Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The GAIA Complaints Dept
Some days gaia makes me feel very old. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

?
!
100%
 100%  [ 139 ]
Total Votes : 139

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:00 pm
Annika
I only really feel old when I am in town and people are asking each other and sometimes me to cyber with them. I'm not here for that so I ignore them, but seriously, it's odd. I'm only 27 but I've been here since 2003 also. There was a huge break when I had to live with my mom (YAY! DIVORCE!) and she HATES the internet. She believes it should only be used for email. Idiot. She would scream at me "GET OFF THAT COMPUTER!"

Gotta run. I got up for a 5:30am snack and my six year old busted me and is demanding we play "Sorry."

Parenting makes me feel WAAAAAY old. ("Because I said so" and "I am doing this because I love you." The latter one is hard to explain. Six year olds don't get "I am putting you in time out because I don't want you to be a danger to yourself and others when you grow up and I am trying to teach you boundaries and things you need to know now.")

I understand.. I remember those days... but what will make you feel really old is when you are like me and your kid is in the geezer guild...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:29 am
Lil-Jo
Annika
I only really feel old when I am in town and people are asking each other and sometimes me to cyber with them. I'm not here for that so I ignore them, but seriously, it's odd. I'm only 27 but I've been here since 2003 also. There was a huge break when I had to live with my mom (YAY! DIVORCE!) and she HATES the internet. She believes it should only be used for email. Idiot. She would scream at me "GET OFF THAT COMPUTER!"

Gotta run. I got up for a 5:30am snack and my six year old busted me and is demanding we play "Sorry."

Parenting makes me feel WAAAAAY old. ("Because I said so" and "I am doing this because I love you." The latter one is hard to explain. Six year olds don't get "I am putting you in time out because I don't want you to be a danger to yourself and others when you grow up and I am trying to teach you boundaries and things you need to know now.")

I understand.. I remember those days... but what will make you feel really old is when you are like me and your kid is in the geezer guild...
rolleyes xp
...or more-so when he's been in it for almost a year already... ninja  

freaxy
Crew

squirly138

250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:30 am
My birthday is coming up so it's another year for me......waaaaaaa!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:12 pm
fr34x0r
Lil-Jo
Annika

rolleyes xp
...or more-so when he's been in it for almost a year already... ninja

Don't rub it in brat...  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 pm
Pfeh. I woke up this morning and realized I graduated from High School 2 Decades ago. Twenty Years. And what the heck have I done with my life?

Well, I mean, besides being married for 8 years and a string of really lousy jobs... Er... and that time I helped my folks with a loan and when I went to my sister's wedding in Argentina and I volunteered a couple places and got born again and then there was that time I got $200 for winning a local game design contest and they published a couple of lines of mine in a book on my favorite...

Well, okay, I've done a FEW things, but it's hardly been a double decade brimming over with accomplishment.

Well, 19 years and 6 months, actually.

Er... Sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:34 pm
i felt old when i almost got scammed by a fifeteen year old on here, by the way i felt like an idiot after that, but it got worse in the arena where i put in a submission for the birth of venus and one girl made a comment about how it needed more and called me honey. Come to find out shes 14 and i told her i put my avi in after the art piece and shes never seen it in her life, and said sorry cause she said some really snotty remarks about it. jeese  

Joyfullove86

g0dless420

Wheezing Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:46 pm
I've gotten a few looks from friends of mine when they see my screen sitting on gaia, the first thing they say is "What are you a *****?" or something similar. I have a few friends that are on gaia, that are all around my age (30's), and one persons daughter...she would be the youngest person I talk to.

It's all in fun though. I assume everyone who joins gaia either does so because they love to talk with other people (I'm a forum addict as it is, and there are an endless amount of topics to post on here), or because they like some of the games. I personally love it all, especially the homes.

Adults dont always have to play "mature" games either. I've never been a fan of shooters, and play very few fighting games. I like bright flashy colors.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 am
I used to get on Lifestyle Discussion and Life Issues to give advice. After a while of having my advice ignored because "I don't know what its like" I stopped. Well, I actually stopped after telling a few kids "You're 14, you don't know s**t about s**t. Shut up"  

Kraggus Doomhammer

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:57 pm
Kraggus Doomhammer
I used to get on Lifestyle Discussion and Life Issues to give advice. After a while of having my advice ignored because "I don't know what its like" I stopped. Well, I actually stopped after telling a few kids "You're 14, you don't know s**t about s**t. Shut up"

You should know by now that teenagers know everything... just ask them.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Lil-Jo
Annika

Last time I checked . . . You had 2 (count 'em... two) kids posting in the Geezer Guild razz

So what are you when you're the parent of Geezers?? Geezerer?!?  

Malheureux
Crew

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:16 pm
What I find odd is that so many of these young people are looking for "action" on Gaia.

Of course, I remember being a bundle of hormones from 13 to about... uh... 25 or so, but I couldn't even talk straight when I got my glands all riled up, much less type.

Yet these kiddies are using a BBS to pursue amorous encounters? Possibly with people in Newfoundland or Macao? I mean, who's gonna drive them if they manage to hook up.

That's just... weird.

I've said this before, but I wonder what these kids who call their elders "pederasts" are gonna be doing in a few years time? Do you think they'll outgrow it or feel embarassed or move on to other posting pursuits or what?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:21 am
Kraggus Doomhammer

lol mrgreen

It's not so much Gaia that makes me feel old… looking in the mirror does that job perfectly well. blaugh xp  

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:24 pm
Ugh! I know tat feeling Alleira!

For me it's noise. The more noises my body makes involuntarily, the older I know I've gotten.

I'd gotten used to the farts, the bone pops, the creaks and the rumbles, but nothing quite prepares you for the flap of flesh on flesh as your skin starts to sag in... uh... unexpected places. I've taken to wearing clothes around the house more just to pad out the sound. I used to walk around in the buff, but now I'm afraid I'll catch on something!

There's also love handles and lunch lady arm to contend with...
I'm beginning to feel like a science fiction creature.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 pm
It's sad when I see all these RP requests that slap age limits on- and I'm like "~delete~ ~delete~ it's not like I'm gonna go to your house and rape you- I just wanna RP damn it, and if you're a decent RPer I don't care if you're younger than me"

and then I grew up an only child- so I spent most of my youth with adults instead of kids my age- so I know even older stuff then most people in my generation- woe is the time I'll be talking to someone a mere 3 years younger or so- and completely talk over their head...

I'm old 23 for crying out loud- not 83...  

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

BlaizeDeeziere

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:46 pm
Harbone

I've said this before, but I wonder what these kids who call their elders "pederasts" are gonna be doing in a few years time? Do you think they'll outgrow it or feel embarassed or move on to other posting pursuits or what?

I have often wondered that myself. I have been on a lot of sites that were all or mostly adults on them, when I first got there (gaming, sci-fi, fantasy, anime, writing, etc) but slowly more and more kids showed up. It was not a major thing until they started accusing US of being there in THEIR space for lascivious reasons. In '98 I was a co-founder of a site that I ended up leaving, because I got tired of defending my right to like the things I like even if someone else felt I was too old, and my the other co-founders shut it down in 2003, because of similar reasons.

I have never been one that thought I should stop liking the things I like, because others think I am too old for them. Luckily my children and good friends have always loved the fact that I don't give up doing things my way, just because I get older.  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff