Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
ugh musicals............. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:17 pm
GilAskan
...am I the only person who thought Sweeney Todd was terrible?

Coming from a person who is a fan of musicals, and has seen pretty much every American-made musical film of the last 40 years. Not to mention several dozen stage musicals which haven't yet reached the silver screen.

Well, I wouldn't call it terrible, but there are definitely better musicals out there, like The Sound of Music. But there's also worse ones, like Mamma Mia. I hear the stage production is fantastic, and I think that Todd is one of Burton's better films, especially after that atrocity known as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:26 am
-Another Cinderella Story (it says it is but it doesnt seem like a musical)
-High School Musical (Too many singing and dancing)  

i_mHacker_i

foxxy_demon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 am
I love musicals, myself.
I think the idea of people bursting into song and dance at random intervals of time is hilarious.
Faves gotta be:
Across the Universe
Rocky horror picture show
Repo! the Genetic Opera
Nightmare before christmas

I don't think there's a musical I don't like... though... I haven't seen mamma mia nor High school musical.
nor a lot of the older ones.. hmm... maybe I should check the local movie store for rent and such? XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:21 am
Not really a fan of musicals. Moulin Rogue gave me a headache...  

Travis III

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:57 am
I don't mind musicals, but they're VERY hit and miss. I don't know why directors and so forth always choose people who can't sing! Point: Phantom of the Opera. Gerard Butler. Hot as ********. Can't sing his way out of a wet paper bag. I literally hide my face whenever he opens his mouth. Point: REPO! The Genetic Opera. OHkay, I'll give this one props because it's bloody and angsty. BUT. Alexa Vega, honey you cannot sing. Paris Hilton, do the world a favor and drink some acid. Anthony Stewart Head, you tried, old man, you tried, and most of it wasn't that bad. But still.
Modern musicals [the ones that premire in theatres] fail.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:50 am
I HATE, HATE, HATE MUSICALS!!!! scream
lol  

Tayi Monster

5,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Four-Tailed-Kyuubi

3,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Omg Repo! the genetic opera was one of my favorite movies of all time. (twas a musical too and teh music was amazarific!)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:17 am
I hate musicals......  

Black Vine

3,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

heamarmil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:41 am
I hate musicals also, although I seen Sweeny Todd and loved it. It was a different kind of musical.
manik817
i hate musicals but the only musical i ever like was sweeny todd that was a good musical

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:21 pm
I hate musicals! scream  

johnsawbw

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:35 pm
Four-Tailed-Kyuubi
Omg Repo! the genetic opera was one of my favorite movies of all time. (twas a musical too and teh music was amazarific!)

Repo! was a terrible movie, in not only my opinion, but in the opinion of most critics as well. It just doesn't work as a musical... the lyrics too poorly done for them to have any real affect and the music is just your typical grunge metal music set to a raped musical melody.

Also, the fact that they sang the entire time annoyed the hell out of me. I mean, it might have been okay if they all could sing as well as Sarah Brightman, but it just didn't work for me (and yes, I have seen musicals where it's all singing... Les Miserables is one of my favorites).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:54 pm
Okay so there are ALOT of musicals I do NOT like. But there are some that I do. I like to watch the old ones and laugh at them a little then go around singing the tunes for the rest of the day driving other normally sane people nuts. The musical I REALLY hate right now I have not even really seen is Mama Mia. A musical with abba songs? As if Abba wasn't annoying enough. And Pierce Brosnan cannot, I repeat CANNOT sing! Oh Lord, my ears are bleeding.  

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Artist89

Fashionable Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:25 am
HighSchoolMusical never should have made anythi gpast the 1st one.
I didn't even like the 1st one, but they just went too far with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 pm
WHY do they even make crap like high school musical!!! I mean Ive asked my friends, which includes both guys and girls ages 14-18, and not a single one of my friends actualy likes it. I honestly cant believe they made it to three. I havent even seen any of them for fear that my eyes and ears will start bleeding. burning_eyes  

triplealex

triplealex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:36 pm
I will say that not all msuicals are bad, as long as there not about whiney cheese_whine teens or are total ultra sappy love fests heart or anything like that. rolleyes  
Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff