Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Where do you like to read/write? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:13 pm
The vast majority of my reading and writing is done in my room. I usually sit on my bed and lean against a couple of pillow while I read, or sit in my green chair and prop my feet up against my bed.

When I'm writing I usually sit in the green chair, although sometimes I'll sit on the edge of my bed and rest my feet on the edge of my trash can. For some reason, my best ideas come either when I'm on vacation or in the shower.

Sometimes I listen to music when I read and write, although it often distracts me so I have to have it turned down really low. However, I am good at tuning things out (such as childen screaming) when I read, so music is often pointless.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:39 pm
I enjoy reading on my soft, awesome bed, leaning against a pillow, but I can read anywhere. Unless that place too exciting or annoying.
Usually, I write at my desk on a (totally awesome) rolly chair. Also, I write at school during Study Hall time... where I am supposed to be doing homework.  

VampireBond

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:24 pm
I don't have a favorite spot to read. I can read anywhere and I won't even notice where I am... I fell out of my chair once and I didn't notice until I looked up from the book...
Writing? I don't even know... I only write where there's a computer around because I'm one of those writers who keeps throwing paper after paper away but I'm for saving the environment so I just don't use paper... (I realize that's a run-on sentence.)

--Kimberly  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:55 pm
I always no matter what take the current book I am reading everywhere I go. At the store, got my book. At the movies, got my book. My mom repeatedly told me to leave them at home. xD I can absolutely not reading in a vehicle or on the swings at the park, I get headaches.

As for writing anywhere will do for me, as long as theres no one screaming at the top of their lungs (my class at school) i'm fine.  

galswingirl

Dapper Businesswoman

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150

Merenwen99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:04 pm
My favorite spot to read and write (up until recently . . . when I moved . . . >cry<) had always been high in the tree in my front yard. There was a place where three large branches split from the same limb and you could sit there perfectly, like it was made to be sat in. I'd always climb up there with a backpack and utilize the space for hours! I loved it because it was secluded because people couldn't see me, or didn't tend to notice me, but I could see and watch them. Plus, it's all natury and you can hear birds and wind smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:08 pm
My bed I love it there.  

Dragonfanatic24

BroadwayBaby_Musicnotes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:40 am
I like to read and write curled under my blankets in the middle of the night, for writing I either type or use a little lap desk I have, and yeah...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:26 am
just on my bed heart  

Ashley_whitlock

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Lostt Eviie

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:01 pm
I like reading on my bed. When I write, I type it out on the computer and listen to music while I'm at it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:48 pm
In my room or by a river. I like the calming effect.  

Blooming Lotus

Stephano Hungary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:19 pm
I like to sit in my room listening to music, and I just wait until the ideas start pouring in...
Which actually takes a while...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:29 pm
My perfect reading spot would consist of a rainy day so when i read i can hear the raindrops on the roof and the occasional sound of thunder. While I would be wraped up in blankets in my room on my bean bag chair with a nice cup of hot chocolate xd

My perfect place to write would be late at night so nobody is up to bug me while i try to write. I would be in my room lying on my bed writing or at my computer typing away.  

Sh3LbZ

xdearpanda

6,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:15 am
I like to read anywhere quiet or anywhere I can be alone. I do the same when I'm writing. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:58 am
I recently put up a gazebo and since then it has been a favored reading spot for me, though I don't stay too long because of the California heat sweatdrop
When it comes to writing, if inspiration calls it doesn't matter where I am I have to find some kind of paper and pen to put it down with. Though I will say this: with some free time, a bit of daydreaming, a pen and paper, and a can of soda, you would be surprised how far that can take you.

"Up yours drugs! I found the cheaper way of getting high but I still haven't titled it; I'll get back to you on that."-me sweatdrop
But you have to admit that's funny! lol

lakita_phoenix

Sapphire7782

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:37 pm
Either curled up on our couch, or sitting on the rug by the heater in front of said couch. I usually start off on the floor until some part of me grows too sore, then I move to the couch.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff