Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Student Guild

Back to Guilds

The place to learn about Japan and all facets of Japanese culture 

Tags: Japanese, Student, Guild 

Reply The Japanese Student Guild
The Newbie Thread *Read First Post* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BluWaterGoddess

4,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:33 pm
xKISEKIx
hey, i'm Caitlin. smile i'm taking Japanese 1 this year as a freshie in high school, so i don't know much yet

oh wow, they have japanese at your high school? that's awesome XD Mine only offered spanish and french...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:20 pm
Hi, I'm Willothwisp. I am a student of Japanese at Central Washington University. My roommate here is also from Japan. It's great to get to meet everyone here since we all have such a strong interest in Japan! biggrin  

willothwisp

cuffedCatboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:18 am
ohayou minna-san.. ^^

boku no namae wa Shiina desu.. sounds japanese, ne? x3
Well, I love different languages (my english isn't that good tho.. >>"), and I'm really looking forward to study japanese as soon as I'm finished with school.. XD
nihongo o benkyo shitai, so I try to catch as many words from anime, manga, and my dictionaries.. but its mostly: wakarimasen.. x3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:38 pm
Konichiwa!
Watashiwa Soladancer Desu.Doozo Youroshiku
Hello
I am Solardancer.Nice to meet you.
I am in my first year of both Japanese and Highschool,and Cant wait to go on the 2007 summer trip to Japan with Kanji-sensi(maybe,hopefully...)
sweatdrop
I hope I can be everyones friend,RL and IN!*bows*  

solardancer

Obsessive Poster

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

the one and only k

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:17 pm
Hello, my name is Kaori or Cyn. I've been studying languages for a long time now (although I am not a linguistics major). I can fluently speak English (yay), Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese.

I am a college student at MSU (take a guess), currently in Taiwan to brush up on my reading and writing of chinese. I have just finished an internship program (10months) in Nagoya Japan doing translation and guide work at the Aichi World Expo.

I also kinda/sorta teach Japanese online --> Noated

I can't say that I'm VERY interested in anime and such, but I do enjoy the occasional manga and anime. I dont know too much about it anymore as I kind of got over the boom in middle school.

If you want to know about Japanese culture and stuff, I guess you can ask me, but I tend to be very opinioned so I dont know how accurrate my accounts are. In total, I have lived in Japan for about 2 years.

douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu. m-_-m  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:22 pm
Yo. I'm Kyoki-Kun. I know a little Japanese. (mostly just curses and insults. sweatdrop ) Their is no Japanese classes in my school sadly. crying But, I still wanna learn! >_< By the way, this guild okie? It seems a little...... Dead? neutral  

Great Scoot

Pink-Spider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:26 am
Hello. Pink Spider here!
I've been studying Japanese a bit in University. Now I live in Japan and I'm still studying. Such a hard language!! I'm glad to be a member of this guild!! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:02 am
Kyoki Kitsune
Yo. I'm Kyoki-Kun. I know a little Japanese. (mostly just curses and insults. sweatdrop ) Their is no Japanese classes in my school sadly. crying But, I still wanna learn! >_< By the way, this guild okie? It seems a little...... Dead? neutral
i think everyone was busy trick to treating, hopefully there will be more activity . . at least until christmas events roll around  

Freakezette
Captain

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:10 am
Pink-Spider
Hello. Pink Spider here!
I've been studying Japanese a bit in University. Now I live in Japan and I'm still studying. Such a hard language!! I'm glad to be a member of this guild!! heart
we're glad to have you, and you've gonna asked lots of questions since you're already in Japan! Where do you live, if I may be so bold?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:55 am
Freakezette
Pink-Spider
Hello. Pink Spider here!
we're glad to have you, and you've gonna asked lots of questions since you're already in Japan! Where do you live, if I may be so bold?

I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone has!! I love talking about Japan!
I live in Tokushima, which is on Shikoku island. It's actually a relativly small city. I much prefer Osaka! But it's nice here and the people are fantastic!  

Pink-Spider

Magically Auspicious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:14 pm
Have I posted here yet? =D If not I have now lol I've been here for quiiiite a while but seldom post. x3 Which disappoints me D: bad me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:21 pm
Yes, now anyway. =D Hello!!!!

I am Maliciously Magical and I've had a huge obsession with Japanese since I was about 12 =o Japanese is my favorite culture and I love it dearly. I want to learn the language and be able to speak it with ease. I wish to one day visit Japan and perhaps even live there one day. I want to teach English in Japan. Japan is my dream and my ultimate passion...

This would all be wonderful if I could push myself to learn the language more seriously instead of pulling off with a few catch phrases and dictionary terms. My passion for Japanese is so strong and yet my initiative to learn it is quite lazy... I joined this Guild [veeeeeery long ago] in hopes to learn it with other people instead of by myself and to actually... LEARN it. But I seldom visit this beautifully sorted Guild. And therefore am doing myself no good. D: I'm determined to learn it one day though. Somehow or another.  

Magically Auspicious

legaspernum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:02 am
Hey there! I am legaspernum. Aka Tori

I love the Japanese Culture with a Passion. I even knew how to write my name in Kanji once. In grade 7 when we were learning about Japan, but I lost the paper I wrote it on and I clearly can not remember from that far back. I guess Anime has gotten me this obsessed with Japan. Well not really. I worked at a library for 3 years and when ever we were Shelfing Reading.. Sometimes I would Read more then shelf read. But I learned alot about Japan during school and through anime and reading about it in the Library. Just this summer I visited Japan (sadly for only four days crying ) and while I was there I got so accustomed to the life there. I even got to ride on the Shinkansen from Hokado (I think it was Hokado cause we went on a tour of Mt. Fuji but I cant remember the name of them place that we took the train.) to Shinagawa Station. HEEE it was so great. I really miss Japan. And I want to go back. Big issue though is the language barrier. So thats why I want to learn Japanese. Heh.. well thanks for reading this long rant of how much I love the Japanese Culture. lol. Im really happy I joined this guild  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:59 pm
Hello! I am a sohpmore in highschool, and am currently completing Japanese Intermidiate 3. I took an intro course my 8th grade year, and started with Japanese Novice 1 last year. Since my school offers 5 full years, and the 5th year is considered AP, I decided to skip a year and complete Japanese Novice 2 over the summer. I had 9 weeks to learn an entire textbook, and somehow I managed to do so with very little outside help. Needless to say, I'm thankful to be going at a slower pace, and to have my sensei back to help me.

I am looking into doing a homestay in Japan either this year or next. I'm leaning towards next since most people that enter the program are older juniors, and 'm at the younger side of the sophmores.

I am also working towards attending Japanese Bowl this year, since I could not attend last year at a first year student. However, many of the kids at my level made it all the way to nationals, ranking 3rd in the country overall. I may not make it that far, but I'll sure try!

I don't know what really got me into Japanese. I blame my current obsession with the laguage on 2 major influences. I live in a suburban neighborhood in Ohio, so when we had a Japanese girl in 1dt grade join our class, I was instantly amazed at what a different culture she brought with her. We drifted apart over the years, but in 5th grade, there was a 7th grader on my bus whom I sat with that was obsessed with Fuushigi Yuugi. She introduced me to anime, manga, and of course, the Japanese language. She taught me basic pronounciations and even a few hiragana, and I vowed that as soon as I was old enough, I'd take Japanese.

So here I am! I hope to improve my skills, and talk with other members of gaia who have similar interests, and could possibly improve my writing scores. Kanji hate me.  

Ulterior_Motives

Chakura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:00 pm
はじめまして私はヴャクアですよろしく。私は大学の学生です。

Hajimemashite watashi wa Chakura yoroshiku desu. Watashi wa daigaku no gakusei.

Nice to meet you, I'm Chakura, please treat me well. I'm a college student. 3nodding

Yeah I know some japanese and some kanji. I would write more but i havta go.  
The Japanese Student Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff