Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Who's ready for Twilight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Opera Rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:20 pm
I'm excited to go see it... but some of my friends and I were kindof disappointed that the actor for Edward's not as hott as we expected x]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 pm
i so cant wait!!
i read all four books
they were so good!!
hopefully the movie doesnt make the book look bad
i mean i seen the trailers i thought they were all right
but i think the books are going to be way better!!
=)  

pocky_yo

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 pm
I hate the actor they chose for Jacob. Anyone with sense couldn't mistake a Latino for a Native American... stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:38 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Im not a fan of the book(not that I have tried it), but the trailer did seem pretty good...I think Im gonna give this movie a try...

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

Octaru250
Crew

Hero Inuyasha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:43 pm
that looks good ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:01 pm
I DEFINITELY can not wait for this movie to come out.
The Twilight Series is sooooooooooooo awesome.
I'm just hoping the movies come out great.
I think Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are perfect for the roles of Bella and Edward.
I can see them doing the same things the book characters do without it looking like acting (bad acting).
I used to be a huge Harry Potter fan but after my friend got me to read the first chapter of Twilight I was hooked.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that these movies come out great.
Can't wait to watch it.

DECEMBER 12! It's tooooo long to wait!  

Twilight071

DaisukeKitsuneAkuma

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:16 pm
i`v never read a book of that serie but i have 4 book in my house LOL & yeah i want to see the movie!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:28 pm
i read all of the books in five days and i cannot wait to see the movie. but i am sad that the actors in the movie dont seem to look like what i see in my head. but other than that i am so happy to be going see it cant wait  

InuGirl504

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:56 pm
pepper79
Quixotic Faye
morbid_beauty
Quixotic Faye
After learning that a 100 year old vampire goes to high school, I decided this series was too ridiculous to delve further into.

i know, but it's vampires! haha...i want to give the book a try...but if it's just a big stressed then i'll pass on the movie...
When I was a kid, I read a lot of mythological stories about monsters and their origins. I think of vampires as a blood-sucking monsters with no redeeming quality, not the erotic dreamboats that they have lately warped into. So I have no interest in it.
U need to get an imagination! thats what life is about!! Imagining things that could most likely never happen but are still cool.

Okay, right now I am imagining vampires, which will never exist, and they're still popping up as blood-sucking monsters. It's still not cool. confused
schwoopsies
@ Quixotic Faye: again, if you read the book it makes more sense. When you're in a 17 year old body forever, you have to do what you can to fit in with everyone.
Like the difference between looking 17 and 18 is so drastic that he can't pass for slightly older than he is? What, he can't fake that he's got enough knowledge to have graduated high school early, after having 100 years to explore human knowledge? Who wants to be perpetually stuck in high school? I don't need to read a book that amounts to nothing more than a teen romance novel in order to "get it," there's nothing more to get than "this is ridiculous."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:11 pm
Quixotic Faye
pepper79
Quixotic Faye
morbid_beauty
Quixotic Faye
After learning that a 100 year old vampire goes to high school, I decided this series was too ridiculous to delve further into.

i know, but it's vampires! haha...i want to give the book a try...but if it's just a big stressed then i'll pass on the movie...
When I was a kid, I read a lot of mythological stories about monsters and their origins. I think of vampires as a blood-sucking monsters with no redeeming quality, not the erotic dreamboats that they have lately warped into. So I have no interest in it.
U need to get an imagination! thats what life is about!! Imagining things that could most likely never happen but are still cool.

Okay, right now I am imagining vampires, which will never exist, and they're still popping up as blood-sucking monsters. It's still not cool. confused
schwoopsies
@ Quixotic Faye: again, if you read the book it makes more sense. When you're in a 17 year old body forever, you have to do what you can to fit in with everyone.
Like the difference between looking 17 and 18 is so drastic that he can't pass for slightly older than he is? What, he can't fake that he's got enough knowledge to have graduated high school early, after having 100 years to explore human knowledge? Who wants to be perpetually stuck in high school? I don't need to read a book that amounts to nothing more than a teen romance novel in order to "get it," there's nothing more to get than "this is ridiculous."
actually, the books reveal that he does go to college some, it just all depends on where his coven lives at the time- they have to move every couple of years because it looks weird that they never age. & they can only live where there is little sunlight and a lot of nature to hunt in... & the paterfamilias of the coven is hell-bent on helping people so he is a doctor and he would like a hospital nearby to work at...

If you read the books you will see that most of the vampires in it stick to the monsterous image you picture, but the Cullens are using a huge amount of effort to "be good"... but even they have their moments.... I mean Edward "loves" Bella but he still wants to kill her... and all of the Cullens have a violent monterous vampiric back ground... Edward doesnt even think he has a soul- he thinks that if someone "kills" him he will go to hell

If you've ever watched Angel, you may understand the whole concept better because Angel is a vampire who was "cursed" with a soul and is good, but in his past (and still buried with in him) he was Angelus, the evil monster vampire who thrived on "delicious murder"- its kinda the same for Edward and all of the Cullens; he was once a murderer but something changed him...

You don't have to read the books... you don't have to like the vision... but please don't patronize those of us who do... and know that you can't really criticize something that you haven't even given a chance- you clearly haven't read the books, so you don't really know what you're talking about...

If you had read the books and didn't like them, it would be another story; my sister forced me to read them even though I thought they sounded stupid & I ended up loving them, but our best friend read them & hated them, but his opinion is qualified because he took the time to form an educated opinion on it...

Please do not think I am criticizing you unfairly; I have and had no intention on doing so, but I did wish to put my two cents in...

Also, I want to see the movie but I know it will very different from the book, so I'm trying to think of it as a different story with a few similarities...  

666bloodlust13

xxCierra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:03 pm
im like, addicted to the books in the twilight series. im in the middle of breaking dawn, and cannot put it down ! (well, except for now, obviously... stare ) im very much anticipating stephenie meyer's 'midnight sun' as well !!! actually, i was very angry when i found out that the guy from harry potter was playing edward, but i can't be sure exactly how it's gonna turn out. i'm not to excited about the movie, but i'll still watch it, and see how it goes... neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:04 pm
xxstephasaurusxxrexxx
I hate the actor they chose for Jacob. Anyone with sense couldn't mistake a Latino for a Native American... stressed

yea. i agree, 100% 3nodding
the only characters i agreed on was emmett, jasper, and james.
(there prob could have been someone else to play jasper, but that's okay 3nodding )
there might have been one, MAYBE two others that i didn't completely disagree with, but that was about it.  

xxCierra

DaisukeKitsuneAkuma

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:34 pm
w/e  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:05 am
...I really love the twilight books. I just couldn't get enough of the story...and it gave me such a thrill just to read them! I can't wait for the movie, honestly. I think it's going to be pretty different, but it'll still hae the Stephanie Meyer charm, so it'll turn out okie...<3

~A o i~

Friendly Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100

Evil Kitty Uzumaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:58 pm
I can't wait for the movie. I might see it not sure. sweatdrop  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items