Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
"Pern" / Dragon Riders of Pern RP? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragonriders must fly when Thread is in the sky... (a Pern RP?)
  Clear skies and fair weather (yes)
  Wherry Teeth! (no)
  I'm here for the Gather (poll whore answer)
View Results

Flaconscale

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:46 pm
Heh, we can do both, Hatchlings are cute ^^
Thread fighting is fun though ^^

Yes I'm an Australian, West Aussie ^^

I honestly can't remember either... I'm in a Pern RP outside of Gaia and we have wingthirds there...
It might partly be because Wingseconds are bronze or brown
and wingthirds can be green or blue riders

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 pm
Interesting way to do it! I like it cause then you can get the idea that blues and greens aren't as useless as everyone seems to take them. I happen to love blues, even though they're some of the least discussed. :3  

Ifailedmywillsave

Flaconscale

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:18 pm
I think that was one of the reasons why they did it ^^

One of my fave 'sonas to use in Pern is Az'uka and his blue Nilzuth who is a bit of a klutz of a dragon^^ I love him to death *hugs the big blue*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:27 pm
I'm quite tempted to create an androgynous girl whom everyone thinks is male who impresses a blue but is attracted to a brown rider... ninja heart Not even a whiff of a chance they'll meet by mating flight, and browns are not known for the possibility of homosexuality, so the man wouldn't even be looking her way for that reason, you know? I'm waaaay too much of a fan of sexual tension. xd ;;  

Ifailedmywillsave

Flaconscale

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:42 pm
That would be so FRICKING awesome!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:16 pm
surprised You think so? It wouldn't be too ridiculous?  

Ifailedmywillsave

Flaconscale

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 pm
In a Pern with large amounts of canon then yes it would be.

But we can bend a little canon for some interesting charcters.

I shall start work on a RP thread soon ^^

Once I finish this essay ... ><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 pm
I would rp, but i sux0rx at it, plus I'v only read like 2 books, though I wanna read more lol. I really liked the 2 i read.  

ThePiratePrincess!

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:56 pm
Well, perhaps you can read the rp and see how to get better at it, Pirate! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:51 pm
Two is enough ^^ you would know the most common Pern terminology and could pick the rest up on the fly so to speak

>< Ok I hate my computer right now *kicks it for eating her essay*

Flaconscale

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:46 am
i like the idea about growing up with the hatchlings ;3

im sure joining this'll make me want to read the books, ive perused them before, just had more pressing books to buy. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:28 am
*volunteers to be a green-rider teacher of weyrlings*  

Ifailedmywillsave

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:35 am
I'd love to play an older cranky rider, I think, but given my current amount of knowledge, it might be easier if I didn't, hehe..

At what age do kids/young adults 'get picked by an egg'.. or.. something of the sort? Is there a set age? Or is it random? o:  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:04 am
Children who have been chosen by especially sensitive dragons are anywhere between the ages of 10 and 23, I think. I don't have access to The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern at the moment, so I don't know if there's any information about it in there... There is only one known attempt at trying to have a rider who's lost their dragon re-Impress. It was unsuccessful.

At the Hatching, the Candidates are set in a large semi-circle about the Clutch (grouping of eggs) and if there is a golden Queen egg, the Queen-specific candidates (all female) create a separate group about it. The eggs rock and the adult dragons, whether they're in the cavern or not, begin to hum deep in their throats - a sort of welcome to the new hatchlings. As each shell breaks, the dragonet searches around for their ideal mind to bond with. Some say the creatures know before they exit the shell whom their chosen is. As it is, there are occasionally dragonets who cannot find their match and go into the freezing cold of between (between places in teleportation) without a destination which is the same thing as suicide. They will never exit between.

A dragonet is ravenous directly after hatching, so the first duty of a candidate - which they will all have been drilled in - is to feed the baby as much meat as they will take, making sure that they will not choke. Always they must talk and reassure their match that they will never leave, that they love them, etc. The unimpressed candidates may choose to go home to their families or remain at the weyr in case of another hatching when they are allowed to go before the eggs again. They are allowed to stay until they are deemed too old to make the attempt.

Sometimes, fairly rarely, a dragonet will choose a member of the audience instead of the assembled candidates. This is often allowed, as the other option is death for the dragonet and despair for the unwitting candidate.  

Ifailedmywillsave

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:50 pm

heeeeeey listen up!

::waves hands erraticly::
oooooh i'll join!!!!!!!!!
<3
me and my queen Bereth have been flying in the queens wing for only a short while
the names lunaria (heh yeah i made this username for my rp chari)

::runs off to start a profile and appearence piccy::

ooooh so we have tec and fire lizzards

hmmmmmm
i'll have a profile typed up tomorrow ^^

Lunaria Has spoken!

Formerly Twisted Moon Fey

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers