Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Thoughts on the English Ouran logo? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which logo did you like better?
  Japanese
  English
  They both are okay. I don't understand what the big deal is :
View Results

Cute Nanami-Chan15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 am
The logo is a little....out there and in your face, but I don't really mind. I like both. As long as they both say Ouran High School Host Club, I'm fine with it. At least they didn't change the name.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 am
hikaru-yoshida
Dire-chan
B-but still...how are they going to do the opening of the theme song?!
by translating it like funimation does on every anime they dub
They did in the beginning. But I know an example where they didn't mess with the songs. Full Metal Alchemist. Hopefully, they'll think the opening is better the way it should be and they'll leave it alone.  

Ally the Wildcat

Taco Bell Famine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:58 am
acoolbean
I think America is totally going to ruin the anime, like how they ruined all of the movies they stole from Asia. (the eye, one missed call) They should just make their own animes or movies. Sorry if i sound annoying but America is totally ruining everything.

America making anime..that is...a horrible idea xD perhaps you haven't seen that god awful Kappa Mikey show on nick. If america made anime it would look as shoddy as that. There's also shows that use the anime style like teen titans and god knows how many other cartoons are hitting the Japan-trendy train D:

Plus..anime in america would be cartoons D: since anime is what they call cartoons in japan.

Also, American doesn't ruin everything, it's the producers and directors of those movies and shows. However, I recently aquired knowledge of the voice actors and the directors for Host club and I fully approve.

And don't whine about the american dub either. The dvd's will come with english and japanese audio. If you don't like the englsih dub, then don't listen to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:01 am
Ally the Wildcat
hikaru-yoshida
Dire-chan
They did in the beginning. But I know an example where they didn't mess with the songs. Full Metal Alchemist. Hopefully, they'll think the opening is better the way it should be and they'll leave it alone.

I think with demands by the fans to stay true to most anime these days, they'll leave it be and just put subtitles like they did for Naruto.  

Taco Bell Famine

Taco Bell Famine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:04 am
xleaf ninjax
Besulalea
The logo looks like it's confused!! xd

The little rose gets on my nerves for some reason....

mine too 3nodding the rose does not work!also it needs that gold frame that the old one has so i fits in with the opening credits
eek unless there gonna re-do that to crying i hope not

I'm surprised by how picky fans can be. Can't you just be greatful that it's coming to that states at all? And it's not like the logo hasn't been changed befor. Sicne well, the original title was in Japa-freaken-nese, then they had to switch that to be read by American veiwers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:45 pm
Taco Bell Famine
Ally the Wildcat
hikaru-yoshida
Dire-chan

I think with demands by the fans to stay true to most anime these days, they'll leave it be and just put subtitles like they did for Naruto.

I was watching the Funimation announcement on YouTube and they've dubbed both Sakura Kissu and Shissou.  

xUme-chanx

Sexy Diedrich

23,700 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Kibby47
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:13 pm
zachXbellXrox
I was watching the Funimation announcement on YouTube and they've dubbed both Sakura Kissu and Shissou.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:27 pm
Kibby47
zachXbellXrox

That was my reaction. And it's sad but true.  

xUme-chanx

Sexy Diedrich

23,700 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Mallek Adalov

Codebreaking Nerd

17,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:43 pm
zachXbellXrox
Kibby47
zachXbellXrox

That was my reaction. And it's sad but true.
could I have a link for shissou?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 am
no matter what they do the japenese one is going to be better  

Mosflow

Magical Gatekeeper

11,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

candy-cated-x3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:33 pm
I don't really like it... I'm not sure why I don't though... probably too used to the Japanese logo.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:11 pm
I liked the old one. ^^  

Alexandra Michelle

dragonhealer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 pm
heart The old one was more proper and neat. I liked it. heart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:42 pm
Americans always butcher Japanese shows. Has anyone heard the English dubb sneak peeks? They sound like crap and they're usuing the cast from FMA. Though I personally don't mind, as long as I get to watch the flippin show. They did the same thing to Fruits Basket, but most of my disagreement with that was the ending since I read the Manga.

The logo looks fine. I would make the Ouran the same size as the Host Club, and a little less pink, but I suppose it'll do.

Emira Brightleaf

Blessed Miko

11,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Regular 100

dragonhealer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm
heart It will not "do" heart

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items