Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Love Triangle: Your take? (Spoilers about Eclipse) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bella should have chosen...
  Edward. Yeahhhh.
  Jacob. Hurrah.
  ...Billy Black.
View Results

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:11 pm
Im glad Im not the only one who said Billy in the poll anymore xD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:13 am
Falls to the ground
Let me start off by saying I am firmly an Edward/Bella fan, and I hate Jacob. I absolutly do not want her to be with him, and I was pretty annoyed that she would even consider it. But I don't hate Bella for it. I'm not even mad at her. Not even a little.

As I was reading this whole thread, I started thinking; it's actually good that all this s**t with kissing Jacob went down. She's madly in love with Edward and they are absolutly going to be together, we know that already wink . But as Jacob pointed out, Bella had never even so much as kissed another boy, much less fell in love. I hate to side with Jacob here, but I think he's kind of right in saying that Bella should, well, I hate the way he put it, but "play the field".

Don't shoot me, I'm not done yet.

I think Jacob had some valid points, but for different reasons than I'm thinking of. I think Bella souldn't actually date around or anything (my Edward-loving soul shudders at the thought) but she should at least consider her options. Why bother when we all now she's ment for Edward, you might ask? Because if after considering her options (human life with Jacob) she still chooses to be a vampire with Edward (which she did, of course) then it's really proven that it's really and truely what she wants, not what she thinks she wants. She thought through what it would mean to stay with Jacob as a human vs vampire with Edward, really considered it, and ok, she had to kiss Jacob in the process of thinking (trust me, I was not pleased). As much as I hated that it went that far, it makes perfect sense.

Alisox:
Quote:
I was disappointed in Bella all-in-all. It isnt like her to even think about anything like life without Edward, not for a moment. That should not have been a difficult decision, yet it was basically the whole book.

Yes, it should have been a difficult decision. Cause guys, don't forget, she wasn't just considering Jacob vs Edward. She was also struggling with normal human life vs vampire never-see-her-human-family-again life. It's not a decision to take lightly. It's more life-changing, more permanant, than just who-will-I-date. Bella did the mature thing by actually considering both options thouroughly. Maybe kissing Jacob wasn't the best way to do that, obviously, but don't forget she's human, and a very confused one at that. And for any readers who might have been as torn as Bella, they are now satisfied that Bella at least seriously considered Jake before writing him off just because he's not Edward.

And, IMHO, the best part? She chose Edward, even though she didn't have to. It reinforces the proof of her love for him, if that makes sense. It shows that, even if presented with other options, Bella will always pick Edward. Did we already know that? Duh. But it's nice to see more proof.

She made some mistakes. So did Jacob, so did Edward, so does the rest of the world. I'm not proud of what she did, but I could never hate her for it. Excuse me for sounding like a philosophical sap, but I'm going to say it anyway; sometimes you have to get lost a little to make sure you're really on the right path.

I agree wholeheartedly on that one. Thank you so much for posting it. ^^

I was very happy with Eclipse. Their mistakes gave the characters more depth. They seemed more real to me in this one than in the other two.  

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mewamewmew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:21 am
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe, Jacob has already imprinted? That maybe he imprinted on Bella? People keep saying, what will happen when he imprints and leaves Bella behind, but, what if he already imprinted? See, as was said before, in a world without Edward, Bella would be with Jacob. In this world, Bella and Jacob would be inseperable, that's teh only reason Jacob was able to come between Bella and Edward, she was supposed to be with him too. And hey, Edward isn't theonly one who can keep secrets. Jacob could've simply not told Bella, and ordered teh pack not to either, remember, his word is law, unless revoked by Paul, which, in this case, I don't think he would botehr with. And then, Edward would know too, but would he really tell Bella? I don't think so.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:36 pm
Personally, I really, really don't like Jacob. First, I wanted to slap him when he forced Bella to kiss him. Then, with how he wouldn't let her go live happily with Edward. Plus, his mood swings. Also, the whole imprinting thing. Oh yeah, and at the ending where he's taking it out on everyone else and such. Overall, lets just say I wanted to do more than just slap that silly wolf boy upside the head. I don't think that Jacob imprinted with/to Bella. He never told her that he did, the other pack members didn't mention it, ...and something else that I forgot while typing this. Hopefully in the next book Jacob doesn't come to Edward's and Bella's wedding and massacre it.  

Colloquial Serendipity

Sweet Explorer

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Fireball96740
Hopefully in the next book Jacob doesn't come to Edward's and Bella's wedding and massacre it.

Oh my God, I hadn't even thought of that. s**t, I can see Jacob, coming in wolf form blinded by rage and heart break and completly destroying the wedding eek Oh please don't let that happen Stephenie...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:24 am
I'm glad she stayed with Edward, I would have wanted to kill her myself.

I started to hate Jacob throughout the book, but towards the end...I was feeling sorry for him.

As for Bella...I wanted to smack her, yet she reminds me of me in so many ways sweatdrop

Edward was perfect of course <3 I'm a bit surprised at how he acted, but it's Edward. He's old-fashioned and a true gentleman 3nodding  

xoSereox

xoSereox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:26 am
Fireball96740
Hopefully in the next book Jacob doesn't come to Edward's and Bella's wedding and massacre it.

If he does, I'm quite sure a lot of us fans will want his blood twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:22 am
first off, not to be mean or anything, but i may dislike jacob for stealing bella from the oh so lovely edward, but i dont hate him for it.

i didnt like jacob very much at all because when you think about your true love, i always believed in the elizabethan theory that theres only ONE.

i think jacob was just in the story to give the plot some more drama, so the reader may hate the plot altogether, but they cant stop reading. i know that if it was just edward and bella skipping through the daisies going "tra la laaaa..", i wouldnt have made it through the book.

but making bella fall in love with him was going just alittle too far. she never seemed to love him more than one would love a brother, but it all changes very abbruptly in the end. didnt seem fair to edward, considering how much torture he was going through already!

...sniff, poor edward.  

Upsideout

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:16 pm
why is billy in the poll !?lol rofl

I loved the book as well. I really enjoyed it. Im sad that she had to hurt jacob, but her and edward are really meant to be together.

I think she picked wisely. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:35 pm
Ok, let me lay this out how I see it, supported by the facts from the book.

Choice 1.) Bella and Jacob:

Jacob was there for Bella when the love of her life left her. She was struggiling to keep herself whole and human. As she said herself in New Moon she was "damaged goods." Jacob made her happy; easily. Bella didn't have to be someone she wasn't, it was all very natural to be with him. I tottaly get how Bella feels about Jacob. I have a friend that we hold hands and everything and he makes me laugh and I feel comfortable around him, but I don't love him in the romatic way. He's my brother. I tottaly understood Bella when she felt that way too. Jacob, even though I liked him much more in this book, was a little cruel. He kissed her against her will? Who the hell does he think he is? I'm glad she punched him even though it hurt her more than him. I would have packed a punch, but with him, it probably wouldn't hurt anyways. I agree that Jacob and Bella were soul mates and all... and that they could have been together and had kids...
Yes, Bella would know how it could have been had she chose Jacob, but the entire time you were reading it, don't tell me that for a second you even thought she would go with him, even when she kissed him back. I hated that part by the way. How could she do that? How could she do that to herself. How could she do that to Jacob? How could she do that to Edward.
What was she thinking?

||She loved him like a brother. And when Jacob said she was in love with him... I thought, yeah, she loves him as a brother is a cover up in her pycho mind. ||

Choice 2.) Bella and Edward

Clearly the right choice for different reasons.
Always protecting her. Impossibly in love with her. Just what she needs. Always charming and romantic. Let's not forget polite, even to those that aren't nice to him. (Charlie and Jacob.) Even though he can't read her mind he seems to know what she wants, albeit not always. He makes sure everything she does is her choice and hers alone. If she chooses something that doesn't include him, like being with Jacob, he was going to let her go. Even though he is sometimes too overprotective and sometimes controlling, Bella needs him.

Choice 3.) Leave them both.

This is getting way out of control! I can't pick between both the loves of my life! I want a normal life god damit! One without vampires or werewolves! I'm going to Florida with Reneé! I hope your god damn happy!

Although I doubt Choice 3 would ever happen, it's something to think about.

Edward I still love, but Jacob in this book made it all the harder to choose. I know where Bella is coming from, but why did she realize that she really loved Jacob?! gonk

Anyways, just thought I'd write a book too and tell you how I see it.

Speculum Pondero

Genius __ Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:34 am
Autruna
Falls to the ground
Let me start off by saying I am firmly an Edward/Bella fan, and I hate Jacob. I absolutly do not want her to be with him, and I was pretty annoyed that she would even consider it. But I don't hate Bella for it. I'm not even mad at her. Not even a little.

As I was reading this whole thread, I started thinking; it's actually good that all this s**t with kissing Jacob went down. She's madly in love with Edward and they are absolutly going to be together, we know that already wink . But as Jacob pointed out, Bella had never even so much as kissed another boy, much less fell in love. I hate to side with Jacob here, but I think he's kind of right in saying that Bella should, well, I hate the way he put it, but "play the field".

Don't shoot me, I'm not done yet.

I think Jacob had some valid points, but for different reasons than I'm thinking of. I think Bella souldn't actually date around or anything (my Edward-loving soul shudders at the thought) but she should at least consider her options. Why bother when we all now she's ment for Edward, you might ask? Because if after considering her options (human life with Jacob) she still chooses to be a vampire with Edward (which she did, of course) then it's really proven that it's really and truely what she wants, not what she thinks she wants. She thought through what it would mean to stay with Jacob as a human vs vampire with Edward, really considered it, and ok, she had to kiss Jacob in the process of thinking (trust me, I was not pleased). As much as I hated that it went that far, it makes perfect sense.

Alisox:
Quote:
I was disappointed in Bella all-in-all. It isnt like her to even think about anything like life without Edward, not for a moment. That should not have been a difficult decision, yet it was basically the whole book.

Yes, it should have been a difficult decision. Cause guys, don't forget, she wasn't just considering Jacob vs Edward. She was also struggling with normal human life vs vampire never-see-her-human-family-again life. It's not a decision to take lightly. It's more life-changing, more permanant, than just who-will-I-date. Bella did the mature thing by actually considering both options thouroughly. Maybe kissing Jacob wasn't the best way to do that, obviously, but don't forget she's human, and a very confused one at that. And for any readers who might have been as torn as Bella, they are now satisfied that Bella at least seriously considered Jake before writing him off just because he's not Edward.

And, IMHO, the best part? She chose Edward, even though she didn't have to. It reinforces the proof of her love for him, if that makes sense. It shows that, even if presented with other options, Bella will always pick Edward. Did we already know that? Duh. But it's nice to see more proof.

She made some mistakes. So did Jacob, so did Edward, so does the rest of the world. I'm not proud of what she did, but I could never hate her for it. Excuse me for sounding like a philosophical sap, but I'm going to say it anyway; sometimes you have to get lost a little to make sure you're really on the right path.

I agree wholeheartedly on that one. Thank you so much for posting it. ^^

I was very happy with Eclipse. Their mistakes gave the characters more depth. They seemed more real to me in this one than in the other two.

Amen to that rant!!!!!!!! I don't understand how people could hate Bella, or Jacob for that matter,b/c of their actions during this book. I was actually irritated at Edward for his over protectiveness, and was really proud of him for being grown up about it toward the end there. I was so pleased to see both side cooperate during this book, and I think both Jacob and Edward, although they will never admit it, respect each other a bit now. Charlie even said that Edward seem worried about Jacob while he was hurt. So, over all, i was pleased w/the book.

As for who I like Bella with...I wouldn't have minded either way. I love Jacob and I love Edward. I'm not sure if I could have chosen if I was in that position. That will pro'ly be one of the hardest decisions she will have to make in this entire series. I'm just happy she actually chose by the end. It would have pissed me off if this love triangle was dragged on any longer.
Now Jacob can heal and get over it. It's already been said that he's not imprited on Bella, which means she must not be his soul mate, yes? That's just my take on the situation.

Anyways, i'm done w/my rant for now. All in all, great book. Glad Bella was able to make a decision. Hope we get to see the wedding. Or at least be apar to of Bella changeing in the next book.

Peace,
Ami-chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:45 am
Falls to the ground
Fireball96740

Oh my God, I hadn't even thought of that. s**t, I can see Jacob, coming in wolf form blinded by rage and heart break and completly destroying the wedding eek Oh please don't let that happen Stephenie...

Oh please. rolleyes Enough of the character hate here.

If you've read the books at all then you'd realize that Jacob loves Bella. (whoop-dee-doo, you're smart enough to realize that I hope) He may do some crazy stuff in "the name of love", but he would never do something so unspeakably hurtful.

It may not seem it at times, but Jacob really does look out for Bella and wouldn't hurt her on purpose. Killing everyone at the wedding would be a one-way trip to hurting Bella, so... anyone? I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.  

julliel

Tipsy Ladykiller

6,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

Evil Genius Koji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:48 pm
There is nothing more to be said. You've done it all.

Jacob Black is really starting to piss me off. *twitch* And Bella. *sigh* Why, oh, WHY did Stephanie Meyer do this? This whole INSECURITY thing with Bella? crying I am thoroughly a Edward/Bella fan, but I'm not thick or shallow or THAT stubborn. I understand that Bella's only human now. She has her doubts...but it really hurt to see Edward being so...so NOBLE. Jake was rather selfish throughout the book- always demanding, even though Edward gave way first, and let her see him. I mean, sure, Jake got the crappier end of the stick in the end, but really...I thought that whole Jacob-Edward convo while Bella was 'asleep' was rather sweet...but you have to say, Jacob's got a point. Edward's no saint. He plays dirty too. Like with the whole marriage thing being revealed to Jake. That was cruel. And then he had to be KIND about it and fetch Jake back and give Bella another dilemma. *sigh* I just don't know...this book really hurt a lot...it sort of throws off Bella's devotion to Edward in the past books, with her doubts about her feelings. I didn't like that. It felt too...un-Bella. Not her character. OOC. I can honestly say that the very favorite part of my book was when Bella punched Jake. Straight anger, just like that. No doubt. Bella was seriously pissed, and Edward was being very supporting there. But I really, really HATED her doubt over her love in Edward, that whole 'soul mates' thing. *sigh* At that point in the book (which was last night at one am in the morning, myself having bought the book that afternoon) my eyes were wide, and I didn't like any of it, but I couldn't put the book down. It was just...I don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jacob REALLY PISSED ME OFF. He was going to imprint sooner or later, and just end up hurting Bella.
Bella has Edward. Thats all she needs, clearly.
And Edward clearly needs her.

For me, the ONLY option is: Bella and Edward. End. Of. Story. Good-bye.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xDorkable

Genius __ Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:45 am
julliel
Falls to the ground
Fireball96740

Oh please. rolleyes Enough of the character hate here.

If you've read the books at all then you'd realize that Jacob loves Bella. (whoop-dee-doo, you're smart enough to realize that I hope) He may do some crazy stuff in "the name of love", but he would never do something so unspeakably hurtful.

It may not seem it at times, but Jacob really does look out for Bella and wouldn't hurt her on purpose. Killing everyone at the wedding would be a one-way trip to hurting Bella, so... anyone? I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.
I totally agree. I can't stand that people hate Jacob. Yeah. He was a jerk some parts in this book, but so was Edward. I mean, I'd get REALLY annoyed w/the over protectiveness in this book. However, since Bella's...well let's face it, USELESS at the moment,i guess i can see where he's comeing from.
Anyways, Jacob does love Bella. You can't change that. I think we all need to step back and give Jacob a little bit more credit. He's not a complete moron and he cares for Bella very much. He said he'd be there if she changed her mind, so i dont' think he'd be a complete idiot and do that.
*rolls eyes* Get over it people. Jacob and Edward BOTH do what they think is best for Bella. No matter how childish BOTH their actions are sometimes.

Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff