Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
do you like full screen or wide screen? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedRedGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:06 pm
i'd say wide screen. but it depends whether i'm at the theater or at home watching a movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:55 am
Full screen.

I can't focus on the movie if it's wide screen.

The black on the top and bottom distract me. X x

gleedemon

Kitten

AncientVoLcOm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:05 am
definetly wide screen. theres more of the area's to see and it just looks neater. ive only bought one full screen dvd and i hated it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:06 am
full screen cause it fills the whole screen 4laugh  

ItsumoEros

enanabel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:15 am
i like wide screen ...i don´t know why but i think it´s more artistic ejejjejeje
but i don´t mind with the fullscreen sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:18 am
I like full screen better than wide screen.  

MDA_Tycoon

Annanoria

9,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:57 pm
I always buy my DVDs in Original Aspect Ratio, meaning the way the director filmed it. I don't read books that are abridged, and I find 40% of the content of a film missing because it is shown in fullscreen to be extremely annoying. Also a widescreen version of a show meant to be fullscreen is annoying with actors who think they are out of frame shown out of character.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:04 am
I prefer to buy widescreen, for the reasons previously mentioned in this thread.  

Aegean_Kassan

V1RTUAL PLAGUE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:06 am
Full screen plz.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:51 am
i'm not bothered i hav a tv wide enough 2 hav it on full and luk widescreen muhahahahahahahaha  

andrew the fallin angel

Strange Kiddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:48 am
It's a common assumption that wide screen cuts off part of the movie and full screen does not. That is a lie. If you know anything about movies, you know that (mostly) they are made for theatres. Theatres have a wide screen, which is a rectangle instead of a square. Thus, the films are shot with that in mind, using wide lenses, instead of square shots. Then the movies get put on DVD (or VHS if you're retro like that) and are played on TV screens. TV screens are square (except new ones like HD and stuff). Can you see where this is going? Full screen is where they cut off the edges of the movie (or stretch it, so the perspective is wonky) so that it will fit perfectly on the TV screen. In wide screen the movie is the size it was originally filmed in, not cutting anything off, and not stretching the picture. That is why I prefer wide screen over full screen.

(I don't know exactly how wide screen TVs work, so you'd have to ask someone else about the formatting on that.)

Sorry for the wall of text.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:48 am
i really dont care which one but i prefer widescreen for some reason.  

abbazaba62893

Asha2188

Eloquent Cat

18,590 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:12 am
i prefer fullscreen but since most of the movies these days are widescreen i don't mind you get use to it after awhile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 pm
I like full screen. I hate those stupid little black bars on teh screen! stressed  

Rebel_Chaos

Crete_calydon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:39 pm
me too i preffer full screens than wide screens.^_^ 4laugh lol  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items