Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Double Helix Felix

Dangerous Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:17 pm
I. Love. Bookstores.

They are...um...like...well, I can't think of a catchy simile right now, but still, you get what I mean...right?

Anyway, they're like heaven, basically. Sometimes I wish I could live in bookstores. All that manga and fantasy and sci-fi and...and...*implodes*

I'm just so happy I'm not one of those teens that doesn't read at all. I can't imagine how that would feel.

Back On Topic: Bookstores make me feel at home. It always feels cool, almost chilly, inside...and it has this kind of smell (in Border's at least) that is comprised of paper and...clean and coffee and...fantabulousness.

So yeah...I'm weird, right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:23 pm
well i like both.. but its kinda like an half and half kinda thing
i think thought i like the book store because they actually have the books i want
at my library theres not much that i favor
so book store xd  

soccerstars10

Moonzy

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 pm
Definitely bookstore.
I dont get out much and dont like to either. xD
Besides, I'd like to have my books handy whenever I want. C:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:57 pm
Most of the time I'll just go to the library to take out books. If I find a book that I really like though I go to the bookstore to buy it because I know that I will want to read it over and over. I love going to bookstores especially since my neighborhood library never has any good books in, but I never have any money.
A lot of times though my friends are the ones making me read the books so I'll just steal their copies~that way i don't have to deal with late fees either. heart  

Hime_ookami

mizzshy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:16 pm
User Image I've been thinkin' flowers,
Maybe daisies,
To brighten up the room...
---

I like to borrow books, at least at first. Although sometimes the library can be a little disappointing... ><;

---
Don't you think some flowers,
Pretty daisies,
Might relieve the gloom...? User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:01 pm
library
i dont have money for books!
except for twilight books ofcourse
wink  

LexiLu Latte

Sqweebers

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Bookstores for mangas, but usually the library for others. If our library had a wider selection of mangas then I would definetly go there more often, but since I completed the only good ones they have, I've not been back since...little info I've spent over $250 at one time on mangas biggrin (I would guess that my total amount spent on mangas is $500-$600 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:40 am
I prefer the bookstores over the library, specifically because when you find one book in a series in a bookstore, you generally find the other ones too. I hate starting a series halfway through it, it drives me insane. I've found myself doing that when getting books from a library though because of a lack of books from the series. The smaller series books don't seem to be included in a whole collection in a library, but bigger series like Twilight and Harry Potter are always there in full. Personally it drives me up the wall sweatdrop  

Aurora Tate

Hlessirah

Dapper Vegetarian

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:14 am
It's hard to say...
Considering my tendency to have overdue fines, it would be easy to say that I'd prefer bookstores. They tend to sometimes be quieter than libraries, and it's a nice study place, especially when there's a coffee shop nearby.
But even so, there's few things that I like better than spending an afternoon walking over to the local library...It's more relaxed because they're all used books, so you can feel free to just sit and read them all, all without the guilt that comes at a bookstore that wants you to actually buy them.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:08 am
I don't really have a preference. When I buy a book, it's because I read it and loved it, have read something else by the author, or because it looks really interesting. But at a library I can afford to experiment, so I try out a book and if I like it I'll buy it so I can read it again, but if I don't like it, it's fine. I try to avoid buying books that I just randomly pick up, since chances are I'll read it once and not like it enough to read it again.  

dragongirl187

Earthest

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:20 pm
I work at a bookstore so I get a discount, which is great for me. I really don't care where I get my books from, if I like it enough then I buy it, or I'll buy a book just cause. It really doesn't matter. I used to dogear my pages, but I don't anymore. I also intern at a library so I get free book marks. First come, first serve, and I choose which ones I get. *Evil laughter* ... Yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:45 am
Used bookstores FTW. Twenty books for twenty bucks--how can you beat that?  

Volatile Rainbow

Dragonfanatic24

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:17 am
I mainly go to the public library becuase I have no money at all. crying And my library I go to they know my by name. biggrin And they usually recommended me books and then we talk about books that are coming out. One time the got a new book when it wasn't even out in bookstores! xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:54 pm
I usually go to the library to pick out books, although, I've been buying a lot more lately. The only time I buy books is when I know the book is going to be insane and that I'll be able to read it over and over again.  

shadow_contractor

Jonni Mnemonic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:51 pm
I get almost all of my books from the library; I can't afford it any other way. I typically will buy books only when (a) they are secondhand and amazingly cheap and/or (b) I have read them already and know that they're brilliant.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff