good
  bad
  GOLD!
View Results

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:22 am
Nothing2Hide
Is that even legal?!

it is only if they've got their parents permission. but I'd still like to know what got into this girls head to have done this. she very well may have ruined the rest of her youth if not her entire life.

she wont see it that way now, but she will in time. just wait.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:59 pm
WOW  

kair0s

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Sprockette

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:28 pm
I'm happy for you guys!
I hope everything turns out great!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:18 am
we did have a honey moon we went to hawaii. we went through alot together.... isurvied a sicknedd with him (i don't like talking about the sickness i'm trying to forget it) i'm mean he has been there for me i almost die with him and he didn't leave me i love him i know you think it's a bad idea but if you are truley if love you have no second thoughts, no moment of worry. the feelings you get are like no other feelings you've gotten before i love him and that 's that.  

JaceyJulep

Pure-hearted Conversationalist

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:59 am
Dukes vampiress
we did have a honey moon we went to hawaii. we went through alot together.... isurvied a sicknedd with him (i don't like talking about the sickness i'm trying to forget it) i'm mean he has been there for me i almost die with him and he didn't leave me i love him i know you think it's a bad idea but if you are truley if love you have no second thoughts, no moment of worry. the feelings you get are like no other feelings you've gotten before i love him and that 's that.

what I wanna know is what is it that made you decide to get married at this age? your love would be there whether you're married or not, there should be no rush. loving eachother is all well and good, but marriage is NOT necessary. and I'm shocked to pieces that your mother is OK with this at your age. even she should know better. you're ONLY 16. the person you are now is not who you will always be, and the same with him. I'm afraid to think what will happen when you guys change. I would never allow my son to marry so young... but then, he's smarter than that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:36 pm
It really depends on a lot of stuff. It's complex. If I dated the person I was with at the age of sixteen, it would've ended in divorce because he and I ended up breaking up. I don't necessarily think people need to play the field. Some people get lucky, and others don't. My boyfriend sees me as his one and only, and I'm actually his first girlfriend. He's actually my fourth "serious" boyfriend, but eighth total. Yes, I was one of those people who got into a few relationships when I was younger because I liked someone and they liked me back. Silly, really.

Anyway, if it's true love for both of you, then it should be okay. Just remember that you both have to give and take...sacrifice...compromise. All that stuff. I'm not sure how you guys are going to manage finances, eduction, work, etc, but hopefully it'll be alright. I mean, I'm almost 23 (next month) and I still live at home because I just graduated college earlier this year, and my parents have this thing where I can't really move on my own unless I have the money for it.

Good luck.

Fuku Taichou

The Coffee Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:14 pm
all i can say is that that's cool if you like him but there might be some consequences in the future.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:24 pm
semi-facts really:
domokun at 16 your sitll mentally developing you may chang your mind about things or realize you really don't like certain qualities.
domokun people who marry young(even at 19) tend to divorce within 2 years because even at 19 they're still developing as a person (cont. of above)
domokun it's going to be difficult weather if you live on your own or with one of your guys' familys. especially since you're barely at a legal working age and your parents are still going to try and treat you as the children you are.
domokun good luck with it all  

Goth_chi

K1T3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:56 pm
16? wow you're still in high school. marriage is sort of meant til after school. you know? when everything is ready? do you have you're own house? you're own job? and i'm sure you know the rule no sex til marraige but you guys are married now right? well sooner or later you're gonna get pregnant and that'll probably be just b4 your school career ends. then you'll become a housewife or you'll get a nanny. your kids will grow up based on the teachings of your nanny your kids won't react to things the way you wanted to them too. i'm sorry if i'm offending you. but that's how the world turns. i hope you're prepared for the obstacles that may lie in your path.

best of luck

kite.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:50 pm
Sotur
i don't think it was the best thing to do. i really hope it works out and evrythings cool, but if u guys were so sure u would be in love forever there should have been no problem waiting 'til u finish college, or highschool at the very least. 16 is such a young age for it....but hey, if it works, kudo's to u! whee

I agree 100% to this. I was purposed to when I was 16 but I could not go through with it and I was happy I didn't because about a year later he turned into a whole different person and it wouldn't have worked anyway sweatdrop but again best of luck  

Moonlit_Dream

Loki god of BS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:09 pm
theres nothing wrong with it i know plenty of people who married young and they are older than my mother and still married. But i personally wouldn't marry until i felt mature enough to handle it. if you really love this guy good for you but if you feel unsure about it maybe you should talk to like him or a parent.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:26 pm
i think it's a little bit early to marry, at that age...

sometimes, teenagers are immature and they could... like changing their mind after they marry, and then get divorced... rolleyes

i mean...... if u 2 are really sure of what u feel, i wish u the best of the world whee

brave girl mrgreen  

Alegna Airam

daggblu4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:08 pm
yes, i agree w/ all that's been said. it's very brave of you to take this life-altering step. i personally believe 16 is way too young. my sister is a junior and is turning 17 next month and i cannot imagine her married and sufficiently living her life w/ the responsibility of a husband, much more so w/ a future child. back then, and even now in some cultures, 16 is prime age to start a family, but that's due to living circumstances. people didnt' live much long, so they start a family as soon as humanly could. but nowadays, you have the option of choosing your own life. i agree w/ Sotur about strong love waiting. you still have your childhood to grow into and your own experiences to delve into. both of you are still growing. although, if this is what you deep down know you want and i think you're old enough to know how to dig down your own consciousness (like, analyzing yourself), then, hey, all the best of luck to you. but, you'll def. go through a hell of bumps, considering you're still underage. but if you're mature enough to marry, then be mature enough to handle those problems. remember, you're no longer just thinking for yourself. you're living for your family's future. and be prepared to wake up one day and realize both of you are different people. despite all that, i think it's sweet growing up w/ the person you love and have them be w/ you as you develop into your own woman. good luck! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:30 pm
I was married at seventeen, and am nineteen now.

I don't think there is a problem with you being married. So long as you two are devoted to each other, it'll be just fine.

Think of it as an opportunity to learn more about yourself and your husband, while becoming more mature and understanding the world better.

It'll be great, just make sure you talk a lot and have very good communication... if he is upset, find out why. If you're upset, go to him and tell him.

As a guy though, I'd ask the favor that you be staright-forward with him. Don't dance around the subject that's bothering you, and don't assume he'll know.

If you're upset, then say it clearly, and say why. The one thing that can get me the most upset/angry is when anyone (my wife included) will not directly address a problem.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

BitterSweetVampyre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 pm
u mite run into some maor problems...just be careful but live ur life also...hav fun i guess!!!  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff