The man looked incredibly unamused by your antics.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Hmph," the Yogo would sound at first. He looked over the items once more, and pulled out a scroll and brush and started making marks without a word, at least at first.

"A technicality, to be sure. I'm not sure the Crane would be convinced, but if I were to turn you away after pulling a fast one on the Crane, they'd string me up in Traitor's Grove; of that I am certain." After stamping his chop at the bottom, he would roll look up at you through his mask. "You pass. And, if the Crane dispute it, it becomes a problem between them and the Scorpion, so no worries, your place is secure. Come, let's present you to the princess."

He would take the scroll in his left hand, and pick up a nearby walking stick with his right, as he would begin to hobble his way through the curtain, simply assuming you would follow him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:48 pm
The Kraken internally cursed to himself. They were already on the bad side of Kakita-san. Was it worth the effort to get on this man's good side? ...probably not. Naohiko fixed his most...polite smile on his face as he addressed the Crane.

"Good afternoon, Kakita-san." Naohiko didn't feel the need to be so polite. The Kraken's bow perhaps not as deep as it might have been, nor held as long as it could've been. "I am Himura Naohiko of the Kraken clan and my partner is Moshi Ruri of the Mantis clan. We are both guests of Doji-hime's winter court and as such are taking part in the scavenger hunt she placed forth for the amusement of her guests. I was certain that a fine piece of art, one of the items we require might be found here. Something worthy of being presented before Doji Kioko-hime....  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:18 am
"Oh! Well, I appreciate your patronage. Mayhaps I can return the favor next time you wish to escape an event like this." she stifled a laugh and bowed, not hesitating to follow along at his hobbling pace. Victory was not worth being discourteous to the man that had just helped her get to this position in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:28 pm
Gendo would wait til the man was away before he started walking. "Apologies, but he was putting away his weapons while walking out of the alley. It is likely he freshly used them." He'd head to the Swan Song from there.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:35 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
--------------------
Himura Kaichiyo & Associate - Complete! 2nd place!
-----

--------------------

@ Gendo:

"Well, he said he was mugged. Or, 'attempted'. He could have simply had them drawn to ward them off? Wouldn't it be common sense to report criminal activity to a magistrate immediately?" Kiyo would ask, shrugging.

You make it to the Swan's Song without any difficulty. As you approach the door, you are greeted with raucous cheering. Making your way through the door, there are a trio of Mantis men at a table, playing Fortunes & Winds, a dice game! By the looks of the containers on and around the table, they've been drinking, a lot. There seems to be no other samurai of note in the building (besides yourself and Kiyo, now, it seems). The staff seems a bit... concerned, and keeping a distance from the samurai.

From the size of the place, you expect there to be more people here. Also, by the looks of the place, you expect better behaved people here.

clatter clatter clatter

"YEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" the would cry out as one.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You feel the urge to sneeze all of a sudden.

The Kakita would kind of roll his eyes at your greeting, then shake his head. "You must be obtuse, or maybe that's just a by-product of your Colonial upbringing. If you look around, you'd see any of these pieces of art are worthy of a princess, and many worthy of the Emperor himself. I doubt even once in your dullard life that you've heard the name-

"Kakita Utamaru, right?" Ruri would ask, though it was more inquisitive than confident.

The Crane seemed a bit taken aback by that, then closes his eyes and scoffs. "Ah, that's correct. The Mantis have been known to be appreciative of the finer parts of culture, so I really shouldn't have been surprised just now."

"Aha. Well, truthfully, I'm not that much of an art connoisseur, but I have friends who frequent Kyuden Doji who are. I've heard your name spoken on numerous occasions." She would turn to face Naohiko. "Utamaru-sama is a bit of a dual artist-slash-curator. Not all these works are his," she would pause, gesturing with a wide wave of her arm, "But he is highly critical of his own style. From what I've heard, he accepts nothing less than perfection. He displays many wall scrolls for public... no, for appreciative viewing, but also buys sells and trades as well. He has pieces from new up-and-comers, as well as pieces dating back to the last years of the Hantei."

"Toturi, actually. I sold my last Hantei-era piece in the autumn," he would correct Ruri, smiling smugly.

"Naohiko-san, any of the pieces here would leave an impression on Doji-sama. You found this place, I think it's only right you choose the piece. I can take care of the rest after that."

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

The Yogo man would pause only long enough to turn his masked head towards you, looking at you out of the corner of his masked eye.

"I graciously accept your generous offer."

He would turn back and continue on his way, with you following behind.

The Yogo would guide you to Doji Kioko, who seemed to be calmly sitting there, holding Setsuna against her between both arms, smiling serenely. Setsuna barks once happily when he sees you, and begins to pant.

"Doji Kioko-sama, the next team to complete the scavenger hunt is here. It is the team of Himura Kaichiyo and Daigotsu Shoichi that have succeeded in the tasks your game required of them." He would turn his body slightly towards you, to indicate to the princess.

" =ω= "

"Doji-sama," the Scorpion would say again, after clearing his throat.

"...... hm? Oh!" Kioko would say with a start, then bowed forward slightly. "Yes, thank you, Bakin-san. Kaichiyo-san, how was it?" She would tilt her head ever so slightly, and give a curious look. "Your partner didn't feel like joining you?" she would ask. At this point, the man known as Yogo Bakin would hand the parchment he wrote on earlier to a Crane aide, who would bow to him in return.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:05 pm
"Of course, thus why we shouldn't bug him about our business. It was rather nice to send us..." His words drop off as he looks around the establishment and that the samurai are rowdy and drunk. "Fortunes..."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:45 pm
She gave a little chirp in response and followed along, smiling and waving to Setsuna at the pup's greeting.

She gave a respectful, but equal bow to Kioko and smiled pleasantly, her normal cheerful demeanor in her melodic voice. "Your city is more vast and overwhelming than anything I have experienced in the colonies, but it was a pleasant experience when we were not near-hopelessly lost. All of your subjects are very respectful, kind, and accommodating. I cannot recommend enough the souls who graciously assisted in gathering these items."

She gave a little apologetic bow to the second point. "Daigotsu Shoichi had some business to address with Chikuma-san upon our arrival. I'm sure you'll hear about it, but it's best you hear about it from her." That addressed, her smile returned and she bent over a bit to give Setsuna a little scritch. "How's the princess treating you, huh? I'm amazed to see him so well behaved for so long away from Gendo-san's side."  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 8 Total: 20 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:00 pm
Naohiko nodded and began searching for a peculiar wall scroll. Ruri may be mad at him for shifting the goal slightly....but it would be worth it...or so Naohiko thought. The Kraken held his hands behind his back as he examined the scrolls, hoping to find one that best encapsulated one of the specific virtues of Bushido. He was specifically looking for courtesy or honor. If he found such a scroll, he would point it out. If not, he would point at the wall scroll with the most proper, attractive woman on it. "That one. I believe that one will serve us well."

OOC: Raw Perception Roll 2k2 w/ 1 dice to handle explosions.
Results: 12  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:38 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
--------------------
Himura Kaichiyo & Associate - Complete! 2nd place!
-----

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You stand in the doorway and just watch them gamble for a bit, and see some coin change hands several times during the time. Kiyo seems a bit confused why you're just standing there.

"Let me guess. You one of those 'bashful' types?" a woman would say from behind you. If you turn, you see a woman, about Kiyo's height, about 10 years your elder standing there, looking impatient, yet still slightly amused. "You're letting all the cold air in, and I don't think anyone is appreciating that, so take your pick. Go in, or move along home, stranger-sans." Whereas the three men were a bit bigger built and... well, armed... this woman was very slender, and had but a wakizashi.

"Gendo-san, what do you want to do?" Kiyo says, with just a hint of impatience.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Yeah, this is kind out of your culture range, so you can't quite find the wall scroll you wanted. You did find one with a pretty girl on it. Ruri would chuckle to herself.

"For your... private collection, Kraken-san?" the Kakita would ask, apparently annoyed.

"Hm, I figured you would pick something that would encapsulate something like Courtesy, or Honor. But, I am a samurai of her word. If that's what you think is best... I'm curious how it will be received. Okay, Kakita-sama, we'll take that one." Ruri and Utamaru would step to the side and begin making opposed commerce rolls; is there anything you want to do in the interim? Petty theft, or otherwise?

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"If it's all right with you, Doji-sama, I'd like to be dismissed so I may return to my quarters."

"Oh! Yes, I'm sorry, Bakin-san, if that's all, you are free to leave if you would like."

The Scorpion would bow respectfully to each of you, before turning and slowly making his exit.

"I'm glad you thought well of my clan's citizens, Himura-san... may I call you Kaichiyo?" she would ask politely. "I'm always curious how people are taking to our lands. It's not always a guaranteed hit, you know. There have been several... incidents in the past. Like, about a century ago, this one Scorpion samurai cut down a serving girl at a teahouse that was heavily favored by the Daidoji daimyo at the time, and it practically spiraled out of control into a war between our two clans at the time." But she perked up. "However, I'm confident that our empire has grown only more civilized over time, and I was sure no such incident would happen." She would smile cutely, yet confidently. She would look down, and gently start petting Setsuna's head, making him pant happily.

Concerning the part about Shoichi, Kioko would seem somewhat... indifferent. "Chikuma-san is extremely loyal and devoted, and I'm grateful daily that my safety is her utmost priority. That said, she does tend to get... 'carried away' with her duties, if she thinks it will better my chances at future safety. She, that monk, and that Hare girl got into what some of us call, a 'Chikuma's Lesson'. I suspect Usagi-san will be less prone to outbursts for the remainder of her stay here because of it. But due to that monk's affiliation with you, it might have harmed relations you three might have had with her. And for that, I apologize."

Kioko's smile would soon return though. "Setsuna-kun has been excellent company," she would inform you. "We went for a walk about an hour ago; he seems to really enjoy playing in the snow. Is there much snow where you're from?" After your answer, it seems Kioko would reconsider your initial comment. "Why would his behavior be surprising, if you don't mind me asking? Isn't this what doggies are normally like?"  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games