Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Dark Knight (New Poll!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If Nolan were to make another film who would you like to see as a villian?
  Catwoman
  Riddler
  Clayface
  Harley Quinn
  Mr. Freeze
  Poison Ivy
  Penguin
  Other (please reply and specify)
View Results

Mister Shimo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:39 am
Kenshin1387
The Dark Knight broke Spiderman 3's box office record this weekend and no doubt surprised all the people I heard saying that it wouldn't. I read it made 18 million alone in the midnight showings.

On a side note who loved the Watchmen trailer? I know I did!

That would make sense since fandango.com was reporting over 90% of ticket sales went to The Dark Knight, and some 700 movie theaters sold out, it was a safe bet that "TDK" would beat the box office record held by the spiderman moives.

eek There was a watchmen trailer??? i didnt see it.. instead i saw The Spirit trailer sad scream  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:05 am
sankapoo
Omg I know The trailer for watchmen looked amazing. and the music..Omg. I'm listening to the song now.
Oh yeah, the trailer was out of this world, and the song is great. What's the name of it? I intend on acquiring it soon.

Lord_Davius
eek There was a watchmen trailer??? i didnt see it.. instead i saw The Spirit trailer sad scream
I saw both. I don't like that The Spirit's style is pretty much exactly that of Sin City.  

Quixotic Faye

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:10 pm
i watched it friday, i worked the midnite showing (it was horrible!) the lines on friday were insane! but it was worth the wait...the movie was incredible...everything about it was fantastic. nothing to complain about, shoot even the trailers were pretty cool...and the audience was awesome! it's a must watch, again! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:29 pm
i saw it yesturday, i thought it was ******** amazing! i like the pencil trick. and i tiought it was going to end when they introduced two face, and the ending i thought wasn't awesome sauce enough, the ending was cool but it was kinda more supenseful then action packed.  

Rishon

eighiehgudgjd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:15 am
Went and stood in line opening night to see it. Was definitely worth the wait.
This movie was just really great. I was skeptical about how Ledger would perform, but honestly, he was a perfect Joker.
The Dark Knight is so funny in a very twisted, worse than British comedy, sort of way. The fight scenes are good, it’s morbid, and rather sadistic.
Sometimes I found myself awkwardly cracking up at rather odd scenes, while the entire sold out theatre was dead silent.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:14 am
Quixotic Faye
sankapoo
Omg I know The trailer for watchmen looked amazing. and the music..Omg. I'm listening to the song now.
Oh yeah, the trailer was out of this world, and the song is great. What's the name of it? I intend on acquiring it soon.

Lord_Davius
I saw both. I don't like that The Spirit's style is pretty much exactly that of Sin City.

I know I was sitting there with my friend and she was like...O_O Sin city? Another one? yay. And then it was like.."THE SPIRIT!" and I was like...Thats lame. Moving on. talk2hand

And the song is called The Beginning is the End is the Beginning by the Smashing Pumpkins.

the song is a beautifully creepy five minute lovefest to my ears. rofl heart I've listened to it about..three hundred times in the past two days nonstop. redface  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 am
Quixotic Faye
Lord_Davius

For those of you that have read or are fans of The Spirit does it make sense for Frank Miller to make it look like Sin City? From the images I saw of The Spirit comic it's an older comic that is very colorful.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:48 pm
ninja For the benefit of Mr. Kite...

Obviously, this was one of the best movies ever made. But does anyone feel that Aaron Eckhart is getting the shaft because of Heath Ledger? I thought that Harvey Dent/Twoface was portrayed perfectly by Eckhart.

Also, Watchmen looks really dumb, I think. I'm going to wait to see more about it before making up my mind. Although the song that plays during the trailer is ******** awesome. I may see the movie just because of that song. xD

...there will be a show tonight. domokun

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

Daemon Mama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 am
At the risk of being attacked - I am going to express my opinion on how disappointed I was by this movie. I am an older person and have been a batman fan for over 40 years. My nickname as a child at summer camp was Catgirl and my license plate is BTMBL. Don't get me wrong - I would give the movie an 7 out of 10. But I was expecting a 10. Heath Ledger is good.... but would anybody be mentioning Oscar if he hadn't died? The producers of this movie should be paying his little girl a lot of money because since she lost her daddy this movie has been blown out the water at the box office. And PLEASE - who thinks Maggie G. can pass as anyone's love interest or reason for going insane???? Maybe because he saw her without makeup one morning????
There were too many unanswered questions - How did he really get scarred? Why does he wear the make up?? Why does Batman keep letting people know who he is?? And why does he use that stupid growling voice inconsistantly?? And why is Two face gone when he - at least - had a reason behind his insanity and anger?
My family went to see TDK Sunday night and it was sold out - we saw Hellboy instead. I told my husband (who HATES going to the movies) to be glad he can wait for DVD for TDK because, in my humble opinion, Hellboy was the better movie - there was a plot and motive and no unanswered questions - except if she hates him so much - why does she love him??? But that is the nature of love I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:01 am
i saw it it was awsome to the max  

Fortune-Hunter

Ruthless Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:49 am
Daemon Mama
At the risk of being attacked - I am going to express my opinion on how disappointed I was by this movie. I am an older person and have been a batman fan for over 40 years. My nickname as a child at summer camp was Catgirl and my license plate is BTMBL. Don't get me wrong - I would give the movie an 7 out of 10. But I was expecting a 10. Heath Ledger is good.... but would anybody be mentioning Oscar if he hadn't died? The producers of this movie should be paying his little girl a lot of money because since she lost her daddy this movie has been blown out the water at the box office. And PLEASE - who thinks Maggie G. can pass as anyone's love interest or reason for going insane???? Maybe because he saw her without makeup one morning????
There were too many unanswered questions - How did he really get scarred? Why does he wear the make up?? Why does Batman keep letting people know who he is?? And why does he use that stupid growling voice inconsistantly?? And why is Two face gone when he - at least - had a reason behind his insanity and anger?
My family went to see TDK Sunday night and it was sold out - we saw Hellboy instead. I told my husband (who HATES going to the movies) to be glad he can wait for DVD for TDK because, in my humble opinion, Hellboy was the better movie - there was a plot and motive and no unanswered questions - except if she hates him so much - why does she love him??? But that is the nature of love I guess.
Actually, I've been hearing rumors about a possible Oscar nomination for Heath since late last year, well before he died. It's just been intensifying lately because of his death and hype.

And I don't know why people keep bagging on Maggie for not being pretty enough for a love interest. Love interests always have to be extraordinarily beautiful? Really? neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:10 pm
I didnt really have a problem with MaggieG. I just wish they hadnt changed the actresses. I mean, its like the old batman now. xD Although now that her character is dead who cares.

I wish they had told us how the Joker really got those scars too, I mean, I'm leaning towards his father hacking into his face, but I'm not sure, I'd have to watch it again.

As for Two face, ugh. If he's really dead, thats just..tacky. I mean he didnt even really go psycho. Just got a tad bit angry and killed like..two people. .  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Du Freohr Skulblaka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:05 pm
mistress_hydro
sankapoo
Ahh it was so amazing ( I went to the midnight showing) But I admit Heath Ledger stole the entire movie.

I cant say that I liked two face, I'm hoping in the next film he'll be better. But I do love what they did to his face, so much different from the Tommy Lee Jones one.

Sadly though, I didnt see any kids in costumes.
two face won't be in the next batman movie, he died when he fell from that building. yes, that movie was all about heath. he did an excelent job as the joker and we can all see now why he had a hard time sleeping and what lead to his passing. he will be remembered by this role.

About his passing: NOT TRUE. In an interview with Empire magazine, Heath said that he enjoyed making this film and that he would, if needed, come back for a sequel. Now they cant, but still. And besides, The Dark Knight wrapped up in November.

Don't believe everything the media say.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:10 pm
Daemon Mama

The answer to most of your questions is:

Chris Nolan said that this would not be an origin story for the Joker, as the more you know about the character, the less threatening he becomes  

Du Freohr Skulblaka

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces