Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Two *NEW* Kingdom Hearts Games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which will you get?
  Birth by Sleep *PSP*
  358/2 Days *DS*
  Both! XD
  Neither :(
View Results

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:09 pm
I've beaten him, but I still stand by the fact that he's a whore to fight. Now I'm stuck with Hades, and he's pwning me.

Goddam it, stupid cards. >_> I think they should've thought that one out more. What the hell kinda game doesn't let you upgrade you strength?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:22 pm
Welll sora is a special case....but when you get Riku you can upgrade strength. blaugh
I love omnislash! I have like 4-5 cloud cards in a deck. Included with elixers so I can spam my favorite attack. >: D

A smart move is to use roulette rooms as much as possible to get moogle rooms and bounty cards. You can get tons of cards that way.  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:37 pm
Ahh... Thanks, I'll try that. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:42 am
The only good thing about the card system is that you can cancel any enemy attack no matter how powerful with a zero card. Try to make your healing cards zero cards so that you can cancel bosses most powerful attacks & heal at the same time.  

Soujii-sama

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:43 pm
Ahh, I'll try that.

If I ever get new cards, that is. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:43 pm
Careful with that strategy though!

It's important to note that the "0 cards" work best against single opponents. Using "0 cards" in a multi-man brawl is asking to get card breaked yourself. Leaving yourself without the heal and vulnerable.

It is smart to use your items/heal cards with a combo to strengthen it from being broken itself.  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm
*sigh* This is all to complicated for me! gonk

I've decided to beat this game purely out of spite.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:38 pm
Indeed.
As like any children's card game the rules must be confusing, long and drawn out. I was so confused in the begining. @_@
I gave up on it and yelled "Screw the rules I have Cloud Strife" and continued through most of the game omnislashing.

Even with some online guides it was tough. The guides didn't help mostly since they talked about the GBA version. -_-;
Which left me in for a HUGE surprise at the end of Sora's run-through.  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 pm
Kazuma Ishimaru
Indeed.
As like any children's card game the rules must be confusing, long and drawn out. I was so confused in the begining. @_@
I gave up on it and yelled "Screw the rules I have Cloud Strife" and continued through most of the game omnislashing.

Even with some online guides it was tough. The guides didn't help mostly since they talked about the GBA version. -_-;
Which left me in for a HUGE surprise at the end of Sora's run-through.

Arrrgggh *is now insanely curious*

I really am trying to be strategic. I couldn't beat Vexen, so I actually put some thought into my deck, and it worked. I was flabbergasted. Yeah, took me literally two minutes after I beat him to get stuck again, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:02 pm
I can't believe that you guys are having trouble with this game...I found it way too easy. Basically I set up 2 decks - 1 for bosses & 1 for random battles.

My random battle deck was a MAGIC ONLY deck that spammed megaflare & holy. 1 megaflare will destroy all enemies onscreen & then all enemies that spawn afterwards because of it's delayed effect. This will work all the way until Twilight Town. Once you reach Destiny Islands just use the monster card that gives fire boost before launching megaflare. Holy is tossed in there to defeat enemies in Castle Oblivion that are immune to fire. Random battles are over in 10 seconds or less (except for Castle Oblivion).

My attack deck was for bosses only. It spammed Sonic Blade. A Handful of sonic blades = defeated boss. I never even bothered (or needed) to heal.

I used the magic attack deck for the final boss though, because I was lazy and didn't want to move - so I just spammed megaflare & holy until he was dead. I only carried 2 cure cards the entire game & that was more than enough. I hardly ever needed to heal.  

Soujii-sama

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 pm
That's all well and good, Soujii, but that doesn't help me. I'm stuck at the beginning of the game, with weak cards, one cure card that I accidentally turned premium, and I've used all my moogle points trying to get better cards. confused I'm totally, utterly stuck.

I wish the enemies couldn't run away, or that you didn't really 'use' a card if it missed. =_=  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:33 pm
Hope your doing better now. I was able to finish the game in ~21 hrs with Sora....and ~9 hrs with Riku. (riku felt sooo much easier)

I never did get megaflare until just yesterday when I decided to try a mage deck. I only went through the game on one deck of attack cards mixed with cloud and some heals.
Megaflare really wasn't like how I thought it'd be...I prefer holy.  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:44 pm
358/2 Days is available for preorder. eek
Release date is unconfirmed, but currently August 29, 2009 in NA. Lovely, right before school starts. stare

I guess the only real new information we've gotten is a picture of a new Keyblade for Roxas... Lots of infuriatingly confusing quotes, though, and untranslated screenshots. I've almost given up looking for much solid at this point.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 pm
OMNOMNOM OMG. I hope this means Birth by Sleep will come out soon too~  

ArikaiHart

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:03 pm
Ooo I'm getting as giddy as (insert witty simile here)!!!!

Funny that it gets released at that time though.... stare  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces