Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply {::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}
"Orphaned Work" - This is not funny, not funny to the least. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

21bizarreguns

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:30 pm
zOMG!!!! THIS IS FCKING BS!!!!!!!!!! excuse my language...BUT IT IS!!!! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:10 pm
I heard some of it..but not sure if is exact or really true. I had people steal my art but with all the complaining it wasnt very succesfull  

Demian Mizire

5,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200

hesikai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:26 pm
When I looked in this bill, I can't found any updated info past the end of 2008. It seems to have disappeared after lame duck congress, when obama took office. So I think the bill is pretty much dead xp .  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:58 pm
it hasn't been passed yet though so there's still a chance it'll get thrown out.... hopefully...  

Amagine

ElfHybrid

Friendly Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:33 pm
honestly? This is BS..
THey go on and on about piracy when it comes to movies and music.. why on earth should art be worth any less?? stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 am
thats why you put bigass tag on your pictures saying preview so nobody robs your stuff and keep originals on a usb or a cd  

Marilyn_Forez

Yukina222

7,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:17 pm
Hmm, well if it was up in the air for over a year and sounds like piracy, I doubt that they'd go through with it. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:23 am
Who made this sick crazy joke? making art theft legal?!?! Where has world gone to???  

emeraldocean_von_siraine

Codebreaking Flatterer

7,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Wepwaet

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:55 pm
Technically to avoid copyrights an artist only has to change 10-20% of the piece, the total work can be an exact duplication with only a small amount of change...
As an art student, we have to know the laws in order to protect ourselves and keep people from stealing our work. Cause if i do infringe as a student, i get kicked out of school and blacklisted from every place associated with the school....

Best way to avoid theft is to watermark everything and have progress pieces, don't just save over top of the original, create a ne file all together to show the progress.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:18 pm
I agree that as artist everyone should make sure to understand copyright laws as to protect themselves and the art work they create but to rely on someone that clearly has such a prejudice about stuff is wrong. This article while i agree that if what he said was all true would be horrible but he clearly jumped to many conclusions and wrote in such an angry matter that anyone who would read it would feel the same way. Before anyone should go to such extremes as he did i believe that a bit more research is in order. For if it was to work the way this man explained it, it would be terrible.

psychopuff

Captain State The Obvious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:41 am
So pretty much if I put a picture of me and my family at Silver Wood up on let's say Photo Bucket, and it's not copyrighted, Silver Wood can use it as an ad!? Not only that, we wouldn't get anything for it. That's idiotic....  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:58 am
Wtf is this b.s that they're coming out with?!??! How the HELL can you just legalize stealing of someone's work? That's like saying that i'm going to steal a song from Joe Hisaishi or Beyonce! This pisses me off....  

-Myst Sadakichi-

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

Otange

O.G. Loiterer

10,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:26 pm
Yes.. this news was brought tomy eyes earlier in the week and it outraged me to say the least.

The government cuts funds for colleges and universities, but I guess it's just not enough for them.
No.

The issue here is control. This is my opinion, by no means is it correct.

The government has a say with businesses. If the business is doing something they don;t like, they terminate it. They control what is projected to our eyes by the media.

However, they cannot control art. They cannot control how people express their feelings and problems of society through art. Art is something that they cannot control. So in attempt to control it, they cut funding to schools, encourage other programs and put idea's into mind that there is no money to be made in art.
Oh but there is. With the discovery of the internet, artists have been putting their up for viewing for everyone to see in galleries. More people see the concepts and ideas and different opinions of the artist. What happens when the art is about the government... It spreads things that they don;t want to be heard or taken note of. As much as words can capture people, art, pictures take words by the neck.

So what can they do to solve this problem? Discourage the artists further.. How? Make them page for every image they produce. Everyone knows the term 'starving artist'. We cannot pay copyright for every image we create. And if we don;t they bundle it up and sell it FOR THEIR OWN PROFIT as clip art. Oh, but even if we copyright our art, if someone uses it or recreates it, IT;S OK because you'll NEVER FIND OUT and even if you did they're not going to do anything about it.

So hey. It's killing two birds with one stone. their political problems, money and our freedom as artists.. Wait that's three.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:29 pm
!!!!!!!!!! What! Even when I was little I hated it when people would try to steal my dragons! They were hideous! Granted mine weren't much better back then, but they were mine!  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers